William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see a marriage before the London Olympics and partly because of the costs of the Olympics on top of everything else but also mainly because I don't see William wanting to marry at all until he finishes his full time military service and that I think takes him to about 2012 - Olympic and Jubilee Year so a royal marriage is out that year.

If he's going to marry Kate, I doubt they will wait that long.

My guess is still summer 2010. He will be finished with his SAR training right about then, and that would put both of them at 28. He'll have a short interim period in summer 2010, and then he'll begin his full-time SAR job. I think they'll marry in that interim and then move together to live as a married couple on whatever military base William's posted to.

I think the wedding will be quite a bit smaller than '81 -- but I wonder if a slightly scaled-down '86 isn't actually something more like what we'll see. A wedding at Westminster Abbey means the drive back to Buckingham Palace would be much shorter and would require less security. The Abbey is more than grand enough for the wedding of the second-in-line to the throne, but it's not as massive as St. Paul's. They could economize in little ways along the way -- with the opulence of the dress, the music, the flowers, etc.

Anyway, that's what I see reflected in my magical crystal ball. I think 2010 will be like 2004 -- a double royal-wedding summer. :)

You may very well be right but I don't think the RF would like to have Kate launched on her life as a royal wife while her husband couldn't support her.

That is a major reason why I don't see him marrying before he has finished with the SAR. They would be able to start full-time royal duties together rather than have her start them alone. Once married it would be expected that she would be a full-time royal from day 1 and having him by her side at first would be expected.

We will, of course, have to wait and see.

Another factor against a 2010 wedding is the fact that the government must go to the polls no later than 3rd June 2010. It is completely inconceivable that the British RF would have a major marriage being planned etc during the lead up to an election as it would/could become an election issue. With William not really available due to training until about then I don't see an engagement before the middle of next year but he would only have a short window before going off on duty.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may very well be right but I don't think the RF would like to have Kate launched on her life as a royal wife while her husband couldn't support her.

That is a major reason why I don't see him marrying before he has finished with the SAR. They would be able to start full-time royal duties together rather than have her start them alone. Once married it would be expected that she would be a full-time royal from day 1 and having him by her side at first would be expected.

I wonder if they wouldn't start off with a similar schedule to the one he has now -- only making joint appearances. They might be able to ease her into the royal life that way, starting them off as a pair initially and then slowly moving her into more scheduled duties on her own. As a military couple, they might be able to put off full-blown royal-dom for a while, depending on how much money they're getting from the taxpayers.

The election is going to be an interesting little wrinkle in all of this, though -- we haven't seen a royal wedding in an election year, for the very reasons you pointed out, I'm sure.

Actually I think that whole easing her into royal life thing sounds really good. I'm kinda thinking the whole one day your a normal citizen and then the next minute wham your a royal way of life isn't working from what I've seen, I think it's too much of a change too quickly for one person to handle. I just hope we don't go down the oh Kate will be getting all the attention and William will become jealous way of life that's another one of my fears for them if they get married, but I don't really know if William is the jealous type so I guess I can't comment there.

I wonder if they wouldn't start off with a similar schedule to the one he has now -- only making joint appearances. They might be able to ease her into the royal life that way, starting them off as a pair initially and then slowly moving her into more scheduled duties on her own. As a military couple, they might be able to put off full-blown royal-dom for a while, depending on how much money they're getting from the taxpayers.

The election is going to be an interesting little wrinkle in all of this, though -- we haven't seen a royal wedding in an election year, for the very reasons you pointed out, I'm sure.

William won't get anything from the taxpayers, other than expenses.

He will be supported from the Duchy of Cornwall estate which is to provide for the heir and his family so Charles, just as he does now, will continue to support his sons. William does, of course, have his own income from Diana's estate.

I really don't see the British public settling for a royal wedding and then not having them on full time royal duties.

I really do think that is what will happen - finish SAR service, marry, start full time duties with occasional breaks for the birth of a couple of children and that will be that for the rest of their lives (or until Britain becomes sick of the entire royal family and becomes a republic, which I do see happening but not just yet).

Hello Magazine .. Article ... Wedding Next Year!

Hello! magazine
Hello Magazine ... The Buzz is there will be a Wedding Next Year.
Full Interview gives further details.

Hello! magazine

Hello Magazine Article ... goes behind the story to suggest this time it's for real. They look very good on this week's front cover!

I don't like false alarms. Will isn't my favourite prince so I don't mind his wedding but this never ending ,,Kate and Will marry soon" is ridiculous. What do you mean ,,we were mostly unhappy with Edwards wedding"? Something wrong with Sophie? I've never heard nothing bad about her.
There was beforehand the whole she is not good enough bull**** :cool:and then the wedding day was not grand/public enough for most people. :rolleyes: And more were upset that she only got the title of Countess:whistling:.... You can never please everybody... I hope William and Harry Please themselves in marriage then at least someone will be happy:lol:

While I certainly hope that the wedding buzz is for real this time, I am not going to keep my hopes up until there's an official announcement. There's been too many false alarms.

While I certainly hope that the wedding buzz is for real this time, I am not going to keep my hopes up until there's an official announcement. There's been too many false alarms.

So true. I can't imagine how nuts the press all over the world are going to go when they finally really do have something to announce! :)

(I still think I'm right about summer 2010, though.) :D

Just a side thought - this week's 'No Idea' or 'Women's Drivel' has a story that William has told Kate to wait about 7 or 8 more years with the headline along the lines that Kate is upset as she sees her childbearing years in limbo waiting for William.

Meanwhile the other one says that he will propose on Diana's birthday.

The reasons for this is - they appeared together last week!!!

A close friend of the prince told them, no doubt?:D

Whilst I too,inthepast, have suggested that summer 2010 is the ideal time for W&K to marry from the perspective of his SAR career, it does clash with the general elections which have to be held no later than May. Given the royal family's preference to stay out of the headlines around elections, I wondered whether most people thought that impactthe electins might have on the timing of any potential wedding of W&K.

He finishes his SAR June or July of next year so the wedding if they got married next summer would probably in August or Septenber. Could they married in fall instead in November.

Possibly. The Queen and Prince Philip married in November. I think Princess Anne and Mark Phillips did, too.

He finishes his SAR June or July of next year so the wedding if they got married next summer would probably in August or Septenber. Could they married in fall instead in November.

He finishes SAR training next year but then has 3 or so years of actual service.

As there is to be a General Election next year it is highly unlikely that there would be an engagement before that as the press would be covering the wedding rather than the political situation so an engagement after the election would lead to a winter wedding, while William is actually serving.

Of course this is speculation on my part and there is nothing that says that can't have a major royal wedding in an election year just that traditionally they don't as it could become an election issue.

Just imagine the issue of the cost of the wedding etc being fought over in the election. This is an area the royals and the government agree on, I think - to keep the royals out of election issues.

I was just thinking over the report that the wedding will be at St. Paul's Cathedral. And something just didn't seem right with me.

Do you really think the royal family - especially William - would want to hold the service at a place associated with the Charles and Diana disaster?

Because I would think when William marries Kate it would be at Westminster Abbey. JMO.

Because I would think when William marries Kate it would be at Westminster Abbey. JMO.

I agree, Sonjapearl, especially if they really are planning to have a slightly scaled-down wedding. Nothing says extravagance like St. Paul's -- it's so huge and grand!

I'm betting on Westminster Abbey, even if that is where Diana's funeral was held. His grandparents (on both sides of the family) and great-grandparents were married there, along with two aunts and an uncle. It seems like the logical choice.

Id Pefer Westminster to St Pauls, Especially since its also the Coronation Church

:flowers:One public outing and we are off again and running hard:ROFLMAO::wub::in_love:now we have decided on the venue lets go for sex and names of the you guessed it BABY:baby::lol::lol::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:lol:

I predict William and Kate will have a lot of kids, a la Philippe and Mathilde. Wasn't reported Kate wants a big family?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom