William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would agree, AnnaSophia, but I do think that is how the press in Britain treats the royal family.

I don't think it is just the press but a large percentage of the population.

Kate Middleton was just photographed arriving Heathrow Airport, Oct 31, 2009. She's hiding her face but it's undoubtedly her

Well Duchess I really hope this is wrong. All though they say sometimes history does repeat itself... I would hope that William has learned from his parents mistakes. We will all have to watch and see!!!!

Interesting, Anne Boleyn had to wait quite a long time to marry Henry... and then we have Elizabeth I who never married.. some say because of her father's relationship with her mother.... now we have William, seeing his parents mistakes... in today's society we have people that analyze this stuff and I would think it's either another case of the parents influence or he's just busy with his OWN life, and when that happens people start to drift away from each other unless they are extremely close and have a wonderful way of trusting and staying in connection. Who knows.

Actually todays royals are not as young as previous generations when they get married. CP Frederik was 36 at the time of his wedding, CP Victoria of Sweden is in her 30s and first now she's engaged.

Will and Kate have been together for 6-7 years and maybe it's good to wait awhile and marry when you're actually ready for it. I'm not saying that mean it will last forever but I think it's a bigger chance when both William and Kate has had a life on their own before they settle down.

Interesting, Anne Boleyn had to wait quite a long time to marry Henry... and then we have Elizabeth I who never married.. some say because of her father's relationship with her mother.... now we have William, seeing his parents mistakes... in today's society we have people that analyze this stuff and I would think it's either another case of the parents influence or he's just busy with his OWN life, and when that happens people start to drift away from each other unless they are extremely close and have a wonderful way of trusting and staying in connection. Who knows.

Anne B had to wait 7 years because Henry was not free to marry! Elizabeth I was said to never married for sevral reasons, the one I believe is that she had Tudor blood so thick in her, she did not ever want to share her rule with a man, and there for no King would sit beside her. As for William and Kate my opinion and yours may differ as it will because i have read your past post and will agree to disagree with you....I think he has learned to live his own life by his own rules and not repeat the mistakes of his mother and father. My Opinion is that he loves Kate and why marry now when so much more will be demanded of them. This way they have time to be busy with thier own stuff. I think in time Kate will be a wonderful princess. :flowers:

PS: If you thought for some reason the POW did not want to be King then you should state that as your opinion. Not all people over here in the US believe this and some dont like when anyone speaks for a group or a Country...post #1709

Frederik married at 35, Haakon married at 28, Wilhelm-Alexander married at 35, Felipe married at 36. Victoria will marry when she is 32.
But not forgetten these are heir-apparents not heir-heir's like William is. :flowers:
I hope for his sake he marries. :)

Frederik married at 35, Haakon married at 28, Wilhelm-Alexander married at 35, Felipe married at 36. Victoria will marry when she is 32.
But not forgetten these are heir-apparents not heir-heir's like William is. :flowers:
I hope for his sake he marries. :)

Let's also add Charles to that list of heirs-apparent who married at 32 so William would be breaking with a changing tradition of the heirs (in his case the heir's heir) marrying before turning 30 if he marries before 2012. I expect him to marry in about 2013 or even later actually as I am not convinced that he will marry Kate but I don't know why I suspect that just that I do.

Let's also add Charles to that list of heirs-apparent who married at 32 so William would be breaking with a changing tradition of the heirs (in his case the heir's heir) marrying before turning 30 if he marries before 2012. I expect him to marry in about 2013 or even later actually as I am not convinced that he will marry Kate but I don't know why I suspect that just that I do.

Indeed i forgot about his father. :)
I have the same feeling, i also don't want him to marry Kate and I wish he wouldn't marry in 2013. :flowers:

IMO, William just turned 27 earlier this year and he should just START to think about settling down. I don't think he's too old nor too young. I told my boys that they can't marry until they reach 27 or 28.

Anne B had to wait 7 years because Henry was not free to marry! Elizabeth I was said to never married for sevral reasons, the one I believe is that she had Tudor blood so thick in her, she did not ever want to share her rule with a man, and there for no King would sit beside her. As for William and Kate my opinion and yours may differ as it will because i have read your past post and will agree to disagree with you....I think he has learned to live his own life by his own rules and not repeat the mistakes of his mother and father. My Opinion is that he loves Kate and why marry now when so much more will be demanded of them. This way they have time to be busy with thier own stuff. I think in time Kate will be a wonderful princess. :flowers:

PS: If you thought for some reason the POW did not want to be King then you should state that as your opinion. Not all people over here in the US believe this and some dont like when anyone speaks for a group or a Country...post #1709
Ok, I can see that I am not making any friends on this forum. Yes I am aware that Anne Boleyn could not marry Henry because he was not free. Thank you. And, yes I have heard the stories about Elizabeth. I was simply stating just one of the theories. I have changed my opinion on the POW as people say on here, and Kate. I do think William learned from his parents. I think I put that as an option to as why they are not married yet. I also said that perhaps he is busy with his own life. I actually agree with your post and don't know why I am getting attacked for a previous post before the most recent one. As for speaking for 'our' country, geez. I don't understand. All I can say is 'ouch.' :bang:

Seeing how there would be a great celebration when they get married.. I think 2013 seems about right, because the city is preparing for the Olympics right now. I mean it could happen before, but The Olympics just seem like a bigger deal to me right now. All the building and what not.

IMO, William just turned 27 earlier this year and he should just START to think about settling down. I don't think he's too old nor too young. I told my boys that they can't marry until they reach 27 or 28.
Good age. Honestly I think people who marry later in life have more successful relationships. But that is not always the case. Men, around 29 or 30 these days seem to be just getting ready to settle down. Yup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup. I agree with you, Lady Meg. What is the hurry?? As long as they are content to continue on as they are, what's the harm? Who are we to decide there fates?
Rather a happy marriage for years than an unhappy one that ends in divorce.... Just IMHO.

:ermm: Just a thought not a statement but I wonder if one of them has a touch of commitment phobia? They seem to have called it quits once already. I think Kate is his perfect match but who knows what will happen.

:ermm: Just a thought not a statement but I wonder if one of them has a touch of commitment phobia? They seem to have called it quits once already. I think Kate is his perfect match but who knows what will happen.

Considering the very public washing of the dirty linen in public of his parents' marriage breakdown I do think that William might be very well scared of making a commitment. I wouldn't actually be surprised if he never marries but strings her along for a few more years and then she goes off and marries someone else and he remains a bachelor for the rest of his life.

I know it seems a very long time ago, but I remember at the time that the "friendship" was broken off that it was Prince William who did the actual deed after speaking to his father, (or vice versa) at the time it was said that his father had told him it would be cruel to string the girl along if he didn´t attend to marry her. He called it off and she was said to have complained bitterly to her friends (those good friends again) and then she managed to be at most of the places he appeared in and obviously he couldn´t resist and they were on again. For some people this would not be very satisfactory but obviously Kate was willing to accept.
Many a royal male has had a woman in the background, for the most part the public didn´t even know, nowadays the ubiquitous paps seem to make this discretion impossible.
Anyway lately discretion seems to be the order of the day and I think that is very wise, whatever the outcome, although I am inclined to agree with
IluvB´s opinion.

Wow, I agree there may be some commitment issuses here but I don't beleave he will stay single for ever.....can't see that happening

Nor can I, Lady Ann. Even if it is not Kate, surely he will marry one day.

Considering the very public washing of the dirty linen in public of his parents' marriage breakdown I do think that William might be very well scared of making a commitment. I wouldn't actually be surprised if he never marries but strings her along for a few more years and then she goes off and marries someone else and he remains a bachelor for the rest of his life.
I hope he doesn't drag this relationship out another few years or even another year for that matter. I just don't think Kate is "the one". Men aren't afraid of commitment when they find the right person. I hope William does find the right one for him. :flowers:

Being 27 and not married doesn't automatically mean that someone has commitment phobia IMO. :flowers: And I doubt he would be in a relationship for such a quite long time if he had it... That he thinks twice when it comes to the topic marriage, is understandable in his position. Maybe he just has no fear being left on the shelf... ;)

I hope he doesn't drag this relationship out another few years or even another year for that matter. I just don't think Kate is "the one". Men aren't afraid of commitment when they find the right person. I hope William does find the right one for him. :flowers:
I agree. I was in a relationship that was VERY dis-functional for years. The guy led me on. I'm not saying this applies to William at all, but in my experience, it just isn't healthy. Especially if someone is looking to marry and marry at a certain time in their life. Once again, I know NOTHING about the two personally so I can't speak for them. Who knows what's going on. Prob just those that are closest to them. :flowers:

I've thought William could be afraid of commitment, too. Just a "sense" I have based on what little I know of him; and also, of course, his parents' history. And I also don't think he's guaranteed to marry Kate, although I'd feel bad for her if the relationship ended after so many years.

We do not know what plans these two might have made or whether they have an understanding, nor is there any evidence to support a fear of commitment. It is quite possible they have had a good long talk about their future, they are happy with the course they have chosen and they both love each other enough to wait, as many young people do. There are many couples who made a commitment early on, you can read about their divorce in the Times.

Well, none of us knows what discussions they've had (if any) or what their feelings are. It's all speculations. What we do know is that William is still young. He has time on his side. And anything can happen.

I'd feel badly for William, too.:sad:

I've thought William could be afraid of commitment, too. Just a "sense" I have based on what little I know of him; and also, of course, his parents' history. And I also don't think he's guaranteed to marry Kate, although I'd feel bad for her if the relationship ended after so many years.

What we know about Kate and William are mostly speculation, and it's good to see that they're taking the relationship at their stride. Right now it's a bit hard to imagine William ending up marrying another woman, mainly because I think royals of such popularity have a harder time finding a partner who they can love, the people can love; someone without a scandalous background, and above all, someone willing to trade her privacy for a lifetime of public service. I don't think a deep thinker like William would jump into marriage with any acceptable girl of childbearing age. He strikes me as the careful type... stubborn but careful.

That's one reason I find it hard to believe that Will and Kate won't get married and that I don't mind waiting for an engagement announcement. So long as they are together, I can wait til I'm old and crippled.

That's one reason I find it hard to believe that Will and Kate won't get married and that I don't mind waiting for an engagement announcement. So long as they are together, I can wait til I'm old and crippled.

You can wait AnnaSophia but can Kate? :lol:

Well let us hope that william wants an heir... desperately. lol

William had more liberty and privacy at that time of his life when he met Kate. Now he's older he's been rewrapped in cotton wool and it will be near impossible for most women to get near him unless they're well connected or "suitable" anyway.:rolleyes:

Besides that, what woman would want to spend the rest of her life with a man who is surrounded by security, yes men, hangers on, insufferable snobs and let's not forget the paparazzi? I think he'll either marry Kate or settle for a wealthy well connected woman from his circle regardless of love. Just as his father did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom