Sheikha Mozah, Wife of the Emir, News and Events 1: 2003 - 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheikha Moza to open Hamad bin Khalifa Imaging Center in Egypt

DOHA: Aswan Heart Center (AHC) in Egypt, developed under Magdi Yacoub Research Institute (MYRN) is set to have an imaging center named after the Emir H H Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani. The Hamad bin Khalifa Imaging Center, partially funded by Qatar Foundation is all set to be inaugurated by H H Sheikha Moza bint Nasser.

Sheikha Moza Opens Hamad bin Khalifa Medical Imaging Centre in Aswan

Aswan, Egypt, October 23 (QNA) - Chairperson of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development (QF)Sheikha Moza bint Nasser opened today Hamad bin Khalifa Medical Imaging Centre during a visit to Aswan Heart Centre, an affiliate of Dr. Magdi Yacoub of Heart Diseases and Research Centre in the upper Egypt''s province.

The opening of Hamad bin Khalifa Medical Imaging Centre comes as support by Her Highness to Aswan Heart Diseases and Research Centre.

HH Sheikha Moza bint Nasser expressed pleasure for the existing partnership between Qatar Foundation and the Foundation of Dr. Magdi Yacoub, especially in light of the growing incidence of heart and blood vessels diseases in the region underlining that "any medical or scientific achievement could not be made without scientific research and scientific research could not be made without a stimulating environment to embrace it. She said the Aswan Heart Centre is an honouring model for the stimulating environment for scientific and medical research in the Arab world."
Pictures :
http://www.qnaol.net/QNAHotNewsPictureLibrary/QNA_HHSheikhaEgyp22522310211-(2).jpg

http://www.qnaol.net/QNAHotNewsPictureLibrary/QNA_HHSheikhaEgyp22522310211-(1).jpg

QNA | News | Sheikha Moza Opens Hamad bin Khalifa Medical Imaging Centre in Aswan

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topi...=465963&version=1&template_id=57&parent_id=56

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topi...=465905&version=1&template_id=36&parent_id=16

Last edited:
Changing education for the better

The third edition of the World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) will begin on Tuesday in Doha and explore the theme of ‘Changing Societies, Changing Education.
WISE, an initiative of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development, was launched in 2009 under the aegis of H H Sheikha Moza bint Nasser. It is an international initiative and platform for a multitude of established and new educational actors to collaborate proactively all year round.

Exhibition Hall targets top ‘green’ certification
spacer.gif

The Exhibition Hall building behind the Qatar National Convention Centre in the Education City will most likely become the first building in the region to receive the US Green Building Council’s ‘Gold LEED’ (Leadership in Energy and Environment Design) certification.
Since QGBC’s inception as an initiative in 2009 by a decree signed by HH Sheikha Moza, it has built important partnerships with the industry and community through membership and sponsorship programmes, engaging multiple stakeholders in advancing a green building culture and sharing the benefits that come with it.

Gulf Times ? Qatar?s top-selling English daily newspaper - Qatar

Last edited:
Educational systems need improvement: Sheikha Moza

DOHA: There is an urgent need to improve the educational systems, says H H Sheikha Moza bint Nasser, Chairperson Qatar Foundation, in her message released yesterday for the third edition of World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE).
Summit for Education (WISE).
“Today, our fast-changing world needs this kind of forum more than ever. Many regions are experiencing economic and political instability, and ongoing problems of poverty, conflict, climate change, and the depletion of natural resources are exacerbated by this instability,” she said

Last edited:
Following is the full text of H H Sheikha Moza bint Nasser’s address to 3rd WISE summit to be delivered today.

"I am pleased to welcome you to Doha – and to the 3rd World Innovation Summit for Education.
Since WISE was launched, it has been focused on finding innovative solutions and channelling them into concrete actions. We have come a long way in building a forum where we can share ideas, collaborate, and turn initiatives into sustainable and inclusive solutions for a variety of educational needs."

Read :

WISE Doha 2011 Nov 1-3: World needs this forum: Sheikha Moza

Last edited:
HH the Emir and HH Sheikha Moza Co-Sponsor WISE Inaugural Ceremony

Doha, November 01 (QNA) -HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani and HH Sheikha Moza Bint Nasser, the chairperson of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development (QF) have co-sponsored the opening ceremony of the World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) earlier Tuesday at the Qatar National Convention Centre (QNCC).

HHSheikha Moza participated during the opening ceremony in a seminar on education where HH Sheikha Moza pointed out that education has become a must and a major tool for the cherished change to create a society capable of meeting challenges we face noting that we have to work together to develop our education mechanism.

http://www.qnaol.net/QNAEn/Local_News/Politics2/Pages/HHtheEmirandHHSheikhaMozaCo01112011.aspxhttp://www.qnaol.net/QNAEn/News_bulletin/News/Pages/11-11-01-1831_170_0061.aspx

Last edited:
HH Sheikha Moza Stresses Importance of Education

Doha, November 01 (QNA) - HH Sheikha Moza Bint Nasser, chairperson of the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development has stressed her belief in the power of education and its ability to change the lives of individuals, transform societies and link peoples together. Participating in a seminar as part of the opening session of the World Innovation Summit for Education WISE she noted that education is a source for power, "when we use this power properly and for the right purposes".

http://www.qnaol.net/QNAEn/Local_News/Politics2/Pages/HHSheikhaMozaStressesImportance01112011.aspx

picture
http://www.qnaol.net/QNAHotNewsPictureLibrary/QNA_EmirSheikhaWise21360111.jpg

Last edited:
HH Sheikha Moza: Time has come to implement innovative financing solutions in education

Doha, November 02 (QNA) - HH Sheikha Moza bint Nasser, Chairperson of the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development (QF) this morning took part in the high-level interactive discussion on "Innovative mechanisms and partnerships for international development cooperation in education," held on the sidelines of the World Summit on Innovation In Education (WISE) at Qatar National Convention Center.
HH Sheikha Moza underlined the direct and close relationship between education and the business sectors, noting that the time has come to implement innovative financing solutions in the education sector particularly with respect to new and innovative educational projects which respond to our growing and changing needs.

http://www.qnaol.net/QNAEn/Local_News/Politics2/Pages/HHSheikhaMozaTakesPartinHigh-leve02112011.aspxhttp://www.qnaol.net/QNAEn/News_bulletin/News/Pages/11-11-02-1752_123_0049.aspx

Last edited:
HH Sheikha Moza Honours WISE 2011 Prize Winners

Doha, November 02 (QNA) - HH Sheikha Moza Bin Nasser , The Chairperson Of Qatar Foundation For Education, Science And Community Development (QF) has sponsored the WISE prize distribution ceremony held at Qatar National Convention Center(QNCC). HH Sheikha Moza has honoured during the ceremony the owners of the six-prize winning projects this year.

QNA | News | HH Sheikha Moza Honours WISE 2011 Prize Winners
http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topi...=468093&version=1&template_id=57&parent_id=56

Last edited:
WISE Reaffirms Commitment to Millennium Development Goals

Doha, November 03 (QNA) - The World Summit on Innovation In Education (WISE) on Thursday reaffirmed commitment to meeting the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), especially the pledge of achieving Universal Primary Education. Speaking at the closing plenary session, HE Sheikh Abdulla bin Ali Al-Thani, Chairman of WISE said HH Sheikha Moza bint Nasser, Chairperson of Qatar Foundation for Education (QF) has announced the creation of an award on " Projects on Innovative Financing for Education,"starting from the next year.

QNA | News | WISE Reaffirms Commitment to Millennium Development Goals

Shekha Mozah

I think Sheikha Mozah is a top level person in whatever she does .
She is a perfect mother,a perfect wife,and a sensitive leader , but sensitive does not mean weakness , she is stronger than many men yet so woman.
Although she's not young under a anagraphic point of view , she is sill a girl if you meet her personally , she is delicate , very young looking and briliant.
HH the Emir of Qatar Sheikh Hamad Al Thai is a very wise man , he has given the opportunity to his wife to do great things;therefore I think that this couple are very cool .
Cheers
By blackmagic (I'm everywhere !! :))

here's a woman who we don't here about too often but who has done so much for women in the middle east, particularly in her country of qatar...it's a shame we don't hear more about this woman...she's not young, not hip to the latest fashions, but she's beautiful all the same...

http://www.msnbc.com/news/988109.asp?cp1=1

Hillary Clinton, Stand Back
Qatar’s First Lady leads a modernization effort

By Carla Power
NEWSWEEK INTERNATIONAL

Nov. 10 issue — Texas A&M is coming to Qatar, and the Gulf emirate is welcoming the university with a Texas-size barbecue. Inside an air-conditioned tent in the capital of Doha, local cooks dish up heaps of ribs and fajitas. Cowboy boots have been flown in specially, to serve as table centerpieces. The Aggie Wranglers, an American country-dance group in tight jeans, perform athletic down-home dances for the hundreds of assembled guests, eliciting whoops from the Texan visitors and bemused applause from the Arab hosts. At ceremonies the day before, the Qatari students of the university’s new campus, more than half of them women in black abayas and higabs, belted out the school song, “The Spirit of Aggieville,” accompanied by the university’s marching band arrayed on a Texas football field and beamed in by satellite. Grown Aggies wept when two cherub-cheeked Qatari undergraduates delivered speeches, closing their Arabic address by yelling, “Howdy!”
NEARBY SAT the event’s principal architect, Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned, the second wife of the emir, out of three. For the past eight years, she’s worked on creating Qatar’s Education City, which formally opened earlier this month and also includes branches of Cornell Medical School and Virginia Commonwealth University. She decided to fund American universities in Qatar when she noticed that her children, who attended English-speaking primary schools in Doha, were becoming “strangers” to their own Arab, Muslim culture: “One Christmas, my eldest son had to play the Christmas tree,” she told NEWSWEEK. “I felt embarrassed and humiliated.”
Will Tiny Emirates Pave the Way?

Driven, imaginative and rather daring by regional standards, Sheikha Mozah has emerged as an icon of the tiny emirate’s modernization efforts. In a region where First Ladies steer clear of public policy, Sheikha Mozah is head of the Qatar Foundation, which oversees the education and medical care of the state’s 150,000 citizens. Where other Gulf consorts tend to be invisible to the public eye, Sheikha Mozah “came out” for the first time in September, raising Qatari eyebrows by allowing herself to be photographed. Later, discussing the national and international press attention generated by the photo shoot, she came to realize that the publicity might help further her cause: “I thought, ‘They [now] know that for education, we are willing to do everything’.”
At the palace dinner to celebrate Education City’s inauguration, it was not so much the emir as Sheikha Mozha, resplendent in crimson velvet and ruby-and-diamond jewelry, whom the movers and shakers lined up to greet. The union between the gazelle-like Sheikha Mozah and the burly 53-year-old emir is not a traditional Gulf marriage. “He’s a friend, more than a husband,” observes Sheikha Mozha, who married Sheik Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani as a high-school student, a quarter century ago. Doha court watchers even quip that in the emir and Sheikha Mozha, the Qataris are getting two leaders for the price of one, just like the Americans got with Bill and Hillary Clinton. “With many other Arab First Ladies, [their work] is more about... conferences, seminars and small-scale social projects,” notes Asmaa Bekada, who produces a women’s program on the Arab satellite TV network Al-Jazeera. “Sheikha Mozha’s work is more concrete. You see the results.”
Sheikha Mozha’s high profile fits neatly into a key platform of her husband’s reform plans: women. Extending the vote to women was not simply a progressive reform, notes the Washington Institute for Near East Policy’s Simon Henderson, but a canny extension of his own political base. For Qatar’s women, the change from traditional roles as homemakers to career women has happened in a few years, notes Dr. Ghalia al-Thani, vice chair of Qatar’s National Committee for Human Rights. “I almost worried it was too fast.” She says Sheikha Mozha “has been an absolute inspiration for both men and women to become agents of change.”
In part, it’s because the fortysomething consort has refused to limit her work by gender, as many elite women reformers do in the conservative Gulf region. “I don’t like to frame [the Qatar Foundation’s] issues as women’s issues,” she says, wearing black slacks and pearls, her red-streaked hair uncovered in the privacy of her pale-blond-wood study. “Why are we dividing our country in terms of men and women?” That’s a pertinent question, but a risky one in a region where life is organized around the notion of two communities, divided by gender. Argues Sheikha Mozha: “If you want to solve problems in this region, you have to solve the problems of all Arabs.” Indeed, she thinks the vogue for feminism in Arab countries was “a big mistake,” since it was, like so many “isms” imported from the West, a foreign model blindly applied to Arab culture. The vogue in the 1970s and ’80s for women to abandon their own Arab and Muslim values in favor of miniskirts and an unquestioning embrace of Western trends left many feeling culturally adrift.
Though outspoken and opinionated, Sheikha Mozha delicately sidesteps commenting on American actions in Iraq. “I do not think democracy can be enforced from the outside,” she says diplomatically. Maybe not from outside, but certainly from above. She supports her husband’s decision to grant elections and a constitution to his politically quiescent nation. The emir, she says, “is clever enough to anticipate the needs of his people.” His most famous reform—the establishment of the groundbreaking Al-Jazeera network—is proof. “Arab leaders always say, ’[Democracy] should come gradually’,” she notes. “But Al-Jazeera opened our eyes. Our people are ready for democracy. Listen to their comments, their arguments, their debates on Al-Jazeera! Who can judge they are not ready?” After an hour with Sheikha Mozha, even the staunchest dictator might start seeing things her way.

i think what she's done is actually working, not something glamorous, not something that's been photographed a thousand times and seems to shout "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT HOW GOOD I AM!"...but something real that actually benefits people...

also, i have to admire her and her husband's willingness to support Al-Jazeera...unlike other middle eastern countries which greatly limit the press, qatar has allowed Al-Jazeera unprecendented freedoms...

It makes me so happy to see such a positive female role model and it gets even better that she is Muslim. It shows the world Islam has never held back women it's always been culture. She shows you can be a good muslim and be progressive. It's so refreshing. The samething goes for sheikha mayassa and sheikha hind.

Sheikha Mozah

Infact it is very true that western people really do not know anything about muslims and this is really sad.Only people who have traveled around and they have had to do with muslims can really understand the great differences between good muslims and dangerous ones , exactly like the good christians and those who are dangerous.
I have the great privilege to have dear muslim friends in UAE , Oman , Brunei and I only can say that I have my very best friends from there and very little number of real friends in my own country in Italy .
The great quality of Emir of Qatar is the fact that he has given a unique opportunity to a unique woman who is so inteòligent and so rational and who will without any doubt promote the real good Islam to the whole world.I am really confident about this.
Blackmagic (I'm everywhere!!:) )

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have a lot of muslim friends (and I am still alive!),but I think that prejudices and misunderstanding exist in every group of people-it largely depends on the level of education and wheter you are willing to understand a different point of view if you get along or not.There are tensions between West/Orient,Muslim/Catholic/Jews, people from different countries or with different skin colour-this is very sad,but there are always challenges and difficulties to create/maintain an environment where many individuals with different believes and habits can live together peacefully...the Qatar RF seems to be quite progressive and open-minded which is good because they are an example for a lot of people and hopefully many will also try to understand other cultures or see Arabs that get a picture on the front page for acchieving something positive like the World Cup bid...

The world cup bid is a unique tool for Qatar to promote all the positive initiatives of HH Sheikh Hamad and Sheikha Mozah and all the peaceful people of that country . In that occasion maybe what you wrote could become true and maybe people of different cultures and religions could come together and they could try to know eachother better with a clean spirit and in a loyal and friendly contest .
I am sure that one day both HH Sheikh Hamad and HH Sheikha Mozah will achieve the Nobel for peace , I am very confident about this matter , they really spend huge fortunes for humanity's positive potentiality and I beleive that no one else like them at the moment is doing what they do .

I believe the same,a big sport event is always a good chance to promote your country, celebrate together and watch the athletic competitions...I just hope there won´t be too many vuvuzuelas,they make so much noise!
Sheikh Hamad and Sheikha Mozah would definitely deserve a Nobel Peace Price,at least much much more than Obama...!But I think it´s better to give the price to human rights activists who need the money and press attention more than politicians.I was happy that this year three women got it,especially Tawakkol Karman from Yemen :flowers:

I also am glad that women win the Nobel prize , I beleive world could be a better place if more women could get involved in international policy .
Hwever , I beleive that if hopefuly one day Sheikh Hamad and Sheikha Mozah will win a Nobel for peace ( I completely agree with you about the fact that they deserve it much more than Obama) , they will themselves give the cash amount of the prize to some of their many humanitarian activities or to another independent humanitarian organization .

Another very good royal person (or former royal) is the former wife of HM the Sultan of Brunei , former HRH pg Mariam Binti Abdul Aziz . She is also a modern , highly cultured and very generous person with great ideas to promote and to grow her country , she has lovely children (Azim , Mateen ,Azemah and Fadzila) and I am very confident that they will become important key people in Brunei , yet they are so down to earth and sincere people .
Cheers. :flowers:

In my reply I wrote "policy" ! , sorry about that I wantd to say politics!!.

"WISE is based on the practical awareness that the challenges in education are no longer bound by countries’ political boundaries and, therefore, its mandate is international. WISE recognises that the challenges facing the world community have never been greater - that we need innovative solutions not achieved by traditional approaches alone. WISE asserts that the desire to innovate is, in fact, an innate human need to shape and improve our environment." Her Highness Sheikha Moza bint Nasser, Chairperson of Qatar Foundation.

WISE - World Innovation Summit for Education

HH Sheikha Moza Announces Initiative to Support UNESCO's Core Education Programmes
Paris, November 11 (QNA) - HH Sheikha Moza bint Nasser, UNESCO s Special Envoy for Basic and Higher Education has pledged to increase her support to UNESCO s core education activities as a direct response to the financial difficulties faced by the Organization.
Her Highness is particularly concerned that the decision of some Member States to withhold contributions will have serious and adverse consequences on UNESCO s core programs and mark setbacks for sustainable development and peace, at a time when international cooperation is critical for achieving quality universal education, a statement posted on the UNESCO website said.

Director-General Irina Bokova expressed her gratitude to Her Highness for her positive and timely support to UNESCO.

QNA | Politics | HH Sheikha Moza Announces Initiative to Support UNESCO's Core Education Programmes

Last edited:
HH Sheikha Mozah

World needs at least a thousend Sheikha Mozah to achieve peace and prosperity , but there is only one and she is doing the job of one thousend like her .
Blackmagic

HH Sheikha Mozah? speach

Thanks very much indeed for your note .
I really liked the video .
Hope HH Sheikha Mozah will reach all her goals .
Cheers.
Blackmagic

Qatar. Encuentro con la titular de la Fundación para la Educación, Sheikha Mozah. Medio Oriente - YouTube
Video of Sheikha Mozah and Christina Fernández from Argentina in English

Women in the Middle East: A Contemporary Assessment - YouTube
Sheikha Mozah speech on the status of women in the middle east,her part starts around 9:10!

Doha, November 19 (QNA) - Qatar Foundation's Second Annual Research Forum will open on Sunday, bringing together an anticipated 1,500 research experts, renowned scientists and young scientists from around the world to exchange knowledge and build partnerships for the advancement of research globally.

HH Sheikha Moza Bint Nasser, Chairperson of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development, said in a welcome speech that scientific innovation in the State of Qatar will flourish as the country proceeds towards an economy based on knowledge.
HH Sheikha Moza bint Nasser is expected to participate in the Forum.

QNA | Politics | Qatar's Need for Scientific Innovation Will Flourish:HH Sheikha Moza

Last edited:
Businesswomen’s group begins assessment for award

Qatari Businesswomen Association has announced the launch of the assessment phase within the activities of Qatar businesswomen award 2011T.he Qatar Businesswomen Award was launched in December 2007 under the patronage of Her Highness Sheikha Moza bint Nasser and will identify and pay tribute to Qatari women who contribute to Qatar Society and economy through their significant professional and entrepreneurial achievements.
Gulf Times ? Qatar?s top-selling English daily newspaper - Qatar

Last edited:
Doha, November 20 (QNA) - HH Chairperson of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development Sheikha Moza bint Nasser patronized this evening the opening ceremony of the Second Qatar Foundation Annual Research Forum at Qatar National Convention Center.

QNA | News | Sheikha Moza Patronizes Opening of Qatar Foundation Annual Research Forum

Photos:
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom