William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry to say that I will have to agree with Ella Kay and hope for early next year..sorry Menare I doubt it will be never but, you know us Kate lovers always waiting for the second coming of the fairy tale lol ....happy posting

Lady Ann,perhaps we don't even need to think about fairy-tales anymore:the reality of this relationship could be "stronger" than a fairy-tale.I believe William is going to need-and maybe love her-more as time passes by...:rose2:

I have a feeling we won't be hearing an announcement for some time. My best guess is that they'll marry after William finishes his training (eighteen months from now, around summer 2010) and begin their married life on a military base as he begins his three-year tour as a pilot. I would imagine an announcement of an official engagement wouldn't come, then, until late this year or early next.

Quite possibly - or they might even wait until his 3 years service is over thus making a wedding date possible in 2013. It depends whether they would want to start their married life on a military base, will the Royal Family want Kate to start official duties without William. I couldnt imagne that the public would be content with them marrying and then not carrying out duties who knows? :whistling: the guess game will continue until (if) they annouce an engagement/wedding date - goodness then we will all be on baby-watch!!! :lol::lol:

Lady Ann,perhaps we don't even need to think about fairy-tales anymore:the reality of this relationship could be "stronger" than a fairy-tale.I believe William is going to need-and maybe love her-more as time passes by...:rose2:
So sorry iakynthi, it was a inside joke. I believe( Imo) or should I say hope that reality is stronger ...I believe he already loves her very much and it is always great when love grows... :flowers: I should keep my inside puns inside..no offense ...

No,it's ok.Whether we believe in fairy-tales or not,I'm just saying that I "see" a strong bond between these two ;)

Oh yes and I was one of the Kate lovers I was speaking of ...Love them together wish they would marry already....We all know fairy tales are few and far between. so I don't hold my breath for them any more! l was just making a joke with another poster...happy posting..

Sorry,the truth is I don't come here often,at least not often enough to know when you're joking ;) By the way,I want to make clear that what I said about the strong bond between them is not a fact or something I read confirmed as a fact,it's just a feeling I have these last days and of course,I might be wrong :wave:

Well I for one enjoy are little posts and hope that part will never end...even after an announcement ...(If / when) the opinions of the forum always come in handy to me even if I don't always agree. It is sometimes fun to just agree to disgree..after a nice go at it ...

I have a feeling we won't be hearing an announcement for some time. My best guess is that they'll marry after William finishes his training (eighteen months from now, around summer 2010) and begin their married life on a military base as he begins his three-year tour as a pilot. I would imagine an announcement of an official engagement wouldn't come, then, until late this year or early next.

I think this time frame is very much in line with my thinking. I suspect a weddig in summer 2010 will mean an engagement probably in early 2010.

My sense is that they will start life on an armed forces base (or living close by in a rented home). Kate will probably start royal duties in a relatively low key way, and typically will try and restrict them to broadly to the part of the country they are based in. In addition to these, she may start to do some engagements with Camilla and perhaps, Charles, or may occasionally be seen supporting the Queen. In addition to all of this, Will & Kate will start to do joint engagements in his spare time. They will certainly be regulars at all the "big" events: Trooping of the Colour, Cenotaph, .......... My sense is that Kate's diary will be managed so that she is not physically away from "home" for extended periods of time without Will being with her. Wd love to hear what others feel about how this may managed.

Sorry,the truth is I don't come here often,at least not often enough to know when you're joking ;) By the way,I want to make clear that what I said about the strong bond between them is not a fact or something I read confirmed as a fact,it's just a feeling I have these last days and of course,I might be wrong :wave:

Well that is true, you might be wrong. :whistling: But to spend her birthday night with her indicates some kind of bond.

"Some kind of bond":Right,I guess they could be cousins or classmates :whistling::whistling: Is that what you mean? :bangin: :D

"Some kind of bond":Right,I guess they could be cousins or classmates :whistling::whistling: Is that what you mean? :bangin: :D

Of course, I meant exactly that...... :cool:
Well what I really meant is that there is definitely something they have in common, some interest or activity.

...Like,for example,watching the stars or jogging :whistling:
Oh,and they were born in the same year :bounce:

My sense is that they will start life on an armed forces base (or living close by in a rented home). Kate will probably start royal duties in a relatively low key way, and typically will try and restrict them to broadly to the part of the country they are based in. In addition to these, she may start to do some engagements with Camilla and perhaps, Charles, or may occasionally be seen supporting the Queen. In addition to all of this, Will & Kate will start to do joint engagements in his spare time. They will certainly be regulars at all the "big" events: Trooping of the Colour, Cenotaph, .......... My sense is that Kate's diary will be managed so that she is not physically away from "home" for extended periods of time without Will being with her. Wd love to hear what others feel about how this may managed.

This is precisely what I think would happen. Kate would be slowly introduced to Royal duties, starting with joint engagments and low-key local events. And she would be with William for some events and with the rest of the family for the big events. That sounds perfectly reasonable to me, and should satisfy the public's desire to see her in "princess" mode and also meet her own needs.

I think it's important to remember that she's not getting any younger. She's already 27, and, if they waited till 2013 to marry, and assuming she wanted some time with William to get used to being married and a member of the Royal Family, she'd be heading towards her mid 30s before having her first child. I think they might like to marry earlier so they could start a family while she is a bit younger than that, so I'm betting on next year.

That is, if they marry at all. But the way things are going, I think they will.

I'm just shocked the astrologers haven't prepared their charts yet.

i wouldnt be suprised if the fact they have YET to announce their engagement offically has nothing to do with wills army commitments at all..

i have the feeling its more that he & kath are enjoying their last couple of yrs away from the spotlight while the Queen is still alive and performing her duties....heaven knows when the Queen dies, all eyes will be on P Charles and i would venture to say on Wills even more

thats just speculation on my part..again:D

altho i wouldnt be surprised if i were right

I'm sure if they do announce an engagement there will be enormous pressure on them by the press more so then now so I imagine that may be why they're holding off

Interesting one. My sense is that they will start life on an armed forces base (or living close by in a rented home). Kate will probably start royal duties in a relatively low key way, and typically will try and restrict them to broadly to the part of the country they are based in. In addition to these, she may start to do some engagements with Camilla and perhaps, Charles, or may occasionally be seen supporting the Queen. In addition to all of this, Will & Kate will start to do joint engagements in his spare time. They will certainly be regulars at all the "big" events: Trooping of the Colour, Cenotaph, .......... My sense is that Kate's diary will be managed so that she is not physically away from "home" for extended periods of time without Will being with her. Wd love to hear what others feel about how this may managed.
I think this scenario would be a disaster in term of PR.
The 'Waity Katie work-shy social-climber' image, whether you consider it fair or not, has gained momentum among the public.
To have a newly wed Kate, now a public person and at the partial charge of the taxpayer, being perceived to nitpick royal duties would just further ruin her reputation and be the worst possible start to her royal life.
She cannot in any possible way appear workshy, or getting a free ride. The public will not accept excuses.
Imo, If she ever marry William, she'll have to become a full-time working royal straight away and prove her worth or she will be ripped apart by the media and the public.

Age of engagement...31.

How old was the other Van Cutsem?

Tom Parker Bowles? early thirties?

Peter Phillips? late twenties/early thirties?

Crown Prince of Denmark? early-mid thirties?

Prince of Orange? early-mid thirties?

Prince of Asturias? early-mid thirties?

Crown Prince of Norway? late twenties?

Crown Princess of Sweden. Still waiting but how old is she now?

Charles, the first time? early thirties

What I mean by this is look at his social circle/people in his same situation. Looking at the trends, I' say marriage wouldn't be for a few years yet. If his social circle doesn't open up he would marry her but if it does (which it will) and his role expands and he does I would say the chances would be slimmer for her.

To have a newly wed Kate, now a public person and at the partial charge of the taxpayer, being perceived to nitpick royal duties would just further ruin her reputation and be the worst possible start to her royal life.
She cannot in any possible way appear workshy, or getting a free ride. The public will not accept excuses.
Imo, If she ever marry William, she'll have to become a full-time working royal straight away and prove her worth or she will be ripped apart by the media and the public.

How do you think royal engagements are selected? Every one of them in "nitpick"ed, like it or not.

I am not suggesting that Kate only do 2 engagements a month or similar - all I am saying that her engagements will have to be carefully chosen so that she has the support of the family around her, as Will will have relatively less time to do so.

IMO the statement above is an example of the kind of aggressive statements some elements of the tabloid media regularly use, irrespective of who they are directibg their fire at, or what the said individual may or may not have done to deserve the response.

I am not suggesting that Kate only do 2 engagements a month or similar - all I am saying that her engagements will have to be carefully chosen so that she has the support of the family around her, as Will will have relatively less time to do so.

It wouldn't surprise me, if they do marry while William is working full time in the RAF, if she starts her royal career alongside some of the other women in the family, at least at first. She might be able to accompany The Queen on an event, for example, if Prince Philip starts feeling unable to keep up with all of his wife's scheduled appearances. Or perhaps she and Sophie or Camilla could do some joint engagements. I agree, though, that no one should be tossed into the royal world alone at first -- she would certainly need some support, preferably from her husband.

Those engagement age lists are all fine and well, and we can take from them what we want, I suppose, but it's important to remember that each person is an individual who will make individual choices. Just because a prince in Spain makes a certain decision about marriage, for example, doesn't mean the same decision will be made by William. It's possible, but it's not the greatest of yardsticks, IMO.

It wouldn't surprise me, if they do marry while William is working full time in the RAF, if she starts her royal career alongside some of the other women in the family, at least at first. She might be able to accompany The Queen on an event, for example, if Prince Philip starts feeling unable to keep up with all of his wife's scheduled appearances. Or perhaps she and Sophie or Camilla could do some joint engagements. I agree, though, that no one should be tossed into the royal world alone at first -- she would certainly need some support, preferably from her husband.

Agreed. I am sure some lessons have been learnt from the time Diana entered the BRF, and this time around, they will ensure there is a suppoprt network for the next entrant.

Those engagement age lists are all fine and well, and we can take from them what we want, I suppose, but it's important to remember that each person is an individual who will make individual choices. Just because a prince in Spain makes a certain decision about marriage, for example, doesn't mean the same decision will be made by William. It's possible, but it's not the greatest of yardsticks, IMO.

Well said. I think an important point is that these two have been in a steady relationship for a while now (5-6 years), but balancing that, this is the first serious relationship for them both. I would like to see them marry in the next 2-3 years, ideally soon after he completes his SAR training, but IMO that is their decision, and other examples of potentially similiarly placed people should not help them make up their minds.

Just a thought, where is our prophesiser, Karagiosis? Are the 2 weeks up?

Agreed. I am sure some lessons have been learnt from the time Diana entered the BRF, and this time around, they will ensure there is a suppoprt network for the next entrant...
You said this is their first serious relationship, you could say it is their one and only relationship. I have never heard of Kate having a boyfriend before William or William having a girlfriend before Kate. Has anyone heard differently?
This sometimes works out and other times it doesn´t, there is always the danger that a more exciting person turns up.
BTW "K" seems to have disappeared into cyberspace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom