Royals Who Are Attending 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LadyFinn, thanks for the beautiful pics :flowers:

But, it's pitty that no pics of the royal couple together with athlets or by celebration with Olympic organisation. :sad: The other countries/royals give lunch or reception with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has (the Danish) Princess Elisabeth been away since she couldn't act as a regent in place of QMII, Frederik, Joachim and Benedikte? I mean, she's 12th in the line of succession to the throne, so she should be able to act as a regent, am I right? It could have been nice for Joachim, Marie and the children to get a bit more of the Olympics than the last two-three days.
Well, Princess Elisabeth hasn´t been used as Rigsforstander at all, so I doubt that QMII will ask her :flowers:

Felipe and Letizia talked with Pau Gasol after the medal ceremony and posed with the silver team. It seems that queen Sofia left home to Spain right after the game ended.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia at the end of the handball final, Sweden lost to France with one goal.
http://media.shootitlive.com/aftonbladet/727/78eZVF5uAFH8xSVeQdYCIjUjVCw_1200.jpg
http://media.shootitlive.com/aftonbladet/727/4oEs2QyL67q5CqmzzimmJgZ5Ui7_1200.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The BBC showed about 10 minutes of the handball final between Sweden and France, before switching to a different event (handball's not really played in the UK at all). The commentator said that the Swedish royal family were there, with 'King Carl and Queen Sonja' cheering the team on. Hard to know where to start with that one.

The BBC showed about 10 minutes of the handball final between Sweden and France, before switching to a different event (handball's not really played in the UK at all). The commentator said that the Swedish royal family were there, with 'King Carl and Queen Sonja' cheering the team on. Hard to know where to start with that one.

Looks like they got their Sweden and Norway confused :ermm:. Wonder if these commentators are allowed to use a teleprompter or typed out/handwritten notes that will have correct information on them, so that such mistakes can be prevented.

After watching the interactions among the royals, at these olympics, I get the distinct impression that they know each other and probably have contact with each other in unofficial capacity. The stories of them being guests at Balmoral and High Grove sound plausible to me.

Except for Kate, William and Harry I don't think I saw any royals present - if it hadn't been for this thread I wouldn't have been aware that any other British royals were there let alone those from other countries.

Iluvbertie said:
Except for Kate, William and Harry I don't think I saw any royals present - if it hadn't been for this thread I wouldn't have been aware that any other British royals were there let alone those from other countries.

Well on the BBC, Anne, Tim, Edward and Sophie got a lot of coverage Anne especially. Depending on the event you saw foreign royals.

Queen Sofia fan said:
Would they be at the closing ceremony ?

LadyFinn said in the other thread that Felipe and Letizia were confirmed to attend the closing ceremony.

I wonder why William isn't with Kate and Harry as he is an Ambassador . I know he has been back on duty this last week but I would have thought he would have been allowed to attend such an important occasion - I think my employers would have given me time off

Elly C said:
I wonder why William isn't with Kate and Harry as he is an Ambassador . I know he has been back on duty this last week but I would have thought he would have been allowed to attend such an important occasion - I think my employers would have given me time off

He doesn't get time off when he wants. He's at work and was never scheduled to attend the closing ceremony.

Well, Princess Elisabeth hasn´t been used as Rigsforstander at all, so I doubt that QMII will ask her :flowers:

Well but she could've been, couldn't she? Granted, she's QMII's cousin, but she's still twelfth in the line of succession to the throne and could therefore act as a regent (or rigsforstander), that is just my impression it, I could be totally wrong but it sounds kind of weird if she couldn't.

:previous:
Being a member of the IOC ensures that you always get a good seat at the big and popular events. :)

King of the Closing Ceremony: Prince Harry is joined by Kate as he takes centre stage as the top Royal
Prince Harry was launched into a new leading role in the royal family last night when he took centre stage at the Olympic closing ceremony. In his most important solo Royal engagement yet, the third in line to the throne was selected as the figurehead for the spectacular farewell to the Games, which the Queen opened two weeks ago. The high-profile task of celebrating Britain’s glory at London 2012 fell to the 27-year-old prince, sitting alongside the Duchess of Cambridge, after a succession of prominent appearances in the crowd at many of the history-making events of the competition.
A lovely picture of Harry and Kate from the article. :)

Oh, definitely. I'm sure Kate is thinking she chose the wrong brother. ;)

Artemisia said:
Oh, definitely. I'm sure Kate is thinking she chose the wrong brother. ;)

Personally, I think it would be much more dignified if they got into a slap fight in a pub. This continued show of family unity must not be tolerated.

Personally, I think it would be much more dignified if they got into a slap fight in a pub. This continued show of family unity must not be tolerated.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Oh, definitely not. How dare they like one another and have a good relationship! The nerve of them!

This continued show of family unity must not be tolerated.

The cameras got shots of them dancing ... at the same time... next to each other - Im sure there is the makings of a scandal there somewhere. Can you imagine... Phillip laughing and sitting next to Margaret, Diana with Andrew, Sophie with Charles. This just isnt done - the fate of the monarchy hangs in the balance. Someone stop those two crazy kids from spending time together and enjoying themselves. :whistling:

Last edited:
Joachim & Marie of Denmark were seated behind Catherine.

Back
Top Bottom