Sheikh Hamad and Sheikha Mozah Current Events 1: January 2012 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sheikha mozah is great woman and I hope that she will buy the palace of "sidi bousaid"

British Prime Minister David Cameron (R) greets the Emir of Qatar Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani (L) at 10 Downing Street in central London on January 22, 2013.
AFP PHOTO / CARL COURT from ANP

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

Congratulations to Sheikha Moza,it is a huge honour to receive such a Doctorate!She could probably cover a whole wall with all of her Honorary Degrees.

Qatar's emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani recieves military honours before a
meeting with Peruvian President Ollanta Humala at the government palace in Lima on February 14, 2013.
AFP PHOTO/ERNESTO BENAVIDES

ANP gallery

The Emir of Qatar Hamad Bin Khalifa Al-Thani (L), his wife Sheikha Mozah Bint Nasser Al Missned (C) and Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan (R) attend the 5th Global Forum - UN Alliance of Civilizations on February 27, 2013 in Vienna. According to the organizers, the meeting running from February 27 to 28 brings together decision-makers, experts, and a variety of stakeholders in the field of intercultural and interreligious dialogue from all over the world
http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/844/newscomafplivefour96721.jpg

Great to see her again!I hope the talks will be informative & good decisions are made.I didn´t know that they were in Vienna but they came at the right time-the sun is shining bright today and the snow is melting very quickly.

Here´s the official page,it also has a picture of Hamad b. Khalifa with the male delegation-so Sheikha Moza is not in that picture:) There will be speakers from all corners of the world,but none of the Qatar royals will have speeches today,only at the end someone from Al Jazeera is talking.I´m sure it won´t be boring!
http://www.vienna5unaoc.org/vienna-forum/welcome-messages/

Last edited:
Qatar's First Lady Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser al-Missned attends a session of the United Nations Human Rights Council on March 1, 2013 in Geneva. AF
http://i49.tinypic.com/5fru3k.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/67nqtl.jpg

Sheikha Moza in talks on UNHCR education projects
HH Sheikha Moza bint Nasser yesterday visited the headquarters of the UN High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) in Geneva to discuss progress in the education projects that UNHCR is running with the support of her ‘Educate A Child’ initiative.

Last edited:
She looks really great and very professional,she is a hard-working lady!
I have read that Sheikha Moza is also involved in making sure that education in crisis areas and poor countries like Palestine is not forgotten,does anyone know if she/her foundation has any schools in Palestine/Occupied regions in Israel?

Moza lays stress on right to education
Speaking at the Human Rights Council High-Level Panel at the UN headquarters in Geneva which was also attended by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, Sheikha Moza said the UN chief has the challenge of seeking global agreement on a vision for a sustainable future, noting that the scale of this task is immense, but so is the scale of the problems that still plague the world today.

Emir of Qatar Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani buys up Greek islands in the Echinades group
Article

SDC gala dinner raises QR7.8mn from auction
...HH the Emir and HH Sheikha Moza, who attended the event, also inaugurated the Al Khor office of the SDC by pressing a button. Ministers, senior government officials and other public figures were among those present. The Brazilian-themed gala dinner was aimed to raise funds for the SDC’s entrepreneurial programmes.

The emir seems to have lost a lot of weight. Is he on a diet or was he sick?

@ trish79nl:
I think that he feels comfortable with his weight,at least he hasn´t been seen doing anything (sport!) against it and AFAIK he is not on a diet,if he is sick I am sure they won´t let the public know about it.(It might invite some ppl to try to overthrow the Emir-as you might know that happens very often in Arabic countries,the Emir himself overthrew his own father when he was in Switzerland-it was a bloodless coup.)
Personally I believe that it is in his genes + he doesn´t care about his weight, if you look at Tamim & Joan they also seem to have inherited more Hamad-genes than Mozah´s...because if you look at Sheikha Hind,Mohammed and Jassim,they are coming more after their mother in appearance.

I think it was just the photo that made the Emir look thin. In that particular photo, Mosa looks thinner than she is.

I agree with you,KittyAtlanta,it may be that the picture was stretched,no reason to worry!To me he looks healthy and as usual,pictures can be very deceiving sometimes.
Also,I believe that a little bit of exercise and looking after his body and health would not do him any harm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom