Sheikha Mozah, Wife of the Emir, News and Events 1: 2003 - 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Qatar's woman beside the man

But Sheika Mozah bint Nasser al-Missned grabs attention for more than her fashion sense. As the Christian Science Monitor reported last year, "the glamorous mother of seven rivals her husband in terms of influence in her native land".
Last year she was ranked 79 on the ... - Full Article

She is very stylish and I admire her a lot...But I must admit that this green outfit isn't one of my favorites she wore in public celebrations...UGH. :D

Vanesa.

The Associated Press: New in Gulf: bigger role for some first ladies

New in Gulf: bigger role for some first ladies

Sheika Mozah bint Nasser al-Missned may have been wearing a traditional black head scarf and robe, but she took on a very untraditional role in rallying the men to support a $100 million initiative to tackle unemployment. Like her counterpart in Dubai, Oxford-educated Princess Haya, Mozah is taking up the Western "first lady" model — activist, globe-trotting and involved in public affairs.

The Associated Press: New in Gulf: bigger role for some first ladies

New in Gulf: bigger role for some first ladies

Sheika Mozah bint Nasser al-Missned may have been wearing a traditional black head scarf and robe, but she took on a very untraditional role in rallying the men to support a $100 million initiative to tackle unemployment. Like her counterpart in Dubai, Oxford-educated Princess Haya, Mozah is taking up the Western "first lady" model — activist, globe-trotting and involved in public affairs.
I think it's quite interesting that because of the way in which many Arab countries operate (absolute monarchies) the wives and consorts are given a lot more freedom on the issues they can explore.

European royals, especially the female consorts, often seem to be bound by tradition and protocol so have a more restricted field to work in.

Qatar's First Lady Sheikha Mozah Bint Nasser al-Misned attends a conference on education in Iraq titled 'Stop Jeopardizing the Future of Iraq' at the UNESCO Palace in Paris on November 1, 2008. AFP PHOTO/AMMAR ABD RABBO via ANP

Pic 1 -- Pic 2

Looking great in a purple-white outfit, Sheikha Mozah takes on a worthy cause such as education in Iraq. I am really impressed by the latitude she has got to address issues.

Sheikha Mozah poses with Venus Williams and Vera Zvonareva at the awarding ceremonies of the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour year-end championships.
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/gallery#photoViewer=urn%3Anewsml%3Asports.yahoo%2Cgetty%3A20050301%3Aten%2Cphoto%2Cca32bee869046cdff43489f381628870-getty-tennis-wta-qat-championships%3A1

With Venus, Billie Jean King, and Abdulrahman al-Shetri, president of the Qatar Tennis Federation:
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/gallery...6aafbf3f8-getty-83618346cb028_sony_ericsson:1

With the doubles champion Cara Black and Liezel Huber:
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/gallery...9545c.qatar_tennis_wta_championships_xkj115:1

Last edited:
From L) Palestinian Foreign Minister Riyad al-Malki, UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, Burundi's President Pierre Nkurunziz, Sheikha Moza, wife of Qatar's Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, and Salvador's Vice President Ana Vilma de Escobar attend a meeting on the sidelines of a UN-sponsored conference seeking ways to limit the impact of the financial crisis on developing countries, in Doha on November 30, 2008. International bodies urged concerted action to help developing nations confront the global economic crisis, but the absence of major leaders at the aid conference dampened hopes of concrete initiatives. AFP PHOTO/MARWAN NAAMANI via ANP

Pic 1 -- Pic 2

Sheikha Mozah to inaugurate QSTP tomorrow

Marking a new dawn of scientific innovation in the Middle East, H H Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned will open the state-of-the-art Qatar Science & Technology Park (QSTP) in the presence of the Emir H H Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani at a glittering ceremony tomorrow.

The grand gala opening ceremony will be marked by the presence of over 1,200 specially-invited guests and leading figures in the global energy, environment, health sciences and ICT spheres. They include Sir Richard Branson, founder of Virgin; Jeff Immelt, Chief Executive of GE; ... Read more here

Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al-Missned, Consort of His Highness the Emir of the State of Qatar signs the guest book of the United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon March 18, 2009 at the United Nations in New York. AFP PHOTO/DON EMMERT
Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3 -- Pic 4 -- Pic 5

It is nice to see Sheikha Mozah becoming more visible in the awareness campaigns and various conferences that address a vast spectre of issues Qatar and other countries face.
On a lighter note ... I like the way Sheikha Mozah covers her head. I wonder whether her pearl necklaces are real. They are magnificent. Sheikha's suit was well-tailored. I am not keen on shiny collar, which spoilt the look for me.

^Love her shoes... thanks for the pics.. would love to see more!

In my opinion, Sheikha Mozah looks really awkward in a monochrome white ensemble. Rich colours, especially green, become her better.

I definitely agree with al bina that the Sheikha looks better in strong vivid colors than plae ones. The white outfit makes her look pasty. With her coloring I think she can wear bright colors with ease.

In this handout made available by the Iraqi Prime Minister's office on May 07 2009, Sheikha Muza bint Nasser al-Misnad (L), wife of prince of Qatar Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa looks on as Unesco's General Director Koichiro Matsuura signs a document with Iraqi Education Minister Khudair al-Khuzai as Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki (C) looks on at his offices in Baghdad ( ANP )

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/5632/9736015.jpg
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1029/9736022.jpg
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6731/9736043.jpg

Sheikha Mozah is unusual woman. Someone mentioned here that she might have enemies, overcoming tradition that expect women to stay home, not always makes first lady popular.
Mozah is also really stunning woman, her style is a little weird, but I like it.
There is a little about her, Wikipedia: it.Sheikha Mozah Bint Nasser Al-Missned - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Question: it says she is 2rd wife of 3 wives. Who is 3rd wife? I am sorry if I am ignorant but I don't follow Qatari royals too often.:blush:

The wives are:
Sheikha Mariam
Sheikha Moza
Sheikha Noora

Mariam and Noora are not in the press.

:previous: this is a new information I know for the first time,I thought that Sheikha mozha was the second and the last wife of the Sheikh,thanks Tuna.

Tuna,
Thanks for the information!
Given the fact that Sheikha Mozah is very visible, one may think that she is the first wife. I just wonder how the son of the second wife became Crown Prince.

According to Wikipedia:

his older brother Sheikh Jasim bin Hamad Al-Thani renounced his rights in his favour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom