William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well across the pond, some of us are looking forward to a wedding. Although I am not anti Kate I must confess feelings of blah. She neither moves me in a positive or negative direction.

Hoping that she proves us all wrong and she is a worthy asset to the Firm.

Well across the pond, some of us are looking forward to a wedding. Although I am not anti Kate I must confess feelings of blah. She neither moves me in a positive or negative direction.

Hoping that she proves us all wrong and she is a worthy asset to the Firm.

I tend to agree with you. I personally have been suffering from a bout of tabloid trash fatgue, especially in relation to possible announcements, Christmas at Sandringham or not, meetings at Balmoral with HM etc.

I have always held the view that I just do not know much about Kate, either as an individual, or about what she does with her time. As a result, I do not (and I believe the public at large is not) entitled to comment on whether she will be an asset to the BRF or not, or if she is a doormat, or if she is workshy.

I tend to agree with you. I personally have been suffering from a bout of tabloid trash fatgue, especially in relation to possible announcements, Christmas at Sandringham or not, meetings at Balmoral with HM etc.

I have always held the view that I just do not know much about Kate, either as an individual, or about what she does with her time. As a result, I do not (and I believe the public at large is not) entitled to comment on whether she will be an asset to the BRF or not, or if she is a doormat, or if she is workshy.

If after being with William for all this time and we still don't know much about her, one thing we can say though is that she's the epitome of discretion and that in itself is a plus for being a member of the BRF.

I'm looking forward to a wedding, any wedding to be honest.

I'm looking forward to a wedding, any wedding to be honest.

I really am too. I spent the day glued to my monitor watching Victoria and Daniel's wedding and I don't even follow the SRF at all. :D

They are celebrating the end of 9 years together and the start of their 10th at least according to this link posted yesterday Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Prince William's wedding promise for Kate Middleton which in all other respects is saying much the same thing.

Kate and William, both 28, this week began their tenth year together after meeting as students at St Andrews University in Scotland.
and
Kate does not want to be still waiting around on their tenth anniversary next October.

As he didn't start at St Andrews until 2001 it can't be 10 years since they met this year.

I suspect that today's report has picked up on yesterday's but missed the nuance of the language of 'began their tenth year together' and took it to mean have been together for 10 years rather than 9.

The first predictions of an engagement started about six years ago (I remember that timing because when the announcement came about the engagement of Charles and Camilla's engagement the morning headlines were 'royal engegement' and I immediately thought it was William and Kate but no...)

Thanks for clearing that up for me Bertie... still seems like the years have flown by so fast ....funny way of wording it though IMO...

Only the 10th year? It seems much longer to me. A wedding is nice but a good marriage is much much better.

They've spent 9 years together not 10. :)

I didn´t say 10 years I said 10th year as was explained further up the thread.
It is like the centuries, the 20th century was 1900 and so on.
It still seems much longer than that to me. :whistling:

That article is very very trashy

But most importantly of all, Katie seems to have absolutely no idea of how to behave as a girlfriend of the second in line for the British throne should. The main rule is that you stay out of the picture, as much as possible, and not behave like a X-Factor contestant who suddenly became famous and craves all the publicity in the world. (I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Ms Middleton has an album adorned with all the newspaper clippings and photos of her)"

Well seeing as nobody has seen her in about 3 months and not a lot before that either. So she is staying out the picture.
Kate is always the one who gets criticised, like William is immune from doing wrong. :bang:

I bet it was the Queen who had instructed her advisors to get Prince William as far from London, and from his girlfriend, as possible and that’s why, I reckon, he was sent to Wales to fly his rescue sea helicopters there. Katie though didn’t hesitate to follow, even though there are no clubs there and the snappers don’t really fancy hanging out in the rain for a chance to get a glimpse of the couple. So the trick didn’t really work. Not yet at least.

This writer has absolutely no clue about the royal family, he complains that she is in the limelight too much, and when she goes to live with William she is criticised again. :bang:

Katie doesn’t really excite the rest of the family all that much

That is the point of the royal wife, she stays quiet and does her duty.

Normally I am only interested in jewelry related things - and not much about jewelry (e.g. engagement ring ;)) here to see.
So I am out of my field now - saying - that this whole story is simply boring - sorry to say.
All those years of speculation - people are finally not interested anymore if they will become engaged or not.
Full stop.

I would be very happy if it's true because I don't like her at all,but unfortunatelly....no ! :ermm::bang:

Although I am not anti Kate I must confess feelings of blah. She neither moves me in a positive or negative direction.

I believe this is exactly how Brits feel about her - they are bored to death and dont care. I doubt this feeling will change in case they get married, IMO they have overdone the waiting game and exhausted the public opinion. The mags of course will pour out the sugar because they need to make up for the long lost cash cow since Diana tragically bowed out.

I think the worst that could happen to a monarchy is that people dont care anymore, the first step towards abolishment. It could be a fatal combination together with the sentiments that a King Charles will have to face anyway once he is in charge.

I would be very happy if it's true because I don't like her at all,but unfortunatelly....no ! :ermm::bang:

Wait, wasn't she supposed to be casting around for charitable works and would increase her visibility this Fall? As I recall, that seemed to be a pretty reliable piece of info a few months back? I guess we'll have to wait & see (as usual) what happens there...:ermm:

She probably knows that most people does not like her so she try to get a better public image ! Diana was charitable too but the World loves her,like I love her too.
Waity Kate is only interested in money and fame how most people notice.So bad William does not see it and notice it.......or he is confused because he still wonder if she is the right.I think too that he loves her because he is almost 10 years with her,but she enjoys being with paparazzi and does not care for him at all.
I wonder sometimes what Diana would think about Kate?

I Diana were here she would have guided Kate

She probably knows that most people does not like her so she try to get a better public image ! Diana was charitable too but the World loves her,like I love her too.
Waity Kate is only interested in money and fame how most people notice.So bad William does not see it and notice it.......or he is confused because he still wonder if she is the right.I think too that he loves her because he is almost 10 years with her,but she enjoys being with paparazzi and does not care for him at all.
I wonder sometimes what Diana would think about Kate?

Where is your evidence that Kate 'is only interested in money and fame'?

I would say the exact opposite - she hasn't gone seeking money but has the good fortune to have parents who have made a lot of money. She hasn't gone lookiing for fame - the exact opposite - she has kept a low profile for most of the last nine years of her relationship with William.

She doesn't seek out the paparrazzi but actually takes legal action against them if they invade her personal life - hardly one who 'enjoys being with the paparazzi' - again the opposite in fact - she stopped going out to work to avoid them - further evidence that she is not one who is enjoying the attention of the paparazzi.

They have been together for 9 years, which says to me that they care very deeply for each other but I do think that William should be making an honest woman of her now.

Kate seems to me to be a level headed girl who knows what she wants and has a man who feels the same way. Whether they end up together onlt time will tell but at the moment they seem a perfect couple - no great charisma, which is a good thing in my opinion.

The Royal Mint has made preparations to begin production of a commemorative coin to celebrate the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton, fuelling speculation that they are poised to announce their engagement.
The Mail on Sunday has been told that a plaster mould of the special coin has been made, the first step in the manufacturing process.
The project is so secret that staff at the Royal Mint’s plant at Llantrisant have been banned from talking about the coin, but insiders have confirmed that the initial design work has been done.

Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding: What does the royal mint know that we don't? | Mail Online

Enough already...perhaps people might get interested IF (IF, IF,IF), they actually ever become engaged..

It might be true, it might not be true. It is becoming so boring, when the affair seems to be becoming forgotten the newspapers have to sell copies so it is a case of "here we go again".

well, i think this is it...i think the mint does know something we don't:)

what about the cousin of prince Charles who claims they are engaged already and will marry in july 2011? is that believable? its in the timeline given in the daily mail article

I read somewhere that they were split up again and it's because of Camilla.
The article is from this year,any other opinions? It's strange to me....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom