Royals Who Are Attending 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On NBC they appeared behind and to the right of her.

They're getting on far too well, don't you think Artemisia? Surely another snotty article by Rebecca English is required? How dare they enjoy one another's company?! ;)

Who is Rebecca English? :confused:

Well but she could've been, couldn't she? Granted, she's QMII's cousin, but she's still twelfth in the line of succession to the throne and could therefore act as a regent (or rigsforstander), that is just my impression it, I could be totally wrong but it sounds kind of weird if she couldn't.
She could´ve been asked, but neither QMII nor King Frederik IX has asked in the past, so I doubt that they´ll aske her now. QMII didn´t even ask her when there was wedding in Sweden :flowers:

If you ask med, then IMO it has something to do with the changing of Grundloven in 1953 and the family problems it caused...

Muhler said:
Who is Rebecca English? :confused:

She's the royal correspondent to the Daily Mail. I believe she wrote the "relationship" article about Harry the gooseberry a few weeks back.

What a gorgeous little baby girl is Athena. And her brother Henrilk is absolutely charming. loved the photos.

Someone who knows why prince Frederik will stay in London until tomorrow? :)

Roskilde said:
Someone who knows why prince Frederik will stay in London until tomorrow? :)

Guess they're using this as their yearly holiday.

Prince Joachim and Princess Marie were also confirmed to attend the closing ceremony.

Guess they're using this as their yearly holiday.
No, Frederik is regent from 14 - 22 august.
I would also assume that Mary and the kids are in Denmark as Christian starts school today.

Last edited:
I read that the IOC always have a wrap up day after each Olympics, this would be the reason for Frederik being in London an extra day.

My cousin who lives in London was at the closing ceremony last night and met HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco and also got to take his photo which he sent me on Facebook late last night.

:previous:

You should not have mentioned that - now we want to see it! :D

Here are some pics of Prince Joachim and Princess Marie on their way to the closing ceremony yesterday, August 12.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

And here are some of them (together with Prince Henrik) visiting the exhibition "Imagination- Discover the Danish Spirit" at St Katherine's Dock on August 11:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 - Henrik training for the Youth Olympic Games ;)** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **

Some more pics of the family's first day in London can also be found here:

** svenskdam.se: Joachim och Marie tog med sig Athena och Henrik jr till London ** translation **

Last edited:
dazzling said:
No, Frederik is regent from 14 - 22 august.
I would also assume that Mary and the kids are in Denmark as Christian starts school today.

I know that. What I meant was they were using the Olympics as their holiday because as you so rightly said Frederik is regent from tomorrow.

I wonder why William isn't with Kate and Harry as he is an Ambassador . I know he has been back on duty this last week but I would have thought he would have been allowed to attend such an important occasion - I think my employers would have given me time off

If William had been there, there'd have been a raft of mean comments about how his job is just for show and he takes time off whenever he likes!

(The RF can never win with these things: if they attend, they are stealing the attention from the athletes; if they don't, they don't care about the athletes and are off doing whatever they please).

A journalist (and I use that term in the loosest sense of the word) for the Daily Mail who felt that the fact that William, Kate and Harry get on really well is somehow not a good thing:

William and Kate... and Harry! It's as if there are 3 people in this marriage! | Mail Online

Thanks, EIIR :flowers:

That was a looong article about basically nothing...:ermm:

If Harry likes his sister-in-law, treats her like a sister and generally looks after her in situations that must sometimes be akward for her, so much more credit to Harry.

A journalist (and I use that term in the loosest sense of the word) for the Daily Mail who felt that the fact that William, Kate and Harry get on really well is somehow not a good thing:

William and Kate... and Harry! It's as if there are 3 people in this marriage! | Mail Online
Here we go again about this article. If you read it in its entirety you will see that she is debunking the stories about any strangeness in the relationship and paints a very good picture of the two brothers and how Catherine has been embraced in their small family as eventually Harry's future wife will be.

^^^^
Actually I think it was quite the opposite. She was suggesting one thing while saying another. Basically she was stirring up gossip where none existed before.

I'll remind you of that ;)

The Danish Royal Yacht Dannebrog departed West India Dock, London today, August 13 and Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and Prince Henrik waved goodbye :)

Wonderful pictures! Thanks!
:flowers:

Felipe and Letizia with the spanish marathon runners, photo from Casa del Rey.
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/images/20120809_pruebas_londres/20120812_maraton.jpg
Queen Sofía met three synchronized swimmers the day she visited the Olympic Village, photo from Casa del Rey.
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/ima...res/20120812_natacion_sincronizada_villa.jpg'

Felipe and Letizia gallery in Paris Match
Pris par le jeu - Felipe et Letizia, des supporters royaux - ParisMatch.com
Albert and Letizia
http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realez...beckham/0-212-780/principes-asturias03--a.jpg
Albert, Frederik and the spanish royals
http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realez...beckham/0-212-779/principes-asturias02--a.jpg

Last edited:
I read that the IOC always have a wrap up day after each Olympics, this would be the reason for Frederik being in London an extra day.

Okay thanks for the information :flowers:

I'm sure he is looking forward to finally seeing Vincent and Josephine tomorrow.

From the basketball final
Frederik chatting with Letizia and Felipe
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/pc/Princess+Letizia+Actor+Arnold+Schwarzenegger+AAxuA8rEwZsx.jpg
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/pc/Princess+Letizia+Actor+Arnold+Schwarzenegger+nGKwoHNEa3ux.jpg
Felipe is hilarious when he cheers for his team
Felipe and Letizia
With king Constantine and queen Anne Marie

On Friday the Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia congratulated the gold medalists Fredrik Lööf and Max Salminen and bronze medalist Rasmus Myrgren at a reception at the residence.
http://blog.swedenabroad.se/uk/files/2012/08/IMG_1163-460x345.jpg
Later on in the evening the King and Queen attended the handball semifinal between Sweden and Hungary. It was quite a game and at times nerve-wracking.
On Saturday the King and Queen visited the Olympic Village and had lunch with the Swedish handball players. It was a perfect opportunity to wish them all the best for today’s final against France.
Gold and bronze medalists | Sweden in the UK

King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia at the football final

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay thanks for the information :flowers:

I'm sure he is looking forward to finally seeing Vincent and Josephine tomorrow.

To be precise, the IOC last meeting was on Sunday morning and lasted I think until about 11:30am. My impression is that Prince Frederik left by plane for Copenhagen Sunday afternoon. I assume that today he has a day "off" (from Regency duties, too) in order to be with his family since today is the first day of school. :)

No pic of the Swedish royal couple (King Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia) by closing ceremony?

She could´ve been asked, but neither QMII nor King Frederik IX has asked in the past, so I doubt that they´ll aske her now. QMII didn´t even ask her when there was wedding in Sweden :flowers:

If you ask med, then IMO it has something to do with the changing of Grundloven in 1953 and the family problems it caused...

Yeah, it definitely seems as though there are hurt feelings involved still :whistling: Too bad for Joachim and Marie that they missed out on (most of) the Olympics though.

To be precise, the IOC last meeting was on Sunday morning and lasted I think until about 11:30am. My impression is that Prince Frederik left by plane for Copenhagen Sunday afternoon. I assume that today he has a day "off" (from Regency duties, too) in order to be with his family since today is the first day of school. :)
If Frederik flew back to Denmark Sunday afternoon, he would have been regent from Sunday, wouldn't he? If he was in the country, there would have been no need for Princess Benedikte to be rigsforstander until yesterday.

If Frederik flew back to Denmark Sunday afternoon, he would have been regent from Sunday, wouldn't he? If he was in the country, there would have been no need for Princess Benedikte to be rigsforstander until yesterday.

Correct. The Crown Prince automatically becomes Regent, when the Monarch is out of the country and the Crown Prince is in the country. (The Monarch and Regent can't say: "I'm taking a break". Unless they are unable to function). Only if the Monarch and the Crown Prince are both away is a Rigsforstander appointed.
So presumably Frederik was somewhere else.

My initial thought is that Frederik was onboard Dannebrog, she should be back about now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom