William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh that's a given! What I meant is that the date and whatnot of the wedding will not be so-and-so's anniversary or Auntie Pru's 6th anniversary of her bunion surgery or such. I don't really think William and Kate would pick a specific date because it had connotations with someone else's day. :0)

Misunderstanding. If, and I think it is a great if, Kate does marry William she will find she will have very little to say besides which guests she would like to invite and then some of these are sure to be turned down. The Palace will do everything as is the custom, and we must admit, this is the kind of thing they do very well indeed.
In the meantime I agree with NotaPretender, it is very very boring and they are turning into a very boring couple indeed. I am pleased that she is keeping a low profile, but then she should, if indeedit is true that she is living with him.

so they arent engaged lol?

I think not.

The thing I don't understand is how can there be a wedding when he has not even proposed.

The Palace currently denied the recent claims by the German Aristo, yet somehow the press who pushes Kate as his bride and a wedding as a done deal, ignores the words of St. James Palace.

Telegraph: Prince William and Kate Middleton ‘to marry in July’ claim dismissed - Telegraph

Prince William and Kate Middleton ‘to marry in July’ claim dismissed

Claims by a German aristocrat that Prince William and his girlfriend, Kate Middleton, are planning to marry in July next year have been dismissed as “nonsense” :flowers:

St James’s Palace described the comments as “nonsense and speculation”.

A royal source added: “As far as I know he hasn’t shared any information with anyone about his intentions either way, we have always made clear that there is no planning going on.”

How this equates to an engagement or marriage is beyond me?

I agree with whoever said he needs to end it at this point if he does not intend to marry her. He is coming off as a ditherer who is unsure what he wants to do. Why continue to drag this out any further? Why not either get engaged or move on? :flowers:
I am still of the belief that he does not want to marry her or anyone at this point. I don't believe the "living together" rumours nor the rumours that they are planning an engagement or wedding. I do believe Kate would love an engagement, but I just don't see William going down that path yet in his life.
The press has said the same thing for about six years, but it continues on with no engagement and no wedding.

They can still be just dating to see if they are truly compatible-who knows?

Above statement sounds correct. The couple are just 28 years old. I think the relationship is at a new level though. It is the last step till marriage. I think they will marry at 30-31 when Prince William is more accustom to his career and Ms Middleton accustom to her charity work. Catherine is suppose to start her work in this Fall. This charity work was announced by St. James Place I believe.

This last announcement of pending engagement has be denied by St. James Place, so I don't think we will have a marriage next year. :flowers:

I don't think William's going to ever marry Kate. I think he may not even marry for another decade and Kate is the long relationship he will learn from as what not to do in the future. IMO :flowers:

I wouldn't be surprised if William never marries actually but...

I also wouldn't be surprised if Kate and William are engaged but have set a date in a couple of years after William has left the Air Force and has been a full time royal for a number of years.

If Kate does do some charity work later this year it certainly won't be anything official without an engagement and the British Royals have 6 months or so engagements.

Oh I do think he will marry, but I just don't see him marrying his first serious girlfriend, no matter if this drags out for a few more years. William is in his 20's now and he can wait for years, no rush for him.

News - Royal Rep: Prince William, Kate Middleton Aren't Getting Engaged - Celebrity News - UsMagazine.com
Royal Rep: Prince William, Kate Middleton Aren't Getting Engaged

St. James Palace rep is slamming a new report in a German tabloid claiming that William and Middleton, both 28, will announce their engagement this fall and marry next summer; the wedding date, claims the report, will likely be July 2, the same day the Prince's parents Diana and Charles wed in 1981.

"What absolute nonsense!" the rep tells US Magazine "This is nothing more than speculation."

A source adds of the longtime couple: "Right now there [are] absolutely no wedding plans taking place. That is the truth."

Article basically same info as the Telegraph info.

IMO Prince William just wants some time to live a private life (as much as he can that is) without the press and public intruding. He saw what his mother went through with the press and photographers.

When his engagement is announced (probably to Kate) their lives will never be the same.

Misunderstanding. If, and I think it is a great if, Kate does marry William she will find she will have very little to say besides which guests she would like to invite and then some of these are sure to be turned down. The Palace will do everything as is the custom, and we must admit, this is the kind of thing they do very well indeed.
In the meantime I agree with NotaPretender, it is very very boring and they are turning into a very boring couple indeed. I am pleased that she is keeping a low profile, but then she should, if indeedit is true that she is living with him.
Exactly my thoughts.
I don't agree with what some members support that he will never marry.:ohmy:I believe that he will eventually marry someone and if this someone isn't Kate i'm ok.But i like this girl pretty much and as far as i can see Brits in general have got used to her.

I am more intrigued by the German Duke, who it is said is a cousin.
I have looked him up, and he is a duke, but if there is a "cousinage" it must be a long way off.

Exactly my thoughts.
I don't agree with what some members support that he will never marry.:ohmy:I believe that he will eventually marry someone and if this someone isn't Kate i'm ok.But i like this girl pretty much and as far as i can see Brits in general have got used to her.
Two points off of this:

1. I wonder what the Brits would think and feel if William does end up marrying someone besides Kate. Disappointment? Betrayal?

2. If William and Kate do eventually split, I pity the poor girl who is next in line. The window for William to enjoy his bachelorhood is starting to close. So the next girl won't have the ages Kate has had to get used to the constant media scrutiny before the 24/7 hyper-coverage of their wedding and marriage.

1, I don't think anyone would really care if they split, they would probably feel relieved that they were doing something.
2, I pity any girl that dates or marries William because whatever happens, however long she is around, she will always somehow be compared to Diana or The Queen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Elessar,
no,no ''betrayal'' is a strong word..I guess they will feel disappointment.Kate is a down to earth and kind girl and as you correctly stated she had enough time to gain William's heart and respect in general.So i guess everyone will be very curious about his next move.
We agree as far as the second point is concerned.

I believe the press would eventually move on if Pr.William ended it with Kate, as they have with previous Princes who have had longtime serious girlfriends, they did not marry. The press seems to want a wedding more than the Prince does, imo.

If William does not marry her, why should the press or anyone feel betrayed,Pr. William made no public declarations or public promises to this girl. She is a longtime girlfriend who the press has inflated to the status of Fiancee, when no engagement has ever been made. She's no different than Emma Pernaud who dated Prince Carl Phillip of Sweden and no different than the status of any other longtime girlfriend who has not been proposed to.
If William ever ended it, what could the press do except write a few articles and complain, but they would move on eventually. There are dozens of girls like Kate Middleton, but there is only one Prince William, imo the press knows this, despite the pushing of this girl as his bride for seven years.

More press backpeddling on those previous engagement rumours.

Palace clears up mystery of Kate and Wills’ wedding

Royal sources firmly state that the rumour is not true, however.

“We have always made clear that there is no planning going on”, said one source.
Palace clears up mystery of Kate and Wills’ wedding | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com

Does this German duke know the couple personally or does he want attention and this is why he told the press that they were making wedding plans?

I think going back and for on engagement and marriage all these years is a waste of time. Prince William even said early on that he won't consider marriage until 28-30. I am going to wait for the announcement from the royal family. Prince William and Ms Middleton are out of the press because they want it that way.:ohmy:

I hope that they do marry, quite frankly. It seems like most everyone hopes that they marry. The press has more or less given Kate the title of de facto Fiancee in waiting as has been stated earlier. Everyone is playing a guessing game.

If they don't, then so be it.

Does this German duke know the couple personally or does he want attention and this is why he told the press that they were making wedding plans?
Duke Eduard is more or less recognised as Head of the Ducal House of Anhalt and is involved in German conservation issues. He met the POW at the Sustainability Awards in Berlin in 2009 but whether this puts him on the guest list for William's wedding is debatable. More questionable is why he would say anything in the first place.

Eduard from Anhalt is considered to be a "cousin" of Prince Charles but I believe he hasn´t seen Charles for years. He´s never invited to any weddings or other occasions since years. What he said that Kate gave William an ultimatum that says marry me or we split is for sure no knowledge of him being an insider because he simply isn´t an insider. And this yellow-press magazine is just the cheapest gossip. All those "insiders" like Seelmann-Eggebert, Eduard Anhalt or that blond, bald-headed redacteur from "die aktuelle" (who was interviewed at Victoria´s wedding) they are simply talking blah, blah. We all here in the forums are way better experts than them, believe me.

I hope that they do marry, quite frankly. It seems like most everyone hopes that they marry. The press has more or less given Kate the title of de facto Fiancee in waiting as has been stated earlier. Everyone is playing a guessing game.

If they don't, then so be it.

I am afraid the "most everyone" is not heard in my part of the world, in fact quite the opposite. The only place I have heard such enthusiasm for a Kate William engagement or marriage is here on TRF, in other places, actually in my part of England, it is very hard to hear anyone say they are enthusiastic about her, and on the whole most shake their heads and say "it will be the end of the monarchy".
Perhaps he will marry someone else but if she is expecting to marry him and he doesn´t it would be very cruel, but I have an idea that she has accepted the idea of being the eternal girlfriend and that someday it may end.

Eduard from Anhalt is considered to be a "cousin" of Prince Charles but I believe he hasn´t seen Charles for years. He´s never invited to any weddings or other occasions since years. What he said that Kate gave William an ultimatum that says marry me or we split is for sure no knowledge of him being an insider because he simply isn´t an insider. And this yellow-press magazine is just the cheapest gossip. All those "insiders" like Seelmann-Eggebert, Eduard Anhalt or that blond, bald-headed redacteur from "die aktuelle" (who was interviewed at Victoria´s wedding) they are simply talking blah, blah. We all here in the forums are way better experts than them, believe me.

Exactly, Stefanie. Whenever there's a headline regarding the BRF Eduard appears in TV shows and calls himself confidant of Prince Charles. I can't remember seeing them together for years, but I can remember Eduard talking about his financial problems. :D I've never taken him seriously and I highly doubt he knows something.

Wow...we're 100 pages in and still no news of an engagement.

Sorry to sound like a snob but Royalty should marry royalty. This would avoid all the misunderstandings and mistakes of marrying lower classes with less knowledge and background in how to behave in court circle. Marrying nobility is high risk (see case of Diana Spencer - but contrast the good example of Mathilde of Brabant). A commoner spouse can potentially be overwhelmed, subjugated and moulded into conformity (consider cases of Mary of Denmark, Laurentien Oranje-Nassau, Silvia Bernadotte - but contrast the case of Sarah Ferguson).

Isn't Albert of Monaco going to wed the first weekend of July2011? I don't see William planning his wedding for the EXACT same day....

Do you blame him? (I know, you don't, it just begged the response. :D )
Remember when Prince Charles was looking and he said something to the effect that he really had to choose wisely as his choice affected many things. Somebody help this old broad out and get the real quote in here. I think it's very telling and it seems that William is in the same predicament.

I remember that...Prince Charles told a group of journalists that he did not have the luxury of shacking up with a young lady(or words to that effect!) that he had to MARRY and get it right the first time.

This was the early 70's...Lord if he had only known....:ermm:

But William has had many years to errrr..."test drive"...and if he does not know by now if he wants to marry KM, then he probably will never know!

What about Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon?

Sorry to sound like a snob but Royalty should marry royalty. This would avoid all the misunderstandings and mistakes of marrying lower classes with less knowledge and background in how to behave in court circle.

Wow...we're 100 pages in and still no news of an engagement.
That's 100 pages so far for 2010. There's also the 111 pages for 2005-2008 plus another 101 pages of rumours and musings for 2009.

That's 100 pages so far for 2010. There's also the 111 pages for 2005-2008 plus another 101 pages of rumours and musings for 2009.

.... and I suspect there will bve a few huindred more before an engagement is actually announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom