Ruling Family of Qatar: Al Thani Dynasty, News and Current Events 1: 2005-2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:ermm::ermm: I am slightly shocked to learn that Sheikha Mozah is the second wife. I thought she is the first one. Such an interesting situation ...

Sheikha Hanadi bint Nasser Al-Thani is a very beautiful and accomplished lady.:flowers::flowers:

His first and third wives are both his first cousins, the first is Sheikha Mariam and third is Sheikha Noura.

Thank you!

It has been kind of you to provide additional information. I always thought the first wife, who is Crown Prince's mother, is regarded as the first lady of the country. It seems that I am mistaken.

there r 3 first ladies she is the only public figure coz the first and third are more reserved and prefer not to be in the public eye

hello,
i have a question about the primeminister of qatar. i know, he is married at twice, how many children have he?
the crown prince of qatar, have he a daughter????
i'v found a pic with a lovely an cuty girl.

Damascus, Syria -- French President Nicolas Sarkozy on Thursday passed a letter from Noam Shalit, the father of captured Israel Defense Forces soldier Gilad Shalit, to Syrian President Bashar Assad, officials from Sarkozy's office said. The officials, who were speaking anonymously in accordance with presidential policy, said the letter from Noam Shalit is to be handed over to the emir of Qatar, who is to pass it to Khaled Meshal, the Damascus-based leader of the Palestinian militant group Hamas. Gilad Shalit has been held captive by Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip for two years.
French daily Le Monde reported Thursday that the French president would like Assad to lean on Meshal to forward the letter to the Hamas leadership in the Gaza Strip, so that it can deliver the letter to Gilad Shalit. Sarkozy landed in Damascus on Wednesday to take part in a multilateral summit with heads of state from Turkey and Qatar.
Last month, Noam Shalit met with French officials, and asked for Sarkozy's help in winning his son's release. Shalit asked that Sarkozy discuss his son with Assad. The Shalit family expects Sarkozy to address the matter during his visit to Syria, since Gilad is a French citizen, and Assad shelters Hamas' political leadership in Damascus, led by Khaled Meshal. "Assad undoubtedly holds sway over the members of the Hamas political bureau, and can help advance the stuck negotiations," said members of the campaign to free Shalit.
The prime minister of Turkey, the president of France and the emir of Qatar are set to meet Thursday in Damascus with Assad, in a step that symbolizes an increase in Syria's power in the region and the end of the isolation that has been imposed on it.
Speaking at a press conference on the arrival of Sarkozy in Damascus on Wednesday, Assad denied that Syria was promoting a "new regional axis." However he stressed that all the participants in the summit were leading countries: France being the current president of the European Union, Syria as current chair of the Arab Summit, and Qatar as current chairman of the Gulf Cooperation Council.

Hamercaz.com - News & Information for the Observant Jewish Community

she looks gorgeous in this caftan,and her name is Hind i thiught is Mayssa??well i guess i am wrong.

A handout picture released by the Emir of Qatar's Office shows British Prime Minister Gordon Brown (L) talking with Emir of Qatar Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani (2-L) during their meeting also attended by Qatari Prime Minister Sheikh Hamad bin Jassem bin Jabr al-Thani (2-R) and Sheikha Hand bint Hamad al-Thani (R), the Emir's daughter, in Doha on Novemer 2, 2008. Brown said today that he believed Gulf states would step in to extend the IMF's capacity to bail out nations hit by worldwide economic chaos. AFP PHOTO/HO/EMIR OF QATARS OFFICE via ANP

Picture

Sheikha Al-Mayassa (L), daughter of Qatar's Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, attends the opening ceremony of the new Museum of Islamic Arts in Doha on November 22, 2008. The museum aims to show that Islam is a religion of "tolerance" and not "terrorism", guests were told at the ceremony today. Built on an artificial island 60 metres (yards) from the Doha Corniche, the museum houses 800 artistic and historical treasures from three continents, illustrating Islamic culture from the seventh to the 19th centuries. AFP PHOTO/KARIM JAAFAR via ANP

Picture ** Picture 2 ** Picture 3

How old are the other children of Sheikha Mozah and Sheikh Hamad?

Prince Andrew visits Qatar

Prince Andrew as Special Representative for International Trade and
Investment is in the State of Qatar at the moment:

Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani (R) and Britain's Prince
Andrew, the Duke of York (2nd L), applaud during the inauguration
ceremony of the Qatargas 2 plant in the northern Ras Laffan industrial
zone on April 6, 2009. The Qatargas 2 project provides a production
capacity of 15 million tonnes of liquefied natural gas per year.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited by a moderator:
They began their visit Tuesday to Bulgaria. The Bulgarian president has a few photos from the arrival on his website already. None from the banquet, though the Qatar news agency does have one.

President of Republic of Bulgaria

Qatari emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani and his wife Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al-Missned review the Bulgarian honour guard during a welcoming ceremony in Sofia on April 14, 2009. Sheikh Hamad began a two-day visit to Bulgaria as part of a European tour which will also take him to Portugal and Croatia.

I haven't really understood, who is the Sheik's wives? I realize that Mouza is the favourite, who is the Crown prince currently? Which wife is he a son of?

Sheikha Mozah is his favourite wife & she is the first lady of Qatar.
Crown Prince is Sheikh Tamim. He is the son of Sheikha Mozah.

Sheikha Mozah is his favourite wife & she is the first lady of Qatar.
Crown Prince is Sheikh Tamim. He is the son of Sheikha Mozah.
So why was she photographed with the emir on the former crown princes wedding? I think favourite or not, it goes against the natrual order of things if the crown prince is chosen by how much his parents get along. In monarchies or principilities, the first born son is the crown prince, Why not just elect the next emir?

So why was she photographed with the emir on the former crown princes wedding? I think favourite or not, it goes against the natrual order of things if the crown prince is chosen by how much his parents get along. In monarchies or principilities, the first born son is the crown prince, Why not just elect the next emir?

Gulf culture is very conservative. Because of this culture we can't see women in public but ,Sheikha Mozah is in the public. Emir's some daughters are in public,too. I don't know the reason.

The first born child (Sheikh Jassem) didn't want to be Crown Prince. Because of that Sheikh Tamim is the Crown Prince.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom