William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that if he won't pop the question soon maybe it is better to move on, or simply maybe just leave their relationship the way it is. Maybe neither feel ready to marry yet and want to wait you never know.

Having never met Kate Middleton I still feel safe in saying that she is VERY READY to get married. It would be a rare young lady who devoted nearly a decade of her life to a relationship, nevermind a prince and future king, who wasn't ready for the next step. I don't blame her for sticking around but gosh it's getting to be about time for something to happen -- I think outdoorspeople say "fish or cut bait." ;)

Well said, windsorgirl. I agree with you 100%. The whole subject is getting to be old and boring, imho.

I, too, have decided to cool my jets on this subject until an announcement from CH is made. I enjoy the chatter, but it has been going on so long it makes my head hurt.

The chatter about this has been going on for nearly 10 years.

I agree that if he won't pop the question soon maybe it is better to move on, or simply maybe just leave their relationship the way it is. Maybe neither feel ready to marry yet and want to wait you never know.

I suspect that 'the question' has been asked and answered in the affirmative but we, the public, aren't being told until they are ready and that will be about six moinths before the actual wedding day.

I don´t want to be too blunt, but I think we all know "the Question" that has been answered in the affirmative, and it has nothing to do with marriage.

^i'm sorry I don't understand what you mean:ohmy:

Having never met Kate Middleton I still feel safe in saying that she is VERY READY to get married. It would be a rare young lady who devoted nearly a decade of her life to a relationship, nevermind a prince and future king, who wasn't ready for the next step. I don't blame her for sticking around but gosh it's getting to be about time for something to happen -- I think outdoorspeople say "fish or cut bait." ;)

I am stunned, having admitted that you have never met Kate Middleton, a statement is made in capital letters (!!!) that you know exactly what a total stranger is thinking and feeling!

Why the assumption that it's William not Kate dragging her feet to get married. I think it's far more likely to be Kate. Currently, with the help of some legal action in regards to her privacy, Kate lives a private life. She can do whatever job she chooses, move around without the need to have protection officers follow her. Spend time with friends and family, be in a committed relationship. Once married to William she looses her freedom. The Swedish couple Victoria and Daniel said at the time of their wedding (after a long courtship and engagement) that they cherished the most the early part of their relationship before it became public and they lived a 'private life'. (Which is what William and Kate have fought for and seem to have currently achieved)

Daniel also said that it took him a long time to come to terms with the changes that he would have to make to his life. In all likelihood Kate is the one who wants to delay those changes to her life. I can't understand those who think that marriage to a royal is great and of course that's what any woman wants. Kate is already rich, mixes in aristocratic circles, that's how she met William, they had friends in common. Marrying into royalty would be a backward step for her, huge changes in her life, I can see why she wouldn't be pushing for that to happen any time soon.

William himself has been a somewhat reluctant royal, he's stated he doesn't want to get into fulltime royal duties too soon. As afterall, he'll be doing them the rest of his life. So why would he put the woman he loves in the position of doing something that he was born into and wants to delay? He had no choice with his life, he and Kate together do have a choice with hers.

Charlotte don´t make me laugh. A young lady of "the people" has been the "confidante" (I believe this is the modern word for another one that is now non-pc) for 9 years going on 10 who is willing to go on like this forever and is reluctant to become the Queen of Great Britain.
For someone criticising another for seemingly presuming to know the feeling of someone she/he doesn´t know, please tell me what you are doing?
Actually you are presuming that this person doesn´t presume as well as you do.
I agree completely with Windsorgirl, a very good summing up of the situation.

I don´t want to be too blunt, but I think we all know "the Question" that has been answered in the affirmative, and it has nothing to do with marriage.

Sorry could you be a little more blunt and explain what you mean by " the Question" ...

In my opion, I believe Kate is VERY ready to marry as well ... who wants to be the girlfriend of the Prince for more the 10 years..

Charlotte don´t make me laugh. A young lady of "the people" has been the "confidante" (I believe this is the modern word for another one that is now non-pc) for 9 years going on 10 who is willing to go on like this forever and is reluctant to become the Queen of Great Britain.
For someone criticising another for seemingly presuming to know the feeling of someone she/he doesn´t know, please tell me what you are doing?
Actually you are presuming that this person doesn´t presume as well as you do.
I agree completely with Windsorgirl, a very good summing up of the situation.

Thanks, Wisteria. :flowers:

Charlotte, I offer up nothing more than my own opinion. :flowers:

If this carries on much longer, the question he won't be asking is... has anyone seen my comb....

and the question she will be asking is "is anyone else hot " is mid December.

Russo bets a good bottle of Merlot she bloody well wants to be the Queen of England!

I hope it's true because it will put an end to all the speculation, which has been going on it's become very boring, IMO.

I think it's probably true because I think William is a decent fellow and I don't think he'd string her along for so long if they didn't have an understanding. They've been together long enough for the first flush of romance and lust to have well and truly worn off and if, knowing each other as well as they must by now, they still want to be together for the rest of their lives then I think it will work.

But I do wish they'd just get on with it. *yawn*

Russo bets a good bottle of Merlot she bloody well wants to be the Queen of England!

I bet a good bottle of Merlot and 100 year old bottle of Irish Wiskey that she wants to be Queen of England :)

Replying to post #2349 by Charlotte 01
Pls tell me that if Kate marries wills she will not have to ever worry about money again.Kate will never have to take the train to go to work in the morning or commute to the suburbs. Everything will be done for her.
And U believe she is dragging her feet over loss of potential freedom?
Frankly I do not believe that Kate will be besiged as Diana was.
No one will ever experience what happened to Diana.
But I do think she is devoted to Wills and that she would want to marry and start a family like every other girl on the planet and then becoming Queen is great if you can get to be one. jmo.

My problem with Kate is that she far too devoted to William. She needs a life of her own, and she has yet to do that. If the wedding rumors are true, then Kate has no chance of developing herself as an individual.

But there, I’m afraid, my sympathy ends. It’s five years since Kate left university and she’s failed to knuckle down and find a job. The fact that she hasn’t prompts in me an uneasy suspicion that she may be idle and spoiled.
Certainly William’s current location in North Wales, where he has just finished training in air sea rescue with the RAF, does not make things easy.
============================================================================
At the very least, she could have been doing some charity work. If the couple really are about to become officially engaged, then she must get down to something serious. She is 28 now, after all, and about to become a role model for women not just here but all over the world — which is why I feel so uneasy about those growing doubts that she is little more than a pampered princess.
She needs now to convince us that she has what it takes to be a real one.

Read more: Prince William and Katie Middleton's engagement imminent? | Mail Online

I agree. I don't understand why the royal family would accept someone like Kate into their "firm". And what's with William? Is he like his father, afraid of being overshadowed by a woman?

I can't see Kate overshadowing him. She really hasn't IMO although the focus has been on whether or not they will become engaged? I think she's totally devoted to Prince William, because if she wasn't, she wouldn't be putting her life on hold as she has. She's hoping that he will marry her (I hope he does too that just my opinion). However, he will be the one who makes that choice.

I hope that you don't have a situation where after years of being with him (let's say Kate is now in her early 30's), that Prince William breaks up with her and then marries a 20 year old. I've known of a few situations (not involving royals of course) where this happened and the woman involved was devastasted . In your early 30's a woman biological clock is ticking and your time for having children is slowly fading. A man can father children well into his 40's, 50's, etc.

Of course you could always have the flip side of this (Kate leaves Prince William for a 24 year old male) but this would be highly unlikely. I actually knew a couple that were together for years (not royals), and the woman left for a much younger man which was a shocker because everyone thought the opposite might happen.

Read more: Prince William and Katie Middleton's engagement imminent? | Mail Online

I agree. I don't understand why the royal family would accept someone like Kate into their "firm". And what's with William? Is he like his father, afraid of being overshadowed by a woman?
[/COLOR][/LEFT]

The days of the royal family having a say in the choice of bride are long gone. Sure the monarch of the day will have to give their consent - or parliament will with a year's notice - but these days onlt one person has to find her suitable and that is William. Kate only has to prove herself to him and the rest of us have to accept her choice.

The article is right in that she will alwaus be compared to Diana and Wikkiam knows how awful that is going to be - to be compared to a dead woman who to some people was a saint. I do think that this is a major reason for the delay - along with his own commitments.

Has there been instances of different royal families getting married in the same year? I would think it would be poor etiquette. The second raining on the first couple's parade. Also, it makes since for them to wait to marry until they are ready to have children. They are able to lead a more normal life while unmarried. Finally, the longer PW waits to marry the less likelyhood of a scandalous divorce.

Has there been instances of different royal families getting married in the same year? I would think it would be poor etiquette. The second raining on the first couple's parade. Also, it makes since for them to wait to marry until they are ready to have children. They are able to lead a more normal life while unmarried. Finally, the longer PW waits to marry the less likelyhood of a scandalous divorce.

In 2004 the Crown Prince of Spain married a week after the Crown Pronce of Denmark - so close in fact that Frederick and Mary didn't attend Felipe and Letizia's wedding as they were on their honeymoon. I don't think that either overshadowed the other, particularly as Frederick and Mary weren't at the second wedding, although Felipe and Letizia attended the Danish one the week before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom