Ruling Family of Qatar: Al Thani Dynasty, News and Current Events 1: 2005-2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caption:
Paris, FRANCE: French President Jacques Chirac (R) and his wife Bernardette (2ndR) welcome Qatar's Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifah Al-Thani and his wife, 27 March 2006 at the Elysee Palace in Paris. AFP PHOTO PATRICK KOVARIK

(Photo credit should read PATRICK KOVARIK/AFP/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 57190007.jpg
    57190007.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 424
  • 57189989.jpg
    57189989.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 344
Sheikh Jassem bin Hamad gets married

Source ::: The Peninsula/QNA
1emir.jpg

The Emir H H Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, H H Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned and H H Sheikh Jassem bin Hamad Al Thani on Thursday.

The Emir H H Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani on Thursday attended the marriage contract ceremony of his son H H Sheikh Jassem bin Hamad Al Thani, the Personal Representative of the Emir, at the Wajbah Palace...

http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/Display_news.asp?section=Local_News&month=April2006&file=Local_News2006040131417.xml

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• pic3_3.jpg
    pic3_3.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 437
  • pic1_1.jpg
    pic1_1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 687
  • 5454545.jpg
    5454545.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 437
  • 78676.jpg
    78676.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 324
  • 67657.jpg
    67657.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 419
  • 4343.jpg
    4343.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 395
I think it's Jaa-sim, with a long 'aa' sound. A native Arabic speaker can probably confirm or deny this, though. :) Many congratulations to Sheikh Jassim and his bride, by the way!

Saba said:
I have never known the Emir to speak badly about women. His wife Sheikha Mozah has been involved in women's issues for a very long time and has represented him many times where she was the only female in the delegation. His daughters have gone to university for higher education abroad and he talks lovingly of his mother. His position about an active role for women in Qatar society is without question strongly in their favor.

If an allegation to the contrary was for the purpose of spreading misinformation it will serve as an opportunity to dispel the myth.

Saba is correct. Emir Hamad was defending women's issues before it was "in" to do so. Emir Hamad has always been known as being more moderate and liberal in regards to women's issues in his country. Originally, many believed that he was moving too progressively in regards to women's issues because many were not yet comfortable with the move. He is respectful of the women in his life and encourages his daughters to be active in the polictical atmosphere. He is known as a family man, and good with the women in his life. I have heard him referred to as a "gentle giant".
Sheikha Mouzah -with Emir Hamad's backing- has not only supported women's issues and created a wonderful educational foundation for women, but she has also changed the atmosphere in Qatar. Women now make up 70% of Qatari universities. This would be unheard of without Emir Hamad's assistance and backing.

Jaffal Rashed (R) of Al-Sadd club receives the trophy from Qatar's Crown Prince Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani at Al-Sadd Stadium after the final match of the Crown Prince Cup soccer tournament against Qatar club in Doha April 22, 2006. Al-Sadd won 2-1

from newscom

Attachments

• rtrlive321677.jpg
    rtrlive321677.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 818
Qatar's Crown Prince Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani
Tamim, From Gettyimages

Attachments

• 57400957.jpg
    57400957.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 279
  • 57401000.jpg
    57401000.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 602
  • 57400720.jpg
    57400720.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 696
  • 57400717.jpg
    57400717.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 745
Qatar's Crown Prince Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani delivers the inaugural speech of the 10th International Energy Forum in Doha, 23 ApriL 2006. The forum, going on until Tuesday, had kicked off unofficially a day earlier with meetings between some of the world's largest producers and the chief executive officers of several oil giants

from getty

Attachments

• 57404209.jpg
    57404209.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 428
H.H. The Amir and HH Shaikha Mozah Bint Nasser Al-Missned, Consort of HH The Amir, at the opening of the 6th Doha Forum on Democracy, Development and Free Trade.

Pictures from http://www.diwan.gov.qa

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,412
  • 3456.jpg
    3456.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 567
  • 567.jpg
    567.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,743
Emir of Qatar, Sheik Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, center, reviews a guard of honour while accompanied by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, left, during a welcoming ceremony in Tehran, Iran, Monday, May 1, 2006.

from polfoto

Attachments

• AP774883_guest.jpg
    AP774883_guest.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 931
  • AP774896_guest.jpg
    AP774896_guest.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 464
  • AP774939_guest.jpg
    AP774939_guest.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 362
  • AP775087_guest.jpg
    AP775087_guest.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 399
  • AP775094_guest.jpg
    AP775094_guest.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 392
I don't understand anything about the sheikh's in the middele east.

Why could we see sheikha mouza and could'nt see sheikha bouthayna and sheikha jawahir?
Is the mother in law more intersting than the daugther's in law or vice versa???

same case of sheikha Hind and Princess Haya...
So many contradictions in the middele east world about women.

I don't get it.

There is an old arab proverb that basically states that a man will "keep his most treasured jewels at home". This is not the exact wording of the proverb, but you kind of get the point. Basically, this means that you keep your most treasured females protected at home- away form others' eyes. It is traditional to "protect" the sheikhas and -in saudi- princesses away from media attention and cameras. This is done out of respect for the females, and out of respect for the families.
The Emir of Qatar has chosen - along with Mouzah- to be modern and to allow his wife media attention. Emir Hamad has always been pretty liberal leaving some Qataris turned off and others in awe of his progressive attitudes.
Sheikha Jawhire will probably not be seen publically until she has given birth to all of her children and is Tamim's "favored". Tamim has a long career ahead of him and probably will have a few more wives. Some may never see Sheikha Jawhire. He may eventually marry again and have another "favored" that he would rather be seen as Qatar's "First Lady". No one knows what kind of decisions Tamim will make in the future...
As for Sheikha Hind. She choses to be traditional. She does great works, but does not want -nor need- to have her face in public. I know very little about the Dubai royals, but I know that she is highly respectable and holds her Islam morals in high regard. We will possibly never see a photo of her...

When the wife of the sheikh is favored than she will be a "media wife" and the sheikh is considered as a modern sheikh. But when the sheikha is not favored than she will be considered as "treasured jewels" and the sheikh is considered as a moslim man.

COME ON please . What is this??? What kind of logic is this??? Í don't blame you at all because this is not your fault. But I'm sick of this logic and about the contradictions about women in the middele east . :mad:

Hello,

I have a quetion about sheikh jassim. Is it me or does he gain en lose weight a lot, or are that old and new pics.
And does anyone knwo why jassim is no longer the crownprince??

Joumana said:
When the wife of the sheikh is favored than she will be a "media wife" and the sheikh is considered as a modern sheikh. But when the sheikha is not favored than she will be considered as "treasured jewels" and the sheikh is considered as a moslim man.

COME ON please . What is this??? What kind of logic is this??? Í don't blame you at all because this is not your fault. But I'm sick of this logic and about the contradictions about women in the middele east . :mad:

Basically, for each muslim woman, it is a personal choice. There are muslim women living in america who choose to go out without their husbands only when necessary. Then there are other muslims who live very public lives. I cannot say that my logic as a more liberal muslim has any more validity than the logic of a more traditional muslim. Each woman's decision concerns herself, her husband and God - I cannot say which choice is the "correct" one.

trish79nl said:
Hello,

I have a quetion about sheikh jassim. Is it me or does he gain en lose weight a lot, or are that old and new pics.
And does anyone knwo why jassim is no longer the crownprince??

Jassim lost a lot of weight shortly before, during and after his abdication. some speculation was that diabetes was the cause (as diabetes runs in the family and can cause drastic weight loss/gain). Now that he is married, he seems to be doing a lot better. Although he is still very thin, he seems to be holding a steady weight.
There are many abdication theories as to why he abdicated. No one is 100% certain what caused the abdication. Shortly after the abdication, Sheikh Jassim's office sent out a plea to arab and qatari forums who were debating the abdication. He basically asked for everyone to respect the family and let it be.

Goodness, look how small the Iranian President looks next to the Emir!:D

President of Venezuela visits Qatar

from terra

Last edited:
UNITED NATIONS, UNITED NATIONS: Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf (L) speaks with Qatari Crown Prince Sheikh Tamin bin Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani at a luncheon during the United Nations General Assembly 19 September 2006 at UN headquarters in New York

from getty

Crown Prince Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani (L) and his brother, Sheikh Joaan Bin Hamad Al Thani, appear on stage after the lighting of the flame for the 15th Asian Games Torch Relay at the Doha Golf Club 08 October 2006. The ceremony starts the longest relay in the history of the Games, travelling 50,000 kilometers (31,000 miles) to 15 countries and regions in 55 days and returning to Doha for the opening ceremony of the 15th Asian Games.

from getty

Sheikh Mohammed Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani-Prince of Qatar

Hi evrybody...dis is my 1st post and also thread...:ROFLMAO: ...'m happy to be here...i dedicated dis thread 4 HE Sheikh Mohammed Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani the Qatar Emir's Son @ Prince...I saw him first at Doha Asian Games 2006 Opening Ceremony...he rode on his arabian horse thru 45 degree stairway for the torch ceremony as captain of the Qatar national endurance team, he came out from under the field on a horse, received the torch and rode up steep slope to the top of the tribune before lighting the cauldron...what a great show...there's not much we can find bout him on the net...though i thought he's a very low-profile person...there's only one place i found that provide more info bout him..that is(JewelsofArabiaRoyalsofArabWorld)...its a forum...erm hope to know more bout him...ok...ilal liqa':lol:

Sheikh Tamim and HE Shaikha Jawaher Bint Hamad Bin Suheim Al Thani, at the Out Reach Asia Gala Dinner. November 4, 2006
http://www.diwan.gov.qa/english/heir_apparent/images/activities/GalaDinner/GalaDinner2.htm

Jawaher at a Fashion show for Asian Games from Al Rayah (She is in the middle)
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b207/desertrosemrk/2_202204_1_209.jpg

Joan, Tamin, Jawaher, Al Mayyassa with Tamin and Jawahers daughter on lap (From Al Rayah)
Photo 1: http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/61/68539436.jpg
Photo 2: http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/61/2_200427_1_209.jpg

From profimedia.cz 10/02/07 : Sheikh Hamed al Thani

Former Middle East rally champions Mohammed Ben Sulayem of the UAE (R) and Sheikh Hamed al-Thani of Qatar talk in the VIP enclosure at the opening of the Hail Saudi Baja rally, an official candidate event for the 2008 FIA International Cup for Bajas. Six UAE crews and drivers from Qatar and Italy will take part in two desert legs over the weekend.

photo

I'm not really familliar with the arab men and multiple wives, but is there competition between the children from the different wives? do they all get a long or do they only interact with their full blood brothers and sisters?

trish79nl said:
I'm not really familliar with the arab men and multiple wives, but is there competition between the children from the different wives? do they all get a long or do they only interact with their full blood brothers and sisters?

No, all of the children interact, but I am not sure about the wives. As far as competition is concerned, I couldn't tell you. I think it would be different among each royal house. But mostly, the wives live in different palaces/villas so there is no interference btw the wives. An arab man with multiple wives had to keep his households in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom