William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the past few days there have been posts concerning Kate Middleton quite a bit.. Was she or was she not in Africa? Did she spend William's birthday with him? What is Kate doing? Is Kate living with William in Wales or isn't she? Are the papers reporting the truth or making up stuff again?

To me it just all boils down to the fact that both William and Kate are very private people and if there's something they don't want everyone to know, they're going to go out of their way to ensure the public doesn't know. Can we blame them? William grew up with every little thing his mother did being splashed on front pages everywhere.. from the good she did to the not so good. It was these same newspaper journalists and a slew of photographers that figured widely to the crash in Paris which ended her life. He most certainly does not want or need this type of publicity in his life. Kate understands this and with keeping a low profile I think she is showing a lot of respect not only for William but the BRF also. William wants to lead as much as a "normal" life as he can right now and that's a good thing. His days of royal duties will come soon enough and he'll have to be in the public eye. I seriously think right now though both of them want to remain very much out of sight and print as far a their private lives are concerned.

This leaves us with journalists and photographers that have been presented with a challenge. To get the scoop.
As they're not really getting much of anything to write about, they're going to gloss over any little tidbit they can find and add their point of view be it positive or negative.

This I think is one reason we rarely see BP or CH affirming or denying things that are printed. To do so would just egg them on to write more and more suppositions on something they "think" is going on. For example the worldwide news break that an announcement of an engagement was imminent as there were dates cleared on the duty rosters. As we know now.. that never happened.. oooops! false alarm! :ohmy: With this in mind, anything I read about their private lives I take with a grain of salt.

I thought it very convenient that soon after Kate Middleton was criticized for not working or getting a job it was announced that she was working for her family business and there was even a photo of her in a pretty dress and high heels actually carrying a box out the door. My opinion is that it was to counterract the accusation of not working and just waiting around that a job was found for her within the family email online business, perhaps now that she has left they have been left shorthanded, it is my opinion and as I said before there is no way to back up an opinion or a gut feeling.

If that was the case, how come these pictures are not conveniently made available on a regular basis to counter the negative press from the tabloids? Surely somebody as media-savvy as the Middletons (as often suggested in the press) would be able to arrange that?

Over the past few days there have been posts concerning Kate Middleton quite a bit.. Was she or was she not in Africa? Did she spend William's birthday with him? What is Kate doing? Is Kate living with William in Wales or isn't she? Are the papers reporting the truth or making up stuff again?

To me it just all boils down to the fact that both William and Kate are very private people and if there's something they don't want everyone to know, they're going to go out of their way to ensure the public doesn't know. Can we blame them? William grew up with every little thing his mother did being splashed on front pages everywhere.. from the good she did to the not so good. It was these same newspaper journalists and a slew of photographers that figured widely to the crash in Paris which ended her life. He most certainly does not want or need this type of publicity in his life. Kate understands this and with keeping a low profile I think she is showing a lot of respect not only for William but the BRF also. William wants to lead as much as a "normal" life as he can right now and that's a good thing. His days of royal duties will come soon enough and he'll have to be in the public eye. I seriously think right now though both of them want to remain very much out of sight and print as far a their private lives are concerned.

This leaves us with journalists and photographers that have been presented with a challenge. To get the scoop.
As they're not really getting much of anything to write about, they're going to gloss over any little tidbit they can find and add their point of view be it positive or negative.

This I think is one reason we rarely see BP or CH affirming or denying things that are printed. To do so would just egg them on to write more and more suppositions on something they "think" is going on. For example the worldwide news break that an announcement of an engagement was imminent as there were dates cleared on the duty rosters. As we know now.. that never happened.. oooops! false alarm! :ohmy: With this in mind, anything I read about their private lives I take with a grain of salt.

Fully agree with you, Osipi!

As to Point de Vue being read in Maidenhead, it all depends on one´s education, if one speaks French it is the best magazine to buy. also that is an opinion perhaps others prefer "Femme d´aujourd´huis". I rather like Figaro and Paris Match but for royal and society events Point de Vue is the magazine, and as I have a subscription it is sent to my door.

I really must revise my views on the cultural goings on in and around the Slough area!

I agree completely Osipi about William, one day he will have far too much attention for his liking for sure and now he is enjoying himself with a girlfriend and would like to be left alone.
In answer to why more pictures aren´t given out of Kate working her fingers to the bone for her family´s business is perhaps IMHO she isn´t, or that the one photograph and the appearance in the staff photo op that we saw, was judged to be quite enough to calm speculation.
She is keeping a low profile lately and I for one, think that is a very good idea. If she does end up married to William it is good, and if she is later left for a later model that is good too.
One thing is true though, it is William who is the royal and he will always be, and to many people he can do no wrong.

One thing is true though, it is William who is the royal and he will always be, and to many people he can do no wrong.

William also learned from the best... his granny. I think the Queen has been Will's beloved mentor and he is quite close to her such as Charles was close with the Queen Mum. While he was at Eton he'd often walk across the bridge over to Windsor Castle for Sunday afternoon tea with her. As much as the Queen's private life is just that.. private, its from her that William gained the sense of duty and also discretion. The last thing I think he'd ever want to do is disappoint Granny or his father. This too is where I think Kate keeping a low profile and out of the public mainstream is preparing her for royal life if and when she does marry William.

William also learned from the best... his granny. I think the Queen has been Will's beloved mentor and he is quite close to her such as Charles was close with the Queen Mum. While he was at Eton he'd often walk across the bridge over to Windsor Castle for Sunday afternoon tea with her. As much as the Queen's private life is just that.. private, its from her that William gained the sense of duty and also discretion. The last thing I think he'd ever want to do is disappoint Granny or his father. This too is where I think Kate keeping a low profile and out of the public mainstream is preparing her for royal life if and when she does marry William.

I hope that is true that William sees HM as his mentor. Whilst it is difficult to know about royal relationships within the family and it would be lovely if william;s relationship with HM was akinto Charles' with QEQM, I somehow doubt that the bond is as close. Charles was practically brought up by QEQM as HM was new in her role as monarch at the time, whereas William had a strong mother figure in Diana till he was 15.

I really must revise my views on the cultural goings on in and around the Slough area!
There is also a library there and they carry many, many periodicals as well as the 16 internet access terminals. Ain't technology GRAND???

lumutqueen said:
But she could have flown to Africa after the trip had ended. Which is what was being discussed.
I doubt that she did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if they do get married, I wonder if the marriage will work. I mean look at what happened Sarah Ferguson and so many other royals. Charles and Diana. I hope he does find that one person who will love him and just make him happy. His life and what he witnessed with his parents mustn't have been easy. I think he'll choose someone who will have the ability to just fall in line with him and who will have the stamina to keep up with William and the capability to take on the royal duties. Hope they do work out.

You can't compare Williams possible marriage to his fathers or his uncles.
William isn't going to marry until he is ready for those exact reasons, he wants to find the one.

William also reportedly idolizes and is very close to Prince Phillip, which is interesting considering that Philip is famously not that close with his own sons.

In any case I am relieved to know about William's love and respect for his grand-parents...it's a good sign. :flowers:

In any case I am relieved to know about William's love and respect for his grand-parents...it's a good sign. :flowers:

Along with the grandparents, he is also very close with his dad and Harry. I had mentioned somewhere on these forums that perhaps Charles wasn't that much of a "hands on" dad. After reading Katie Nicholl's book, I have to retract that as Charles was very much involved with the boys.

This little tidbit in the book really made me laugh though. I'm sure the story got around which is how Katie got wind of it. One Christmas HM received a cell phone I believe it was. Not overly savvy yet at how it worked and all, she put Harry to the job of recording an appropriate answering message. Will and Harry decided to have a little fun. First person to call that cell number (I forget who it was but I believe it was Janvrin) got the message:
"Yo wassup! This is Liz. I'm away from the throne at the moment. For a hotline to Philip press 1, for Charles press 2, for the Corgis press 3." Harry recorded it while William was snickering in the background. :ROFLMAO:

Just like any other family, they enjoy each other and play practical jokes... I think its very heartwarming.

The book "William and Harry" is a good read I think as long as you realize that Katie did take "poetic license" in a lot of areas but she did name the sources she was given permission to.

...I wonder if the marriage will work. I mean look at what happened Sarah Ferguson and so many other royals. Charles and Diana.
A major reason for the failure of Charles and Diana was that they didn't really know each other before the wedding as they simply didn't spend enough time together. Had they had a courtship of a year or more with the public being aware of the relationship I doubt they would have married at all.

Since the failure of Anne's, Charles' and Andrew's marriages Edward dated Sophie for years and that marriage appears successful and happy after more than 10 years. Even the Queen dated Philip for longer than Charles and Diana.

I also. The Middletons' business seems to be one in which the owners are actively involved in the day-to-day running of the business and aren't employing managers to take care of it.:flowers:

Personally I prefer to make up my mind based on personal experience of family firms rather than the trash put forth by the press.

This little tidbit in the book really made me laugh though. I'm sure the story got around which is how Katie got wind of it. One Christmas HM received a cell phone I believe it was. Not overly savvy yet at how it worked and all, she put Harry to the job of recording an appropriate answering message. Will and Harry decided to have a little fun. First person to call that cell number (I forget who it was but I believe it was Janvrin) got the message:
"Yo wassup! This is Liz. I'm away from the throne at the moment. For a hotline to Philip press 1, for Charles press 2, for the Corgis press 3." Harry recorded it while William was snickering in the background. :ROFLMAO:

Ahahahaha! :ROFLMAO: :clap:

I would have loved to see the look on HM's face when she heard about the joke.

There is also a library there and they carry many, many periodicals as well as the 16 internet access terminals. Ain't technology GRAND???

Of course, the library in Slough is well known!

I can not blame Prince William for waiting to marry. He must be sick of those that constantly pressure him for a wedding date. But then, that is a bit part of his duty and responsibility as the future Prince of Wales.

kate doesn't have a job anymore, to be clear

Last edited:
from various newspaper reports that state she left her job to live in Wales with William. Plus her name is off their website.

Didn't they take her name and information off, after that picture incident?
And i don't believe the newspaper for definete.

I am sorry, I am just calling it as I see it. He has been with this young lady going on six or seven years, and has broken up with her twice.

That hardly sounds like a guy who is head over heels. I am not saying he doesn't care deeply for her...I am convinced he does.

But I also think he takes her very much for granted, because she is always..

AVAILABLE.

Being a ladies man doesn't mean the guy runs around with a bunch of ladies.
It just means he likes women.

The thing about Will is that he can't really run around right now. Kate is convenient, meaning she is there. I doubt he's want to start the whole dating process over again.

Seven years, and only broken up twice? That sounds like a guy in love to me. Also, twice? Last time I checked it was only once?

How do you know she is always available? You don't know that when they weren't living together, he would ring her up on a weekend asking to go clubbing, and she would say no?
Where do you get this thought that she is at his becken call?

M23, I agree with you
If William is head over heels for Kate I would start think that Chelsy is THE soul mate of Harry, one thing which definitely I think she is not

Well I think Kate is unfortunately the one for William and Chelsy is the fortunate one for Harry.

I think that Chelsy is "the one" for Harry and IMO William thinks that Kate is "The One" for him. If that's what you mean?

If you are talking "The One" mean "True Love"(?????). Yes, that's what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom