William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel bad for Carole Middleton- I can't believe the papers would give her such a hard time for wearing Kate's hat. For all we know it could be hers and Kate borrowed it last year!

I never heard of the C.O.W mother or father being at a Christmas dinner with the Queen. I doubt we will see to much of them in the future even if Kate does marry William. Maybe when William is King...

I never heard of the C.O.W mother or father being at a Christmas dinner with the Queen. I doubt we will see to much of them in the future even if Kate does marry William. Maybe when William is King...

No I doubt to be seeing them at any major functions.
Birthdays etc maybe.

Yes, that's true; I hadn't thought of that!:flowers: I find the Daily Mail so negative about so many people. They seem to have a particular "hate" for the Middletons and the Yorks, though.:ermm:

I feel bad for Carole Middleton- I can't believe the papers would give her such a hard time for wearing Kate's hat. For all we know it could be hers and Kate borrowed it last year!

True about the Daly Mail. I used to go over it on regular bases and found the Daily Mail reporters are full of snobbish comments for everything, more then the Royals themselves. Go figure...

What a ludicrous article.

Do they think Kate is some kind of underage simpleton?
If the relationship doesn't suit her, she can leave anytime she wants to without prejudice.
She stays because she wants to. And if the latest rumour about her giving up her 'job' is true, she will have nobody but herself to blame for having 'wasted her youth' if the relationship flounders.

I also don't buy for a second the tale about Carole being bitter about the way her family is treated. What the Middletons have lost in term of privacy has been more than compensated by what they have gained in term of publicity for their businesses, elevated social status and connections. I'm sure they are not crying themselves to sleep over that.

What a ludicrous article.

Do they think Kate is some kind of underage simpleton?
If the relationship doesn't suit her, she can leave anytime she wants to without prejudice.
She stays because she wants to. And if the latest rumour about her giving up her 'job' is true, she will have nobody but herself to blame for having 'wasted her youth' if the relationship flounders.

And if it doesn't flounder it still doesn't look good for her to be jobless. She's an educated young woman with, you would assume, tons of contacts. She's not doing herself any favors by sitting around doing nothing. What does it say about her? That it's OK to loll about and only do the work when she gets the engagement ring and enters the firm?

I also don't buy for a second the tale about Carole being bitter about the way her family is treated. What the Middletons have lost in term of privacy has been more than compensated by what they have gained in term of publicity for their businesses, elevated social status and connections. I'm sure they are not crying themselves to sleep over that.

Quite right. Even if they don't be come the future King's in-laws they'll be a lot better off then they were before Kate got with William.

I think this article in The Mail Online full of BS, and they even don't represent the facts right. Here some bit and pieces of the above article in The Mail Online
"Not only should they have done more to make Kate more welcome, but they should also have learned from the criticism that they have quite rightly attracted down the years for the way they have treated non-royals who married into the family."....to make Kate more welcome on what way? give her an apartment in BP , or the Clarence House. I think she got invited on numerous occasions already to meat the Queen, including her parents. I recently got married and I didn't get invited to my parents in law house as much as she did, and they are not even married.
"And there is another problem: Prince Charles’s selfishness.
It is clear to me that he is increasingly unhappy at the idea of being upstaged by a more attractive generation of younger royals."..
...I think they should all stop bitching about Prince Charles. He has never said anything or done anything or made any comments for being upstaged.
" For his own sake and his girlfriend’s — and the country’s sake — it’s time he faced up to that"
For what sake?Why does William has to marry in this very moment for his country's sake like his country life depends on it?I know, we all want to see " the show" but, why someone should marry just to please the spectators expectations
"In addition, Kate will by that stage be 31 — many years older than most young women would quickly want to start a family".
oh, really? It looks like The Mail Online takes their facts from the past, since almost half of the married couples today are around age 30 and past that.
"Going back to William, he’s arrived at a point in his life when many of his predecessors, crown on head, fought battles and carved their name on the nation’s roll of honor."
- well, does the Mail Online want William to take part of a battle and prove himself worthy...probably so
"Certainly Carole and Michael Middleton, Kate’s long-suffering parents.."
Reading this 1st, I was scared that some of her family was suffering from a deadly illness only The Mail Online knew about lol....I still don't get where the suffering comes from. From her daughter not getting married at certain age? probably not....
"That is not an acceptable way for the royals to treat Kate Middleton — or their future subjects."
_ not acceptable? and what is the acceptable thing? ...according to The Mail Online, they don't know this either

I think there is some truth in that article, mostly about the jealousy of Charles and Camilla. It's been said before, but we all know that once Kate is announced as his fiancee, she will become an overnight sensation worldwide. Youth and beauty are on her side...for now.

Thinking about the two articles from today there might be some truth to some of the articles facts. They magazines are trying to make trouble for the couple. But I think we are overlooking that if Catherine Middleton has moved in with Prince William they will marry in the next few years. Ms. Middleton is only 28 and her biological clock is still a long way from over. Unless they have a major disagreement I see Catherine on her way to becoming Princess. I think all the pieces are fitting together. We know she will do charity work this year and more public roles. I even wonder if maybe she will accompany Prince William? :flowers:

I don't believe that Kate will make the splash that Diana. In some ways, it could be that she'll be more loved and respected OVER THE LONG TERM...especially if she remains faithful to William and is conscientious of her family-and-national responsibilities.

Given that Camilla is supposed to have a soothing way with Prince Charles, I don't think that he would be as jealous over his son and daughter-in-law as he allegedly was over his beautiful young first wife.

I think there is some truth in that article, mostly about the jealousy of Charles and Camilla. It's been said before, but we all know that once Kate is announced as his fiancee, she will become an overnight sensation worldwide. Youth and beauty are on her side...for now.

I can't see in any instance of where either Charles or Camilla.. especially Camilla would be jealous of Kate at all. Camilla, I think is most comfortable at home in the country mucking about in her old Wellingtons and I believe Charles is too rather than the parade of pomp and circumstance and flashbulbs popping in their faces. Once the inevitable happens, both Charles and Camilla are going to be in the world spotlight even more so than they are now.

Mainly I think both Camilla and Charles want for William what every parent on this earth wants.. their child to be happy and settled in their adult lives.

I actually don't buy this at all. Charles and Camilla have very much entered the "retirement age" of life...and to think they would be in any way jealous of a young couple starting off seems ludicrous to me. Its not as if they have a huge profile at the moment even before the big engagement. I can't remember the last time he was featured in any major news articles or events... he seems to have very much retreated into the background, and perhaps thats they way they want it after years in the spotlight. The blessed calm before the storm.... as he may well yet be thrust into the spotlight of becoming King one day. What a prospect for a man in his sixties or perhaps even older when the time comes, if the genetics are anything to go by! If anything, he is probably sitting back and pondering the prospect of what is ahead for William and Kate and thinking....... God help them !! If they only knew what was coming.

I don't believe that Kate will make the splash that Diana. In some ways, it could be that she'll be more loved and respected OVER THE LONG TERM...especially if she remains faithful to William and is conscientious of her family-and-national responsibilities.

When Charles and Diana first got engaged, Diana was at that time pretty much an unknown to the media and there was a flurry to find out just who this "Shy Di" was, who her family is and all that hoopla. With Kate, its been a long term relationship where the press has been having a field day with her and her family for years already.

Even though she does not seem to be quite as unsuitable as Diana was, I do not think William will EVER marry her - she will be the Camilla of the bext generation when he his forced to marry someone "suitable"

Why do you think so, JonasBee? We all already know that William is very indecisive, and anyone else on Kate's place would put up the same wait, if not even more.

Well, Kate just can go if she doesn´t want this condition any more. If she doesn´t it´ll be her own problem if she puts up with the current situation.

We all already know that William is very indecisive, and anyone else on Kate's place would put up the same wait, if not even more.

It is not just anyone who would do it.

Jonasbee said:
Even though she does not seem to be quite as unsuitable as Diana was, I do not think William will EVER marry her - she will be the Camilla of the next generation when he his forced to marry someone "suitable."

There is no comparison to Kate and Camilla in this context. Charles was not in a committed or monogamous relationship with Camilla in the 70s. They only got together as lovers and fell more in love after his marriage to Diana "irretrievably broke down." He dated all kinds of women between Camilla's marriage to APB and his own marriage to Diana. William's situation is completely different. William dated some different women in the university years, but then after xmas2003, or thereabouts, it was Kate, and they came out with their relationship with that ski trip in April 2004, and it's been Kate ever since, except for that very brief "cooling off period" in 2007. Kate never married someone else; William has not dated other women, despite the media's attempt to make Jecca into a rival for Kate. So I don't see a Camilla comparison in this context at all. Now if Kate goes off and marries.... van Straubenzee, and then William scoops up Jecca or someone else, marries her, and then gets together with Kate adulterously.... now that would be weird! lol

Last edited:
Diana probably did not know what she was getting into when she married Charles. Kate will have the benefit of knowing what to expect as far as attention from the media and the public. She also knows what she can expect from William at this point.

She also has the benefit of knowing that the attention might not die down for quite awhile after the marriage. Charles and Diana were told that it would go away after the wedding.

Diana probably did not know what she was getting into when she married Charles. Kate will have the benefit of knowing what to expect as far as attention from the media and the public. She also knows what she can expect from William at this point.

It is not just anyone who would do it.

There is no comparison to Kate and Camilla in this context. Charles was not in a committed or monogamous relationship with Camilla in the 70s. They only got together as lovers and fell more in love after his marriage to Diana "irretrievably broke down." He dated all kinds of women between Camilla's marriage to APB and his own marriage to Diana. William's situation is completely different. William dated some different women in the university years, but then after xmas2003, or thereabouts, it was Kate, and they came out with their relationship with that ski trip in April 2004, and it's been Kate ever since, except for that very brief "cooling off period" in 2007. Kate never married someone else; William has not dated other women, despite the media's attempt to make Jecca into a rival for Kate. So I don't see a Camilla comparison in this context at all. Now if Kate goes off and marries.... van Straubenzee, and then William scoops up Jecca or someone else, marries her, and then gets together with Kate adulterously.... now that would be weird! lol

I think you have hit a nail on the head here.

William knows that his father and Camilla were together for a short time before she married Andrew and then his father searched for the right one but didn't find her. He had already let her go. When he got the chance he took it and is with her now. William is very close to his father and sees just how happy his father is with Camilla (way more so than we do) but also William is awar that he has many similar characteristics to his father. He may very well fear doing what his father did and letting THE ONE go at a young age and so is keeping Kate around until he or she is ready to commit to a permanent arrangement. If that is the case I do hope he gets it right for his sake.

He may very well fear doing what his father did and letting THE ONE go at a young age and so is keeping Kate around until he or she is ready to commit to a permanent arrangement.

Plenty of people realize that they've broken a relationship for reasons that were not sufficient and wish to take the mistake back. William might be making completely sure that she isn't the one so if there's a break up he's not wondering later.

He hasn't proposed because he isn't ready for such a commitment. Living together is a step but by no means a guarantee of marriage, it's got to be going through his mind that he might not mirror his father's mistakes but instead do the reverse. jump too early, so he waits to act to know exactly what he wants.

I think up until now I've heard he's given her a key to his house(2007) and he's bought a place near her or something like that while he's training(approx. 2008-09) We've never heard them living together until now right. Though I'm sure they're somewhat used to spending days/nights together by now it's probably always been somewhat like living together for them

It could just be that neither one of them is ready to get married. Not every woman wants to be married in her twenties.

I think we have hard stories of them living together before. They have been dating for 7 some years now and also lived together at St. Andrew's. I think they both will do things on thier time not our or the press. I hope they do what makes them happy

How do we know that William is indecisive?

by already known facts :) 8 years dating the girl, at least give her a ring! Any woman needs a bit security when invests so long into a relationship...sorry to say this, but it is true. This is why I said indecisive .

by already known facts :) 8 years dating the girl, at least give her a ring! Any woman needs a bit security when invests so long into a relationship...sorry to say this, but it is true. This is why I said indecisive .

That does not at all mean he is indecisive.
That just means he does not want to get married, and obviously neither does she.
She obviously has some security, else she would have uped and left.
They could have decided and obviously have, to remain happy the way they are.

That just means he does not want to get married, and obviously neither does she.
where is the obvious thing? all her actions show that she LOVES to get married to him...she puts up with the paps, she waits 8 years, she puts up with her family being offended by the press , that her Mom doesn't have manners, she doesn't get a job outside her home and constantly pressure of pictures taking of her. What kinda of woman will put up with this stuff if she doesn't want to get married?
She obviously has some security, else she would have uped and left.
They could have decided and obviously have, to remain happy the way they are.
this is also not obvious to me either. And I really doubt they will remain happy the way they are, from pressure of all sides.

where is the obvious thing? all her actions show that she LOVES to get married to him...she puts up with the paps, she waits 8 years, she puts up with her family being offended by the press , that her Mom doesn't have manners, she doesn't get a job outside her home and constantly pressure of pictures taking of her. What kinda of woman will put up with this stuff if she doesn't want to get married?

this is also not obvious to me either. And I really doubt they will remain happy the way they are, from pressure of all sides.

She seems to be quite happy, with not getting married right now. If you want something to change, and your boyfriend/partner doesn't want it too, why stick around?

But if you weren't given something to keep you secure about your relationship, wouldn't you have left?
William and Kate have obviously had a relationship talk, and whatever they have decided they are sticking with and they are obviously happy to me. If your not happy in the relationship, you don't carry it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom