William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they will marry, no doubt

Sorry, I only took a semster of Spanish are they saying that Kate is involved with Guillermo? Who is that? This is getting more and more ridiculous. If they don't have anything substantial to say it looks like they are just making it up as they go along.

In this life there are good people and people without scruples, Londoners and especially the English are not fooled by speculation of magazines that just want to be seen, or sell more paper.

I believe they will marry, no doubt.

I have doubts that they split. Its only online celeb blogs that are saying it and now its spreading to mainstream media. Plus, those blogs are only quoting tabloid articles about Wills and Kate cheating, which was entirely made up.

But if they did split, they shouldn't get back together or else they would both look really foolish.

ETA:
Now, they're denying it.

http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/839140-prince-william-and-kate-middleton-deny-split

Last edited:
But if they did split, they shouldn't get back together or else they would both look really foolish.

Why?
I could understand them looking foolish if, they broke up, didn't see anyone else, then got back together? But foolish in general?

How many times do they have to break up and get back together again? To me, either one could appear to be afraid to be alone, or unable to get the other out of his or her system.

How many times do they have to break up and get back together again? To me, either one could appear to be afraid to be alone, or unable to get the other out of his or her system.

So far they have officially broken up once, couples have broken up more times than that after a 8 year relationship.

So far they have officially broken up once, couples have broken up more times than that after a 8 year relationship.

My husband and I have been together for 20 years, we have never broken up once. Maybe we are very lucky in our choice of partners, or just plain boring!!!

will they or wont they :sleeping: god, do people still care? i dont see any excitement about this couple anymore. either way, kate's image is so worn out, waity katy finally getting her ring without leaving much choice for william. if he dumps her people will think that he is a$$**** who kept her waiting for years only to keep her to keep looking around, if he marries her people will think that she would even have waited barefoot on mount everest in order to get that ring, maximum social climbing.

no matter the outcome, i dont see any boost for the monarchy coming from these two, rather a lose/lose situation at this point.

People obviously care, posters have gone through 103 pages since the start of this year and those pages will go up and up until there is an answer to your question "Will They Won't They", and if they do, posters will then go on to talk about the engagement, the wedding, children, williams coronation etc. The same goes if the relationship with Kate ends and he gets with someone else.

Some people will perhaps think William treated Kate badly, but Kate can walk away if she's thinks she has waited too long.

I want William to finish with Kate, find someone else and marry this girl within two years, because to me that will show that no matter how his ruined parents marriage did affect him, he is 100% sure about this girl and wants make her his wife.

I have doubts that they split. Its only online celeb blogs that are saying it and now its spreading to mainstream media. Plus, those blogs are only quoting tabloid articles about Wills and Kate cheating, which was entirely made up.

Newspapers are recycling stories, and blogs are picking up on the stories at various times, making it look like there's a constant stream of "they're breaking up" stories going on. No reputable press organizations that I can think of have even touched this. More hullabaloo -- and now the US tabs have discovered that William/Kate stories sell copies, so the volume's increasing.

I wouldn't give any of this a second look. When there was a break up in 2007, it was widely reported by all media outlets, not just blogs and tabloids. If they ever break up again, I'd expect the same to be true.

:whistling::whistling:

One of the drivel magazines down under this week is reporting that according Paul Burrell (yes I know, William's favourite confidante and trusted staff member:ROFLMAO:) Kate is expected to have the first child before she is 30 so she needs to get engaged, married and pregnant within less than 18 months from now.

Of course the married in the winter, wedding next summer stories have been trotted out now every year for at least the last 6 years - yes folks the same prediction for 6 years now. William and Kate must be laughing over their pizzas at this.

To me they have a definite plan which includes knowing when they will be announcing their engagement and having their wedding and I don't think it will be next year but after William finishes in the Air Force in 2013 or even later (there was a report I remember seeing some time ago that he might extend his commitment to 2017 if he could).

Ah, Ella Kay. Nice to see a post from the lady I think of as The Voice of Reason in all things Kate and William.:flowers:

I wouldn't give any of this a second look. When there was a break up in 2007, it was widely reported by all media outlets, not just blogs and tabloids. If they ever break up again, I'd expect the same to be true.

I know a couple of couples who break up and get back together. Some couples thrive off the drama. I don't believe that to be the case for William and Kate.

As previoulsy stated, if William and Kate break up it will be picked up the maintstream media (which it appears to have done) thus causing BP or CH to issue a denial.

I really don't understand how if Wililam and Kate break up after dating so many years William is going to look like the bad boy. For one, its making a BIG assumption that William will be the one to break up with Kate, She will never leave him. Second, we are also making an assumption that they are only together so long because they seemed to have some sort of schedule they agreed to regarding an engagement and date. Cause thats the only reason Kate is sticking by. Thirdly, if they do date for 8 or 10 years and then break up because William wants to...so what? He didn't make her stay with him so long.

I know many couples who get married because they have been together so long and it seemed like the next step. Only to divorce fairly quickly because it wasn't right.

I rather he do it right the first time. If he has any doubts, then he shouldnt' marry her. And she him.

And I hate to say it (because at this point I just want a British royal wedding) but I think we will get to 200 pages before we get to announcement from these two.

And I hate to say it (because at this point I just want a British royal wedding) but I think we will get to 200 pages before we get to announcement from these two.

I think at this point we will make it to a new Thread Part before we get an announcement from these two ...........:ermm:

You know what Lady Ann....I didn't want to admit that but I have been thinking about it as well

I was also wishing that William was in an Greece yesterday, where a very lovely Theodora of Greece was watching her brother get married. But that is a topic for another day and another thread.

My husband and I have been together for 20 years, we have never broken up once. Maybe we are very lucky in our choice of partners, or just plain boring!!!
OK, I just saw a gossip rag in the grocery store saying they broke up again. Geez, will somebody please get the story straight once and for all? Every week either the wedding bells are ringing or they have separated for good. I'm getting dizzy here!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ah, Ella Kay. Nice to see a post from the lady I think of as The Voice of Reason in all things Kate and William.:flowers:

LOL -- not a bad title to have! :flowers:

Seriously, I think the fact that these two aren't getting a move on is just frustrating a press/internet that really, really, really wants a story out of them, because they sell papers/drive web traffic. Hence all this ridiculousness.

When there's something to announce (whatever way it goes), they'll tell us. I can pretty much guarantee that an outlet like "Showbiz Spy" or the like won't have the scoop!

LOL -- not a bad title to have! :flowers:

Seriously, I think the fact that these two aren't getting a move on is just frustrating a press/internet that really, really, really wants a story out of them, because they sell papers/drive web traffic. Hence all this ridiculousness.

When there's something to announce (whatever way it goes), they'll tell us. I can pretty much guarantee that an outlet like "Showbiz Spy" or the like won't have the scoop!

Exactly - we will see an annoucement from BP or CH with possibly some media outlets in the know of an annoucement of some sort to be there to report it straight away but not something called 'Showbiz Spy'. Maybe The Times, the BBC, SkyNews and The Telegraph or even some of the leading less serious papers e.g. the DM and the Express but nothing more - and serious journalists at that.

I was also wishing that William was in an Greece yesterday, where a very lovely Theodora of Greece was watching her brother get married. another day and

Hear hear to that. A beautiful girl and very very suitable.
By the way did you get the answer to Guillermo? The Spanish like to change some famous people´s names into Spanish so Guillermo is William. They also insist on calling the Queen Isabel II. :whistling:

I want William to finish with Kate, find someone else and marry this girl within two years, because to me that will show that no matter how his ruined parents marriage did affect him, he is 100% sure about this girl and wants make her his wife.

Once again we agree that is exactly what I want for William, and I think it would be better for Kate too, although I am sure she wouldn´t see it quite that way.

In this life there are good people and people without scruples, Londoners and especially the English are not fooled by speculation of magazines that just want to be seen, or sell more paper.

I believe they will marry, no doubt.

Congratulations Girasol, your English seems to be getting better by the post, nothing like living in a country to progress in a language.

You know what Lady Ann....I didn't want to admit that but I have been thinking about it as well

I was also wishing that William was in an Greece yesterday, where a very lovely Theodora of Greece was watching her brother get married. But that is a topic for another day and another thread.

Ok, we should talk about some other very lovely ladies as well..

Yeah, it's obvious the media is making up anything at this point to put Kate and William on their covers, because they know people will read an article if it's about Kate and William, no matter what made-up drivel it is. Every so often I get asked by friends (who know I'm interested in the BRF) if Prince William is about to get married because they saw such-and-such a headline. So there's a lot of people out there who will fall for whatever headline the press makes up about Kate and William, regardless of whether it even makes any sense.

And it seems people really, really want a royal wedding. The media has chosen to focus almost exclusively on William and Kate for this goal, which makes sense because he is the future king, but it's also rather nice for Harry and Beatrice because it means they get to stay out of the marriage speculation, despite having a longterm girlfriend/boyfriend as well.

And it seems people really, really want a royal wedding. The media has chosen to focus almost exclusively on William and Kate for this goal, which makes sense because he is the future king, but it's also rather nice for Harry and Beatrice because it means they get to stay out of the marriage speculation, despite having a longterm girlfriend/boyfriend as well.

It would make sense to me also that this perhaps is a ploy to "push" William into doing something. Perhaps they figure the more outrageous smut they can publish on these two will eventually have William and Kate say "enough is enough.. its time to put a stop to all the nonsense" and give the people and the press what they're really after.... a royal wedding.

I agree with you Osipi. I don't think William would cheat openly or blantantly. I don't perceive him to be a womanizer, and by enlarge, the Windsors were not especially womanizers. The Duke of Windsor with Wallis and even his father, with Camilla, were very loyal to the ones they truly loved.

Whatever the truth of this latest story I do think that 2012 is DEFINITELY OUT because of all the other Royal Events going on with the 2012 Jubilee and I am sure the Olympic Committee would be rather angry if an August Wedding took the limelight of the August Olympics.

I do think if he does want to marry her the dates are either 2011 or wait it out even longer for 2013 (unless William is superstitious unlucky 13).

I certainly don't see this going into 2014.

So:

2011 ... Very Possible
2012 ... Extremely Unlikely
2013 ... Possible
2014 .... Extremely Unlikely.

I suppose Clarence House could always deny this August story if it takes off and gets out of hand. Let's see what Clarence House do? Westminister Abbey Officials have NOT denied this conversation took place which is interesting.

Kate has been very patient while William arms himself with military quals. What does she do to fill her time? Kate must really love this guy to put her life on hold for him for so long and there seems no end in sight.
icon9.gif

After a while, all this speculation and on again, off again possible marriage would become very old. Either one of two things will happen. They either will not marry or they will. I think Kate is holding on to the belief or hoping that a marriage takes place. Otherwise I don't think she will still be with him. However, patience can run thin after years and years. She must either be very much in love with him or a very patient person because 8 years is a long time. Usually by that time some type of decision is made. Usually the couple either goes their separate ways or they marry.

After a while, all this speculation and on again, off again possible marriage would become very old. Either one of two things will happen. They either will not marry or they will. I think Kate is holding on to the belief or hoping that a marriage takes place. Otherwise I don't think she will still be with him. However, patience can run thin after years and years. She must either be very much in love with him or a very patient person because 8 years is a long time. Usually by that time some type of decision is made. Usually the couple either goes their separate ways or they marry.

Of course some type of decision has probably been made - they just haven't told us.

I do believe that they will marry and that they have planned their lives and the timing of their marriage to suit themselves rather than to suit the press and the public clamour.

The very fact that they are still together tells me that they have made a decision to get married and the only question is when:

2011 is possible but it would mean Kate being expected to virtually start being a full-time royal before William takes on that role - the public simply wouldn't accept her being married and doing nothing while William continues with his military career.

2012 - is less likely due to the Jubilee and the Olympics

2013 - is possible assuming William does actually finish his military career then - this has the advantage of them launching full-time careers as wavers and hospital openers together rather than have one already working and the other having to catch up

2014 - is even more likely to me - allowing William to have a year as a full-time royal before introducing his bride by his side.

However, if William decides to extend his service career who knows.

I still wouldn't be surprised if in 10 years time we are still discussing William's love life (and I wouldn't be surprised if Kate was still in the picture).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom