William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you kidding?:ohmy::eek: There are websites out there where young girls and sadly women do nothing but stick pins in Kate Middleton dolls all day long.:nonono: And that's putting it mildly. You don't see it here in blatant and appalling forms because the mods won't allow it.:flowers: God love them.
If they have an opinion why should they not be able to give it. To some people, people on here may be called "Kate worshippers". we don't see much of the whole Middleton family so how do we know they are a "close knit" family. You usually see the mother with her daugters at some event with no husband, and if you see them all together they are headed on vacation. I feel sorry for the dad.

There is a difference between an "opinion" and vicious attacks, lies, and slurs against this girl and her family simply because she dates Prince William. School yard name calling is not an opinion. And I don't make the rules here. If you want to express your "opinion," do so. If that
"opinion" includes hurling baseless, juvenile, gutter invective against all things Kate Middleton, there are other sites for exactly that. But expect to be challenged here. Lowball, below-the-belt attacks on this girl stop here. Thankfully.

Some people don't like her some people do. It's as simple as that.

And some people reserve harsh judgment and give benefit of the doubt.

Another thing.

I've been living outside of the UK the last few years and I have been taken rather by surprise these last few days as I have google'd and wikipedia'd the royal house. I had heard of Charles-Camilla marriage, and of her becoming Duchess of Cornwall, and had also heard of Kate Middleton previously but never really taken it very seriously. I'm shocked at how quickly Charles and William have aged! And also shocked that this rather plain girl might one day become Queen-consort. Its amazing how things change in just a few years.

IMHO whomever William marries will have to be both beautiful, charismatic and extremely intelligent, be humble/sweet enough to endear the British public but savvy enough to "market" herself successful and play the press to her advantage. Inevitably, next Princess of Wales will be compared to Diana, or worse yet, what Diana could have been, as Queen-Consort. I really don't think Kate Middleton has what it takes to fill such big shoes. She is good looking, yes, but I don't know...can't put my finger on it...she just lacks something. The X-Factor, lol. She lacks charisma, I think, which the next Princess of Wales/Queen-Consort must have if the monarchy is to have any extended future. Prince William is quite boring and he needs an interesting wife, someone in the mold of his mother, of Grace Kelly, of Mrs Sarkozy. Someone beautiful, elegant, glamorous; who is an adored, trendsetting, A-list celebrity par excellence yet still as exalted and dignified as royalty should be.

I bet the son of once upstaged prince Charles would be aghast if he read this. Maybe that's what Royal watchers think William needs - but I bet his family has completely other ideas. They would want a girl who is trustworthy, reliable and discreet, a girl who will go for the idea that one can make any marriage work if both try and a girl William can connect to, so he is willing as well to make this marriage work for the sake of the family. You need a certain kind of ego to become a celebrity and thankfully that's what's missing with the current happily married princesses of Europe. They all have no problem to be second to their husbands and to be second to the cause they are working for, be it the monarchy, their country or their charitable interests. They use their appeal to make other things and persons more important and interesting, they are not using their appeal for themselves like Mrs. Sarkozy does and Diana did. Grace Kelly came from a different background and lived in different times, so I don't think she would thank you for being put on a list of today's "A list celebrities".

If they have an opinion why should they not be able to give it. To some people, people on here may be called "Kate worshippers". we don't see much of the whole Middleton family so how do we know they are a "close knit" family. You usually see the mother with her daugters at some event with no husband, and if you see them all together they are headed on vacation. I feel sorry for the dad.

Most men hate to go out shopping with their wifes - and would never ever go shopping with their daughters. I guess Michael Middleton is one of these, so no need to feel sorry for him as he probably is allowed to stay home. :whistling:

Michael Middleton is at home busy working so that his wife and daughters can go shopping and dream of crowns and tiaras.

:rolleyes: Their family business Party Pieces was founded by Carole. She's a successful business woman and can spend her money as she pleases. And if she wants to spoil her children with it that's her problem. Seriously when was the last time anyone saw a Middleton woman out shopping? Their wardrobe certainly don't make it look like they spend much on cloths. They are all seen wearing the same cloths repeatedly. Nothing like reiterating the same unfounded alegations over and over again - doesn't make them any more true.

Party Pieces is truly a family-run business. I always had the impression it was founded and is run mutually by the Middleton parents. An interesting speculation just popped into my head: If Kate had never met Prince William, do you think she might have gone to work for the family business? I know she works for it in some capacity (part-time, or 'as-needed' helper/photographer?) anyway, but obviously it's not her future career, as it might have been otherwise (taking PW out of the equation). Maybe Pippa and/or James would be inheritors of the company.

I get that impression of him as well. And Kate's family is close knit from all that we can tell, with two parents who appear to work well together and have a stable, loving relationship. A very nurturing family, something I would think is probably appealing, reassuring to William.
:lol:

God bless the moderation team of the TRF!!!! :clap: Everyone give three cheers!!!!

This post made me chuckle to myself thinking of a Kate Middleton voodoo doll. That's crazy!! Imagine!! :devil: The world has some scary people.

Maybe Pippa and/or James would not be inheritors of the company.

Sometimes when I hear about this company it sounds as though they own BMW or Shell. For goodness´ sake it is an internet business with a small staff selling plates and things for mainly children´s parties. It is not exactly Chrysler or Benetton..... Of course the family would help out if necessary. It has given them a largish house and I am sure a good income but I don´t think they are quite ready to go into Forbe´s list yet...

Sometimes when I hear about this company it sounds as though they own BMW or Shell. For goodness´ sake it is an internet business with a small staff selling plates and things for mainly children´s parties. It is not exactly Chrysler or Benetton..... Of course the family would help out if necessary. It has given them a largish house and I am sure a good income but I don´t think they are quite ready to go into Forbe´s list yet...
as I said above, it's a family business. I never said it was a Forbes 500 company. What does that have to do with it? All I said was their kids might inherit the business. Many family run businesses pass to the descendants. What's wrong in that?

Oh sorry - didn't realise it was such a big deal.:ohmy::ermm:

I wasn't attempting to involve politics in the matter, it just came out naturally to say Queen of England, Scotland and Ireland, since most English kings and their consorts have used those three royal styles over the last centuries, plus France (or what's left of English-held France, namely the Channel Islands) and in more recent times India.
:flowers:Shall we say Queen of Great Britainor even British Isles:flowers: and thanks for not getting hostile and political;)

as I said above, it's a family business. I never said it was a Forbes 500 company. What does that have to do with it? All I said was their kids might inherit the business. Many family run businesses pass to the descendants. What's wrong in that?

Quite true Casiraghi, the woman who sells us fish at the local market is planning to retire soon and her daughter is already learning to scale and gut fish, so I suppose even on a scale like that you could say that the daughter is going to inherit the family business.

I doubt there is much difference once you have reached a certain amount of fortune. But if you prefer to discuss people like the owners of BMW, you can do so, probably there is already a thread in Chit Chat, as BMW's Mrs. Klatten is very, very infamous at the moment due to her adultery with a Swiss gigolo who tried to blackmail her, which forced her to go public... Very juicy stuff - and this lady is really rich and of notorious origins (Nazi- connections, the late Magda Goebbels was her step-grandmother...)

I have no use for gossip about celebrities so you can consult it as much as you want. I am only pointing out that the Middleton family ( who I do not consider celebrities) have a not very big business, a respectable, small, profitable, internet business and the idea of making it into something to be inherited makes it sound like some great family enterprise or that the property of party pieces is about to be entailed.. I think the term when you are talking about a small business like that is a family member will carry it on.

Jo,using examples of well known and successfull businesses doesn't mean we care about the people that are "behind" them.As simple as that.

Jo,using examples of well known and successfull businesses doesn't mean we care about the people that are "behind" them.As simple as that.

I don't get your point here. Menarue seemed to imply that it's only fitting to discuss family businesses the way it is done here once the business is a megamillion-operation. As she mentioned BMW, I wanted to point out that there is in fact a basis for discussion at the moment. As simple as that.

Not my point at all, I was just discussing the way that this very small family business is talked about as though it was some great holding. The Middletons up until now are not important people they have already been promoted to upper middleclass so there is no need to talk about their internet business as if it were a mega operation as well. Who is going to inherit it, etc etc. That´s all.
By the way any news of Kate lately? Is there going to be announcement at Christmas? Is she going to refuse the Queen´s invitation again (that I don´t believe and never will but it was in the daily rags)? These are the burning questions.

Not my point at all, I was just discussing the way that this very small family business is talked about as though it was some great holding. The Middletons up until now are not important people they have already been promoted to upper middleclass so there is no need to talk about their internet business as if it were a mega operation as well. Who is going to inherit it, etc etc. That´s all.

Okay, now I see.:flowers: Of course there is no need to discuss the Middleton-business as if there was a duty and obligation involved that concern more than the people directly influence by a change through inheritance. But then, coming back to the BMW-example: IMHO there wasn't such a problem involved as well. So what that the heiress decided to learn to be a "human being" instead a "dutiful robot" now that she has experienced a disappointment in her private sphere....

To come back to topic: my point is that Catherine Middleton is not as bound as William is by her heritage. If he abandoned his "fate", then the British society would at least feel some sort of disruption. If she does that, noone is touched except those close to her, being it family or emplyoees.

Hello,
I thought I might write the same post here as I have done on one other forum and on a public blog; And that is: that I can and will categorically state that Prince William and Miss Kate Middleton are not tied to one another romantically or otherwise.

I would like to add that in my choosing to write on two public forums and a blog, no confidences have been betrayed as a result of my little post... in case this will be of concern to anyone that might see my post as dubious at best.

Interested observers will have to wait another two weeks or so to see these facts circulated on a much wider scale.

-Karagiosis

OK...so either you work for them, and are trying to put us and the media off their backs, OR, you are telling the truth, OR, you're just some random person.

I do hope what you say is true; I really wouldn't like her as a future Queen.

why would we have to wait two weeks to understand

It's meant to be a teaser. Take it with a large grain of salt.

A whole salt mine Warren.......

Careful.... too much salt might give you high blood pressure.

Who knows, it might be true, and the person posting this could be Kate herself. There are enough people here wishing it true!

muriel,
I agree with you completely. Perhaps, this quite period is an attempt to allow Prince William and Miss Middleton to part.

Well, I see that some have taken the bait.
A new member in New York makes a "I know what you don't know" debut post, departs the scene, and the hares are set running. It's so easy, isn't it?

Since there's no way of stopping this game without removing the post, let's play along a bit further, as no doubt the post was intended...
Prince William and Miss Kate Middleton are not tied to one another romantically or otherwise.
[my bolding] What could the "or otherwise" possibly mean?? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom