William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LoL. Yes you got it right Mermaid...that's what I meant:flowers::flowers:.

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be both/and rather than either/or. Even if the Middletons are social climbers, that doesn't necessarily mean that William and Kate aren't in love with each other and could marry.

I have heard too, that they would try Everest to get to their goal.

So no one knows anything for sure, that much we know for sure! hehe

I guess Team Jecca isn't totally out of the running after all???

Maybe "Willecca" has a chance?

It's not right to call her Waity Kaity, but then Catherine has told us personally that she has never been called Kate, until the press started calling her it.
Kate will not be his mistress, and times have moved on, arranged marriages and ones to virgins are gone. William will chose his wife, not parliament, not the BRF. And I think they have learnt from there mistakes. People have suggested that Kate is Williams "Camilla", and if so he's not going to make the mistake of letting her go, and then marrying her when his first marriage fails.
I wish people would stop saying their opinion as fact.

Each love story is different, so why comparing Kate to Camilla?
Allright, now let's see what happens after Victoria's wedding. :p

I don't think Prince William would have invested all these years in a relationahip that he didn't feel would end in marriage. They broke up before, which would have been the time to cut the strings and move on. However, they made the decision to get back together and invest more time into the relationship. So why is he dragging his heels on an engagement? She is 28 years old this year. He may be able to wait until he is well into his 30's or even 40's to get married and have children, however the longer Kate waits to have children, the more difficult it may be for her. They have both invested a lot of time into this relationship to know whether they want to get married by now. The Queen is 84 and Prince Phillip is 90! If he waits another year or two to get engaged, and then another year or two to plan the wedding around royal schedules and career, that would put the put the Queen close to 90 and Phillip close to 95. It seems an awefully big gamble to count on their current health to carry them through the next 4-5 years. Thoughts?

Prince William hasn´t invested anything. He is royal and if Kate goes he can take his pick. On the other hand the biological clock is ticking for Kate.
It may not be very nice to call Kate Middleton Waity Katy but it was not a member of TRF that coined that phrase, it was the British newspapers and it is a good description of what she has been doing all these years.

It may not be very nice to call Kate Middleton Waity Katy but it was not a member of TRF that coined that phrase, it was the British newspapers.
That's true, but since we'd like to think we have a higher standard of discourse at TRF compared to what's on offer in the London tabloids, it's best we avoid such nicknames.

The Palace has probably located the perfect, vestal virgin that William is going to marry-they are just waiting for her to be of a marriageable age :whistling:

Kate is going to become his mistress, the one he marries after his divorce from (and the subsequent demise of) said virgin. The BRF never learns from their history

By 2013, Waity Kate will be a bigger national joke than she already is

as this is your opinion that is fine...but I think it is a harsh statement...

Well okay. If that is the case, then why continue to string her along? She has to live her life on the fringes of his and be excluded from important family and official events due to her "non" status. She may be patient, but I can't imagine any woman being satisfied with that indefinitely, nor can I imagine William is the type of man to expect it of someone he has been with for so long.

Who says she wants to get married either?
They both might be perfectly and serenely happy with the way life is at the moment for them.
We do not know what the relationship is like, they both might have an understand that one day they will get married, but just not yet.

She doesn't have to do anything. If she doesn't like her "status" she always has the option of moving on. Instead, for whatever reason, she chooses to stay Will's girlfriend. I'm not sure if I would...

Prince William hasn´t invested anything. He is royal and if Kate goes he can take his pick. On the other hand the biological clock is ticking for Kate.
It may not be very nice to call Kate Middleton Waity Katy but it was not a member of TRF that coined that phrase, it was the British newspapers and it is a good description of what she has been doing all these years.

Is it a good description though?

What we know is what the press want us to know and they need a 'princess' to sell papers - one they can build up and then destroy and maybe even build up again but...we don't actually know for sure what she has been doing.

We may speculate how much work she is doing for her parents but we simply don't know how hard she works. I am prepared to give her the benefits of the doubt and assume that she is putting in a reasonable amount of hard work to continue to grow her parents' business, which also provides her with a luxury lifestyle.

Who says she wants to get married either?
They both might be perfectly and serenely happy with the way life is at the moment for them.
We do not know what the relationship is like, they both might have an understand that one day they will get married, but just not yet.

I agree with this.

I think they are enjoying being a 'normal' couple without the weight of being royal at the moment and will continue in that vein until they decide that they wish to start a family - then there will be the engagement and the wedding the easing into her royal role for Kate with the first pregnancy happening almost at once as well with maybe a second and third in the first five years of the marriage so that it might be another 10 years before she fully embraces being royal at all.

...So why is he dragging his heels on an engagement?
I don't agree with what you're saying texankitcat. You're making it seem as if they have a fake relationship. They are a real couple, just like other people, when you're dating someone you don't think of it as "investing" in it. He's probably dragging his heels because he doesn't want to marry now. That doesn't mean he doesn't love or like Kate, but it means he's not ready. Kate's 28 this year. So what? Does she have one more year to live or something? I don't think so. So whats the rush? I would hate for Will to marry Kate because she's "getting up in age". He should marry her because he loves her, he's sure about her and he's ready to join himself with her forever. Do you really think Will cares about these dates? Two years, four years, etc. They most likely got back together because they care about each other, not because they have "marriage" on their mind. Another thing, the childbirth thing is no excuse. Women can have children up to the age of 45. Kate has some years before she officially close up shop.
...then why continue to string her along?
He really may not be stringing her along. Kate should not be upset because she's excluded from royal events. If she's upset about it then she's most likely a golddigger. I'm sorry, but isn't true love about patience? Shouldn't Kate be patient with Will? She should be satisfied. She has nothing to complain about. The fact that a ring is not on her finger shouldn't make her dissatisfied. She has to first look inward and be happy with herself as a whole. I hate when women give the men their dating ultimatums to marry them. I sincerely hope Kate is not doing that to Will.

Well one thing that Kate can´t be accused of is lack of patience. She has been right there even when he broke off from her, ready for him to just say the word. Nowadays she isn´t seen, or at least the tabloids don´t see her about much, but after the so called break-up she was seen in nearly every place that William could turn up at.

Iluv, you have painted a beautiful fairy tale. It could come a classic in future. As to her working hard, well if you say so. The pregnancy bit was touching too, it quite brought a tear to my eye.

Well one thing that Kate can´t be accused of is lack of patience. She has been right there even when he broke off from her, ready for him to just say the word. Nowadays she isn´t seen, or at least the tabloids don´t see her about much, but after the so called break-up she was seen in nearly every place that William could turn up at.

Iluv, you have painted a beautiful fairy tale. It could come a classic in future. As to her working hard, well if you say so. The pregnancy bit was touching too, it quite brought a tear to my eye.

Your evidence that she isn't working hard for her parents' business is....?

I said that I was prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt because I am not living in the home or working for the business which seems to be rather successful. Sure her parents may be allowing her to sit around the house all day just waiting for William to call but as the other children have jobs I doubt it.

As Diana was expected to fall pregnant immediately and I remember the photos of Mary's stomach after the honeymoon it is clear that the first duty of a new royal wife is to produce the heir, especially when the wife is marrying someone directly in line to the throne it makes sense to have the now normal prebaby period be premarriage period as well.

I am not painting a fairy tale but basing my ideas on what I have seen happening in other royal families and has happened in the British (Charles and William were both born within a year or so of the wedding) before the couple could really get to know each other. They are doing things differently - doing the getting to know each other, living together before marriage and children instead of marriage, children, get to know you time.

As to her working hard, well if you say so.

You have nothing to say that she is not hard working, the family business seems very successful and I would say that Kate works for whatever she earns.

I remember the photos of Mary's stomach after the honeymoon

Which Mary are you talking about?
Because Christian was born in October, meaning Mary fell pregnant February 2005 if I'm correct, and the honeymoon was straight after the wedding in May 2004? :ermm:

You have nothing to say that she is not hard working, the family business seems very successful and I would say that Kate works for whatever she earns.

Which Mary are you talking about?
Because Christian was born in October, meaning Mary fell pregnant February 2005 if I'm correct, and the honeymoon was straight after the wedding in May 2004? :ermm:

There were photos of her stomach trying to see a baby bump from the honeymoon onwards - not only after the pregnancy was announced but from June 2004 onwards.

Of course I have nothing to say about it. I have no idea if she is working, working hard, lazing or whatever, and one thing I definitely have no idea about is how much she earns, or if she does get paid.
As long as children have parties and like fancy hats and plates the family should be fine.

There were photos of her stomach trying to see a baby bump from the honeymoon onwards - not only after the pregnancy was announced but from June 2004 onwards.

But she wasn't pregnant, that we know off obviously until Christian, so the press were just looking for her to be pregnant.
I understand that is the main obligation of the future heirs wife, to bear his children, hopefully a son first.

But she wasn't pregnant, that we know off obviously until Christian, so the press were just looking for her to be pregnant.
I understand that is the main obligation of the future heirs wife, to bear his children, hopefully a son first.

Remember when it was her gall bladder in Fall 2004 instead of a baby? As I recall, the press went into overdrive on baby watch and were sadly disappointed. :lol: Sorry to be off topic on W&K.

I think iluveberties point is that immeadiately after Frederick and Mary's wedding in the press (and on this board) everyone focused on the couple having a child whether or not this immeadiately occurred or not. Media stories and posts had a narrow focus on Mary's stomach waiting to see if she was pregnant or not.

Thus as soon as or if William and Kate tie the knot, the same thing will happen. I do recall that happened with Charles and Diana once they married (of course they were right) but it was like wedding on July 29th...when are you giong to have a baby. Let people enjoy married life first and they will have a baby when it happens. No pressure.

Of course, these two need to get married first.

So is Tina blaming the pictures she sued over, for the apparent "postponed" engagement?
That woman needs to get her head out of the clouds.
Oh come on, now they are getting desperate, there is no way on earth a wedding like Diana's would fit in with William and Kate.

Really I don't understand the article by Tina at all, maybe my grasp of english is worse than I thought :lol:, but please can someone give me the reason of why they postponed the supposed engagement? Because I only understand that they postoned it because she sued the journalist, but they knew this before her article, didn't they? :confused:

And the story about PW making Kate sue the journalist imo is pure fiction.

Really I don't understand the article by Tina at all, maybe my grasp of english is worse than I thought :lol:, but please can someone give me the reason of why they postponed the supposed engagement? Because I only understand that they postoned it because she sued the journalist, but they knew this before her article, didn't they? :confused:

And the story about PW making Kate sue the journalist imo is pure fiction.

See there was mostlikley not an engagement to postpone in the first place....it was most likely a false story to sell papers and give us something to post about...TB is just now making up something else to cover her bottom...IMO anyway :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom