William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know -- she's not getting glowing press exactly these days, but things do seemed to have calmed from the fever-pitch they reached last fall. I think she's done well to move to a place where she can be more protected.

I also doubt that the royal family cares as much about negative press as we might imagine they do. Because really, once you've lived through the Fergie and Diana days, surely this level of hoopla about jobs and roller discos and car phones must roll right off the shoulders.

I would guess the earliest we would likely know of an engagement is next February, and anything could happen between then and now. Maybe she'll do a Jane Wellesley and take off for more pleasant pastures.

That's what I'm betting on, iowabelle -- February '10 engagement, June/July '10 wedding. It would correspond perfectly with the ending of his training, and they could start their married life as an RAF couple.

I don't know -- she's not getting glowing press exactly these days, but things do seemed to have calmed from the fever-pitch they reached last fall. I think she's done well to move to a place where she can be more protected.

I also doubt that the royal family cares as much about negative press as we might imagine they do. Because really, once you've lived through the Fergie and Diana days, surely this level of hoopla about jobs and roller discos and car phones must roll right off the shoulders.

I think they would care very much if the girl was going to be William's bride.
From year to year, I haven't believed any of the engagement hype surrounding her. From what I see she went home when the press got bad.
I think in the end she will be his first serious longtime girlfriend.

After seeing how Kate's press has become less than stellar, for a girlfriend "supposedly" leading to an engagement, I can't see where she is being "readied" or "groomed" for becoming William's fiancee. She still seems to be longtime girlfriend only.
Kate is depicted almost daily by the UK tabloid press, in a negative story. I don't honestly feel the Palace would have allowed such , if she was going to be Pr. William's future Queen Consort. Each new story about her is negative for the most part, she seems to be left out there on her own, when a negative press story arises, taking shelter (as well as supposedly working) in her parents home. Her mother one week seemed to try to defend herself,her family against the press in a roundabout way in the Telegraph a few months ago, that alone made me feel that Kate is on her own as far as her own "pr."

William also has not done what Pr. Edward did for Sophie during the dating process and asked the press to please leave her alone , in so many words. Yes ,Kate sells newspapers, so the press will write about her, but I don't see where anything is being done to bring her under the Palace protective fold, because her press has become so negative before she has even become his fiancee or bride.
Before Sophie married she was rumoured to be staying inside the Palace for a few days a week, for years before, getting acquainted with Palace life. No such thing has been done for Kate, from what I have seen.

I believe Kate may be a long time first serious girlfriend of the Prince in the end, as has happened for several other European Princes in the past.
William is 26 and dating her for at least six of those, still seems quite in University mode with her. University romances do not always lead to marriage and I don't see Pr. William having the maturity yet which makes me believe marriage is around the corner. :nonono:

William has most certainly asked the press to leave Kate alone as has the then PM Tony Blair. There have been formal and informal complaints to the PCC in the past as well.

I think they would care very much if the girl was going to be William's bride.

That may be so -- but I also have a feeling that their own assessment of her character and behavior would in the end be more important than what tabloids print about her in an effort to sell papers.

Kate is depicted almost daily by the UK tabloid press, in a negative story.
If you have a look for yourself, you will find there is very little in the UK press that actually involves Kate Middleton.

We do have the 'lets link this story to a friend of a third cousin who once purchased a cup of tea in the same street' type story, which goes to prove there is no news about her.:flowers:

If you have a look for yourself, you will find there is very little in the UK press that actually involves Kate Middleton.

Correct, there are hardly any stories about Kate Middleton these days. Probably because the coverage reached a degree where people said "oh not again" and simply became tired of the topic, and the tabloids responded to that.

I believe it's a good thing that Kate is out of the media (not sure though whether she will remain the first serious girlfriend or finally become a fiancee) and if she continues to do so for some more time, months or even a year, and an engagement is what will finally come out of it, I think that she has a good chance to be seen as "fresh", with people quickly forgetting about the controversies of the past and a good chance to become "everybody's darling" (can you believe it :)). Making headlines didn't do Kate any good ... but staying out of the limelight for some time can make all the difference in her case.

:previous:

I agree the least said about her the better at this time. I do remember not that long ago that a friend of a friend (???) said that she was no longer "THE" girlfriend but "A" girlfriend, but as no other girlfriend seems to have appeared I really don´t know about that.

Oh, now-now could you imagine the back lash on William if at this point she went from "THE" girlfriend to "A" girlfriend. That would say awful things about Miss Middleton, I don't believe she would put up with that... not for on second..Good lord I can see the head lines now " Prince William leads Kate on for years just to find new girlfriend for the next six years" lol

Actually I think that might just happen, and remember a royal prince can get away with more than a commoner can and it has been done many times before and in more than just the British Isles. It happened in Spain more than once, in Denmark, Sweden etc etc
unfortunately for these girls the prince is the important one.

... I don't honestly feel the Palace would have allowed such , if she was going to be Pr. William's future Queen Consort.

unless the palace has changed their stance, they don't come to the defence of royal girlfriends that are being mentioned in the press except in rare circumstances (i.e the diana/royal train incident). remember the bashing that camilla parker bowles took from the media and the public...the palace didn't come to her defense that's for sure and i don't remember charles rushing to defend her honour publicly either other than to say that she's "not negotiable. "IF" catherine marries into this family then she'll have to grow a thick skin.

We do have the 'lets link this story to a friend of a third cousin who once purchased a cup of tea in the same street' type story, which goes to prove there is no news about her.:flowers:

This article was in the press the other day. They have to make up something.
Kate Middleton 'desperate' for baby - Monsters and Critics

Kate does seem desperate, imo.
Waiting hasn't worked, being available hasn't worked.

P.S. When Mr. Blair asked that Kate and William be left alone, it was when Pr. William had dumped her.
William didn't ask. Mr. Blair did.
Also when William complained to the PCC it was because the press had chased his car when he was on a night out at at nightclub with Kate. It was to stop the press from following his car.
When Kate complained to the PCC it was "her" complaint because the press was following her outside of work when she had a coffee cup , William had dumped her at that point, unbeknownst at the time to the public,but it was revealed in the press a few days later.

So he hasn't asked. imo

Never truer words have been spoken.

We actually don't know if these plans have worked or not as we don't know what understanding they may have about getting married.

Her whole approach may be the one that she and William have agreed to and the press, and consequently the public, are putting an interpretation on events that simply isn't the case.

This thread has been uncharacteristically quiet for a few days now. Common Kate, get out there, go sunbathing topless, do something.............

This thread has been uncharacteristically quiet for a few days now. Common Kate, get out there, go sunbathing topless, do something.............

Your right, we need something outrageous to shock us all :)
Maybe a baby. ;);)
X

Your right, we need something outrageous to shock us all :)
Maybe a baby. ;);)
X
We could easily make up a and the tabloids will exploit it and quote us as 'anonymous sources':lol: They are so desperate for headlines!

Watch tommorow front page of every newspaper, she'll be pregnant or be topless somewhere or something ridiculous. Bet you those tabloids check this website daily for ideas :lol::lol:
x

Watch tommorow front page of every newspaper, she'll be pregnant or be topless somewhere or something ridiculous. Bet you those tabloids check this website daily for ideas :lol::lol:
x
Wow, topless is another brilliant idea! What about practising woodoo to make William marry her?:lol::eek:
I guess this post should be deleated, but I just can't stop myself. Sorry.

You mean voodoo hehe :)
That would be abit over the top for the "calm and collected future Queen" :lol::lol:
x

There's already rumors going around that Kate used witchcraft to get William back in 2007.

Let's hope the tabloids aren't dumb enough to actually make that a story!

There's already rumors going around that Kate used witchcraft to get William back in 2007.

Let's hope the tabloids aren't dumb enough to actually make that a story!

Are you kidding?:eek:? I had no idea that they had run this story. I really thought that my voodoo-joke was so ridiculous that nobody in their right minds would buy anything even vaguely like it! This is the 21st century, who would believe in Kate using withcraft? Such a headline comes some 500 years too late, medieaval age is history!!

Does make you wonder, doesn't it, that if Kate had been living at the cottage, there would have been pictures of her coming and going. I believe all the papers had photos of the building and it wasn't that remote. At the minimum, there would have been one shot of her car on the road leading to it. (Hey, they found her on the phone driving in Buckleberry.) The fact that there is a virtual news black out leads me to think she never stayed there frequently. Either that or the photographers that surrounded her just a year ago must all have hit lottory jackpots.

Without getting into the whole work debate I'm thinking it's like you said she probably wasn't there that often, I'm assuming due to work commitments maybe she visited later at night after she got off work or something and of course William always has weekends off to come and see her.

OG, I'm so not going there about work.:flowers: & your thoughts on William visiting her is just as reasonable as the other way around.

Must say, more power to them both for turning off the media circus, almost completely.

Yes, your right and yes it's very good if they are able to get away from the media and be able to spend quality time together :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom