William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone is assuming a lot of things even that they are soul mates. I don´t think there is any doubt that William is reluctant to commit himself just now. Later, well we will see.

I think everyone is assuming a lot of things even that they are soul mates.

Absolutely, they could both just be a bunch of ditherers, with nothing better to do, who have spent their 20s in an exclusive relationship, even though they are may not even be "soul mates"! How plausible does that sound?

Absolutely, they could both just be a bunch of ditherers, with nothing better to do, who have spent their 20s in an exclusive relationship, even though they are may not even be "soul mates"! How plausible does that sound?
Your theory sounds very plausible. It also appears like they are dickering.

I don´t believe that Prince Williamis exactly wasting his twenties, he has a very attractive young lady who is willing to fit in whenever she is needed and I am sure she is very good company, but so many women waste their twenties and even thirties waiting for the proposal that never comes, now that, to me, is a terrible shame. Perhaps in this case it will be different, but we read every day in newspapers of people in much longer relationships than this that end up with the girl crying her lost years. For Kate´s sake I hope this won´t happen to her, but I think Prince William is managing his side of life very well indeed, one day he will be King and perhaps he will have a Queen by his side, who it will be I think it is too soon to say.

Queen tells Kate Middleton: It's family ONLY at Sandringham this Christmas

Kate Middleton has been frozen out of the royal Christmas celebration at Sandringham this week, The People can reveal.

Prince William's long-term girlfriend is said to be "sad and disappointed" at the Queen's decision. She has joined in the Royal Family's festive fun three times in the past four years.

Prince Harry's girlfriend Chelsy Davy and Zara Phillips' rugby player boyfriend Mike Tindall have also been surprisingly snubbed after the Queen banned all non-married partners.

Read more: People.co.uk - Queen tells Kate Middleton: It's family ONLY at Sandringham this Christmas

Wow...what a scoop.

We seem to have forgotten that in addition to the Kate will be at Sandringham for Christmas stories there are also the Kate can't come because she wants to spend one last Christmas with her family as well as the Family Only at Sandringham stories.

What I especially liked was this quote from the article:

Kate, 27, had even taken lessons in gun-handling so she could join in the pheasant shooting.

Now, really, you'd think that she'd have had some gun-handling lessons before last year since she went pheasant shooting then. Did she need more suddenly?

Wow...what a scoop.

We seem to have forgotten that in addition to the Kate will be at Sandringham for Christmas stories there are also the Kate can't come because she wants to spend one last Christmas with her family as well as the Family Only at Sandringham stories.

Ah but this year we haven't had the Kate refused the Queen's invitation - maybe because the papers got sick of stating an abvious lie.

This story as well is so much rubbish as non-engaged partners have never been invited (and as the custom is to announce engagements in the New Year I can't think of any engaged but not yet married partner who would fall into this category anyway).

Ms Middleton has never been asked to Sandringham for Christmas in my opinion so she has never 'refused' the Queen's invitation and probably isn't all that disappointed this year as she didn't get an invitation in any other year.

More hoopla trying to force the public into believing that this couple are about to get engaged and this has being going on for at least 5 years now. I remember waking up in 2005 seeing the headlines 'royal engagement' and thinking 'Well William and Kate are finally engaged' only to read further and find out that it was Charles and Camilla. As a result I don't believe the British press know anything about the state of this relationship and are simply writing stuff to get the public to buy their products and the public swallow this guff hook, line and sinker encouraging the press to write more of it.

I have to agree with Zonk' theory here that Kate could technically be spending the last "Christmas" with her own as opposed to there isn't anything that is going to happen.We will have to wait.The Queen's supposed asking them to wait 2012 is bewildering.Did anyone ask her to wait regarding The Duke or did she insist and marry at twenty one?
For me it has been quite drawn out.
I find it a bit of a sadistic situation with the elements of the aleatory involved.

Regarding the Queen and Duke, yes, her father did ask her to wait to marry the Duke and she then went on the tour of Africa with her parents. It was rumored that they actually became engaged a year before it was finally announced in July of 1947.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with the 'last Christmas' story is that that has been the story for the last five years - that Kate has refused the invitation to spend a 'last Christmas' with her family.

It is nothing new for her not to be there and for this idea to be around.

Regarding the Queen and Duke, yes, her father did ask her to wait to marry the Duke and she then went on the tour of Africa with her parents. It was rumored that they actually became engaged a year before it was finally announced in July of 1947.
What I would like to stress is that the Queen was not asked to wait for years on end as the Queen did with her sister Princess Margaret and Townsend. The Queen does have this tendency; if it is her allegedly behind the delay and not just Prince William with cold feet. Hence I feel Prince Charles could not stand up to Queen as he should have regarding Camilla in the first place.
The period of time the Queen was asked to wait and then go to South Africa and that which Kate Middleton is waiting are incomparable.

Assuming that William and Kate have even discussed this issue with the Queen.

That she has suggested that the younger generation take longer to get to know each other after the disasters of Charles, Andrew and Anne marriages I can believe.

That she would insist on 7 or more years is not something I believe that she would do but rather she is more likely to have suggested marriage by now if they were really serious.

The longer they are together without a formal commitment the more I think that William isn't sure and doesn't want to make a mistake and marry the wrong woman and thus might end up not marrying at all.

:previous:

I also cannot believe that the Queen would insist on such a long wait. I think the crux of the problem is that Prince William is not sure he wants to marry yet and as his girlfriend seems to be quite happy to tag along, why should he?

From the same article... two categories of royal experts proved wrong (again). Didn't we read exactly the same this time last year? And the year before?
But the absence of girlfriends will disappoint romantics, who believed there was to be a Royal engagement over the holiday.
Royal watchers had been convinced that an announcement of her engagement to William would be announced in the next few days.
Maybe it's better to stick with 'royal insiders' and 'royal sources'. :D

The Queen's supposed asking them to wait 2012 is bewildering.Did anyone ask her to wait regarding The Duke or did she insist and marry at twenty one?

I dont know if it is ture that the Queen is asking them to wait... but I do remember the Queen was asked to wait to marry..

"The young couple kept their engagement a secret, until it was leaked to the press. The engagement was controversial, and both of Elizabeth’s parents were opposed. It was not until April 1947 that Elizabeth’s father, King George VI, gave them permission to marry." Wikki.....

I dont know if it is ture that the Queen is asking them to wait... but I do remember the Queen was asked to wait to marry..

"The young couple kept their engagement a secret, until it was leaked to the press. The engagement was controversial, and both of Elizabeth’s parents were opposed. It was not until April 1947 that Elizabeth’s father, King George VI, gave them permission to marry." Wikki.....

And even then it wasn't announced until July - after the return from South Africa.

Some accounts even suggest that the hope was that being away from him for so long might make Elizabeth change her mind and call it off before being forever commited to a man they didn't think was right for her.

Yes, good points Iluvbertie .... I wonder if that was the case? Anyway, don't looked like it worked lol.... I think William will marry on his own time when every one least thinks it is coming .... until then we will keep hearing all this rubbish about it is about to happen and no xmas for Kate with the Queen bluh bluh..... like I have said for years I will believe it when they are standing in front of the castle making the announcment and there is a ring on her finger ...lol Happy holidays to all and happy posting...

And even then it wasn't announced until July - after the return from South Africa.

Some accounts even suggest that the hope was that being away from him for so long might make Elizabeth change her mind and call it off before being forever commited to a man they didn't think was right for her.

Yes I've watched a lot of programs that have also said this. I suppose it's only fair to put Kate "through her paces". :)

:previous:
The reason I don't believe this is the same as Christmas at Sandringham - until it is official they aren't invited.

Had she been there then it would be official and everyone would know.

These are just hot air in my opinion but the gullible public who can't be bothered understanding that the Queen sticks to certain rules will lap it up and will continue to spend their pounds on these tacky tabloids.

These newspaper stories are becoming quite a bore. I think by now the public knows that girlfriends and boyfriends only get invited when they have become engaged. Lets face it there is no way Kate will turn down an invitation as a matter of fact I think she will be commanded to attend. I just wish these two will get engage soon, followed by a wedding and then we can start speculation about babies!

What a surprise, i would have put money on the fact that Kate Middleton wouldn't go to sandringham and that this story would surface afterwards. They should really stop this.

What a surprise, i would have put money on the fact that Kate Middleton wouldn't go to sandringham and that this story would surface afterwards. They should really stop this.

Why stop it when it sells.

From reading a lot of the comments in papers like the Daily Mail and talking to many others I don't think that the average person really knows all that much at all - and I therefore think that the papers are able to sell this stuff because so many people don't know the family's traditions - only official fiancees are at Christmas events for instance.

Come on how many are buying the idea that the Queen has any say over her succeeds her following those stupid stories a couple of weeks ago about William becoming the 'shadow king'.

I never thought I would say it, but I am actually starting to feel a bit sorry for the papers lol. They are desperately trying to promote the engagement story at this stage, and its getting pitiful. Its going to be "any day now" according to most of them, and you can almost smell the desperation.

I agree with most people..... I am absolutely fed up waiting for this big event to materialise, and in all honesty, I see no valid reason whatsoever why they cannot just get on with it, once and for all. If anything, her continued status as "girlfriend" is starting to look ridiculous at this stage. Why cant they get engaged in the New Year, and get married around July.......so what if there is a general election !! Its not going to interfere with it, that will be over and done with by about May. If anything, Gordon might welcome the distraction LOL. The press could stay relatively quiet about it until May (if ordered to) and then still have two months to go hyper with the stories !! Put us all out of our misery once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom