William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

So I guess this would mean that Buckingham Palace has been incapable of arranging a royal wedding before this woman appeared? What a nonsensical article.

But on the topic of Kate and Wm. I saw on the news this morning that the Queen has threatened the press with legal action if they bother the family at Sandringham this holiday. Which I would take to mean that the Queen is wanting some privacy for the young couple, or she anticipates that media interest will peak again and be a real pain in her butt during the holiday. So either something's going to happen, or it's not. Can these people be more enigmatic??

It is interesting that the Queen is now warning the paparazzi when, imo, the paparazzi have been rather tame with the BRF in recent years. So something must be brewing that might cause the paparazzi to go buckwild and the Queen may want to stop it before it happens. Perhaps an engagment is in the works afterall and the firm is doing all it can to avoid another Diana.

But I have to agree with the Queen and BRF on this. They do not choose a public life, they are born into it. So they do have a right to what little privacy they can get.

Perhaps an engagment is in the works afterall

If so, that is exciting! :ROFLMAO:

Here's another article claiming a wedding is in the works, though I do not know if its reliable.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/vie...d-Kate-Middleton-expected-to-wed-next-summer/

Reports of a royal wedding snowballed after the Queen called on the paparazzi to stop invading her family’s privacy.

She urged newspapers not to use intrusive photos and asked for the Windsors to be left alone at Sandringham this Christmas.

Royal watchers interpreted her call for restraint as a way of laying the groundwork for the wedding.

If the press don’t hound them at Christmas, an announcement may come soon after.

Wills is determined not to let the paparazzi make his life hell, as they did for his late mother, Princess Diana.

Last edited:
I did get a strange and unexpected surge of excitement when I thought that this recent development might relate to an impending engagement announcement.

I've never been a big fan of Kate M and still hope Wills might find someone with a bit more sparkle but I know I would cast aside those worries if an announcement were made. Heck, I didn't care for the Duchess of Cornwall before and even disliked her for no reason, but when they became engaged I was surprisingly pleased and now I think she is fabulous. The same might happen to Kate for me.

I did get a strange and unexpected surge of excitement when I thought that this recent development might relate to an impending engagement announcement.

I also got excited about this lasts news too Princejohnny.

If the Queen asked for restraint for her family at the holidays I believe something is up. But so far this fall we have hear that Kate Middleton is moving to New York in Jan., she is getting a dog from Prince William as a holiday gift and she is doing to do a lot of charity work next year. So what is really true will only play out in the future.

I think if Prince William and Kate Middleton get engaged at Christmas it will be a secret for a while and a very short engagement period before the grand wedding. Boy I think Kate would make a beautiful bride.:);):)

I've never been a big fan of Kate M and still hope Wills might find someone with a bit more sparkle but I know I would cast aside those worries if an announcement were made.

That's nearly exactly how I am feeling about this whole situation. :flowers: I'm curious whether something will happen now or not.

Every year we hear the same thing, at Christmas and then at Kate's Birthday! I hope it is true but I will believe it when I see that rock on her little finger.

I can not wait for the Wills and Kate engagement, and have been OCD tracking their romance since day 1, practically read every article about Kate and think she is the next Di - well nobody will ever be Di but I am sure the media scrum surrounding her will be as big as it was for Di, especially given that we are more media hungry than even back then. The moment it happens, I will be planning a live-telecast party to celebrate their big day.

Oh, and there were reports about the queen cracking down on privacy months ago, around the same time it came out that Waity Katy would be spending Xmas with the Queen. It's all a bit too coincidental - Wills is fierecely protective of her and I think they foresee that her mere presence at the Royal Xmas will cause a big media scrum in itself. What is more an indication of a Royal Marriage is reports that Kate will be taking on more charitable work AND she will be at the Royal Xmas, as the Queen is fiercely traditional, I can't imagine that this invite has been made possible without an imminent announcement of their engagement. I reject all of this codswollop about his helicopter commitments - those sorts of commitments have never got in the way of a Royal marriage before - and I think the idea that career comes before marriage is silliness. With Kate's strong family, middle class background, it would be more likely that she is keen to get married and start a family. She is also very fortunate and the product of a pushy Mother - I highly doubt that Carole would allow her to invest her 20's on a man, without promise of a good return.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can not wait for the Wills and Kate engagement, and have been OCD tracking their romance since day 1, practically read every article about Kate and think she is the next Di - well nobody will ever be Di but I am sure the media scrum surrounding her will be as big as it was for Di, especially given that we are more media hungry than even back then. The moment it happens, I will be planning a live-telecast party to celebrate their big day.

I can not wait for the wedding day either, QueenAlicia. I think the Prince William learned a hard lesson with his mother's celebrity and he won't let it happen to Kate Middleton.

I just hope William will be able to stand to share the limelight with Kate when they do engagements together. :);):)

Oh, and there were reports about the queen cracking down on privacy months ago, around the same time it came out that Waity Katy would be spending Xmas with the Queen. It's all a bit too coincidental - Wills is fierecely protective of her and I think they foresee that her mere presence at the Royal Xmas will cause a big media scrum in itself. What is more an indication of a Royal Marriage is reports that Kate will be taking on more charitable work AND she will be at the Royal Xmas, as the Queen is fiercely traditional, I can't imagine that this invite has been made possible without an imminent announcement of their engagement. I reject all of this codswollop about his helicopter commitments - those sorts of commitments have never got in the way of a Royal marriage before - and I think the idea that career comes before marriage is silliness. With Kate's strong family, middle class background, it would be more likely that she is keen to get married and start a family. She is also very fortunate and the product of a pushy Mother - I highly doubt that Carole would allow her to invest her 20's on a man, without promise of a good return.

I think it is possible that there may be an engagement in the not too distant future. It may not be announced until say, February, to be followed by a wedding in the summer.

Even if they were engaged, I would be surprised to see Kate at Sandringham for Christmas. She may well be present in the days after Christmas at most.

Oh how I do hope these reports are true, what a wonderful year it would be to have them engaged & married....

Is it actually time to start buying a hat !!!!! It may well be.... there is something definitely brewing in this sudden statement....so... going full steam with the implications, it could well mean a christmas or new year announcment, in which case either an Easter or late Summer wedding. It would have to be either a done deal and out of the way before the election or let the dust settle on the election and get married around July, and boys and girls... letting the imagination go pure mad altogether.... July 31st... anniversary of Princess D... falls on a Saturday next year!!!! It would be a fitting way to make that particular date an occasion to find joy in, instead of yearly sorrow.

I wouldn't buy that hat just yet. I think the yellow press realizes we're not buying the same old rehashed stories anymore so they're trying to come up with something new. Katie Nicholl isn't a reliable source and should be taken with a huge grain of salt.
Regarding the "no media" request from the Queen... I think it has more to do with the incident of Prince Edward hitting his dog at Sandringham last Christmas. It caused a big controversy and the royal family definately doesn't need any more controversy. So the Queen is keen to avoid that and since it's her private property she has a right to make this request. I doubt it has anything to do with Kate.

Is it actually time to start buying a hat !!!!! It may well be.... there is something definitely brewing in this sudden statement....so... going full steam with the implications, it could well mean a christmas or new year announcment, in which case either an Easter or late Summer wedding. It would have to be either a done deal and out of the way before the election or let the dust settle on the election and get married around July, and boys and girls... letting the imagination go pure mad altogether.... July 31st... anniversary of Princess D... falls on a Saturday next year!!!! It would be a fitting way to make that particular date an occasion to find joy in, instead of yearly sorrow.

If you mean the anniversary of her death, that's August 31. I don't think they'd schedule a wedding on that anniversary, and late August tends to be very hot, don't you think?

I'm not convinced any announcements will be made soon. I'm guessing 2011, maybe.

Regarding the "no media" request from the Queen... I think it has more to do with the incident of Prince Edward hitting his dog at Sandringham last Christmas. It caused a big controversy and the royal family definately doesn't need any more controversy. So the Queen is keen to avoid that and since it's her private property she has a right to make this request. I doubt it has anything to do with Kate.

Hmmm, maybe you're right, cd255. As I said, rumors of an engagement are usually rampant at this time of year. So, who knows?

Like everyone else, I won't believe it until Buckingham Palace officially announces the upcoming wedding.

How many years now have we heard that Kate is going to be at Sandringham for Christmas? This is the fourth or fifth year isn't it? That idea doesn't wash with me.

The idea that this request has something to do with an impending engagement is plausible but then again it could just be 'leave us in peace or else...'.

William has commitments for the next 18 months or so to the SAR meaning a start to married life as a royal for Kate without her prince and doing royal engagements without him to start with - rather daunting, and something I don't buy into all that much.

I don't see how they can announce an engagement before the election campaign starts unless they intend on having the wedding before that as well. The election has to be before early June and a six week campaigning season takes the wedding back to early - mid April - namely around Easter. That isn't ideal weather for a major wedding often in Britain particularly in London.

I will probably be found wrong but I just don't buy into an engagement annoucement yet - this time next year yes but not this year due to the election, William's SAR commitments and the recession that seems to have affected Britain worse than many other countries. With the cost of an election and the upcoming Olympics blowing the budget the government may not be really welcoming of a royal wedding adding to the financial woes of the country.

The media reported in Jan 09 when William started his pilot training that it would be 2 years of training followed by a 36 month placement. However, on his official website, it said his training is 18 - 20 months long, which means he would finish his training between June - September next year. Although, there is no way he would wait until the end of his 36 month placement too, that would make him 32 meaning that KM will have waited 11 years. She has waited nearly 7 years - lets not forget that it's not just the Royal Family's wishes that come into this. Kate Middleton is adored by Charles - even just looking at photos of the pair talking, she has been a wonderful influence in Prince William's life, and an emotional pillar of strength for him. I would imagine that she actually has more sway than we might think.

PS; I think it's amazing that no friends of friends, or even past highschool aquaintances speak out about the pair.

this is totally off the wall and as its rumors ad musings about Kate and Wills... I'm gong to post an amusing question and look for replies.

There is no ofical engagemnt. but we all kno that Wills and Kate spend time alone together. Close relatioship but not ine pulic eye. They ae aduls and well over the age of consent. Will Kate actually have to be virgin before she marries Wils? I do believe that Dana was a virgin.. and was verified by BP and th powers that be befor she maried Chalres;

My question is this.. sholud the condom break or the pill fail..and Kate does end up pregnant.. what happens?

I think it very much depends on how the British Court with the Queen in charge decide to react. It will be a scandal to say the least.

It happened in Luxembourg with Prince Louis. Louis was third in line but gave up his place in the succession and on the National Day this year his wife and two children was given the title of Prince(ss) of Luxembourg, previously being known as De Nassau

this is totally off the wall and as its rumors ad musings about Kate and Wills... I'm gong to post an amusing question and look for replies.

There is no ofical engagemnt. but we all kno that Wills and Kate spend time alone together. Close relatioship but not ine pulic eye. They ae aduls and well over the age of consent. Will Kate actually have to be virgin before she marries Wils? I do believe that Dana was a virgin.. and was verified by BP and th powers that be befor she maried Chalres;

My question is this.. sholud the condom break or the pill fail..and Kate does end up pregnant.. what happens?

If they were married when the child was born the child would be legitimate and thus in the line of succession.

If they were not married when the child was born the child would have no succession rights.

I suspect that if Kate was pregnant the engagement would be announced the next day and the wedding would be held very quickly with something like a premature birth.

PS; I think it's amazing that no friends of friends, or even past highschool aquaintances speak out about the pair.

That tells me that they both have some very very loyal friends who know the consequences of talking is social ostracism. They don't think the 30 pieces of silver is worth the betrayal.

I suspect that if Kate was pregnant the engagement would be announced the next day and the wedding would be held very quickly with something like a premature birth.

Is it really possible the RF would think people would swallow that? :lol:

Is it really possible the RF would think people would swallow that? :lol:

Interesting question. I think it is highly unlikley that the BRF will try and fudge the matter with a premature baby. IMO it could go two ways: either a discrete abortion, or a hasty wedding and no comment on why the child was born early.

It wouldn't necessarily be an announcement but more an accepted point of view.

Muriel, do you really think that there would be a discrete abortion for the futrue futrue King of England's child? I guess anything is possible but why take the chance that someting could go wrong and mess up her body forever... it happens...

Muriel, do you really think that there would be a discrete abortion for the futrue futrue King of England's child? I guess anything is possible but why take the chance that someting could go wrong and mess up her body forever... it happens...

..... a calculated risk vs a royal bastard? The scandal does not bear thinking!

IMHO, which is just that my opinion. I think they would marry, announce she was pregnant. Have the baby, "and live happily everafter"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom