William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're way past the point of no return, and I'd be shocked if they do not marry -- each other. But the mystery surrounding this relationship, any date(s), and/or intention smells of William's infamous stubborness. I can't be mad at him about it. Since when does anyone who doesn't have his ear about important decisions in his life deserve to be privy to anything, including what color shirt he'll wear on a Saturday.:)

Exactly. She's not allowing herself to become a cash cow for the tabloids. If things don't work out with William, this way it's easier as well for her to get on with her life. If she were out and about more, that would be harder.:flowers:

I think Catherine through her living out of the limelight shows us exactly what she thinks of people who assume the worst of her if they get no information - she simply ignores them. And that ability not to cater to the public like a celeb but staying quietly and dignified behind closed doors is exactly what "ladylike" means.

Agreed with both of you -- I think the fact that she's guarding her privacy now means that if things weren't to work out, she'd be able to move on more quietly. Plus, if they do end up getting married, it may also mean that she'll be a dignified royal spouse who won't be granting interviews hither and thither and yon.

Yea I think staying out of the limelight is better for her than having her pics splashed all over the tabloids. I mean all the tabloids do is rip her apart anyway.

Exactly. She's not allowing herself to become a cash cow for the tabloids.

Exactly....and that is one of the reasons, IMO, she has been getting bad press for the last 9-12 months. Her steadfast refusal to provide the media with any fodder has to be one of the single biggest reasons for the regular negative media commentary about her.

I think that William and Kate may well plod along for the next few years in much the same way as Victoria and Daniel did. In could be the case that they love each other enough to think about the long term future and are therefore comfortable with just being together for a while. No one these days wants to rush ahead with getting married just for the sake of it (and in royal terms just to please the tabloids!) and after another couple of years we'll be at the stage Victoria and Daniel were at where an announcement will be expected any time but will still be quite a surprise.

:previous:
Sounds very plausible.

Exactly....and that is one of the reasons, IMO, she has been getting bad press for the last 9-12 months. Her steadfast refusal to provide the media with any fodder has to be one of the single biggest reasons for the regular negative media commentary about her.

the bad press started much earlier - kate used to be untouchable for a long time until she split with william. although they got back together the media started to sense that william might not be as committed as he should be towards a longstanding girlfriend. all of a sudden her partying, shopping, not working etc became a major topic and started to damage her image. unfortunately she did not get the development quickly enough and continued with silly stuff like the roller disco or sisterhood project. it would have been wiser to do back then what she does now: kate nowhere to be seen. somebody is learning a lesson i guess.

I doubt if Will & Kate were "separated" for more than 3 months, and if that indicated a lack of seriousness on the part of Will, her subsequent presence at a number of key events in his life (RAF Wings, Garter......) ought to have addressed that. As regards the charity involvements, they were just that. If atabloid decides to trash an event, whether it is Trooping the Colour or a charity rioller disco, they can go ahead and do that - and they are answerable only to their dumbded down readers. No rational argument is going to stop them doing that.

unfortunately she did not get the development quickly enough and continued

Even now that she has virtually disssappeared from public view, the tabloids can't stop from writng silly negative stories about her.... so I think she is doing the right thing and keeping to herself.

I agree the only thing for certain is that none of us knows. Some of us get too invested in her future and some of us look at the spectacle at a distance.
If that "princess school" happenned it is either a very recent event or she did not take notes. A princess school instructor would have never allowed her to go roller skating with that sequined number or be seen coming out of night clubs at the wee houres of the morning.:nonono::flowers:

Treat like what?

Like William's favourite cardigan. She is there when he wants her and makes herself scarce when he is not.

Whats wrong with that? In a lot of relationships that work work,personal space is a key factor. What else are you expecting her to do? Go with him when he is on a military exercise? :)

If that "princess school" happenned it is either a very recent event or she did not take notes. A princess school instructor would have never allowed her to go roller skating with that sequined number or be seen coming out of night clubs at the wee houres of the morning.:nonono::flowers:

Let me jog your memory: The roller skating with that sequined number was at a 1980s style themed charity event organised in memory of a deceased friend - nothing wrong with that in my book. If anything, she should have been commended for doing so. However, some tabloids have decided that was inapporpriate because of a picture taken from an unfortunate angle,and as a result, a lot of people appear to be taking that as the gospel.

As regards "seen coming out of night clubs at the wee houres of the morning", I cannot see anything wrong with that. It is not too often, she never appears dishevelled or drunk, she is never seen dressed inapporpriately or doing anything that may be interpreted as ionapporpraite, so whats the problem? :ermm:

:previous: It is obvious that we have diametrically opposite views on this subject.
A young lady who allows herself to be around when needed and stay away when she is not, in my humble opinion, does not respect herself enough to set some ground rules in a relationship. Much less when we talk about a prince and his classmate. No matter how democratic royal families are becoming, the class difference between those two should be bridged somehow to set the path for a future.
I remember the event and the reason and theme for it. However that did not mean that a lady who may wish to be the next Queen of England had to show up in a pair of hot pants.
It matters not how often or recently anyone showed up sloshed or crawling out of a night club. One picture as they say is worth a 1000 words.
It is not a matter of what I want. I am just a spectator in this and feel free to post my opinion on how I see it. If some see this as admirable behaviour, who am I to contradict them?

Of course we are all entitled to our opinions, and that is what the purpose of TRF is (in my view), and different views only make for an interesting conversation.

A young lady who allows herself to be around when needed and stay away when she is not, in my humble opinion, does not respect herself enough to set some ground rules in a relationship. Much less when we talk about a prince and his classmate.

In the context of a relationship between a serving member of the armed forces and his girlfriend, how do you think the relationship should be run differently so that Kate can keep her "respect" and what "ground rules" would you like to see that you believe do not exist? Clearly this conversation is based on the snippet of information about couple that are in the public domain.

It matters not how often or recently anyone showed up sloshed or crawling out of a night club. One picture as they say is worth a 1000 words.

Are there any such pictures out there that are worth thousand of words?

As regards "seen coming out of night clubs at the wee houres of the morning", I cannot see anything wrong with that. It is not too often, she never appears dishevelled or drunk, she is never seen dressed inapporpriately or doing anything that may be interpreted as ionapporpraite, so whats the problem? :ermm:

On the contrary, I have seen pics of her appearing to be smashed (drunk), and I have also seen pics of her wearing skirts so short her undies were showing. I would post a link, but I don't want to get in trouble for posting something inappropriate.

Those pics were taken during her "split" from William in 2007.

For the record, I am neutral when it comes to Kate. I just wish the media would publish the facts and not look the other way when something good or not happens. In other words, be reporters not PR people!

On the contrary, I have seen pics of her appearing to be smashed (drunk), and I have also seen pics of her wearing skirts so short her undies were showing. I would post a link, but I don't want to get in trouble for posting something inappropriate.

Those pics were taken during her "split" from William in 2007.

For the record, I am neutral when it comes to Kate. I just wish the media would publish the facts and not look the other way when something good or not happens. In other words, be reporters not PR people!

If you are confident of your sources, I am sure the moderators would aloow you to post links to the stories and pictures you may be referring to.

I have seen a couple of photos in the British Press of William and Kate coming out of a night club trying to get into a car last year which was too small for them (they're both quite tall and the car was not a royal car one would expect to pick them up from a night on the tiles) and they kind of struggled to get in. They were laughing and joking and I would guess 4/5th of Kate's bare legs were visable! I cannot vouch for having seen underwear in those photos but wouldn't want to anyway thankyou very much! Nor could I say they were drunk. However, clearly something was amiss that night because I cannot recall any decorum or regality in what they were doing. I really don't mind royals going to night clubs but abit of decorum especially when cameras are present wouldn't go amiss. Don't forget that it seems to be in the British code of conduct these days to get drunk while wearing next to nothing, fall about all over the place as you wait for a taxi and get into the odd fight here and there. It seems that our young royals have occasionally emulated this and are allowed by their parents to act in this way. Talk about dumbed down royals! Goodness only knows what kind of princess school or instruction Kate might get or be getting by the palace flunkies but unfortunately it sure ain't gonna be the same school attended by Daniel Westling, Maxima, Mette-Marit, Letizia, Victoria, or Mary!

:previous:
All looks clean to me!

Maybe Kate should choose some longer dresses when she knows there will be cameras around, but I think the saddest part is that there are photographers who will do things like lay on the sidewalk to try to get a picture up a young woman's skirt. Those pictures aren't just some shot the paparazzi manage to catch -- they're trying to take pictures like those, because they're scandalous and will sell. That's disgusting, if you ask me.

Well, I suppose it is a relief to us all to know that the possible future queen of Great Britain wears under-garments and that they are not directoires, long johns or boxer shorts:lol:

Perhaps if there were stricter rules imposed on journalists and photographers in this country and they were forced to show formal respect to those they are taking pictures of, they would have averted their goggling little eyes and the over-used lenses of their cameras when young ladies are alighting from vehicles!

These pictures do remind me, however, that the fashion industry is taking everyone for a ride by designing and producing clothes made from much less material yet for higher prices! If the credit crunch continues, next season's fashion designs will compose of little more than a yard (if that) of ribbon and a couple of teabag and the price will be twice as much as Kate's skirts! :ohmy:

There is at least one site out there that has pictures that weren't in the British papers. I know because I've seen the pictures. Let me take a look around.

If you are confident of your sources, I am sure the moderators would aloow you to post links to the stories and pictures you may be referring to.

Yes, I agree. Really, how many people like us want to see Kate's underwear? Not many, I'd wager. :ermm:

Maybe Kate should choose some longer dresses when she knows there will be cameras around, but I think the saddest part is that there are photographers who will do things like lay on the sidewalk to try to get a picture up a young woman's skirt. Those pictures aren't just some shot the paparazzi manage to catch -- they're trying to take pictures like those, because they're scandalous and will sell. That's disgusting, if you ask me.

As already pointed out, IMO the point of comment is that there are depraved photographers out there willing to take pictures like that, or worse still, editors willing top publish them. They are just photographs taken from an unfortunate angle, IMO. We live is a relatively permissive society, and a young girl wearing a tasteful short dress is not frowned upon, so I am not in the least bit concerned that the dresses that Kate has been photographed are unbecoming of the role she may be called upon to take, in the future.

As already pointed out, IMO the point of comment is that there are depraved photographers out there willing to take pictures like that, or worse still, editors willing top publish them. They are just photographs taken from an unfortunate angle, IMO. We live is a relatively permissive society, and a young girl wearing a tasteful short dress is not frowned upon, so I am not in the least bit concerned that the dresses that Kate has been photographed are unbecoming of the role she may be called upon to take, in the future.

:unsure:

To be honest, I feel really embarrassed now that I posted those links. I realize that I sound like I'm trying to bash Kate, but all I really wanted to do was prove she's not as innocent as the press makes her out to be. I never liked how the press made her sound like she could walk on water. I never once thought about the photographers. Now, I feel really silly and stupid.

:previous:You are neither silly nor stupid for posting them. It is sometimes difficult to remember that Kate, good or bad, is still a young woman entitled to follow the normal fashion trends. She shouldn't be forced to dress in a manner that might accommodate other peoples view of what is right for a possible future princess. It is not unusual for photographers to take the most revealing photographs of a young woman and infer that she is less than savoury because of them, the 'men' who indulge their fantasies in this way, really are pathetic creatures.

the other side of the story is that it is no secret that the british tabloids will print anything they get in order to make money. they are known for being ruthless, not only since yesterday.

everybody, including kate middleton, knows that these parameters won't change and that it is a certainty that such pictures will be printed. so if you don't want to be photographed in an unfortunate angle, with your normal short dress appearing shorter and maybe revealing more that you or other people want to see the next day DO NOT BRING YOURSELF IN THE POSITION to be photographed like that. very simple.

nobody ever forced kate middleton to go out in a short dress / getting hammered in a club / wearing roller skates and hotpants, therefore the only conclusion is that she takes such pictures / coverage into account as calculated risk.

therefore the only conclusion is that she takes such pictures / coverage into account as calculated risk.
:D Not the only one, perhaps she thinks 'oh naff off you little squib, just wait until the wedding'! :whistling::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think both Sky and the Duke have made a valid point: such low life exist, and you just need to be careful of what you wear, especially when you are concerned that there may be a phtographer around. That said, little incidents like this happen, and I for one, do not really take much notice of them. I personally have no problen with Kate's sense of dress.

I don't know about the blue dress, but I've seen photos of her wearing the other two and there is nothing scandalous about them, both are really knee-length.

We all know that slim-cut skirts ride up when you sit, especially when you're trying to get into or out of a car.

And if there's a photographer shooting from just the right angle he/she could get an underwear shot... IMO, these photos say more about the photographer than they say about Kate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom