William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea only Kate and her family knows.

Okay...enough about Kate and her work ethic or lack of one. We could go on for days.

:flowers::):lol: The story that just won't die ....

NBC's Today Show is also running with the whole News of the World story about William and Kate having an agreement to get married in 2012. Here's the video.
Prince William?
NBC TODAY Show
Excerpt|01:29|
Aug. 16, 2009: NBC's Tom Aspell reports from London on a claim in Great Britain's best-selling Sunday paper that Prince William and longtime girlfriend Kate Middleton plan to tie the knot within the next two years.
Hulu - NBC TODAY Show: Wedding Bells for Prince William?

This video clip is from CBS' The Early Show.
LONDON, Aug. 17, 2009
William, Kate Inching Closer to Altar?
Report: Royal Plan in Place to Have Them Hitched By 2012
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5246956n&tag=related;photovideo

And ... this video clip is from ABC ( American, not Australian ) 's Good Morning, America.
August 17, 2009
Reports suggest the heir to the English throne will marry Kate Middleton in 2011

Is Prince William Getting Engaged? on Yahoo!7 Video

:photo::queen4::king::fireworks:

For me that all is still only speculation. I wonder why so many american tabloids are sure about the "future marriage". BTW, at youtube circulates a video about "wedding soon" and its two years old now :D

This story about the wedding soon has been around so long I just see all these reports as more speculation.

I remember, back in 2005 (that is 4 years ago - yes 4 years) when I woke up and saw the news tracker on the TV with 'royal engagement annouced' that I thought - 'Of William and Kate have announced their engagement'. Of course it was Charles and Camilla. Since then we have had the same predictions but no further news than that. The story really hasn't gone anywhere in the last 4 years and I am now not sure if William actually intends on marrying at all. (with the example of his parents' marriage in front of him and the failed marriages within his family - Andrew, Anne and Charles Spencer - he may actually be convinced that his family shoudn't marry!!! as they can't make them work - sure Edward and the Spencer sisters have but out of the 8 people who made up their parents families - Charles, Diana, Andrew, Edward, Anne, Charles Spencer, Jane and Sarah 5 out of 8 have had at least one failed marriage - not a good percentage).

:previous::) They're all three basically the same story that was posted in News of the World, with the usual cast of British commentators they haul out for this sort of thing. I just thought people would like to see them. They all came out in the past 3 days, so it must be a slow news week. And on all three of the major networks, too.

:previous::) They're all three basically the same story that was posted in News of the World, with the usual cast of British commentators they haul out for this sort of thing. I just thought people would like to see them. They all came out in the past 3 days, so it must be a slow news week. And on all three of the major networks, too.

:lol: Yeah, that's what I thought too--it must be a slow news day. I was really surprised, actually, that the story was presented as news on two of the top Canadian news networks.

I take any engagement rumour with a (very) large grain of salt now. I first remember reading articles about Kate in 2004 or 2005, and here it is 2009 and the same speculation is going on.

I do wish that papers etc who write about the royals could get some basic facts right.

William is NOT the heir to the British throne - his father is, but papers and even posters here seem intent on denying Charles his rightful inheritance and promote William above his father.

NB I am not having a go at anyone in particular, but posters who simply insist on describing William as 'the heir' when he is second in line. There can only be one 'the heir' at a time as the word 'heir' is singular and currently 'the heir' is Charles.

Last edited by a moderator:
NB I am not having a go at anyone in particular, but posters who simply insist on describing William as 'the heir' when he is second in line. There can only be one 'the heir' at a time as the word 'heir' is singular and currently 'the heir' is Charles.

I think some people might be confused because of the "Heir and Spare" nicknames that the press gave William and Harry back in the '80s. William's only the heir to the heir at this point! :)

I personally don't think that having not yet announced their engagement due to the fact that once they are engaged she will no longer have a life, acheives anything. Look at her life now... does she have privacy? No, she is hounded by the press and followed wherever she goes, so just go ahead william and pop the question, unless there is another reason. Let the wedding bells ring:heart1:

Can someone remind me what William's intentions are with regard to his career and when he will start doing official duties full time? The reason I ask is that if they were to marry now, William is going to be away alot of the time in the forces leaving Kate at home to do official engagements etc on her own and this may be quite a worry for the Royal Family and indeed Kate, because of the situation that occured with the Duke and Duchess of York.

At the same time, it may be too early to introduce William and Kate into a life of official engagements because we already have the Monarch, her husband, the Heir, his wife and various other royals already doing duties and adding a third generation to the ranks is going to be somewhat unusual. The idea that they marry and live a life outside royal duties for a while whilst he carries on his career is not going to work either because the media will still hound them and their life will certainly not be private.

On the other hand, if they do marry within the next year or two, given Williams position within in the royal family, I suspect that the wedding will actually be a much lower key affair than we would all hope. In fact, I cannot help feeling that he will want to marry in the Guard's Chapel and this low key approach will set a precedence as to how he wants to present himself and his new wife in the next few years until such time as he actually does become next in line to the throne and his position becomes more important. It's all very confusing and uncertain!

Last edited:
From what I remember the actual training will take about 2 years - meaning he won't be fully trained until early 2011.

He is then supposed to serve for between 18 months and 3 years as an SAR pilot.

That is as I remember the stated plans but someone might have more information than my fading memory.

I think the sooner they marry the better. It would give them a decent run at playing happy families and not being in the limelight all the time. Rather like the early years of the previous Duke and Duchess of York.

I don't think that there can be any real comparison between Prince William's land based duty and fhe present Duke of York, Prince Andrew's monrha away at sea. I also think that times have changed, in fact so has everyone since the bad old days of bereft Sarah getting a hammering from the press in his absence. I cannot see the Queen or Prince Charles allowing it to happen.

Because William is the heir's heir, he has, barring some terrible catastrophe, years to have both a meaningful career and a family life.

I think they should only marry if both want to - and not according to anyone else's dictates. If William decides that Kate isn't the one, at some later stage, why should he marry her? Plenty of girls get their hearts broken when they thought their relationship would lead to marriage.

I think the sooner they marry the better. It would give them a decent run at playing happy families and not being in the limelight all the time. Rather like the early years of the previous Duke and Duchess of York..
The difference with the previous Duke and Duchess of York (I assume you mean George VI and Elizabeth the Queen Mother) was that while they were the Duke and Duchess of York everyone expected Edward to marry and have his own children. Along with that was the deference with which the royal family were held at the time.

These days the public demand to know what they are doing and consequently the media will print and run stories to satisfy the demands of the public. This is the result of the celebrity culture, letting the light in on the mystery, tell-all books and interviews etc by royals and those connected with them. Consequently the instant William and Kate (or whomever he marries) will be public property and the British and world public simply won't let them play happy families. They will have to be preforming seals for the public who will devour every story and photo and demand more (which hopefully won't end as sadly as it did with William's mother who was hounded to her death by the demands of the public for photos of her - I don't blame anyone but her so called fans for her death as they would buy the photos taken that night and so created the demand for the photos).

William and Kate will wait as long as possible, in my opinion knowing that full time royal duties will begin as soon as the honeymoon ends and also the speculation and photographing of the 'tummy' to see if she is pregnanat as the demands for the next monarch will also begin the same day as they walk down the aisle.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if William doesn't marry for another 10 or so years (and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't marry Kate either).

That being said - watch BP announe the engagement tonight Sydney time - perfect as the Ashes test and start of the football season will take people's attention away for a bit:ROFLMAO:.

Well it was on television so it must be true. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for that link, dazzling. :flowers:

I'm beginning to think that the press have adopted the idea that if they just keep guessing dates that they are bound to get it right eventually. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah! Note the part at 1:50 about the palace wanting to "boost William's celebrity." That's, I'm sure, what the Palaces want--for William to be a "celebrity.";)

Well it was on television so it must be true. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for that link, dazzling. :flowers:

Last edited:
I don't think so, Sonjapearl. The only resemblance I see is the hair but the rest of her Ladyship is ummm, shall we say, a tad heavier than Kate? Also I think that Kate has shown herself to be a bit classier in her dress-sense. IMHO, of course.. :)

There's something about her eyes that say to me she resembles Kate to an extent.

But aside from that, why would Mandrake publish such an article while there are rumors of an upcoming engagement between Wills and Kate? Who are they trying to make look bad?

In regards to the dress, I remember reading eons ago that William likes racy women.

Ella Kay, I do remember hearing about him going to Cornwall around his birthday, but it wasn't reported as much.

ETA: Wait, yes it was reported. That was when it was reported Wills and Kate registered in a hotel as Mr and Mrs. Smith. But wasn't that a different holiday?

Last edited:
I am starting to wonder if the sum total of all the news together actually means something. I think that a ton of it is just speculation and others are just flat-out false. But when you add it all up, it just makes me wonder if something is afloat.

A picture is worth a thousand words, if I remember correctly. This one certainly says a lot!

A picture is worth a thousand words, if I remember correctly. This one certainly says a lot!

Well I hope it says that Prince William know the difference of LUST AND LOVE.
This girl has a lot of meat on her and not the press watching her every move.

I think this is just press talking.

If Prince William does not marry Kate Middleton in the next few years - I will not think highly of William. But again he did say
he would not marry until he was older. Let's just hope he loves Kate.:rolleyes::):rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom