William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I find it quite "sad" and "pathetic" how some posters hurl accusations around about people who don't think Kate Middleton is the Second Coming.....

Gosh over exaggerate much! I’m pretty sure, actually no, I’m definitely 100% sure that nobody posting around here thinks Kate Middleton is the second coming. Some like her, some don't. However there are plenty of people posting all over the internet about Kate (and other public figures) that clearly have issues they need some help to work through. It is just not normal to have hate like that for people you have never met.

Gosh over exaggerate much! I’m pretty sure, actually no, I’m definitely 100% sure that nobody posting around here thinks Kate Middleton is the second coming. Some like her, some don't. However there are plenty of people posting all over the internet about Kate (and other public figures) that clearly have issues they need some help to work through. It is just not normal to have hate like that for people you have never met.

Nor is it normal to like someone that much that you have never met that you feel it necessary to defend her at every moment by the insulting and name calling of people who have a different opinion.

Right.Actually,the problem Menarue just mentioned is quite often among members of our forum,unfortunately :hiding:

:flowers: IMO it dosent matter what we all think about Kate. That is totaly up to Prince William if he loves her enough to make her his wife. I would just be thrilled to be able to watch another great royal wedding. IMHO, of course! :flowers:

Nor is it normal to like someone that much that you have never met that you feel it necessary to defend her at every moment by the insulting and name calling of people who have a different opinion.
Of course it is not normal and thankfully (sorry but I have to disagree with you iakynthi) it doesn’t happen here. I find this board to be very well moderated and I think most posters are well aware that the insulting and name-calling of other posters is not tolerated. We can feel very strongly about our opinions on this board but I think that the majority of us understand that we are discussing people we don’t really know. Unfortunately there are some boards where people don’t quite seem to grasp this - be they fans or ‘haters‘.

There are still immature posters on the forum,though.Perhaps you haven't noticed it ;) But it's ok,all we can do is have a good laugh and go on...:p
I'm gonna agree with the poster above who said that as long as Kate is the only official girlfriend of William,we have the right to comment on her-as long as we don't insult anyone,of course.So,Happy Posting :author:

This is one discussion that will not end, until Prince William marries. Whether it's Kate or someone else, that person will always be subject to adoration and ridicule at both ends of the spectrum. That is just the way it goes. We cannot help but form opinions about Kate from what we read in the papers. Some people unfortunately take it too far.

I personally don't believe that she is unworthy of being Prince William's wife. I don't give much weight to the "Waity Kaity" tag or the accusations that she is workshy. She works for her parents, and there's nothing wrong with that. IMO, it's a good way to keep her head down. So she parties. So what? It is the way of today's young people. We have never seen her stagger out of a club drunk. So she smiles when photographed by paps. Would it be better if she scowls at them? Of course not.

She has done the best she could under the pressure of being in a relationship with a prince. If Prince William didn't love her, he's free to find someone else, as is she.

Actually, I haven't seen anyone on this board who thinks of Kate in worshipful terms at all. Some of us like her; some of us dislike her. :ermm:

Personally I find it quite "sad" and "pathetic" how some posters hurl accusations around about people who don't think Kate Middleton is the Second Coming.....

I am sorry the second coming of what? I think some people who like her (IMO)see her as a renewal to the fairy tale that never was with Charles and Diana. Could William marry for Love and be really happy... the second coming of the fairy tale, but nothing more...who would compare her to GOD????

^Exactly that's what I think too, I see it more as people hoping that if it happens and William marries her he is truly happy and in love with her something that wasn't there for Charles and Diana

Luv2Cruise you always put things so eloquently you quite amaze me.
The magic is in the poetic use of the captions.
Of course it is not normal and thankfully it doesn’t happen here.
Really? You may not have noticed but we have our resident bully who likes to tell people who don't happen to share her opinions to go spew their 'hate' and 'garbage' elsewhere.
But yeah, globally, this place is pleasant and a good debate platform.

I've seen forums that are really bad, this forum is a pleasant place to be, and I think we're all allowed to have our own opinions, if there were to be for example someone who expresses extreme hate for Kate then I'd say that would be pushing the limit, but thankfully so far we've seen nothing like that here.

I agree with ghost_night and Lady Ann, most people would like to see William marry the girl he loves and 'live happily ever after' which did not happen with his own parents unfortunately. I have yet to see the Queen condone a relationship of her successors, where by the girlfriend is invited to an official event like Kate has, and it doesn't end in marriage. All the Queen's children (grandchildren) who have had their girlfriends attend an official function have ended up marrying the lady/man. I think William will marry Kate eventually.

The magic is in the poetic use of the captions.Really? You may not have noticed but we have our resident bully who likes to tell people who don't happen to share her opinions to go spew their 'hate' and 'garbage' elsewhere.
I and others call it like we see it.

Let's leave out the personal jabs please.

You may not have noticed but we have our resident bully who likes to tell people who don't happen to share her opinions to go spew their 'hate' and 'garbage' elsewhere.

Thanks to the tireless work of the Moderators. so I don't think it is nice that you call one of the female moderators (which one, BTW?) a "resident bully". They spend their free time to organize this forum and I, for one, am thankful - especially because they sometimes tell people to spare us their "hate" and
"garbage" (though I don't believe such a word was ever used). :flowers:

To be fair, I don´t think that Idriel was calling a mod a resident bully. There are other people who seem to spend such a long time on this forum that they could be called residents, I have an amazing number of posts as do others. I didn´t take it as referring to one of our wonderful mods.
Today is THE day the British papers say, after spending a pleasant night with Kate at her parents´ home, so let us see. The parents at least seem to welcome his attentions so there might be some outcome to this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iam-pictured-time-staying-overnight-laws.html

Usually this place is very well kept. People usually don't argue or ask the need of the moderators but I guess we can bicker. Anyway it's nice to visit and read here of the many topics. One can get a grasp and a foray of the grand scope of all things included Royally. I for one was hoping to find and see a thread about the recent Jan 9 birthday of Kate. I just hope that the visit from William to her parent's house and her vacation to Scotland and her birthday this past Friday went just great. She's now 27. I hope she got many gifts and presents. Happy Birthday to her. :flowers:

The article is very interesting :previous: Although I don't understand why people expected him to propose to Kate on such an occasion and in front of her parents...It's 2009 and the modern couples usually share these moments privately.I'm just saying that the fact that he didn't pop the question the other day doesn't mean anything ;)

Usually this place is very well kept.... I just hope that the visit from William to her parent's house and her vacation to Scotland and her birthday this past Friday went just great. She's now 27. I hope she got many gifts and presents. Happy Birthday to her. :flowers:
Hope it remains that way. Agree with the rest of your post!:flowers:

For the time being.
I've seen other places dragged down. It starts very innocently.
Well, maybe, but you should have more confidence in the British Forums moderating team and of the TRF mods and admins as a whole.
We haven't been invaded by anti-Kate spammers (or pro-Kate spammers for that matter) and if either situation arises you can rest assured it will be dealt with appropriately.

To be fair, I don´t think that Idriel was calling a mod a resident bully. There are other people who seem to spend such a long time on this forum that they could be called residents l

Yes, but she spoke of a "resident bully" - I have yet to see a "bully" becoming a resident here and I've seen a lot of members come and go.... The only people here who are allowed "bullying" (if one like to call moderating that) are the mods, I'm afraid.

I wonder if the fact that William used his own car and parked it over night for anyone to see it, on knowing that the paps would be there on Catherine's birthday, wasn't a signal to the world to treat Catherine more serious without burden her with an engagement announcement now when he is about to start a new phase of his training. I mean first they both stay with his parents and now they stayed with her parents: what more do you want? Maybe she would even have stayed at Sandringham for christmas, but the article claimed that she was ill and noone in his right mind would visit a couple of the ages of HM and the DoE when being ill.

Really? You may not have noticed but we have our resident bully who likes to tell people who don't happen to share her opinions to go spew their 'hate' and 'garbage' elsewhere.
No, I can’t say I have noticed. There are people on here who feel strongly about their opinions and yes there are those who don’t like it when others disagree with them but I have yet to come across any bullies. I think the moderators do a wonderful job here, especially considering the large amount of members, each with their own opinions.

I wonder if the fact that William used his own car and parked it over night for anyone to see it, on knowing that the paps would be there on Catherine's birthday, wasn't a signal to the world to treat Catherine more serious without burden her with an engagement announcement now when he is about to start a new phase of his training. I mean first they both stay with his parents and now they stayed with her parents: what more do you want? Maybe she would even have stayed at Sandringham for christmas, but the article claimed that she was ill and noone in his right mind would visit a couple of the ages of HM and the DoE when being ill.
To be honest I get the impression that William doesn’t really care what people think about his and Kate’s relationship. I think he stayed there simply because that is what they had planned to do and not as a sort of a ‘yes we’re together, everything is fine’ signal for the media. IMO if he was going to go down that road with them he would of done it long before now. Of course I could be very wrong and this could be their way of saying ‘OK we’re not getting married any time soon but we are in a stable and serious relationship’. Who knows?

Thanks to the tireless work of the Moderators. so I don't think it is nice that you call one of the female moderators (which one, BTW?) a "resident bully".
I was most definitely not talking about any moderator. I think they do a fine job.
I have sent you a PM to clarify my post. Amelia too. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom