William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The press has been writing and predicting of engagement-wedding every year since William and Kate have dated from University onward. It has not happened in any year thus far that the press has said and they do say a wedding is coming each year.

The Palace or the Prince's press offices have said various denials in the past, but the press puts it usually as one line in their articles , while still promoting a Royal wedding.

The press gets a "nonsense" reply from the Palace but (imo) it doesn't fit with what the press has promoted ,so they continue on with what various columnists say.

Everyone loves Royal Weddings, but no amount of press writing it as a done deal, has be able to make it happen. I won't believe much until it's an Official Engagement announcement from the Palace, not Tina Brown.;)

But from you post you do agree with me about Ms. Middleton being the one.
Nope. I do not agree with you that she is the one. I said they will marry, I personally don't think she is the one.
Just to add she's gone from Ms to Mrs. :whistling:
Umm the royals represent the public, if they kept this kind of information from the people who pay for their palaces.
I never said the press would leave him alone, i said they should announce it and get the press rush over and done with. Its always going to happen, but the quicker they do it, the quicker it'll be gone.
That was Williams first return to Australia, and his first real overseas tour. Of course he's going to recieve a lot of press. Theres a difference between Peter Phillips who only ever occasionaly attends high up royal events and the heir to the throne.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah! But we all know how very clever Diana was. I'd bet she'd take a look at that list and do a show stopper something or other to be number 1.
If Diana had been clever she would have used a helicopter and stopped her rant about the Razzi as jackie used one...... and been front and center... no she was clever but not shrewd......... Her show stopper was in August /97 sadly.

If Diana had been clever she would have used a helicopter and stopped her rant about the Razzi as jackie used one...... and been front and center... no she was clever but not shrewd......... Her show stopper was in August /97 sadly.

I have told you this before but you don't seen to get it - the nearest helipad to the Ritz is a couple of miles away - not at the hotel so a helicopter to fly across town wasn't an option.

By the way - how is her stupidity on one night relevant to this discussion?

Interesting question, Bertie. You tell us how her supposedly stupidity is relevant... Just curious.

I have told you this before but you don't seen to get it - the nearest helipad to the Ritz is a couple of miles away - not at the hotel so a helicopter to fly across town wasn't an option.

By the way - how is her stupidity on one night relevant to this discussion?
I just called the Ritz and they said she could have flown off the roof-Pls refrain from personally admonishing or reproaching me . U are quite hostile. IN fact I checked your other posts and this is the most hostile especially directed at me. Diana's transportation means was really bad- throughout her life and it lead to her death- it had been a problem for a long time _ name another celebrity except Jackie who was hounded like that? U are offended because Jackie who was more famous than Diana had more brains about her than those around Diana to protect her safety who had to think for her again and again.What of the seatbelt in the speeding car was that an option? evidently not because she did not put it on. did she?
The relevance lies in that she would have been among us and especially there on the wedding day of Prince Wills when and if he marries.Kate and she as the mother of Wills would have still done good on this earth as she was inclined to do

And i'm sure there was an option for her seatbelt in the cra she crashed in, she just didn't obviously put it in. Diana did lots of things to encourage the press and get the attention away from her husband.

NOW this is a thread about William & Kate not Williams mothers transport abilities.

The speculations I'm hearing is that they will be "formerly" engaged the first week of June. So we'll have to see if this is true or not.

I would imagine very very close surveillance of Kate by the paps over the next ten days or so, would give some indication whether or not something was afoot !!! That... together with a tv guide in the week leading up to supposed announcement would help. Usually the day after an announcement there is a documentary on them shown.. and one has apparently already been made by the BBC just filed away waiting for the appropriate evening to show it.

I agree, Miss Garnett. Every step of Kate's, plus William's and maybe Charles and the Queen will be analyzed to death.

But I stick by the belief the announcement will come in early 2011 with a wedding that summer. I can't picture a chilly November wedding.

But, if nothing happens in 2011, I will start to question what's going on in the relationship.

Last edited:
:previous: Completely agree Sonjapearl. There really are only two options left..... the June/November rumour is true, or it will be an announcment early in the new year of 2011 with summer wedding... If NEITHER transpire... then a lot of people will give up on the whole thing, and rightly so....with Kate being the one who should at that stage totally give up herself !!

Tell me something, is it an absolute must that they marry in 6 months? Can't they just announce it in June then marry next June 2011 or something?

I think that being engaged to a prince for a year would be very hard, at least in the UK. As long as there's no engagement, Kate's a private person. If there's an engagement, it means that she'll be in the public eye a lot more--officially and unofficially, and the demand for pictures and information will increase.

Tell me something, is it an absolute must that they marry in 6 months? Can't they just announce it in June then marry next June 2011 or something?

I don't think it's an absolute must, in that there's a law or something that says they have only 6 months between engagement and wedding but it appears to be the tradition in the BRF not to carry long engagements. I would think that if William and Kate do choose to get married, they would keep that going and get married within 6 or 7 months of their engagement being announced.

Thanks Mermaid and Sister M. Everyone's so adamant about them marrying in 6 months. Thanks for the info.

I still dont believe he's ever going to marry Kate.
I'll wait for a official Palace announcement.

I still dont believe he's ever going to marry Kate.
I'll wait for a official Palace announcement.

Well that was a blunt delivery. I hope they won't marry. I just don't see that happening. But I'm waiting to be proven wrong by an announcement. But for now, I certainly hope they're not engaged. I don't think Kate's the one for Will.

I suspect that they are engaged and have a date in mind, which is some way away yet.

I do see them marrying because William isn't going to repeat his father's mistake of letting the love of his life get away. Charles met Camilla at a young age and I do see that William feels that he might repeat Charles' mistake of letting her go and making an unhappy marriage. He also can see that his grandmother fell in love at a young age and is so much a Windsor that he feels that like them he has met the love of his life at a young age but he isn't ready to marry yet so he will wait until he is, which I think could easily be another 3 to 4 years.

Why wait 3 or 4 years? If your in love get married.

One poster on another royal forum made an good point as to why William and Kate have yet to tie the knot. Once they do, they lose whatever privacy they do have, they will be thrust more into the limelight than they are already, Kate will have the whole nation and the press demanding her to have a pregnancy, William will have to do more royal duties and Kate will be doing them with him so there's a change in her lifestyle right there.

What I am trying to say is that their whole lives will change once they marry. As that poster pointed out, they are on the honeymoon phase of their relationship now where no one could tell them what to do. Once they do marry, their freedom and independence will go out the window.

Also, it is not uncommon for 20 somethings to wait many years before getting married. I have friends who waited several years before settling down.

Why wait 3 or 4 years? If your in love get married.

For ordinary people yes but for William the expectations are different. His wife will be expected to start a brand new job immediately - being a full-time working royal. She will also be expected to start a family immediately. That is why I believe they will wait until William has finished in the air force so that he can support Kate (or whomever) when the time comes and be there for the child/ren as they grow.

I also don't think he's going to get married until 2014 onwards.

I hope he gets married after 30. That seems to make more sense to me. I don't see why they would get engaged now at such a young age. If they are truly in love, then I don't see a problem with it, but golly he's only what 27?

28 next month, so yeah. :)

The reason why there has been a lot of discussion this year is that supposedly in an bar or something in 2005 he said that he wouldn't be marrying until he ws 28 and now that he is approaching that age people are remembering that comment.

Well no wonder! People like William, in this kind of position, really have to be careful about what they say. I think I remember him saying something along those lines. So it's now 2010 and he's supposedly suppose to act upon it. What if he changed the plan to 30? For some reason, I hope he does.

Well I for one, Certainly hopes he does as well! Good grief, how long is this going to be going on?? Bo-ring...

It will go on until William is ready to marry, assuming he ever does.
Yes it is boring for us but he is a human being and also has the right not to be pressued into something to provide entertainment for the masses - look where that sort of thing (pressure to get married) got his father.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom