William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well no one can deny there is some attraction there. Whether it is true love or not well who can tell, I may be wrong but there is a feeling I get when I look at the photos of them together that it is a case of "one loves and the other lets love".

Could also be "damn.. there's the press again"

As in ok.. ok.. here's the press.. lets not give 'em anything to gab abouts. A public face and a private face are two different things..

Actually the CCTV cam that was published shouldn't have been... but its out there

The usage of the CCTV was wrong and it was stated that they apologized

I heard from the news in German television, that William and Kate will announce their engagement in November 2010 and will marry in June 2011, because of Philipps Birthday.
Hope it´s true. We will see :)

I heard from the news in German television, that William and Kate will announce their engagement in November 2010 and will marry in June 2011, because of Philipps Birthday.
Hope it´s true.

You have to question the sources though.

It gets me though that the press would know more than the couple would want known.

Sheesh if I was Will and Kate..I'd do a friar bit and get married secretly. Romeo has his Juliet... and the problems that go with it. Wish the press would let them be.

Goodness if the press was right at any time announcing the "engagement" and wedding date....William and Kate will have celebrated their 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd and 1st wedding anniversaries by now.

At this point, I will believe it when I see it a ticker on MSNBC that Buckingham Palace (or rather Clarence House) is pleased to announce .....

Until then:cool:

For me they'd have to interrupt my alphabet channel.. y'know.. the LMN one. its one excuse I'd give them. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
SOOOO TRUE!!! The press is repeating the big news of William´s engagement since he left university. We´ll see.;)

Although I still hope that William will find someone better for the job than Waity-Katy, I believe it´s a done deal: one day they´ll get married. :sad:

I think it has to be next year with an engagement this winter or he will wait for some more years... It won´t be 2012 because royals don´t get married in years with jubilees and so many other engagements like Olympic Games. The summer 2012 is already full and I don´t think William will get married in winter.

I believe if William doesn´t get officially engaged to Kate around Christmas, he won´t get married before 2013...
Perhaps he really wants to wait until he has finished his military duties like William said once. But then Kate would have to wait much longer.:whistling:

Every year William's engagement is supposedly going to be announced. Hopefully it's soon though.

William and Kate made the front cover of Star magazine and Ok magazine and tonight Entertainment Tonight is doing a segment on their `` wedding day``

40239_10150241980355416_895605415_13889367_522644_n.jpg

35955_10150241770605416_895605415_13884573_7079706_n.jpg

William and Kate made the front cover of Star magazine and Ok magazine and tonight Entertainment Tonight is doing a segment on their `` wedding day``

This is wonderful! Obviously, it's a slow week in the news and the press has nothing better to do than make up stories. And we wonder why these two are taking lots of private time now and not getting married?! I certainly don't blame them- in fact, I think it's a brilliant move. When they do get engaged, they will never be left alone.

Since I´m quite bored meanwhile of that ongoing rumours whether they marry or not I don´t follow them that regularly any more but I have two questions to our fellow "experts" here in the forum:

1.Are there any reasons concerning William not being able to marry her because he simply is still on some kind of education and therefore has to wait to marry because he can´t make a living for them both?

2. Are there some family members of William who don´t want her as his wife and therefore he isn´t "allowed" to marry her?

Please someone give a summary what might be the reasons for that long waiting or else what are the other obstacles.

Thank you, Stefanie

As far as I know, there's no one stopping William from marrying Kate. What could be stopping him are the events coming up. In 2011, there's going to be celebrations for the 90th birthday of the Duke of Edinburgh. In 2012, there's the Olympics in London plus the Queen's 60th jubilee. All events are costly for taxpayers during a dismal global economy. If there were a wedding during these years, they would weigh heavily on taxpayers, and leave many disgruntled.

That is why so many believe William and Kate won't marry until 2013, which is such a long way off. But anything could happen.

I don´t think that Phillip´s birthday is a handicap. He might not even celebrate because he might feel too weak for a big party. Elizabeth herself didn´t celebrate her "round" birthdays for a couple of years now. (Except of the "Trooping the colour") And a birthday is only one day in the year or let´s say a few days. So there are lots of days left in 2011. German press announced today that they might get engaged in November and marry on June 10th!!! in 2011! I think they heard this nonsense from some british newspapers. I even believe that Phillip would be horrified by the imagination of spending his birthday at his grandson´s wedding because of that being a horrible exhausting event for this old man.

William and Kate made the cover of Hello Magazine Canada as well but then again nothing new there.

Since I´m quite bored meanwhile of that ongoing rumours whether they marry or not I don´t follow them that regularly any more but I have two questions to our fellow "experts" here in the forum:

1.Are there any reasons concerning William not being able to marry her because he simply is still on some kind of education and therefore has to wait to marry because he can´t make a living for them both?

William is a very wealthy man in his own right thanks to the death of his mother and his inheritance from her estate and thus he would already be earning enough to support her and his family.

Even when he does marry, if in the present reign, there won't be any new sources of income than what he already has - his own inheritance from Diana and whatever Charles gives him from the Duchy of Cornwall. He won't have any other source of income once he leave the army.

2. Are there some family members of William who don´t want her as his wife and therefore he isn´t "allowed" to marry her?

Generally the members of the family don't talk about private matters so we really don't have any idea about this but...we know that she has spent time with Charles e.g. shooting at Balmoral and that she has attended major events in William and his extended family's life where other members of the family have been present (graduation from Sandhurst and Peter's wedding to name two). No reports have come from those events of her being snubbed by someone or anything else.

Outside his race? Good luck trying to explain to the British their future queen is African or Asian or something else Society has advanced, but not that much, lets not push it we don't want to spark a republic movement!

Why not push it?? I don't see anything wrong with Harry marrying a black, Asian or Hispanic woman. I think he will do just that to tell you the truth. If his marrying outside his race is a problem then the British are simply racist and I don't think they are. If that's what Harry wants then thats what he wants. The British people will have to adapt. Like Russo said, society should be advanced to the point where it doesn't matter if Harry marries a martian!

Besides, I don't see anything wrong in marrying someone if your most recent common ancestor lived 200 years ago. Most people don't even know their 3rd cousins, let alone 8th or so.:ermm:

Black queen consort? That would be easy. How about explaining to the British people why their future monarch looks so different from them? A black King of the UK, a blue-eyed Emperor of Japan or a blond King of Tonga would, I am afraid, only alienate the people from the monarchies. There is a reason why the British Royal Family tried so hard to hide their German ancestry.

Most people do not know their ancestors, but royals do. Royals can trace their ancestors way back there. I love the idea of royals marrying commoners! I hope it'll always be like that.

What is wrong with a black queen consort????
As long as she adapts and does her job well I don't see the problem with it. So what if the future queen or princess of Britain doesn't look British! The Brits will just have to get used to it. It's 2010 for goodness sake...the country will not fall if theres a black or asian queen . If someone alienates themself from the monarchy then that's there problem...and that's racism. I feel sorry for the people like that. We're all human beings and we all should be accepted.

I should hope we have advanced as a society to where it doesn't matter anymore whether the bride is green from Mars as long as she comported herself regally (as Kitty said) and supported the King and served the country and the BRF that she represents.

Amen! Amen! Amen!
That's the God-honest truth.

That's exactly what I was trying to say, someone said he might marry out of his race and I think that would ruin the Monarchy.

I was the one who said he might marry outside his race.
I wouldn't be surprised if he does. I'm expecting that to happen actually. Marrying outside his race will not ruin the monarchy. It'll make it more diverse if anything. People thought a black president would ruin the U.S. but so far Barack Obama is doing just fine. The U.S. is not ruined. If marrying outside his race ruins the monarch then somethings wrong with Britain. We should be willing to accept all kinds of races.

That's what I like about Harry. He is not affected by "race". I think more people should be like him.

I heartily disagree. I can only think that whomever she is and whatever her color-- if she is up to the task and they are in love she will only ADD to the monarchy and not alienate it.
Do not forget HM rules many people of many colors and races. And PC wants to be Defender of Faith, not THE Faith. Many faiths.

Exactly!! I wholeheartedly agree.
The black princess or Asian, will add to the monarchy. She will most definitely spice it up. The monarchy needs some seasoning anyway.

I think the Brits better start getting used to the idea because Harry just might bring home a black princess.

I'm just curious. Has any European royalty dated a black or Asian woman?

Prince Joachim of Denmark was married to Alexandra Manley who is half Asian? Or she could be more...

Then there's Princess Angela of Liechtenstein. I forgot who she's married to, but she's a Latina/African-American woman who married a European prince.

Prince Joachim of Denmark was married to Alexandra Manley who is half Asian? Or she could be more...

Alexandra was born in Hong Kong, to a British Father and Austrian Mother.
Her father had a chinese mother.

Then there's Princess Angela of Liechtenstein. I forgot who she's married to, but she's a Latina/African-American woman who married a European prince.

Princess Angela married Prince Maximillian of Liechtenstein in 2000, she is the only black woman to marry into a reigning royal family.

What creative minds they have, all a pack of lies! Journalists will do anything to sell a newspaper. :bang: :bang:

Well, yeah. It's their job. lol But I agree, it is a lie. At this point, I don't know that Kate and William will ever get married. I'll be surprised if they do now...unless they're waiting until he's 30...

I love the idea of royals marrying royals. At least it makes family trees and weddings more interesting :)

Nothing is wrong with a black queen consort. However, a monarch who looks very differently than a vast majority of his people might cause some discontent. So could a blue-eyed Emperor of Japan or a blond King of Tonga.

"So what if the future queen or princess of Britain doesn't look British! The Brits will just have to get used to it." British people don't have to get used to a monarchy they dislike. There is always the R option.

Of course, we're all human beings and we all should be accepted. But every hereditary monarchy is based on inequality. I'm justing say that I doubt a son of Charles will marry outside his race. As someone said in the thread about giving succession rights to illegitimate children - 21st century might not yet be ready for that.

I myself couldn't care less who they marry, as long as she is a princess material. But then again, I think illegitimate children shouldn't be discriminated - and everyone seems to disagree with me when it comes to that.:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the days of royals marrying other royals is gone and probably for a good reason. The more they intermarry, the more genetic problems will occur. The term "blue blood" to mean royal really means something else medically. As science has progressed, more is now known about what happens with family intermarriage. Centuries ago, royals were aware that it was not good, hence the phrase " kissing cousin" came into being, meaning a cousin who was distant enough to be considered for marriage. I think today as in the past a royal bride must bring something to the marriage in terms of what would be good for the country. JMO

I read about the 2011 wedding, too William will be 29 I think they will pick the 29th of June or July you know to make that bling-bling Maybe we'll also see 29 songs written for the wedding, 29 bridesmaids, 29 Kings and Queens attending or 29 kisses in front of the cameras Should be fun And very romantic

I'm reading that they broke up.
Kate is supposedly cheating on Will.

Where are are you reading this??
Proof, please....

I'm reading that they broke up.
Kate is supposedly cheating on Will.

This was an old story ran like a week ago.... in the rubbish rags...now they are saying that an announcement will come in NOV with a JUNE or JULY wedding...Alll Rubbish but let just think one day some one will have it right if they keep guessing. Unless of course they don't ever marry.:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom