William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the Queen wants William as a full time royal within the next three to four years so he is well and truly established when he becomes the heir. After all she and Philip are slowing down and someone needs to step up.

There might be many tourists but they only have so much to spend so there would be less spent on kitsch for either the Olympics, the Jubilee or the Wedding whereas if the wedding was a year or so later they could afford to buy more.

The clean up being done more than once isn't a bad thing and provides work for British people which can only be good for the economy whereas if they only have to do it once then the work ends and...the economy only gets one kick in the pants instead of two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't the general election in Summer 2010. That would leave a Christmas 2010 announcement perfect... or even January 2011 with a summer wedding. Its usual for royal engagements to be quite brief.
The election must take place before June 3rd, 2010, the date people seem to be suggesting is the 6th of May. That leaves time for a wedding.:D

The election must take place before June 3rd, 2010, the date people seem to be suggesting is the 6th of May. That leaves time for a wedding.:D

Ohhh yes....how about general election May 6th as suggested.... give it a few weeks for the fuss to all die down about that... announcement by end of June... December wedding !!! But then, the weather could be dreadful...and you can't have the good general public made to stand out for hours in the freezing cold on the wedding people have been waiting for, for what feels like 100 years already. Back to plan A..... Announcement January 2011, wedding around July !

Ohhh yes....how about general election May 6th as suggested.... give it a few weeks for the fuss to all die down about that... announcement by end of June... December wedding !!! But then, the weather could be dreadful...and you can't have the good general public made to stand out for hours in the freezing cold on the wedding people have been waiting for, for what feels like 100 years already. Back to plan A..... Announcement January 2011, wedding around July !
How about election May 6th, announcement May 10th, Wedding September 2010. Weather not roasting hot, plenty of time to send out the invites to non royals, everyone else put on alert before the election with the guarantee that other royals and nobility will not spill the beans!:D:D

Now that we have everything planned so neatly, we just have to inform William and Kate. :D

If seriously, if an engagement is not announced by the end of this year (with a wedding in 2010), then I think the most realistic date would be 2013.

2012 is really, really crowded as it is, and I just don't see 3 such important events (Olympics, Diamond Jubilee and a senior Royal's wedding) in one year. 2011 is technically possible, however that will be the year of Prince Philip's 90th birthday; somehow, I think Her Majesty would prefer the year be mainly focused on the Duke of Edinburgh. So, either 2010 or 2013... For the sake of Royal Watchers, I do hope it is 2010 – all the ‘will they, won’t they’ is very tiresome.

I agree, I think 2012 is out for the reasons you state but Philip and HM are not getting any younger and I would imagine William would be anxious to have them both there, and in reasonable health.

2011 is technically possible, however that will be the year of Prince Philip's 90th birthday; somehow, I think Her Majesty would prefer the year be mainly focused on the Duke of Edinburgh.

Something tells me that Prince Philip won't want a big huge fuss that year, 90th birthday or not. Doesn't seem in character for him. I could see a service of thanksgiving at Westminster Abbey (like they've done for the major wedding anniversaries), maybe a postage stamp and portrait or two, but nothing gigantic. I think a royal wedding could easily coincide with such birthday celebrations.

I think that if William and Kate are going to marry (and I still think that's in the stars for them), that they already will have wed by the Jubilee in 2012. I'm thinking it's either 2010/2011, not after.

I agree with this assessment. It just has to be either next year or 2011. Any later and dear God.... he will be walking up the aisle like Kojac and she will be slapping on the HRT patches and carrying a hand held fan instead of a bouquet on the big day !!. Its not an attractive prospect.

:previous: Really Miss Garnett you are naughty.... but I love the way you have with words....I nearly choked on my coffee!:lol:
I too like Ella Kay's musings! They sound quite rational to me!

:previous:
Miss G and Connie C make for a rather interesting couple of new posters to these threads. :)

I agree, Warren, and a bit of humour makes this a friendlier place to be. :flowers:

Something Miss Garnett raised a few posts ago got me thinking. If William and Kate have definitely decided they are going to get married, I think that HM and Prince Philip's ages will be a factor in fixing a wedding date as I am sure William would like them both to be at his wedding, and not just to be there but to be well enough to enjoy it.

I'd be prepared to place a small wager on a 2011 wedding, and I picked the winner of this year's Melbourne Cup so I'm feeling rather confident.:D

I'm thinking the autumn of 2010 or else 2011.

I'd be prepared to place a small wager on a 2011 wedding, and I picked the winner of this year's Melbourne Cup so I'm feeling rather confident.:D

I'm hoping for a 2010 or 2011 wedding and by 2012 a grandchild for Charles and a great-grandchild for the Queen. That way they will still be able to hold the new grandbaby on the knees before the knees also give in.

I'm hoping for a 2010 or 2011 wedding and by 2012 a grandchild for Charles and a great-grandchild for the Queen. That way they will still be able to hold the new grandbaby on the knees before the knees also give in.

LOL at the knees comment. But wouldn't it be a riot if it happened at that speed?! Ironically, William and Kate seem to be taking their sweet time that it seems almost unthinkable. It would have been more imaginable during Diana's time...

Do you think you might be able to write to them and let them know?:D

I agree, Warren, and a bit of humour makes this a friendlier place to be. :flowers:

Something Miss Garnett raised a few posts ago got me thinking. If William and Kate have definitely decided they are going to get married, I think that HM and Prince Philip's ages will be a factor in fixing a wedding date as I am sure William would like them both to be at his wedding, and not just to be there but to be well enough to enjoy it.

People have been speculating about William and Kate's wedding for so long that someone is bound to get it right. Maybe you'll be the lucky one! ;) I was a bit surprised to hear that some of my friends were convinced William and Kate were already engaged. But maybe that is not surprising when you look at all the rumors about their upcoming marriage/engagement.

I doubt William will marry before he turns 30, so my feeling is that 2010 is definitely out, and 2011 probably as well. At the very earliest, I see William marrying in maybe the late summer of 2011; but the more I think about it, the more I can actually see a wedding happening in the early part of 2012. What better way to draw publicity to Britain on an Olympic year (and what better way to celebrate the 60th year of the Queen's reign with the wedding of the future king?)

If I had to place bets, it would be on the spring of 2012. One thing that's going to make me glad when William marries is the end to these weekly or monthly rumours about his engagement. Of course, as soon as the honeymoon ends there'll be the rumours of trouble in the marriage...:lol:

;) I was a bit surprised to hear that some of my friends were convinced William and Kate were already engaged. But maybe that is not surprising when you look at all the rumors about their upcoming marriage/engagement.

I have said for about two years now that they are already engaged or with some kind of agreement. I know when my husband and I got married we had known for about two year that we would marry by a certin date and just never told anyone till about 8 months before.:whistling:

I have said for about two years now that they are already engaged or with some kind of agreement. I know when my husband and I got married we had known for about two year that we would marry by a certin date and just never told anyone till about 8 months before.:whistling:

I don't think they are already engaged, certainly not for two years. I see no sense in William being engaged for two years and not getting married.
William getting engaged would be announced as soon as it happens.
After seeing the ups and downs of the relationship, I can imagine an agreement existing before 2007, but not now. :)

William getting engaged would be announced as soon as it happens.

Actually, I think it's fairly common for royal engagements to be kept private for a varying length of time before the public announcement is made. Prince Philip reportedly asked for The Queen's hand almost a year before they were formally and publicly engaged.

I don't know that the two are privately engaged, but as I've said before, any couple who have been together as long as these two are bound to have had conversations about the future -- especially with William's unusual personal circumstances.

This was just my thoughts, and I respect yours, Iumutqueen. I don't believe that if at this point they are engaged where a ring has been given, but I do believe they have some kind of agreement or knowing between the two of them of future plans. I have no proof or fact of this it is just IMO, Also I am surprised that you think they were closer in 2007 then now. It seems to me in the last year they have become (while more privite) a more mature couple not seeking attention and clubing,more seirous, with more Royal Family interaction on Kate's part.

Not only was the Queen's kept for nearly a year, Diana's was keep for nearly a month or so before it was announced!

Maybe they're already married. Maybe William is already King. Maybe Princess Diana's death was a hoax and she's living in Scotland under tight supervision.

Just kidding. I was trying to think up some new story for the Daily Mail. It'd be amusing!

Actually, I think it's fairly common for royal engagements to be kept private for a varying length of time before the public announcement is made. Prince Philip reportedly asked for The Queen's hand almost a year before they were formally and publicly engaged.

I think that was because King George was concerned that his daughter was still very young, something that I don't think is relevant to Wills and Kate.

Well, its a lost cause, all patience has been used up. Its time to assume its a done deal and move to stage 2, and a little bit of creative visualisation goes a long way to make manifest all that we know is coming anyway. Soooo.... it's a slow day, so I have decided to plunge miles ahead and plan the dress.... why not !!!! So what do we think...... meringue or sleek and straight down... I suppose the higher up the royal seniority ranks the bigger the train, so not wise to walk within 50 yards behind this bride ! I am thinking Champagne rather than white... white is too draining and soooo yesterday. Memories of Fergie's embroidered A and S sweeping the train attack the mind with savage clarity. It simply won't do. I can't see the rotating blades of helicopters making for a pleasing feature at all in this case either, so thought will certainly have to be given to the symbology here. Long or three quarter length sleeves most definitely...One must not bare the arms at all costs !. Well darlings I take my leave of you as I feel a creative burst coming upon me and the sketch pad awaits, and I have not even started on the veil yet. !!!

Miss Garnet thanks for reminding me of Fergie's initialed wedding dress :nonono: It was the tackiest thing I ever saw.

I hope Kate wears a nice dress and hat, that's all.

Maybe they're already married. Maybe William is already King. Maybe Princess Diana's death was a hoax and she's living in Scotland under tight supervision.

Just kidding. I was trying to think up some new story for the Daily Mail. It'd be amusing!

Very Funny........Ha ha :whistling:

I hope it is 2010. I don't understand the British election thing. Here in America it wouldn't matter. And I certainly don't understand this lifetime dating status. I would hope that as long as they have dated they have talked about their future. But I would love the pomp and pagentry of a royal wedding.

I hope it is 2010. I don't understand the British election thing. Here in America it wouldn't matter. And I certainly don't understand this lifetime dating status. I would hope that as long as they have dated they have talked about their future. But I would love the pomp and pagentry of a royal wedding.

Because the Royals are supposed to be above politics they can do nothing during an election that would overshadow the election campaign or be seen to be taking anything away from that campaign.

It is also why they won't visit countries of which the Queen is Queen during an election year so William's visit here next year means that Mr Rudd (our PM) won't be calling an early election within the next couple of months (his term still has 18 months to run but there is the possibility of going early if he wishes).

Let's not forget what would be expected of William and Kate once married - full time royal duties together and singly AND a child within a short period of time. Until they are both ready to assume both these responsiblities they won't marry as that ends Kate's private life and overwhelmingly puts the pressure on Kate to step up to the mark. As things are now they can do almost everything a married couple can do without that pressure.

excellent points, Iluvbertie!

It's the public that's hungry for some royal news. Since Diana died, the public has not had a princess to swoon over / critic / gossip about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom