William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's really stupid. I've heard about their engagement from 2005. And what? Nothing. I don't believe that until I see Kate with engagement ring on her finger like Victoria.

Is it really six weeks, that seems alot for the armed forces. But i suppose i have no perspective on whats alot, as i am not in the army hehe.
If not, Mr S and the dragonets have been awol quite a lot! :lol::flowers:

I don't actually see William and Kate marrying any time soon, so I've just come to ignore all the rumours of "this year" and "this summer." They'll probably marry sometime after he's finished his RAF training, if they marry at all. I recently watched a CBC interview with Sarah, Duchess of York and she commented on how she felt the royal family had "learned" from her and Diana's marriages...she mentioned that Sophie had lived with Edward for five years before they married, whereas both Sarah and Diana had basically met and married their princes in little over a year. William is going to be king someday, so the royal family really doesn't want his reputation tainted by any messy divorce, and I think they're just "playing it safe" by encouraging William and Kate to have a very long courtship. Maybe from a "commoner" standpoint it looks odd, because they've definitely been dating long enough to be thinking about an engagement, but...this is the royal family and they have public relations to consider. A long courtship can't do much harm, but a too-hasty marriage definitely can...as the past has shown. :flowers:

i think they're definetly going to marry when he finishes his RAF training too, and also when he ends that chapter he will get much more envolved with royal engagements and then they'll do it

the usual stories of will they, won't they rumors never cease to amuse.

I have a feeling William and Kate probably get quite a laugh out of some of these articles as well. :)

I have a feeling William and Kate probably get quite a laugh out of some of these articles as well. :)

I agree. And after 6-7 years of relationship royal family is used to Kate. She's never made any trouble, so I don't see problem. And Will said that he didn't want to marry before 28-30 years old.

I can't bring up this link ...but with out reading it I just can't think why they would want to cause any harm to her rep...as long as she is linked to William what hurts her IMO hurts him.... the papers will stop at nothing to have a good story to sell!!!

It's Woman's Day. Take no notice of it, but enjoy the quotes:

"William's girlfriend was left mortified last week after sordid revelations...about the business activities of her pal Emma Sayle, who runs an underground sex club... the paper described in graphic detail the kind of hedonistic behaviour that happens...

While there is no suggestion Kate is personally involved in the club or has ever visited it — and indeed the two women have not been seen publically together since...last year — sources say the mere fact that Kate has links to Emma is enough to do tremendous damage to the young royal-in-waiting's reputation.

The timing of the revelations...could not be worse, with respected French magazine Point De Vue reporting that an engagement announcement...is being prepared."

Apart from the purple prose - "left mortified, sordid revelations, graphic detail, hedonistic behaviour, tremendous damage, links to Emma" etc, and the increasingly-clichéd "sources say", whoever claimed that Point de Vue was "respected" for its engagement predictions?

Monarquía amenazada por falta de audiencia · ELPAÍS.com

Monarchy threatened for want of hearing
The British real family is the soap opera of more success and longer duration for all time. The ingredients could not have imagined them nor the most extreme scriptwriter: aristocracy, money, palaces, beautiful women, sexual places jet-Seth, loves and desamores, scandals, millionaire Arabs and, even, a tragic death, with conspiracy airs. And it has another additional factor to his favor, especially within the United Kingdom. One is a family with which, much more there of the logic and the reason, people identify themselves as if she had with her a sanguineous relation, or at least tribal. But today, although the scene is the same, the ratings lower, history loses gas. And the fault has the new generation, his more recent protagonists, those that assumed that they were going to stand out to the famous list that led Morning call of Wales: its older son, prince Guillermo, and his fianc2ee for five years, Kate Middleton.

Ye Gods? Though shall not consult the soothsayers.. My religion is a little rusty OK but thats in my bible somewhere I would quote the passage but cannot currently find the damn bible to look it up:ROFLMAO: Well Having read the last few pages I remember why I promised myself I would never visit this thread again but back I sneak for my fix and pathetic it is and my opinion of the two people we discuss drops lower which speaks more about my personality than theirs because they seem determined to stay off the radar and while I respect that Its annoying me that WE HAVE NO DIRT or at least juicy gossip to amuse and entertain us...... Ok going to seek a personality transplant or at least a better clairvoyant who can tell me whats happening:lol:

Prince William will marry princess Madeleine in 2012? Good joke. Sorry Will, no chance with Maddy boyfriend. I hope they'll married after Victoria and Daniel.

the longer this relationship continues, the more i'm convinced that it's going to be, in some sense, a repeat of his father's relationship with camilla. my prediction is they will be together for a while yet, then they will break up but remain friends and she will be a very close confidente but he will marry someone else. just my humble opinion.

Well Duchess I really hope this is wrong. All though they say sometimes history does repeat itself... I would hope that William has learned from his parents mistakes. We will all have to watch and see!!!!

As time goes by Katie seems the eternal girlfriend... I don´t see Wills decided to get engaged...

:ROFLMAO:Does any one know when the 'engagement' is next supposed to be announced?

So far this year we've had - they would break up in two weeks, Kate's birthday, Valentine's Day and end of March, so I was wondering what the next date is?

I suppose William's birthday but maybe somewhat earlier than June - the Queen's birthday for instance?:ROFLMAO:

What about Easter??:lol: And than we can have the next announcement on his birthday, and after that....
Announcing engagements must be a really good business for the press!

the longer this relationship continues, the more i'm convinced that it's going to be, in some sense, a repeat of his father's relationship with camilla. my prediction is they will be together for a while yet, then they will break up but remain friends and she will be a very close confidente but he will marry someone else. just my humble opinion.

I don't agree with you. Kate is better treated than Camilla and she behave in this way that royal family accepted her. Chelsy wasn't as welcome as Kate. And I think that Chelsy and Harry are more like Camilla and Charles. They split up but they are close friends and even Harry finds another girlfriend he won't forget Chelsy. And Will said he don't going to married before 28 or 30. Kate knows about it. And who knows? Maybe she's not busy to go into marrage so quickly. Ends of party life, begin of parentship. Tabloid say that she's desperate, maybe unfair for her. Peter and Autumn married when they're 30,31 years. I think Kate and Will do the same.

If William and Kate were dating in the early 70s, when Charles and Camilla first started to do so, they wouldn't be acceptable to the royal family because Kate isn't from the 'right class' nor is she 'pure'.

Charles and Camilla weren't accepted in the 1970s because she wasn't high enough born and her ancestors are far more noble than Kate's. Camilla had a past with previous boyfriends known about and she was also available for Charles.

These same points can be made about Kate but times have changed and therefore no one seems to care that Kate and William are sleeping together and that she has already had other partners (don't remember where I heard that) or that her ancestry isn't royal (Diana, Sarah and Camilla are all descended from Charles II and thus have royal ancestry).

I completely agree with you. Times have changed if Camilla and Charles would have begun dating now, nobody would care about their past. Wel they would care of course because of Diana, but they wouldn't have the prejudice of Camilla's past, her family whihc you are right is more noble than Kates. If anything Kate gets treated so much better than Camilla nowadays. Yes she gets hounded by the press but she doesn't get it as bad as Camilla did. Especially as Camilla was counted as the faited mistresses for so long, didn't help that Diana was so popular. Kate has William, no worries about anything. And William is heir to throne yes, but second in line. He isn't like his father was in the 70's he was an heir to throne with a mistresses the people hated and a wife the people loved. I think it was worse for both Camilla and Charles.

What about Easter??:lol: And than we can have the next announcement on his birthday, and after that....
Announcing engagements must be a really good business for the press!

Exactly! Engagement announcements sell magazines, newspapers, get web traffic, etc. I would be very surprised if this news of an imminent engagement announcement is entirely true.

At the time that Charles was dating Camilla, in the early 70s, Diana was not even a teenager far less a wife whose husband was cheating on her.

I wasn't referring to the press coverage Camilla received in the 90s after Diana decided to tell the world her version of events but I was comparing the way Charles and Camilla were unable to be together in the 70s, long before Diana was a blimp on the radar, when Charles was the world's most eligible bachelor.

I was comparing Charles in his 20s to William in his 20s and why Charles couldn't marry Camilla whereas William may marry Kate yet she doesn't meet the criteria necessary for Charles 30 years ago.

Camilla was not seen as an appropriate wife for the Prince of Wales, in the 1970s, by the powers that be due to her lack of breeding and past liasons yet Kate has even lower class breeding (I am not having a go at Kate but trying to make a comparison to the ladies concerned) and also has had past liasons but is seen as ok by the powers that be. Times have changed, and no always for the better, but in this case they have. William will be able to marry for love, unlike his father, who had to marry for duty and married the wrong woman as a result.

Well it's still Easter here in the US and no annoucement of a break-up/engagement? Let's move the goal posts up further and go for the Queen's birthday.

I predict the engagement will come out of nowhere, much like Victoria and Daniel.

After seeing how Kate's press has become less than stellar, for a girlfriend "supposedly" leading to an engagement, I can't see where she is being "readied" or "groomed" for becoming William's fiancee. She still seems to be longtime girlfriend only.
Kate is depicted almost daily by the UK tabloid press, in a negative story. I don't honestly feel the Palace would have allowed such , if she was going to be Pr. William's future Queen Consort. Each new story about her is negative for the most part, she seems to be left out there on her own, when a negative press story arises, taking shelter (as well as supposedly working) in her parents home. Her mother one week seemed to try to defend herself,her family against the press in a roundabout way in the Telegraph a few months ago, that alone made me feel that Kate is on her own as far as her own "pr."

William also has not done what Pr. Edward did for Sophie during the dating process and asked the press to please leave her alone , in so many words. Yes ,Kate sells newspapers, so the press will write about her, but I don't see where anything is being done to bring her under the Palace protective fold, because her press has become so negative before she has even become his fiancee or bride.
Before Sophie married she was rumoured to be staying inside the Palace for a few days a week, for years before, getting acquainted with Palace life. No such thing has been done for Kate, from what I have seen.

I believe Kate may be a long time first serious girlfriend of the Prince in the end, as has happened for several other European Princes in the past.
William is 26 and dating her for at least six of those, still seems quite in University mode with her. University romances do not always lead to marriage and I don't see Pr. William having the maturity yet which makes me believe marriage is around the corner. :nonono:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom