William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Statistics are always fun to watch, but William has his own life. Why remaining single all his life because of the family statistics? ;)

Exactly. William is completely different to his aunts, uncles, and I think he has learnt from his father. William isn't married, because he obviously doesn't want to be.

I really don´t think that William is going to marry Kate, I believe he will marry someone who his family find more suitable at a later date, as a man he has much more time for this. I believe that Kate knows this and has come to the conclusion she is agreeable to this situation as are her parents.
As far as the argument that Felipe only married in his mid 30´s, he wanted to get married several times before he met and demanded to marry Letizia but the young ladies in question, rightly or wrongly were not deemed appropriate and he gave up.

First, I hope you are right. I'd rather that he wait and, I would be thrilled if he would not marry Kate. But I don't say this because there is something wrong with Kate. I don't see anything unsuitable about her. She seems perfectly good enough to marry into the royal family -- as good as any of the other royal brides of recent times. I just dislike the idea of him marrying her, and soon. I would like to see him wait until a time in his 30s.

Maybe he won't marry at all. I have a hunch, though, that he will eventually find someone and find a time at which he is ready to be married. It is only a question of time. I think it will happen, and think also, and hope, it won't be soon.

:previous: I would agree with your sentiments there. If William had fallen madly in love I think we would know it. Parallel his dating Kate with CP Victoria and Daniel, there just seems to be a total lack of chemistry. Admittedly Victoria and Daniel did not have parental permission until last year but there seems to be a lack of any charisma or whatever between William and Kate and, to be honest, they could both do with practicing their smiles in front of a mirror.

All in all the couple come accross as worthy, staid and quite frankly, boring. Love is none of these things. :ermm:

I really don´t think that William is going to marry Kate, I believe he will marry someone who his family find more suitable at a later date, as a man he has much more time for this. I believe that Kate knows this and has come to the conclusion she is agreeable to this situation as are her parents.
As far as the argument that Felipe only married in his mid 30´s, he wanted to get married several times before he met and demanded to marry Letizia but the young ladies in question, rightly or wrongly were not deemed appropriate and he gave up.

I don't think that William will base his choice of a bride either on the track records of his relatives or who the rest of the family finds the most suitable for him. I think right now both William and Kate are very comfortable and secure in their relationship with each other. I think too that one reason we don't see them being overly demonstrative in public or in pictures is that they've learned at Will's grandmother's knee that when one is in the public eye, one acts discreet and with decorum fitting a royal.

So much mention of the influence of William's parent's divorce being a reason to put off marriage (along with his other relatives) but we have to remember too he's witnessed successful and loving unions such as his father with Camilla and his beloved granny and Prince Phillip. I've read often times of how close he is with the Queen and I think that influence is a major factor in how William thinks and makes decisions.

^^
Maybe this is a bit off topic but I thought that Q. E II and PP didn't have such a happy marriage?

On the other hand I agree with Marg there is no chemistry between the two and I doubt that they are going to announce an engagement soon. If they are dating when they are in their thirties maybe, but now it's too soon imo.

Oh no, Meliba. I think Elizabeth II and PP have a very happy marriage. Look trough pic´s over the last 61 years you see often see a big smile between the two.
Sorry my bad english!

^^
Maybe this is a bit off topic but I thought that Q. E II and PP didn't have such a happy marriage?

To be honest, I've really not read or heard a lot of surmising on how happy their marriage is/was over the years but they are still together. I imagine that as with most couples that have remained together for a long period of time, they've have their up and down periods and a few "I love you but I don't like you much right now" days as anyone else would have.

The point of bringing up their marriage that has spanned decades was to show that their private relationship was just that and kept behind closed doors. This is what has been passed down to William in his relationship with Kate.

Shouldn't that be don't? They are still in the marraige. ;)
I have heard that had ups and downs early on because of Phillips wild ways, but after Malta I think they were fine.

Just because the pictures show smiles, does not mean they are always happy.

But imo we cannot have as an example the marriages of the last generation of king&queens as most of them kept married because of duty. That they are still married doesn't mean that they have a loving relationship but that they cannot get a divorce.

Imo when he marries it will be for forever, no divorce at all. So he will have to marry someone who knows the score not someone like Diana.

I love how so many people here can claim that William and Kate don't love each other. I'm curious as to how so many of you came to that determination when you don't know them, don't live with them, don't spend any time with them and only see photos of them the paparazzi snaps. I mean, would you like them to be constantly groping each other and making out in front of cameras to assure you they love each other?

:previous:
The same could be said of you, you can only judge by what you have seen in photographs and have come to the conclusion that other observers are wrong.
If he was madly in love with her he would have followed his father´s example and said that Kate was non negotiable.
He seems to be perfectly satisfied with the status quo, and so does she, and her parents don´t seem to mind, so why not? They don´t have to get married, someday Prince William will have to marry if he wants his line to continue as Kings of England, but he has a brother, just as his grand-uncle David had.
The Duke of Windsor paid dearly to have his own way and I must say, also judging from photographs, notwithstanding he didn´t look as if he was a very happy man at all.

Can I just point out that my use of the statistics was to show that William's nearest and dearest do seem to have a higher divorce rate and failed marriage than would seem normal and he has to be aware of that? He knows that he has to get it right and therefore needs to make sure before committing himself to a woman for 60 or so years. The fact that his relatives get it wrong is something he has lived with and seen the breakdowns, one very painfully. It must be something that has gone through his head at some time. It certainly won't be a deciding factor but it will be there - is she right for me and for this job, because whomever he marries will not only be gaining a husband but a job for life, a job she can't retire from and he has to know she has the staying power to commit to a job that she does until the grave? With the families' track records he also knows that things can go wrong.

As for Elizabeth and Philip the main so called trouble came in the late 50, long after Malta when there were reports of a split but they were denied and when Philip returned from his very long world trip Elizabeth met him in Lisbon and not long afterwards Andrew was conceived. I think this is a true love match and she has never loved anyone else but he most certainly sowed his wild oats in his early 20s (he was in Sydney at times during the war years and my mother, who was the right age, told me some stories that went the rounds then about a different girl each night etc). They still look at each other with love, something only Charles and Camilla seem to do amongst modern royals.

I was simply trying to add another reason for William's caution not trying to say he wouldn't marry at all as a result - although I still suspect that he mightn't marry at all - particularly if Harry or one of the York girls marries and has a child then he knows that the succession is secure into the next generation and will free him from that burden.

I love how so many people here can claim that William and Kate don't love each other. I'm curious as to how so many of you came to that determination when you don't know them, don't live with them, don't spend any time with them and only see photos of them the paparazzi snaps. I mean, would you like them to be constantly groping each other and making out in front of cameras to assure you they love each other?

Everyone has the right to an opinion on how they feel about the couple. Some people have the opinion that they do not love each other, that is speculation and their right to have that opinion.
I say quite frequently that I do not think Kate is the one, i do not know that, I don't claim it because I do not know them, it is just my opinion.

Isn't this the week everything is supposed to happen? We'll see if Tina was on point. Anyway, TRF could use a nice distraction right after Fergie's interview tomorrow...LOL

Oh Indeed it could, Zembia! It is getting quite boring, IMHO....

Isn't this the week everything is supposed to happen? We'll see if Tina was on point. Anyway, TRF could use a nice distraction right after Fergie's interview tomorrow...LOL

This will be an interesting week in royal watching. Quite agree zembla.:flowers:

William is a mature adult and if he didn't want to marry Kate he wouldn't be playing games with her and dating her for 8 years only to brake up with her, That doesn't mean they will marry, things happen, but I think it is his intention to marry her.

Well, I look forward to an engagement announcement between WIlliam and Kate this week and if it doesn't happen, hopefully this Tina character will have a suitable explanation!

I remember reading a story about the false engagement announcement involving Prince Charles and Princess Marie-Astrid of Luxembourg in 1976. The story was floated in order to find out who was leaking confidential royal stories to the papers. I've wondered whether the same is true with the Tina Brown story--if a person suspected of being a "mole" was around conveniently to overhear false information. Ms. Brown seemed to be so definite about the story that it must have come from a very good source. But we'll see this week whether the prediction comes true or not.;)

Well, I look forward to an engagement announcement between WIlliam and Kate this week and if it doesn't happen, hopefully this Tina character will have a suitable explanation!

I know that she said that the diaries have been cleared so that there can be an announcement on either the 3rd or 4th (although senior royals and William have engagement on either or both days so the dates obviously weren't blacked out) but ...

did she say it was in 2010 or did she leave the year out?

I know that most of you will think 'What is Iluvbertie on about' but...what if the planned date is 2012 but Brown only heard the dates and not the year she might be partly right - just not yet.

You have a point there Iluvbertie.
I presumed it was this year because in her Daily Beast article she mentions this year election.

Iluvbertie, I understood your point regarding the statistics of the family. It was clear - I just wanted to continue the discussion. :flowers:

You have a point there Iluvbertie.
I presumed it was this year because in her Daily Beast article she mentions this year election.

I couldn't remember the actual article which is why I asked sort of? Along with the idea that if it was announced on 3rd/4th June is say 2013 she could come back and say 'I was right - I never stated the year - just the dates...:lol:" but due to the way the article is worded she does obviously mean this week - either Thursday or Friday.

I love Tina Brown. Not only because she wrote the only Diana book worth reading. But just see what's she done now? She knows what she's doing. Even the cynics, "could it be?" She's got me going, "No way; ain't gonna happen..... or, hmm, well, stranger things have happened...I think!" :lol: It's almost as bad as those gambling sites with their odds on William & Kate. :whistling:

The Spencer tiara has been used far too much after Diana, as the Earl is on his what 3rd wife??? Plus I have to agree Kate has no business wearing that tiara as she might be marring a Windsor ...by name. and a Spencer by blood as well I feel ..if she has to wear some token of Diana maybe a piece of jewlery or a pin for the wedding day ...I still say they should open vault and pick something that has not been seen on at least this Queen or the Queen mother

http://www.royalexhibitions.co.uk/i...08-Queen-Mary's-honeysuckle-diamond-tiara.jpg

Honeysuckle tiara owned by Queen Mary..... sorry my first pic did not show up....

Just a small correction - the Honeysuckle tiara is owned by the Gloucesters - so no way here.

If you can't, you could explain what is on them that gave you a not-so-good impression of Kate. Maybe one of us has seen the video? :flowers:

It's not that I don't like her. It's just that in the videos I didn't like her attitude. I watched the videos over a year ago so I don't really remember them word for word:bang:. But I remember wondering if she really loves William for William and if she's genuinely a nice person:flowers:. She may be a saint, but I don't think she's the one for him. I don't know why, I just do.

William is a mature adult and if he didn't want to marry Kate he wouldn't be playing games with her and dating her for 8 years only to brake up with her, That doesn't mean they will marry, things happen, but I think it is his intention to marry her.

How comforting to know that mature adult men do not play games with women and would never string one along for 8 years. I hope that Dr Phil reads this.
I believe that William finds it very comforting to have a very attractive young lady hanging on his arm when he goes clubbing or on holiday and how this makes him the envy of his friends. Marriage? Something quite separate. But of course it is only a few days to THE day the announcement is to be made, so we haven´t that long to wait to see if Tina Brown is right or wrong. :ermm:

Well the moment of truth is in 2 days. Tomorrow is the 3rd. Hold your breaths! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom