William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how I've always viewed it as well. Victoria and Daniel were together 8 years before they finally married. What I've always found puzzling is the notion that since William and Kate have been together for so long, the fact they aren't married yet means they won't get married at all. Considering that if they do in fact get married, they will be the King and Queen of England....you'd think the decision to marry would be taken soberly and with careful forethought. They aren't just going to be life partners and parents, they will be the rulers of England the parents of the future King or Queen. Also taking into consideration the fact that his parents, his aunt and one of his uncles divorced....he may not want to rush into something that has such long-reaching consequences.

A long relationship didn't destroy Victoria and Daniel, so why are people so quick to assume it will in Kate and William's case?

I assume you mean that they will be the King and Queen of Great Britain - or do you know something about the breakup of the UK that the rest of us don't?

Actually two of his uncles are divorced (Uncle Charles - Diana's brother is twice divorced). His family on both sides don't have a good track record over the last two generations with his materal grandparents also divorcing. He has one uncle and two aunts who are still married to their first spouses and one set of grandparents. Of his parents' other sibling two uncles and one aunt divorced. About a 50% staying married rate with 6/12 marriages of grandparents and parents' siblings marriages lasting.

No news, just wishing I had an invitation to lunch with them!! hee hee

The reports were of them doing grocery shopping and there have also been reports of them setting up house there. You don't go grocery shopping with a weekend visitor. You spend that time doing more romantic things. William has been training during the week so she hasn't been seen with him but that then do the grocery shopping together - shows a living together relationship to me.

No, it doesn't. In fact, rather the opposite, I think. If she was there during the week, there would be reports of her grocery shopping alone since William works during the week. But, rather, he's busy during the week and doesn't always get to the store, so the larder's empty by the time she arrives Friday afternoon/evening, hence they go shopping together for the weekend. It's the same routine my niece and I have down to a science when she visits me 2-3 weekends a month.

Unless it comes from Clarence House or Buckingham Palace there's not much to take seriously when it comes to William and Kate.

I assume you mean that they will be the King and Queen of Great Britain - or do you know something about the breakup of the UK that the rest of us don't?

Of course that's what I mean. I'm not stupid.

For the record Kate has a job but as we all saw it was hard for her to even peruse her career choice I mean the papz waited outside Jigsaw everyday while she worked there. As it was said this was it was easier to protect her, plus I work for my family and I see nothing wrong with it. I've always thought about it and I think the day they announce an engagement I will jump up and down in joy for a good week. Also I can't imagine how weird it'll be on his wedding day with Diana not there I mean I know it's something that's a bit redundant but I think that will be one of the few events where it will be painfully obvious. Also trust me for the life of me I can defend both of these two to death but after seeing Victoria and Daniel's wedding I wish we could see the love between these two it's not that I'm not convinced but sometimes you need to see it to believe it and to feel content about it if you get what I mean not sure if I worded it correctly.

Of course that's what I mean. I'm not stupid.

I never said you were (stupid I mean) - which is why I asked if you knew something we don't know about the break-up of the UK?

I am sorry if you thought I meant that you were stupid. I was commenting on the referral to them as King and Queen of England rather than Great Britain - it is a pet peeve of mine by the way.

I doubt that either one of you are stupid. It is obvious that you are not.
This thread is just getting booo-ring, imho.

No, it doesn't. In fact, rather the opposite, I think. If she was there during the week, there would be reports of her grocery shopping alone since William works during the week. But, rather, he's busy during the week and doesn't always get to the store, so the larder's empty by the time she arrives Friday afternoon/evening, hence they go shopping together for the weekend. It's the same routine my niece and I have down to a science when she visits me 2-3 weekends a month.

We will have to agree to disagree.

A young couple who only see each other at the weekend aren't really going to spend their time doing grocery shopping whereas a couple who live together could easily spend that time together as they wish to make mutually agreed decisions about the shopping rather than only have one do it.

I agree with you.
I don't get the logic of Iluvbertie. Also, let's get real: a spot of grocery shopping is what? 30 mins tops. I fail to see how that would gravely intrude on their 'romance time' :lol:.

We will have to agree to disagree.

A young couple who only see each other at the weekend aren't really going to spend their time doing grocery shopping whereas a couple who live together could easily spend that time together as they wish to make mutually agreed decisions about the shopping rather than only have one do it.

I actually know a couple who mostly only spends time together on weekends, and I know for a fact that almost every weekend...they go grocery shopping together. :flowers: So I'm not sure that William and Kate grocery shopping together is a sign that they're living together...although I wouldn't be surprised if they were.

Also trust me for the life of me I can defend both of these two to death but after seeing Victoria and Daniel's wedding I wish we could see the love between these two it's not that I'm not convinced but sometimes you need to see it to believe it and to feel content about it if you get what I mean not sure if I worded it correctly.

I know what you're saying, because I've felt that way about William and Kate as a couple for a long time. Seeing Victoria and Daniel together is a delight because their love for each other is obvious--and I say that even though I find Daniel to be more subdued than Victoria. I could be mildly interested in the endless rumours of William and Kate's upcoming nuptials if I actually "felt the love" between them.

Speaking of which, yesterday I was in the grocery store and saw two different tabloids with two different headlines: one was that Kate was pregnant and one said that William was eloping/had eloped. Maybe they were two different takes on the same (non-existent) story. :lol:

I agree with you.
I don't get the logic of Iluvbertie. Also, let's get real: a spot of grocery shopping is what? 30 mins tops. I fail to see how that would gravely intrude on their 'romance time' :lol:.

I would love to be able to do my grocery shopping in 30 minutes tops. It usually takes me over an hour and that is when I am shopping just for myself, when shopping for my family I takes even longer.

Chelsy Davy tells Prince Harry she pines for home | Mail Online

This article also says ...
William is kicking himself for saying he wants to wait until 28 to get married and he was a little bit drunk at the time he said it.

He now just wants to concentrate on his career.

Does this mean NO wedding next year then??

Here is the long quote.

During a ski holiday ago five years ago William, who turns 28 today, admitted that he didn't want to get married until he was '28 or even 30'.
Now he is said to have told friends: 'I was young, I'd had a few drinks... what can I say? I wish I had kept my big mouth shut!'
Sources say the prince is 'deeply committed' to Kate Middleton, who he has been dating for almost eight years, but is determined to concentrate on his career as an RAF search and rescue pilot for the foreseeable future.

Yesterday in The Mail on Sunday Katie Nicholl revealed Middleton has been busy preparing to move in with Prince William at his home in North Wales, where he is training to be a helicopter pilot - sparking rumours that the couple may soon announce wedding plans.

So he said the famous quote by accident, just like his father did and now he regrets it because the paps think he will get married within the next two years.
He says he wants to concentrate on training etc that finishes in 2013/14?
We won't see a wedding till then, that is if of course, Kate sticks around.

A couple who have been together for 8 years are not going to stop eating for a weekend to have more "together time".
I agree with both Idriel and rrmay, who could think that Prince William and lady in waiting Kate could be madly in love after seeing the look that CP Victoria had for her Daniel.
Now that is unmistakeably love. The body language I see when Prince William and his girlfriend together is that of a long married couple who are slightly bored with each other but it is convenient to stay together, each for his own reasons.
Whatever the outcome, Prince William will come out of it well but I think it will be a tragedy for Kate and her family if things don´t work out the way they want them to.
On the other hand quite a few people in Britain will let out a sigh of relief.

A couple who have been together for 8 years are not going to stop eating for a weekend to have more "together time".
Whatever the outcome, Prince William will come out of it well but I think it will be a tragedy for Kate and her family if things don´t work out the way they want them to.

Depends what kinda weekend it was. ;)
I think it would be a tragedy for Carol, as she will no longer be the Kingsd Mother-in-law. But a romantic tragedy for Kate, because she must really love William after all that they have been through, and to have gone through the ringer with his family and the press and then to have nothing but pictures and memories to show for it. Thats possible, real heartbreak.

Allright, Willy just turned 28 and isn't married yet. Perhaps he said 38 and got lost in translation??! :p What do you think?

Allright, Willy just turned 28 and isn't married yet. Perhaps he said 38 and got lost in translation??! :p What do you think?

No loss of translation.

He was at a bar and made an offhand comment five years ago about an age at which he thought it would be good to get married and now that he has reached that age he isn't. Simple.

I don't think he will marry for another 7 or 8 years actually - even longer if he can get away with it.

If either Harry or Beatrice or Eugenie marries in that time and has a child I could see William not marrying at all actually. I don't think he would want to put any woman in the position in which his mother was placed and will put that day off as long as possible.

If either Harry or Beatrice or Eugenie marries in that time and has a child I could see William not marrying at all actually. I don't think he would want to put any woman in the position in which his mother was placed and will put that day off as long as possible.

There are always two sides to a coin, perhaps he doesn´t want to be put in the position his mother put his father in either. :ermm:

Hi I'm a newbie here, bit living in the UK can I say that up to my time of posting (14.52 UK time ) there has been no engagement announcement between William and Kate. This is usually announced by the BBC on a 11.00 hrs news bulliten.

If they do decide to get married which church do you think they would pick? St Paul's or Westminster Abbey? I think it's a hard decision the Abbey has more history for the royal family but holds less guests and has a not so magnificent entrance, in comparison to St. Paul's which has wonderful steps & portico, and hold's more guests. I think if they marry in the Abbey people would also think he wedding wouldn't be as good as if it was in St. Paul's... That's just my opinion though.

Hi I'm a newbie here, bit living in the UK can I say that up to my time of posting (14.52 UK time ) there has been no engagement announcement between William and Kate. This is usually announced by the BBC on a 11.00 hrs news bulliten.

There won't be an announcement, because he is not engaged.

If they do decide to get married which church do you think they would pick? St Paul's or Westminster Abbey? I think it's a hard decision the Abbey has more history for the royal family but holds less guests and has a not so magnificent entrance, in comparison to St. Paul's which has wonderful steps & portico, and hold's more guests. I think if they marry in the Abbey people would also think he wedding wouldn't be as good as if it was in St. Paul's... That's just my opinion though.

We're going in to a guessing realm.
Personally I think St Pauls. But also i don't think we should talk like this just yet. :) The press do enough of that.

This guy is not getting married any time soon. The only thing on William's mind is his career. That will come first with him and Kate knows it.

She will either have to wait it out for as long as HE wants or MOVE ON!

This guy is not getting married any time soon. The only thing on William's mind is his career. That will come first with him and Kate knows it.

She will either have to wait it out for as long as HE wants or MOVE ON!

We do not know for sure if that is the way it actually is.
Yes William apparently has his mind on his career, but if he wanted to get married, i'm sure he would take some time off to get married.

For all we know it could be Kate, that is the one who does not want to get married yet and HE is the one waiting for her.

For all we know it could be Kate, that is the one who does not want to get married yet and HE is the one waiting for her.

My guess it is Carole, she doesn´t want her daughter to be Queen and all the bother of going to all those royal occasions. :lol:

It's friends with benefits until they want kids IMO otherwise Kate could end up being like Diana, hounded to death by the press.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom