Royals Who Are Attending 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Duchess of Cambridge, Princess Anne and Timothy Lawrence watched the race today in Weymouth.
- Picture of all three

Duchess of Cambridge takes to the water wearing her favourite Team GB fan kit for Olympic sailing medal race in Weymouth
The Duchess of Cambridge took to the waves today to cheer on Irish sailor Annalise Murphy in the Laser Radial medal race. Although Annalise narrowly missed out on an Olympic medal after finishing fourth, Kate seemed to thoroughly enjoy her day out on the water. She joined Sir Steve Redgrave, Princess Anne and her husband Sir Timothy Lawrence as they sailed alongside the race.
Don't mean to sound negative, but I'm really tired of DM's non-stopping coverage of Kate; I could bet there are more articles about her than all the athletes competing in the Olympics put together.

What interests me is that reference to cheering on the Irish athlete when there was a British one in the race?

:previous:
That stroke me as odd too.
Alison Young, who represented Britain, finished on 4th spot (ahead of Ireland's Annalise Murphy) in today's race.

However, I think maybe the reason the royals were cheering on the Irish athlete because the British one didn't really have a chance for a medal.
Chinese athlete won with 35 points *, followed by the Dutch athlete with 37 points and a Belgian with 40. The Irish just missed on a medal with 44 points (and had she finished in Top 3 today, she could have well clinched a bronze), but Alison Young had 60 points, making her chances of a medal extremely slim indeed (in order to win even a bronze, she would have to come first, while all those ahead of her in overall standings had to finish 6th or below).

* As in golf, the less points, the better.

Last edited:
Don't mean to sound negative, but I'm really tired of DM's non-stopping coverage of Kate; I could bet there are more articles about her than all the athletes competing in the Olympics put together.

DM's home page tends to highlight the royals' participation and there is a lot of Kate coverage, but they do have an Olympics section devoted to the athletes with a lot of great articles about the athletes and not the royals. Olympics | Mail Online

The Duchess of Cambridge, Princess Anne and Timothy Lawrence watched the race today in Weymouth.
- Picture of all three

Duchess of Cambridge takes to the water wearing her favourite Team GB fan kit for Olympic sailing medal race in Weymouth

I agree; at time is is a bit much - but they are only continuing the coverage as her articles get the most hits - and drive up traffic. If she wasnt getting the traffic they would stop or fall lower on the page (traffic drives the stories up the home page). On the other hand - part of this is wrapped up in her Team GB ambassdador job - bringing coverage to sports that may not have gotten much coverage .... i.e. handball, sailing.

DM's home page tends to highlight the royals' participation and there is a lot of Kate coverage, but they do have an Olympics section devoted to the athletes with a lot of great articles about the athletes and not the royals. Olympics | Mail Online

See, and I think it brings attention to the athletes, which is Kate's job here :)

Also... how funny is it to see her and Princess Anne dressed as twinsies?

The articles on Kate must be popular otherwise the DM wouldn't publish them. Kate's had a 'good Games', as has William and Harry, with many of the GB athletes saying how much they appreciate having them at their events and at Team GB House.

Be in no doubt, though, there has been plenty of coverage of Team GB over the last few days. The BBC shows around 18 hours of commercial-free Olympics sport live everyday. We're seeing our athletes, don't worry.

Richard Palmer's reporting that Prince William is back on RAF duty, so we shouldn't expect to see him this week. Probably will keep seeing Kate though.

See, and I think it brings attention to the athletes, which is Kate's job here :)

Also... how funny is it to see her and Princess Anne dressed as twinsies?

yes - i think they both looked very natural in the setting.

and on a personal note I think Kate is getting some good quality time with the family. She seems to be sitting near Tim or Anne alot of the time. its nice to forge those relationships not always with William or at some royal family get together.

Kate with Gb's sailing team
Catherine Duchess Of Cambridge Meets With Members Of The
Catherine Duchess Of Cambridge Meets Finn Class Gold Medal

Kate with rower Greg Searle
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8c9paa9xc1rno4lgo1_500.jpg

Just looking at today's pics and it seems Kate gets on real well with Anne's husband Tim Laurence

I absolutely adore this photo of Kate and Sophie
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8c0pbQUgk1r9nwu6o1_500.jpg

A much better photo of Kate and the Team USA Gymnasts from yesterday
http://instagram.com/p/N_u73yPVoN/

No engagements for Kate tomorrow but Harry will be at the Beach Volleyball event at 19:00 BST, 14:00EST and 11:00PST

Last edited:
I had the same thought, ghost. She seems very comfortable in the presence of both Tim and the Princess Royal herself.

Yup for sure. I'm really happy that she seems to be getting on so well with the family.

A picture from the telegraaf, with a tense looking PoO, Maxima and their daughters & nieces.

http://www.telegraaf.nl

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looking at today's pics and it seems Kate gets on real well with Anne's husband Tim Laurence

No engagements for Kate tomorrow but Harry will be at the Beach Volleyball event at 19:00 BST, 14:00EST and 11:00PST

I noticed that as well. I think Catherine is one of those people that gets on with pretty much everyone, which makes things a lot easier when trying to forge positive relationships with one's in-laws. I love that picture of Catherine and Sophie, using their phones to take pictures of each other, at the same time. Kind of 'a picture within the picture' moment :D. A day off is a good thing; she can take a bit of a break, and just catch up on some 'alone' time.

Thanks for posting Northen Princess.

Great pics, happy to see Mary back and with the children. Looking forward to seeing them at some the events. I think we will see them at Greenwich Park for the show jumping.

Quick correction I said Harry would be at the game at 11:00am PST well there is no game at 11:00am PST it would be 10:00am PST and The Bronze Medal match begins at 7pm/2pm EDT, the Gold Medal match is scheduled for 9pm/4pm EDT.

Thanks for posting these pictures Northern Princess :flowers:

I smile every time I see these children. They always look like some very happy and confident children. And Isabella is a beautiful little girl and she always has this lovely mischievous look in her eyes.

It's nice too see Mary back in London and it's great that Christian and Isabella are with her. I'm sure they will enjoy some days of Dannebrog and to watch sports with mom and dad.

Kate with Gb's sailing team
Catherine Duchess Of Cambridge Meets With Members Of The

Kate with rower Greg Searle
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8c9paa9xc1rno4lgo1_500.jpg

A much better photo of Kate and the Team USA Gymnasts from yesterday
Photo by jordyn_wieber • Instagram

I love the image of Catherine and Sophie, i put it on my tumblr. I would love to see their photos!

A picture from the telegraaf, with a tense looking PoO, Maxima and their daughters & nieces.

http://www.telegraaf.nl

Thanks, Marengo :flowers:

Good heavens! How many girls are there in that family?!? :eek:

Thanks, Northern Princess :flowers:

The female protection officer is British. I even believe I've seen her before with Mary, when she was in London.
The man who is trying to hide behind the bushes is from PET, I recognice him. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom