William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that William will never marry Kate. I don't think that Kate is not appropriate but William is net ready to marry anyone yet. Their relationship may end up the same way as Carl Philip of Sweden and Emma's one: long time together and then sudden brake up.
I think it will take a few more years for William to marry someone.

Cant really explain why but for some reason, I have exactly the same feeling.

Last edited by a moderator:
so do i...maybe because its gone too long, the graph touched its peak and is now going down, in my opinion

:previous:
While I hope that you are wrong, this has happened a few times before they may end there relationship at anytime and then he may meet someone new and be engaged in a month or so and that will be it. Who knows we will just have to wait and see.....I would hope that they just announce an engagement soon but, it seems they are perfectly happy for now.

this has happened a few times before with other princes? is that who you are referring to?

this has happened a few times before with other princes? is that who you are referring to?

Yes, that is exactly what I was referring too...look at Camilla and Charles, Andrew and Koo Stark just for two examples. although the first ended up together in the long run it caused life long drama and hurt too alot of people....:ermm:

While I don't like Kate and I'd rather William broke up with her in the longterm. I do think they'll marry at some point. I'd just wish William would wake up and find some one who has a stronGer work ethic. The British Royal family works hard for their country and the fact the Kate seem contented hanging around waiting makes her an unfortnunate choice for the future King (she will be expected to carry a heavy load of public engagements). I think William is in love and happy with Kate...and on that note I wish them the best. I'm just disappointed that he's not more discerning in his choice. But love is blind.

Last edited:
I think it is too soon to judge Kate, I think she may or maynot be working for her parents company. At this point we just don't know and she has attempeted her bits at charity work, just to be put down for her outfit or that fact of whom bought the tables at her charity dinner...she is damned if she does and damned if she don't... If I were Kate and had parents with money and in her possition, I fear I may take the same road...I just wish she would do more charity events although she owes us nothing untill the ring is on her finger...IMO

If I were Kate and had parents with money and in her possition, I fear I may take the same road...I just wish she would do more charity events although she owes us nothing untill the ring is on her finger...IMO

Agreed. Plus, if she really will be Williams bride (and to me it looks like that, though I think it will take another few years until an engagement will come) she'll have a busy enough life - so why shouldn't she enjoy her last 'free' years?

I'd hope if I had those privileges I would understand how blessed I am and use my gift (good health, wealth) to help others. And the fact that she doesn't seem to understand those things is a reflection of how she was parented. Understand that you are not alone in the world and that others need sympathy and help doesn't have to be a burning passion of ones life but does reflect empathy and compassion which I've yet to see from Kate other the past 7 years or so. It says alot about her if she's "waiting" to be a princess before she steps into doing some worthwhile like charity. And if not charity why not challenge oneself to the workworld away from the security of her parents' money? JMO

I'd hope if I had those privileges I would understand how blessed I am...
Not to cross points with you but what makes you think that Kate dose not understand how blessed she is? I also think that we don't know enough information on the Middletons to say what kind of parenting she had, What we do know is that she had two parents that fought and worked hard to make a millon dollar business for their family ...sent their 3 kids to great schools and tought/teaching them to run a business. she has been involved in charity work more then once and on all accounts she was critized. Lets not forget that William has asked her to keep a very low profile and not to draw attention to herself. Also on the count of the security of her parents... What other security does she have? Untill she in offically engaged William or CH can not offer her any real security unless she is with William. If they marry lets see what Kate does with the backing of the Royal Family behind her and then take the time to rate just how mcuh compassion and sympathy she shows in her charity work and what she will do for others...and lets remember she is a private person as of now.

not so

Really?
I always assumed it would be the other way around.
That people who had lived together, who knew each other would last longer. :)
Yes, you would think that would be the case but in my experience and from stories I've heard that no matter how long you live together before the marriage people still change once they've said "I do".:D

Not to cross points with you but what makes you think that Kate dose not understand how blessed she is?...
Exactly my point, why does it take marriage to William for her volunteer for something, do something. Does it really show empathy or compassion to wait until its ones job to be charitable. By security, I mean the security of working for her parents' company, not challenging ones ability to sink or swim by ones own devices. And yes she's a private person but she's been in the public eye for 7 yrs now. To me its speaks to character. But as I said, I wish them all the best. I'm just not a fan.

For me - and maybe I'm the only one - the fact that Kate is 28 already is an issue...
Russo is 44 and has many, many friends who BEGAN producing their first children when they were 40. Not something Russo would EVER do or recommend, just that it CAN be done.

CHRISTOPHER WILSON: She wears Diana's tiara. Her brother bakes the cake. So what would Kate and Wills' Big Day really be like? | Mail Online

In the very loooooong list of stupid and useless articles in the D... Mail 's history, this one is without doubt taking the cake...:bang:

I think the reason he will marry her is because she has been around so long, he seems to have issues with trust, from everything that has been written about him. And through everything, Kate has never publicly betrayed him or privately (we can surmise)...afterall, he did go back to her quite quickly. He probably realized it would take him more time than he has to meet someone all over again and build that trust.

For all we know, Kate could be making private donations to charity. There's more than one way to help a charity, one that doesn't include making public appearances. The point you make is a good one Lady Ann: whenever Kate made a charity appearance in her own right, she was widely criticised for it.

People who work in a family business often work harder than regular employees, because they have a direct investment in the company. We don't have any reason to think that Kate doesn't work for her parents. However, whenever she shows up on her parents' website, she's criticized for that.

Somehow I (personally) doubt that Katie ever gives $$money$$ to charity......where would she get the money----she doesn't work and is totally supported by her parents, they (and probably William) pay for everything -- including her nails,makeup,hair,waxing,apartment,clothes,gas, she does nothing to pay for her lifesytle....
If she dontates anything --someone else paid for it

I, for one, will believe the truth of these rumours only when there is an actual Official Announcement !!

Exactly my point, why does it take marriage to William for her volunteer for something, do something. Does it really show empathy or compassion to wait until its ones job to be charitable. By security, I mean the security of working for her parents' company, not challenging ones ability to sink or swim by ones own devices. And yes she's a private person but she's been in the public eye for 7 yrs now. To me its speaks to character. But as I said, I wish them all the best. I'm just not a fan.

How many jobs do you know who want to put up with the paps out side waiting for an emoplyee to show up for work. How do we know what she is doing for her parents company is not challenging her ability. How do we know that William has not asked her to stay with her parents company so she is not out in London to often? My point is we just don't know!!!I own a small cafe and my daughter helps out and works for us, sure she could go and get work else where but we can give her what ever hrs she wants and she has the freedom to be hard working in a busness she may one day own. Mind you my daugher is much younger.....Of course of Kate marries william she will not need this job forever but, I don't blame her one little bit for staying there for both your point and mine of security. Her parents company is envovled with a childrens charity that Kate has been said to be envolved with. if your getting at a point which I hate to bring up(Diana was not envolved in charity work untill she was princess of wales). yes she and other princess may have had more estabilished careers but my point is one can be very involved with a family owned company. Often you have to work harder because your furture and the furture of your family depends on it...These are my opinions may you keep your own...:D

Last edited:
Somehow I (personally) doubt that Katie ever gives $$money$$ to charity......where would she get the money----she doesn't work and is totally supported by her parents, they (and probably William) pay for everything -- including her nails,makeup,hair,waxing,apartment,clothes,gas, she does nothing to pay for her lifesytle....
If she dontates anything --someone else paid for it

I thought I read somewhere that all the monies Kate will win/won from that lawsuit was/will be donated to a charity....:ermm:
http://www.britishroyals.info/?p=966

Surely her parents pay her. Otherwise, it's slave labour--even if she is their daughter.

Diana did community work when she was in school. The students used to spend time at an institution nearby where they had the opportunity to work with disabled people. Her particular gift with people was noticed even then.

I absolutely agree with you, LadyAnn, about working for a family company. People who work in a family business are huge stake-holders.

(Diana was not envolved in charity work untill she was princess of wales). yes she and other princess may have had more estabilished careers but my point is one can be very involved with a family owned company. Often you have to work harder because your furture and the furture of your family depends on it...These are my opinions may you keep your own...:D

The cake made by James, perhaps?;)

I think that it's a piece of satire and not meant to be taken literally. It's like the writer took all the rumours about Kate and her family and spun them out to ludicrous lengths.

In the very loooooong list of stupid and useless articles in the D... Mail 's history, this one is without doubt taking the cake...:bang:

When someone invests money he/she expects interest or dividends. There is one thing that money can´t buy and that is noble or even more than that, royal ancestors, you have them or you don´t. In England this means much more than it does in some other countries and I think that Kate´s mother, especially, finds all money spent furthering her daughter´s cause well spent. Remember it also furthers her other childrens´futures too.

They are investing in the hope, which may or may not come to be, of having their grandchildren on the throne of England. It is a gamble, but the prize, as in a tombola is there for all to see and very very attractive.
For all the romantics out there and especially on TRF I often wonder what the word unsuitable means to them. If it is enough to be pretty and willing to be a doormat, well Kate is definitely suitable. If anyone is upset at this I recommend that they read the comments from the so called "common" people of the UK in the daily newspapers whenever there is an article about the Middletons.

Thankfully the views of the "common" people of the UK are not defined by the tabloids, nor are we all acccountable to the Court of the Daily Mail!

Most parents "gamble" on their childrens future by investing in their education, upbringing and giving them the right values, in the hope that the children will use these "assets" to make something of their lives. I am sure the Middletons are no different from any other parents in that.

Its always easy to paint a caricature of Kate as Waity-Katie or as a doormat, and of Carole Middleton as the eageer social climber, without trying to put oneself in their shoes. We know very little of what Kate does, or what sort of individual she actually is. On that basis, its difficult for the public and large to decide whether she is suitable or not. The people best placed to make that judgement are probably William, Charles, Camilla and the Queen and Philip. If the relationship did not have their blessing and if they did not think Kate suitable, this relationship, IMO, would not have been allowed to get this far.

Of course most parents want the best for their children,but you must admit not many want to obtain a throne for them but that is beside the point.
So the best people to judge are William, Charles, Camilla and the Queen and Philip. If the relationship did not have their blessing and they did not think Kate suitable the relationship would have have been alowed to get this far. How far do you think this relationship has gone in all these years? It doesn´t seem to have gone very far as far as I can see. She is quite suitable to go on holidays and to run when beckoned but I haven´t seen her being invited to anywhere of note. The weddings? well she was invited because William wanted her to be or she was a friend of the bride or groom that is NOt official recognition by the royal family as a suitable future Queen.
As far as the Daily Mail and other tabloids, perhaps not everyone reads them, I don´t except when something interests me, and the comments do interest me as it shows the declining respect that the common people, who do read these papers, are showing for the royal family and that is a shame.

Diana did community work when she was in school. The students used to spend time at an institution nearby where they had the opportunity to work with disabled people. Her particular gift with people was noticed even then.

I absolutely agree with you, LadyAnn, about working for a family company. People who work in a family business are huge stake-holders.

I was talking about the time were Daina dated the POW and was Engaged. Community work is one thing, We don't know if Kate every did any community work in High School. I think ( jmo) the charity work that is being spoken of ( and correct me if Im wrong) is of a much higher status then High School community service.... Diana was a very gifted person in this and can not be compared to many in my opinion. I think it is hard for Kate, William's mother and father dated and married inside such a short stint of time...I wonder sometimes if they had dated as long as Kate and Willliam would they have married at all...:flowers:

I do agree with all the posters that I would like to see Kate do more charity work, but as I pointed out earlier I dont blame her for not because she was critized so harshly by the press and peoples opinions when she did!

As far as the Daily Mail and other tabloids, perhaps not everyone reads them, I don´t except when something interests me, and the comments do interest me as it shows the declining respect that the common people, who do read these papers, are showing for the royal family and that is a shame.

I have to disagree.... not everyone may go out and buy these papers but. most will pick it up in the check out line and at least everyone on here at some point opens the links that have been posted...come on Wisteria I cant beleive you are not gullity of this as well... and not to things that just grab your intrest..this is a slang of history and furture events of course but so fun to read. How else would we have these little tiffs on here...:whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom