Royals Who Are Attending 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe she liked it so much she decided to translate it into Danish?

British Royals ‏@britishroyals The Duchess of Cambridge takes her seat at synchronised swimming #olympics. Hearing Richard Branson there as well

Not the most thrilling first pic but anyways
Michelloui TheAmericanResident 4m
Sitting opposite the Duchess of Cambridge at synchronised swimming #olympics pic.twitter.com/7FPmTky7

Mazcohen ‏@Mazcohen Kate Middleton behind our seats in seating at sync swimming. Awkward, hope she doesn't see my tweet...

Travel With a Mate ‏@TravelWithAMate
RT @AboutLondon: Watching Synchronised Swimming at #London2012 Aquatics Centre Kate Middleton is here! And @TravelWithAMate. All the stars!

There's soo many tweets bout here being there these are just a few

First pro pics

Kate at swimming. http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/catherine-duchess-of-cambridge-arrives-to-attend-the-news-photo/150039340 http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/catherine-duchess-of-cambridge-watches-the-womens-teams-news-photo/150039337 http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/catherine-duchess-of-cambridge-and-official-team-gb-news-photo/150039372
I think NBC is airing it live if I'm not mistaken.

Now if y'all don't mind I'm heading back to bed I have to be up in another hour

Last edited:
:previous::lol: Who knows?

Seems like both languages have now been blessed with a new expression: A bowtie in both ears = :D

Just saw Kate with the Princess Royals husband Tim Lawrence watching the women's boxing final

crm2317 said:
Just saw Kate with the Princess Royals husband Tim Lawrence watching the women's boxing final

She was watching Katie Taylor win her gold.

Duchess delights at Nicola Adams' historic win as she takes ringside seat at the boxing
The Duchess of Cambridge watched as Olympics history was made today as she had a ringside seat for the first final of the women's boxing. And Kate couldn't conceal her delight that the first female champion was from Great Britain as Nicola Adams won the gold medal at the ExCel centre. Adams overwhelmed China's double world champion Ren Cancan 16-7 in the women's flyweight division.
Lovely pictures of Kate and Prince Albert in the article.

Images cropped and reduced in size to comply with Fair Use.

Attachments

• article-2186098-1476741A000005DC-477_306x423.jpg
    article-2186098-1476741A000005DC-477_306x423.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 308
  • article-2186098-14767416000005DC-858_306x423.jpg
    article-2186098-14767416000005DC-858_306x423.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 376
The picture isn't detailled enough, but the words on her identification-tag seen to fit with " HRH Catherine Cambridge".
I must say that it is fortunate that she loves sports. I wouldn't want to spend all those hours attending games which don't interest me.
Perhaps a game here and there, but the Dutchess is making long hours. :)
Kate's identification badge reads "HRH The Duchess of Cambridge".

Cropped from a larger image and constitutes less than 20% of the original.

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary took Christian and Isabella to the Olympic Village, where they met some of the Danish athletes.
- Mary with Christian and Isabella
- Christian and Isabella with Mikkel Hansen
- Christian (striking the Usain Bolt lightning bolt pose) with Mikkel Hansen :D
- Crown Prince Frederik, Christian and Isabella with Mikkel Hansen and Kim Christensen

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 219
Last edited by a moderator:
To me it seemed like QMII's speech at the athletes reception wasn't scripted and that she was, with her wonderful humour, trying to come up with another term for saying that no matter if the athletes took home a medal, they should be proud of having participated. I think that "med sløjfer i begge ører" is a lovely saying.

On another note, Christian looks absolutely thrilled to meet Mikkel Hansen and his Usain Bolt pose is just wonderful.

Last edited:
I think Harry is supposed to attend Athletics in 3 hours or less from now.

What is the Princess Royal doing? As the President of the British Olympic Association and member of the IOC I find it hard to believe that she is doing nothing.
I'm not quite sure but I have seen her around actually at alot of the events William Kate and Harry have been to. Just go here and find princess anne and their's a list of her upcoming Olympic events
http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/Royaldiary/Locationsandtimes.aspx

Also Daria I can't access the page right now but I saw it earlier and wanted to say your welcome and I'll miss you guys too lord knows idk how I'm going to keep off this place while I'm on vacation y'all know I'm addicted to being here.

What is the Princess Royal doing? As the President of the British Olympic Association and member of the IOC I find it hard to believe that she is doing nothing.

I've not seen all of the Olympics but I've seen Princess Anne attending equestrian, sailing, athletics and women's boxing events, plus I think cycling. This is as well as official engagements that we never see between IOC members. She is also hosting a pre-closing ceremony reception plus attending the closing ceremony itself.

I want to know what Robin Cousins said to DoC

Catherine Duchess Of Cambridge Watches The Womens Teams

A large picture of the DRF out in force to support Princess Nathalie at equestrian: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/464/5/5464090-nathalie-7.jpg

With Nathalie herself, riding Digby: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/464/5/5464087-nathalie-og-digby.jpg

She was indeed pleased with the family-supporters, but said with a grin: "That's funny, they are normally never there".

She added: "My mother was there (to support her) but my father is sitting at home in front of the telly".

Alas, Nathalie didn't win any medals.

VictoriaB said:

You might want to have a look at many pictures of the Princess Royal over the past two weeks. I don't think she's missed a day of events. Twitter feeds about royals are almost solely about The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Harry. Anyone else who happens to be there are secondary to the 'popular' kids. Take a look, http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/Search...ial&p=Princess+Anne+olympics&assetType=image#

- Opening Ceremony
Day 2 - 5 = Equestrian events
Day 6 = Shooting and Cycling
Day 7 = hockey, cycling and swimming
Day 8 = Cycling
Day 9 & 10 = Sailing
Day 11 = Cycling
Day 12 = boxing.

Yes, Juliette, The DRF are sleeping onboard Dannebrog.

- I see Isabella basically has the same view on handball that I have: A group of people toss a ball around a few times, then run to the other end of a short field and score. After which the other team toss the ball around, run back again and score. And they do that for half an hour! :confused:
Why not remain in the same end and take turn scoring?

Notice the blonde woman in red behind the royals. She's the Danish PM, and as you will observe the corners of her mouth are perpetually in twenty minutes past eight position. No doubt her negative vibrations influenced the game....

Our Marie has confirmed that she and her Joachim will bring their two children with them to London:
Billed-Bladet - Børnene med Marie til OL - Det bliver en udfordring

The keen-eyed will have noticed Christian's backpack from when he went onboard Dannebrog. Apart from his name there was also a copy of dad's shark-tattoo.

Thanks Muhler - your comments are always insightful and funny!

She was indeed pleased with the family-supporters, but said with a grin: "That's funny, they are normally never there".

She added: "My mother was there (to support her) but my father is sitting at home in front of the telly".

Mmmh...interesting comment. Muhler, do you think that was directed to Prince Frederick and Princess Mary, the Queen or her parents?

Mmmh...interesting comment. Muhler, do you think that was directed to Prince Frederick and Princess Mary, the Queen or her parents?

No, I believe that's part of the very dry and pretty rough humour they use at Berleburg.
It's "west-coast-humour" here in DK.

And you are most welcome, Juliette. :)

I really love it how the Royals present themselves as a functional family!!:flowers:

No, I believe that's part of the very dry and pretty rough humour they use at Berleburg.
It's "west-coast-humour" here in DK.

And you are most welcome, Juliette. :)
I think I would call it "passive aggressive" humour!! :lol: At least is was in good spirit!

Prince Harry, King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia waiting for Usain Bolts 200m run.

I haven't seen any pictures of the Norwegians Royals these days. H&M-M were there at the beginning, though. Have they gone home?

Back
Top Bottom