William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be disappointed if William's wedding were like Edward and Sophie's wedding or the Chatto wedding or the Taylor wedding. William will the Head of State of several nations and Head of the Commonwealth, God willing, and a smaller wedding just wouldn't be good enough for him or his bride. I like the idea of Westminster Abbey and a balcony appearance.:flowers:

Williams wedding will be the last royal AAA wedding event for a long time. Even though he is not yet heir to the throne, one day he will hold the position of his grandmother and father

I'd be disappointed if William's wedding were like Edward and Sophie's wedding or the Chatto wedding or the Taylor wedding. William will the Head of State of several nations and Head of the Commonwealth, God willing, and a smaller wedding just wouldn't be good enough for him or his bride. I like the idea of Westminster Abbey and a balcony appearance.:flowers:

If it was good enough for Edward VII then it will be good enough for William.

I think the deal has been sealed. I hear wedding bells!

I have to admit though, I wished William had chosen someone else - someone who didn't base her whole existence on William. I mean, him choosing a person who barely worked, who made sure her schedule revolved around her boyfriend's (the Jigsaw employer confirmed this), and so on, makes William sound needy, self-centered and having a disdain for independent women.

But when they do marry, I wish them all the best. :flowers:

Last edited:
I just wish they would get married. They seem totally happy, maybe we should petition them?

This isn't all that surprising as William has holidayed with them in the past and even been reported as referring to Mr Middleton as 'Dad'.

I don't see this as any further evidence that as engagement is about to be announced but further evidence that Kate will be his wife, when they eventually marry.

I have to admit though, I wished William had chosen someone else - someone who didn't base her whole existence on William. I mean, him choosing a person who barely worked, who made sure her schedule revolved around her boyfriend's (the Jigsaw employer confirmed this), and so on, makes William sound needy, self-centered and having a disdain for independent women. . . . . . . :flowers:
I have to admit I have not given Kate's working life much thought. It isn't my business and she is not alone in her lifestyle. Hundreds, probably thousands of young women from wealthy backgrounds do exactly the same. However, Kate's attempts at having anything like a normal working life were totally thwarted by the media.

The probability of a wedding leads to comparisons with Sophie trying to remain a working wife. She was possitively hunted by the media as was Edward when he tried his hand at a job outside "The Firm". Now they are working full time for the firm and everyone is happy. This too would work in Kate's favour. She will be able to go anywhere William is posted and will be able to carry out charity work as she pleases which will hopefully please the snarling naysayers.

Mmm...we are hearing wedding bells since 2005. This event may mean something, but who knows...

We disagree on the definition of 'young adult' then as to me they are 'young adults' until early 30s.

I was looking at the word 'contempories' as in have the same poition - heir to the heir - those contempories are children, except in Sweden where the heir/ess has only recently married.

Why must they be "heir to heir?" Royal is royal, is it not. We agree to disagree, then.

The media is making a big deal out of Middleton sighting in Balmoral. Richard Palmer agrees that it is significant, although I'm not totally convinced it means engagement. It means acceptance, yes.

It seems significant as it comes right on the heels of them very publicly attending that wedding and getting all kinds of press coverage - all of which was no doubt planned to make a statement. An announcement early next year makes the most sense for a spring/summer wedding...but with these two, who the hell knows. haha

Hey, everyone thought Wills & Kate would get engaged after she and her family came to his Sandhurst graduation. But a few months later, they split. These two are unpredictable.

I don't see this as any further evidence that as engagement is about to be announced but further evidence that Kate will be his wife, when they eventually marry.

Let's hope that Kate is William's wife when they eventually marry! ;):flowers:

On the topic of a small or large wedding for William, I would think his wedding should be on a scale similar to George V's (in comparison to other royal weddings of the time, I mean), since he is "the heir to the heir."

And I think that George V's and Mary's wedding was a full-scale, royal wedding, wasn't it?...but then in those days, the royal families of Europe were really all related in some way anyway, so inviting other royals for a big celebration was really just like inviting extended family.

Mmm...we are hearing wedding bells since 2005. This event may mean something, but who knows...

I for one am going to believe it the next day of the wedding. The first 24 hours are very crucial.:D On a serious note, I do hope they'll shake things up soon! A big royal wedding in London - we've certainly missed that! :)

I don't want to sound too insensitive, but I really hope that they get married when the Queen and her husband are still "around". I think for her as a grand-mother and queen it would be great to see her grandson and heir marry.

On the topic of a small or large wedding for William, I would think his wedding should be on a scale similar to George V's (in comparison to other royal weddings of the time, I mean), since he is "the heir to the heir."
George V married in the Chapel Royal at St James' in London, as was Victoria and Albert. I haven't been inside this chapel and can't find any information about its size.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Chapel Royal is in good shape, but they'd have to do a lot of sprucing up of the rest of the place.

i'd be surprised if william's wedding isn't big.

The Chapel Royal is in good shape, but they'd have to do a lot of sprucing up of the rest of the place.

Why - all the public sees is the inside of the Chapel. St James' Palace is fine and is the official seat of the British Court. Ambassadors are still Ambassadors to the Court of St James.

Something seems to be happening, but they could be there so the royals can say "Ummm I don't think Kate is the One". Works both ways. :ermm:

can you please elaborate on what you stated above? im somewhat perplexed on that idea

i think next year will be the year, definitely...William might not put it off too long now, since they have been together for 8 years. Say the relationship had been only...um 3 years or so old, then he would have waited another 5 years till hes what? 33? but now they have already been together too long and the pressure is building on him to propose. Leaving her after 8 years doesn't seem an option to me anymore....so as much as i agree with what LouisXVI says, we will have to accept that she will be the new princess.

I don't think there is any pressure on him to propose as I suspect that he has already done that but they haven't made it public to enjoy some private time together before the horrendous reality hits of joining the royal family and all the negative side of that arrangement - loss of privacy and freedom etc.

can you please elaborate on what you stated above? im somewhat perplexed on that idea
All the magazines say that William will visit his grandmother to ask for Kates hand. Why does no one say that he is going to visit his gran to call off the relationship? Or HM is going to say No, we don't want her in our family.
isn't the Christmas invite only for engaged partners and married ones? why would she get an invite? i'm sure they'll get engaged in spring with a summer wedding, so probably no invite this year.
Usually it is, but Kate has been practically engaged to Will's for years and I think Sophie attended Christmas before she was married.

Come on then.. reaffirm our faith in life by taking the quantam leap.
Let's get the show on the road!asap

Come on then.. reaffirm our faith in life by taking the quantam leap.
Let's get the show on the road!asap

It is their life to live not ours - leave them alone.

All the magazines say that William will visit his grandmother to ask for Kates hand. Why does no one say that he is going to visit his gran to call off the relationship? Or HM is going to say No, we don't want her in our family.

He wouldn't have to tell her if he was going to call off the relationship. Not wanting her isn't a viable reason not to allow the marriage.

Usually it is, but Kate has been practically engaged to Will's for years and I think Sophie attended Christmas before she was married.

Sophie didn't go before she was officially engaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom