William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if he wants to be king - the defender of the faith, the head of the CoE, well shacking up with his long term girlfriend isn't good form. It would be better form for them to marry. Call me old fashioned but it is such a conflict of interest and complete variance to what he is supposed to represent.

Well if he wants to be king - the defender of the faith, the head of the CoE, well shacking up with his long term girlfriend isn't good form. It would be better form for them to marry. Call me old fashioned but it is such a conflict of interest and complete variance to what he is supposed to represent.

What I kind of forsee happening is that before William is ever crowned King, his father Charles will have adapted "defender of the faith" to "defender of faith". Its been remarked on several occasions that perhaps this is something Charles may wish to do.

As far as Will and Kate sharing living quarters in Wales, I think now will be the only time that they will perhaps enjoy a "normal" private life...grocery shopping and all. Once they commit to each other and to living in the Royal Fishbowl, things will drastically change for both of them.

As far as Will and Kate sharing living quarters in Wales, I think now will be the only time that they will perhaps enjoy a "normal" private life...grocery shopping and all. Once they commit to each other and to living in the Royal Fishbowl, things will drastically change for both of them.

Well said. Does anyone here think Wills hesitates because he doesn't want Kate to end up like his mother? I'm not talking about the way she died, of course. Just the quality of life she lived because of the attention.;) Cause if he really loves her, this must be the only reason that makes sense.

Well said. Does anyone here think Wills hesitates because he doesn't want Kate to end up like his mother? I'm not talking about the way she died, of course. Just the quality of life she lived because of the attention.;) Cause if he really loves her, this must be the only reason that makes sense.

Diana, as well as Sarah Ferguson, didn't realize exactly how much their lives would change, Kate knows all this, we all know it and waiting won't change it because she won't know anything more about it than she does now, nearly a decade older than Diana at the moment of her wedding.

I think that statement is hitting the nail dead on. There must have been so many times as a child he's run into situations with Diana where he'd be thinking "why can't they just leave us alone!". He also witnessed first hand how the royal lifestyle and duties it entails means not only being in the public eye constantly, but also spending a lot of time apart from each other.

This solution of theirs in Wales gives them some breathing space together. When they are both ready to tackle the royal duties and raise a family I think they'll make it official.

what does the CoE have to say about people living together out of wedlock?

Well the CoE tends to have a liberal view on most things, I don't see what the problem would be with them living together.

These days the CofE is more relaxed about all sorts of things (one of the reasons I have left the church actually but that is a personal decision). Unless it is fully public i.e. they are publicly living in the same quarters at BP with children the church won't say anything. However, once there is a child on the way the church would advocate marriage (and in this situation if they won't the child to inherit they will have to be married).

I think it wrong for the store keeper to release store footage and his grocery bill to the press. I wonder was she paid?

Well the CoE tends to have a liberal view on most things, I don't see what the problem would be with them living together.

You got that wrong. Excuse me. They are liberal to an extent, I think mainly for the benefit of people with baggage and habits considering conversion. It's to make it easier for people to find God. However Anglicans are taught to get married, as stated in Genesis. I don't care who's living with who, it's none of my business if they want to do God's will or their own but William is in training to be defender of the faith so it's appropriate to question it. If peeps are correct and Charles changes it, well that's a big call on his hands but then at least they can do as they please and not look like they're in variance.

I did gasp when I saw that article.
CCTV pictures? Even by Daily Mail standards, this is a despicable new low. I bet you they will be ranting about the 'Big Brother' nation tomorrow.

That said, I admit I repressed a chuckle when I read they were in the store for all of 10 mins. Yep, grocery shopping obviously takes an obscene amount of time.

Now that England has been knocked out of the World Cup an engagement announcement might bring some cheer to the English.

Now that England has been knocked out of the World Cup an engagement announcement might bring some cheer to the English.

I think William should have supported either the Rugby or Cricket teams - both of whom have beaten the Aussies in the last two weeks - bad luck about the soccer team but the real sports are doing well.

I think it wrong for the store keeper to release store footage and his grocery bill to the press. I wonder was she paid?

I agree, I just do not think it is right to release CCTV footage like that. That little McColls store can be sure they will not be seeing William again!

Kate is on the cover of The Sunday Times Magazine

-------------
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/Magazine/article324613.ece#prev

Kate Middleton: why is she still the princess in waiting?

She’s done her training, stopped partying and cleared her diary. So how long must Kate Middleton wait in silence for William to propose?

Camilla Long

Published: 27 June 2010

Not much of an ivory tower, Oak Acre. A flash five-bedroom house in a pretty, vacant village just outside Reading, the Middleton mothership — home to Carole, Michael, Pippa, James and Kate — could easily be any other commuter-belt barn, with its pale gravel and a turquoise leisure wing.

-------------------------------

I thought it was a general rule of business that customers' activities aren't blabbed about. To release video footage goes way beyond that. :ermm: Perhaps the store that gabs least about Kate and William shopping there will get more of their business. :)

I agree, I just do not think it is right to release CCTV footage like that. That little McColls store can be sure they will not be seeing William again!

You got that wrong. Excuse me. They are liberal to an extent, I think mainly for the benefit of people with baggage and habits considering conversion. It's to make it easier for people to find God. However Anglicans are taught to get married, as stated in Genesis. I don't care who's living with who, it's none of my business if they want to do God's will or their own but William is in training to be defender of the faith so it's appropriate to question it. If peeps are correct and Charles changes it, well that's a big call on his hands but then at least they can do as they please and not look like they're in variance.

Well then 2 members of the royal family have gone against there faith.
Because both Zara and Mark Phillips have lived with there respective partners.
I don't see why the CoE should have a problem with William living with his possible future wife and at the moment long term girlfriend. She seems to be living with him anyway.

Mods if this text is not allowed then please feel free to delete it all.

I don't see why she would need a calender of events?
Cleared her diary of what, all she does it work, if that. :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Am the only one confused as to the majority of posts in this thread? :ermm:

The article was really interesting, but maybe she should have posted only the link?

Mods if this text is not allowed then please feel free to delete it all.
You've posted the entire article over 5 posts, thereby breaching the copyright law.

The Member FAQs state
If an article is copyrighted, does that mean I can't post even one or two sentences of it without having to get permission?

Under the fair-use provision of the US copyright law, small amounts of articles may be posted for the purpose of discussion without having to obtain permission from the copyright holder. As a rule of thumb, we're allowing no more than 20% of the text of an article (but not photos) to be posted, along with a link to the original. Ideally, only a very small amount of the article should be posted: just enough to give an idea of the topic of the article, which may then be read on the original website. When posting material from copyrighted articles, it's always better to post less than more.

Thats what I was thinking, unless the article was in a newspaper.
Which newspaper was it from, because it's just been deleted.

I believe it was from the Sunday Times. The link has been given in post #1577.

Oh, so if the link had already been posted, why did the member post the entire article?

Oh, so if the link had already been posted, why did the member post the entire article?

One reason why came to mind for me. When I clicked on the link to read the article, it told me I needed to register for a free trial to view it. I rarely sign up for things like that. Perhaps that was one reason why the entire article was posted here... I'm sure the intentions were well meant. Its things like this happening that clarify the rules of TRF for me too... We learn from each others mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom