Ruling Family of Qatar: Al Thani Dynasty, News and Current Events 1: 2005-2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
French president Nicolas Sarkozy (L) welcomes Sheikh Hamad Ben Khalifa Al-Thani, the emir of Qatar, 30 May 2007, prior to a meeting and a lunch at the Elysee Palace in Paris. The Gulf state of Qatar signed 30 May an order for 80 Airbus A350 aircraft worth 16 billion dollars (12 billion euros).

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Hereditary Mapmaker said:
Thanks for the postings, Brown Samra. The woman in these two photos...is this his wife or one of his sisters? Thanks for any info.

Mapper

Nope not his wife, it is one of his siteres if am not mistaken Al Mayassa. If am wrong do correct me.

:)

Yep... I have seen it too...

Riportati a terra dalla polizia
Business class mista. E i reali bloccano il volo
Rissa a Linate: l'emiro del Qatar protesta perché tre donne della sua famiglia sono costrette a sedere accanto a sconosciuti.

STRUMENTI
VERSIONE STAMPABILE

function apriInviaPagina() { var miourl=window.location.href; var miourl_s=miourl.split("&"); var loc=""; for (i in miourl_s) loc+=miourl_s+"!*"; loc=loc.substr(0,loc.length-2) tit = document.title prop = "menubar=no,status=no,titlebar=no,toolbar=no,width=450,height=450,scrollbars=yes" window.open("/cf/tellafriend/form.cfm?rr="+loc+"&tit="+tit, "InviaPagina", prop); } I PIU' LETTI

INVIA QUESTO ARTICOLO

MILANO — Non tanto per la donna in sé: per dire, nel 2003, in Qatar debuttò la prima ministra d'un Paese del Golfo. È, piuttosto, per la (propria) donna con (altri) uomini nei paraggi. E se in certi posti, per esempio un aereo, e nel caso il British Airways delle 15.55 per Londra, la vicinanza è strutturale, e ci sono soltanto file di due poltrone attaccate, e non esiste il posto singolo, amen: si blocca l'aereo.

Business class mista. E i reali bloccano il volo - Corriere della Sera

[FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL,] They need to file a civil claim against him for the costs of all the passenegers that had to be re-accomodated.

He needs to be banned by BA from flying with them.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL,]If the women were ill or required to sit along side their children say, I think you would have found the other passengers more than helpful, but to move from perhaps your selected seat just to comply with somebody's religious requirement no way. This man was testing the water to see if he could get away with having more seats than he paid for.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL,][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

It's more of BA's fault for not just setting the rules right away and not tolerating any behavior that violates the rules.

Qatar royalty cause three-hour hold up on BA flight by refusing to sit next to male passengers

A BA plane was held up for three hours by three Qatar princesses

A Qatar sheikh held up a British Airways flight at Milan's Linate airport for nearly three hours after discovering three of his female relatives had been seated next to men they did not know.

When none of the other business class passengers agreed to swap seats, the sheikh, a member of Qatar's ruling family, went to the pilot, who had already started the engine, to complain, an airport official said.
A mediation attempt was made but as the sheikh and his travelling companions - the three women, two men, a cook and a servant - refused to sit down, the pilot ordered them off the plane for safety reasons.
Qatar royalty cause three-hour hold up on BA flight by refusing to sit next to male passengers | the Daily Mail

But the solution was so simple and easy- just rent the aeroplane only for them.....

Some pictures of Sheikh Jassim (emir son and ex apparent heir)

Salam. Maybe I miss this but may I enquire about why is Sheikh Jassim an ex Crown Prince?

Between Sheikh Jassim and Sheikh Tamim, who is the eldest?

Thanks for any answer. Shukran jazilan.

Sh.Ali

Sh.Ali bin Abdullah (my great great grandfather) may he rest in peace :D
He was the ruler of Qatar years ago...did lots of amazing things for Qatar.
I'll research it and let you know.Just thought i'd share the pic :flowers:

Attachments

• n509471082_23472_5231.jpg
    n509471082_23472_5231.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 427
Emir due in NY today to take part in UN meet - article

Qatar's Emir, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani, addresses the 62nd session of the United Nations General Assembly at the UN in New York 25 September 2007 (TIMOTHY A. CLARY/AFP/Getty Images)
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3

AMIR OF QATAR RECEIVES CALL FROM ERITREAN PRESIDENT - article
QATARI AMIR RECEIVES MESSAGE FROM MOROCCAN MONARCH - article

EMIR RECEIVES LEBANESE PM - article & picture

Last edited by a moderator:
Emir outlines vision for sustainable development
Web posted at: 10/8/2007 4:3:31
Source ::: The Peninsula DOHA • The Emir, H H Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, has outlined his vision for the progress and development of the country in The Report: Emerging Qatar 2007, launched by the Oxford Business Group (OBG). In the publication, the Emir says: “Our reforms have paid great attention to the development of our social system according to a vision that make our religious and national values compatible with the spirit of the age and its requirements...”
Full article here

Salam. Maybe I miss this but may I enquire about why is Sheikh Jassim an ex Crown Prince?

Between Sheikh Jassim and Sheikh Tamim, who is the eldest?

Thanks for any answer. Shukran jazilan.

Sheikh Jassim is elder but he is not the eldest of all sons, he was crown prince but the official statement was that he no longer wanted to be the ruler of Qatar.

EID PRAYER - article & picture
Emir sends greeting cable to Spanish king - article

Rights of disabled on Lakom programme
Published: Wednesday, 17 October, 2007
IN THE upcoming episode of the Lakom Al Karar programme, HE Sheikha Hissa bint Khalifa al-Thani, the Special Rapporteur of the UN Commission for social development on disability, will - article

Business class mista. E i reali bloccano il volo - Corriere della Sera
[FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL,]They need to file a civil claim against him for the costs of all the passenegers that had to be re-accomodated.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva]He needs to be banned by BA from flying with them.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL,]If the women were ill or required to sit along side their children say, I think you would have found the other passengers more than helpful, but to move from perhaps your selected seat just to comply with somebody's religious requirement no way. This man was testing the water to see if he could get away with having more seats than he paid for. [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
Dude I dont think so, so what if someone did something helpful for another? regardless of the reason, i mean they had every right to refuse but it wasnt wrong of him to ask, yes what he did was wrong on every level but dont you think you are blowing it out of proportion? yes he overreacted but come on sue him!
he could have booked seats that were next to eachother...

Princes and Princesses of Qatar

hi!
i was wondering if there are any lists with all the royal family of qatar. since arab families are sometimes reserved (and some members do not go public), i thought this might be the case of qatar. are there any lists with princes and princesses of qatar? how many are there?

Last edited:
Is there any photos of the first and third wives of Emir?

Qatar Emir Sheik Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani, his daughter, his wife Mozah Bint Nasser Al Missned, Milan Mayor Letizia Moratti, Greek President Karolos Papoulias, Austrian President Heinz Fischer and his wife Margit, Italian President Giorgio Napolitano and his wife Clio, in Milan, Italy, Friday, Dec. 7, 2007. La Scala`s opera house traditional Dec. 7 season opening puts Italy`s financial and fashion capital in the international spotlight, with foreign heads of state in regular attendance.

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/5145/7999017polfototypeparchav0.jpg

Qatar Sheikh Hamad al Thani and Mozah bint Nasser al Missned arrive at the Teatro Alla Scala for the new theatre season, 07 December 2007, in Milan, Italy. Milan's La Scala opera house launches its 2007-2008 season with Richard Wagner's 'Tristan und Isolde' with Argentinian born pianist and conductor Daniel Barenboim picking up the baton as main guest conductor.

Sheikh Hamad -- Group picture -- Sheikha Mozah -- Sheikha Mozah 2
anp pictures

hi!
i was wondering if there are any lists with all the royal family of qatar. since arab families are sometimes reserved (and some members do not go public), i thought this might be the case of qatar. are there any lists with princes and princesses of qatar? how many are there?

Try the geneology, there are hundreds of al-thani members i dont know exactly...i can try to find out.

http://www.ameinfo.com/images/news/6/40136-amwal.jpg

Sheikha Hanadi bint Nasser Al-Thani one of Qatars most successful women in business and economy.
AMWAL managing director Sheikha Hanadi bint Nasser bin Khalid al-Thani feature in ArabianBusiness.com’s list of 100 most powerful personalities in the Arab world in 2007.
Sheikha Hanadi, who was voted Young Global leader by the World Economic Forum, is at the helm of Qatar’s leading investment banking, asset management and financial planning company Amwal.
89 Sheikha Hanadi Bint Nasser Bin Khaled Al Thani
Managing Director, Amwal
Qatar
(New Entry)
Starting her career as a lecturing assistant in the economics of Qatar university, Sheikha Hanadi is at the helm of Qatar's leading investment banking, asset management and financial planning company. In 1998, she founded Qatar Ladies Investment Company (the now rebranded Amwal), the first investment company to receive a licence from the Qatar Central Bank to conduct investment banking, asset management and financial planning in Qatar.

Sheikha Hanadi is also CEO of the Al Waab City Real Estate development project; a development on an area of more than 1.2 million sq m's that integrates a variety of housing types, small and large scale retail, offices, health facilities, a culture center and a world class hotel.

She is also deputy CEO of Nasser Bin Khaled Al Thani & Sons Group, a privately-owned Qatari general trading and contracting company. The company was established in 1956 and today employs 1300 people.

A fervent supporter of community activities, she serves as a trustee on the board of the Arab Women's International Forum and the College of Business and Economics at Qatar University.

She was named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum in 2005 and voted as personality of the year by Arrayah, Qatar's leading newspaper, for her vision and contribution to the economy. Sheikha Hanadi was also named Woman CEO of the Year by the Middle East CEO Awards Institute in 2006, for her significant contribution in developing Qatar's economic and social presence in the Arab world. Leveraging on her experience, she conducted and published several research papers on macro-economic issues in the GCC.

Sheikha Hanadi holds a Masters degree in economics from the University of London, and a Bachelor degree from Qatar University.

Well Done Woman =D

No, just his second wife Sheikha Mozah:)
:ermm::ermm: I am slightly shocked to learn that Sheikha Mozah is the second wife. I thought she is the first one. Such an interesting situation ...

Sheikha Hanadi bint Nasser Al-Thani is a very beautiful and accomplished lady.:flowers::flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom