William, Catherine and Family: Annual Holiday to Mustique (2012-2015, 2018-2019)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
William, Kate and Kate's parents have now returned to the UK ... on Tuesday.

Here is the floor plan, meals menus, twelve photos, video, and other details of the property they stayed in ... built in 2016 by William's friend.

https://www.mustique-island.com/villa/antilles/

Last edited:
Oh wow. Thanks for the link.

William, Kate and Kate's parents have now returned to the UK ... on Tuesday.

Here is the floor plan, meals menus, twelve photos, video, and other details of the property they stayed in ... built in 2016 by William's friend.

https://www.mustique-island.com/villa/antilles/

If I had the money or the connections I'd stay there every summer holiday. Beautiful, and look at that view.

Must be nice.

What does the rest of the island look like. Are there nice hikingtracks? Historical sights to visit? Etc.

What does the rest of the island look like. Are there nice hikingtracks? Historical sights to visit? Etc.

I wanted to know the same so did a quick Google search on the island and found out that apart from a few residential villages (the island has a total population of 500 out of holiday season, and 1,000+ in holiday season) for the islanders most other parts of Mustique were virtually uninhabited until the 1950s, when it was bought by the Hon. Colin Tennant and his family. It seems that there are mostly beaches on the island in terms of tourist attractions, but visitors can do lots of sea based activities such as scuba diving, sailing etc. There are, however, hiking and horse riding activities available for lucky guests as well as a spa and golf club.

Some more info:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustique
https://www.mustique-island.com/activities/

Well, I would consider it for a vacay ?

It looks quite peaceful. What did me in were the nighttime views in the video. All that and a butler, chef, housekeeper and gardener on site---and THREE small children is the best of the unreal and the precious realities of parenthood.

:previous:
I probably wouldn't.

Not really a beachy person, and resorts bore me.
My idea of a nice vacation is a city with plenty of theatres, museums, historical sites, etc.

But to each his own. ;)

Mustique looks lovely & the main attractions for them are probably the weather & the privacy. They have servants at home & beaches near Anmer but it can be quite bracing up there & much harder to avoid cameras.

I suspect the complete privacy is the biggest draw, the gorgeous beaches and warm Caribbean waters are probably the icing on the cake.

yes, i also think privacy is the main reason they keep coming back again and again. even with it being secluded, some papps manage to get pictures of them out in the sea, but lately we haven't seen that many - imagine if they went to a more accessible destination! it was obvious after what happened in france some years ago that they needed a secluded holiday destination and have found the one.

I read another article which stated that George found the bunkbeds in the children's room somewhat of a novelty and liked them more than the servants and other services he'd be used to at home. No matter their background, kids all seem to like the same things!

yes, i also think privacy is the main reason they keep coming back again and again. even with it being secluded, some papps manage to get pictures of them out in the sea, but lately we haven't seen that many - imagine if they went to a more accessible destination! it was obvious after what happened in france some years ago that they needed a secluded holiday destination and have found the one.

Very true.
When the Middletons vacationed at Eden Rock, there were loads of pictures in the papers.

Yes, I like to see/do more during a holiday than 'just' lay on a beautiful beach, hence my question about historical sights. But the privacy would certainly appeal to me too if I were in their situation.
Not surprised that the children love the bunkbeds. It was the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the picture. All children love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom