William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with some of the things you say here.
I guess you could read it that way if you wanted to, but to me, that article seemed much more about William and the possible elitist move of moving off the base because the rooms weren't good enough. Kate really seemed like an afterthought in the piece, IMO.

In sickness and in health

I've heard that Kate is very caring of William when he is feeling poorly and that is a very important part of a relationship don't you think? What he needs as a prince is someone who can make him a nice hot lemon drink when he feels sick. And it's good she's not beneath doing things like that.

Good grief! Do people cry at weddings instead?

I believe the mother of the bride quite often cries....:lol:
Whatever the religious ceremony, whether joyful or sad it isn´t very well brought up to giggle. Well at least the way I was brought up.

I guess you could read it that way if you wanted to, but to me, that article seemed much more about William and the possible elitist move of moving off the base because the rooms weren't good enough. Kate really seemed like an afterthought in the piece, IMO.

You are right one could read it that way and judging by some others people's comments on the story they read it like that also.:nonono:

But agree with you it does make Kate look like an afterthought in that piece.

You are right one could read it that way and judging by some others people's comments on the story they read it like that also.:nonono:

Those who would read it that way already have a preconceived notion of Kate, though, I think. They want to think the worst of the situation, and they'll read it that way, even though there's really nothing in the article to support it. That's all I'm saying.

Well they may do, but personally I dont believe the story to begin with.

I am a little surprised he is keeping his room on base. Mine moved into a hiring as soon as was humanly possible. As much as anything, if it is true, it was probably to accommodate his PPO's and give him a little more privacy.

Elitist, possibly, but in this instance I don't blame him! :lol: :flowers:

Elitist, possibly, but in this instance I don't blame him! :lol: :flowers:

Heck, if I were in his position and had the money, I might make the same choice! :) I just think that the Sun was trying to jab a little at that "elitist" sensibility in the article.

I think we have to keep in mind is that the Royal family has become very sensitive about public perception.England has just entered into a recession,and William's wedding would be a grand affair,costing many millions of pounds.They may have to wait for more favorable economic times.

Waiting for better economic times could take a while!

Personally, I'm starting to think William and Kate aren't going to marry for a long time.

Or they have a scaled-down wedding, like Edward and Sophie (only in London rather than Windsor), as a way to hopefully boost the local economy. It could be sort of the same thing that the recent inauguration in America did for Washington, DC -- it cost some money to put on, but there was a serious boost to local businesspeople catering to all the visitors.

I'm reluctant to put a timeline on this at all, but I'm still thinking that summer 2010 seems to be the best bet at the moment.

I just don't think he will marry her. Something tells me that they'll be close for a good while but forever, I'm not sure. I agree that he hasn't really had much of a chance to date/meet other royalty or even other commoners, and even with all of the pressures on him, I think he would have done something by now. Then again, we don't know what he's been promising her. At this point, she has more to lose than he does, for sure.

At this point one would hope that he has at lest told her of his intentions. We on the other hand will just have to sit back and wait.

Ella Kay when you say Summer 2010 is that the engagement or wedding?

Ella Kay when you say Summer 2010 is that the engagement or wedding?

I would guess that for a wedding, with an early '10 announcement. The royals tend (as a general, but not hard and fast, rule) to announce engagements in February and have July weddings. But I don't anticipate that for this year. William will have finished his training by summer '10, so that's why I'm guessing that date.

But that's only based on my conjecture. I don't have any inside info, sadly. ;)

Edward's wedding was a small affair because he not directly in line to the throne,while William is second in line and will someday be king.So a big production is in order.A big splashy wedding is what royals do best.

The world has confirmed a recession! Does not mean that people with more money then they know what to do with will not spend it. No matter where they live. IMO

Edward's wedding was a small affair because he not directly in line to the throne,while William is second in line and will someday be king.So a big production is in order.A big splashy wedding is what royals do best.

Lots of things have changed for the royals since the days of big splashy weddings, though. Three divorces of senior royals, more intrusive media, more openness about their finances, etc. As the world of royalty changes (and scales back, to some extent, as people are less and less willing to pay for things like security for minor royals), the days of the Charles-and-Di-style wedding may just be over. Especially now that the world's economies are in crisis.

Plus, I don't know, William seems less grand over all than his father. He might balk at the idea of the humongous St. Paul's and all wedding.

What ever happened to Karagiosis he vanished after his two weeks was up!! Maybe he had the wrong royal couple?????

I think Karagiosis may have been right with part of the prediction only he had the wrong couple as you say Lady Ann.

It has been my understanding that Karagiosis has been banned. So new predictions will not appear.

---- snipped --- He might balk at the idea of the humongous St. Paul's and all wedding.
I don't think he will have a great deal of say in the matter! :D They could of course just pop up to Gretna!

Lots of things have changed for the royals since the days of big splashy weddings, though. Three divorces of senior royals, more intrusive media, more openness about their finances, etc. As the world of royalty changes (and scales back, to some extent, as people are less and less willing to pay for things like security for minor royals), the days of the Charles-and-Di-style wedding may just be over. Especially now that the world's economies are in crisis.

Plus, I don't know, William seems less grand over all than his father. He might balk at the idea of the humongous St. Paul's and all wedding.

I tend to agree with you that William does appear a lot less formal than his father, and times have changed since the wedding of C&D. That said, I do think William will have a big wedding, and it will be of the equivalent stature as a state event. I don't think the economic environment will necessarily delay a wedding, but may make it relatively (in the context!) a smaller affair - the celebrations may be restricted to the day itself, and perhaps the wedding only takes place at the Abbey -thereby restricting the route of the ceremonial procession, and hence the security costs.

I don't think the economic environment will necessarily delay a wedding, but may make it relatively (in the context!) a smaller affair - the celebrations may be restricted to the day itself, and perhaps the wedding only takes place at the Abbey -thereby restricting the route of the ceremonial procession, and hence the security costs.
Much like Princess Elizabeth's in fact! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom