William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything's possible. Your idea has as much merit as any. :flowers:Deals are made with the media. Had William and Kate "cooled it", I think that it would be all over the papers. One of their friends would have blabbed.

I've been wondering something. I'm just trying it on for size. Maybe there's been a deal between the media and ???? Leave Kate alone until........ XYZ and then you'll have something.

Anything's possible. Your idea has as much merit as any. :flowers:Deals are made with the media. Had William and Kate "cooled it", I think that it would be all over the papers. One of their friends would have blabbed.

I think it's quite possible they have, it was in the papers a few weeks ago, since William committed to the forces. She was quite upset. There aren't that many possibilties, it's either on or off. I don't see why people make such a big deal out of two things.

When they broke up last spring it was plastered all over the papers for weeks. If had happened a second time recently, the frenzy would be even larger. Too quiet for a breakup.

Cooling off or taking a break is not a break-up, although it could lead to one. Which is what happened last year. You don't just wake up in the morning and say "Oh I'm going to break-up with so and so today." I didn't say they have, it's strange they haven't been seen together in over two months, there is no proof.

It is what was eventually revealed to have happened last year. At the time, it was reported as a full break up. Woolworths even went so far as to destroy all the William and Kate memorabilia they had produced for a future royal wedding.

And look where that got them - they've had to declare bankruptcy.:whistling:

Cooling off or taking a break is not a break-up, although it could lead to one. Which is what happened last year. You don't just wake up in the morning and say "Oh I'm going to break-up with so and so today." I didn't say they have, it's strange they haven't been seen together in over two months, there is no proof.

Blondie I once broke off from a fiancé, (and threw his ring at him)as I jumped out at the traffic lights on the way to meet his family!!!! :whistling:

The leak of last year's break-up came from Kate and William themselves. If they don't want us to know they have broken-up again, it will take a while longer for it to leak. The inner circle of their friends is quite tight and they are rather trust-worthy. The leaks come from their wider social circle, imo, and they haven't been very sociable lately.
But I really can't see William getting out of a comfortable situation before he found a replacement. Unless she start giving him ultimatums, her position is pretty safe, imo.
Why do you think that he can't have any woman he wants? The last few marriages in the previous generation have pretty much been to whomever the royal spouse wanted. Charles and Camilla, Anne and Tm Lawrence, Edward and Sophie...all the way back to the Margaret Snowden Marriage
I was only talking of William, a future monarch. I have already explained why I think William, as future heir to the throne, has limited prospects, so I am not going to dwell on it further. Also, you are clearly white-washing both Charles' and Margaret's love hitory. Diana happened and he did get his Camilla but at what cost? It is also documented that Charles was rejected by numerous ladies when he proposed to them. They didn't want the hassle, and that was a time the press was nowhere near as intrusive and brutal as it is now.
When they broke up last spring it was plastered all over the papers for weeks. If had happened a second time recently, the frenzy would be even larger. Too quiet for a breakup.
I really doubt that. Last year, Kate was everybody darling, the class act, the perfect bride, could do no wrong. The press has considerably soured on her subject, as has the public opinion (and that's for those who actually care). I think a second break up would be news for a week and then people would move-on to the next love interest (made-up or real), because she's just not that popular anymore.

Perhaps not even a week, it would only become news again when William was seen with another girl or Kate was seen out with someone else.
If there really was a break up I think Kate would disappear only to reappear the week before his marriage as his long time girlfriend who just didn´t get to the altar. A bit like all the girls before Letizia in Spain.

.......it's strange they haven't been seen together in over two months, there is no proof.

Just because the y have not been seen together does not mean they have not been together for the last 2 months. All it may mean is that they have not been to a posh London nightclub that attracts the paparazzi for some time. Nothing stopping them for meeting anywhere else. There are plenty of small to mid size towns between Berkshire and Highgrove where they could have been out for quiet evenings / days out. Very sensible, IMO - stay out of the press, give yourselves the time you need, and nobody can complain.

Exactly my point. Its too big a story for somebody to not blag to the press. Some of you have commented that the story will not run for long - that may be true, but when it breaks, it will be a big one!

After the experience with Harry in Afghanistan, one really wonders if Ms. Middleton is still in the Uk or alternatively working silently somewhere else in the Arts business?

After the experience with Harry in Afghanistan, one really wonders if Ms. Middleton is still in the Uk or alternatively working silently somewhere else in the Arts business?

I do think she isreasonably recognisable now, and in most parts of the world, the local press would have pictured her by now. I just think this has been planned carefully, and her presence is being actively managed.

Nodding in agreement with you, Muriel. Whoever planned this is genius.

Perhaps not even a week, it would only become news again when William was seen with another girl or Kate was seen out with someone else.
If there really was a break up I think Kate would disappear only to reappear the week before his marriage as his long time girlfriend who just didn´t get to the altar. A bit like all the girls before Letizia in Spain.

I disagree. The press is starving for William and Kate news. So much so that they have started to make things up (pregnancy scare anyone?). As far as I recall, last years breakup started with photos of Kate crying in the parking lot at work on a cell phone and a supposed "co-worker" at Jigsaw spilled that she was arguing with William. Then all that nonsense about how Kate was accusing Charles of engineering the split. It was only later than CH very quietly confirmed the breakup.

Having been fooled once, I think the press would follow Kate until the day William was seen with someone else in case there was another reconciliation.

Having been fooled once, I think the press would follow Kate until the day William was seen with someone else in case there was another reconciliation.

I agree completely. I could even see the media following Kate even if they break up and they start seeing other people. Celebrity culture is different today than it was back when Prince Charles was looking for a wife. A former royal girlfriend would slot easily into the world of celebrities famous for basically nothing (reality stars, socialites, etc.).

I'm still not convinced that anything negative has transpired between them, though. I agree with those who think a break up would have leaked. I really do think they're just going along with their normal lives, but out of the spotlight.

I disagree. The press is starving for William and Kate news. So much so that they have started to make things up (pregnancy scare anyone?). As far as I recall, last years breakup started with photos of Kate crying in the parking lot at work on a cell phone and a supposed "co-worker" at Jigsaw spilled that she was arguing with William. Then all that nonsense about how Kate was accusing Charles of engineering the split. It was only later than CH very quietly confirmed the breakup.

The pregnancy thing didn't come from a British tabloid but from an unknown foreign rag and was so ridiculous it hasn't been relayed in the UK.

Also, I think you get your chronology very wrong.

The break up news was leaked by Kate during a dinner party with St-Andrews friends where she said something like 'It is finally over' when asked about the romance. According to media sources, William allowed a friend to confirm the news to the Sun who made it front page news. By the time it was published, the break-up had been effective a week or so. I know some people here like to think it wasn't real but it's clear from both Kate's and William attitude at the time that it did happen. The Middletons even got of their way to release a statement that they would not comment on the Sun announcement and waged menaces through their lawyer.
Afaik, there was no pictures of Kate crying and arguing on her sell phone (such juicy pictures would have been published over and over again), it was part of a story published after the Sun article (in the Mirror, I think) using a supposed Jigsaw colleague as a source, as was the 'Charles is to blame thing', which was supposidely a slip Kate made when she returned to work.
I have pretty good trivia memory so I am pretty confident it happened in that order.

I had not heard about the dinner party leak. Perhaps you would be kind enough to provide a link to this information so that I may read it as well?

^Kimebear, if you bear with me for a bit, I will try and find a legit link.:flowers:

I'm still not convinced that anything negative has transpired between them, though. I agree with those who think a break up would have leaked. I really do think they're just going along with their normal lives, but out of the spotlight.

Exactly my thoughts. :)

The only pictures that I remember from the time were pictures taken of a subdued-looking Kate getting into an SUV at her parents' place. I also remember about the dinner party comment and William yelling "I'm free!" during a boys' night out. I also remember the comment about Charles that came from a supposed employee at Jigsaw.

I also have a good memory for trivia.;)

The pregnancy thing didn't come from a British tabloid but from an unknown foreign rag and was so ridiculous it hasn't been relayed in the UK.

Also, I think you get your chronology very wrong.

The break up news was leaked by Kate during a dinner party with St-Andrews friends where she said something like 'It is finally over' when asked about the romance. According to media sources, William allowed a friend to confirm the news to the Sun who made it front page news. By the time it was published, the break-up had been effective a week or so. I know some people here like to think it wasn't real but it's clear from both Kate's and William attitude at the time that it did happen. The Middletons even got of their way to release a statement that they would not comment on the Sun announcement and waged menaces through their lawyer.
Afaik, there was no pictures of Kate crying and arguing on her sell phone (such juicy pictures would have been published over and over again), it was part of a story published after the Sun article (in the Mirror, I think) using a supposed Jigsaw colleague as a source, as was the 'Charles is to blame thing', which was supposidely a slip Kate made when she returned to work.
I have pretty good trivia memory so I am pretty confident it happened in that order.

The 'unknown foreign rag' you are referring to is the Australian Women's Day. It is a weekly magazine with stories about celebrities, cooking, and royals among other things. It often runs royal stories and they are often on the money. It can also be off the mark as well. Due to the number of accurate stories this magazine does run I don't regard it as a 'rag'. 'Rag's to me are the one with regularly false stories, not ones that occasionally get the story wrong.

Sorry but after the Australian New Idea magazine broke the story about Harry in Afghanistan, in its January 7th edition, I am not so sure.

If one of our 'rags' can get the scoop on a royal story what is to say that another one can't?

I am not saying Women's Day got it right but just saying that there is a possibility.

No contraceptive, except abstinence, is 100% proof against pregnance so unless they aren't active there is always a possibility.

Why should the fact that some other Australian magazine got a totally different story right, mean that this pregancy thing has to be true? :ermm: Is every story of the Daily Mail likely to be right because the Sun once published a right story about the Royals?
The magazine reported about a "pregnancy scare", i.e. Kate being "afraid" she was pregnant. How would some Australian reporter know what Kate Middleton was thinking and how Prince William reacted on such a sensitive issue? Surely they wouldn't run around telling everyone "Hey we fear Kate may be pregnant - but shhhhh don't tell anyone!"
And it's not like New Idea had exclusive info about Harry's deployment the other papers/news outlets didn't have, all the press was informed. They were just the only ones ruthless enough to risk Harry's life making it public!

Ruthless enough to endanger more than Harry´s life, he was taken out of the danger quick smart the others had to stay.

Why should the fact that some other Australian magazine got a totally different story right, mean that this pregancy thing has to be true? :ermm: Is every story of the Daily Mail likely to be right because the Sun once published a right story about the Royals?
The magazine reported about a "pregnancy scare", i.e. Kate being "afraid" she was pregnant. How would some Australian reporter know what Kate Middleton was thinking and how Prince William reacted on such a sensitive issue? Surely they wouldn't run around telling everyone "Hey we fear Kate may be pregnant - but shhhhh don't tell anyone!"
And it's not like New Idea had exclusive info about Harry's deployment the other papers/news outlets didn't have, all the press was informed. They were just the only ones ruthless enough to risk Harry's life making it public!

I didn't say it was true.

I said that just because it was in an Australian magazine doesn't mean it isn't.

These magazines do have people who tell them things for money and they pay big bucks for exclusives so who knows if a person who knows them (I wouldn't call them a friend just because a friend wouldn't sell these stories - but then again we got the Harry Nazi photos from a friend as well) might sell this sort of story for the right price.

I just don't ignore everything and say 'it is in xxx publication therefore it is rubbish' or the opposite.

Sometimes the Mail or the Sun gets it right just as sometimes the Telegraph or whatever gets it wrong.

My arguments wasn't that the story was true just that we have to remember that sometimes these mags do get the right story long before others do e.g. the New Idea story was available to others who sat on it while they didn't. Others papers etc may have this story and have decided that it wasn't worth publishing. That is more my point.

Ruthless enough to endanger more than Harry´s life, he was taken out of the danger quick smart the others had to stay.

Actually he stayed for nearly two months after the New Idea story broke.

New Idea had the story in their January 7th edition whereas Harry wasn't pulled until after The Drudge Report broke the story in late February.

It was also reported at the time that Harry's unit would have been pulled within weeks as he had spent 10 weeks there with 7 - 8 of them after the New Idea story.

NB I don't condone the New Idea breaking the story at all just pointing out the time line.

I had not heard about the dinner party leak. Perhaps you would be kind enough to provide a link to this information so that I may read it as well?
That was widely reported. I can't find links but I clearly remember reading in several articles that she confessed/announced to her girlfriends at a dinner party she threw at her townhouse in London that her romance with William was over.

No such pronouncements from her this time. That and if she and William had split recently, even if she was invited she would not have shown up at Charles' birthday celebrations. If nothing else this girl has dignity, has strong family support, and would not need to demean herself by showing up to her ex's father's party like some pathetic thing. IMO of course.:)

I don´t mind who reported it or broke the story, the fact is that he seems to have been pulled and the others stayed.

I think two finally for love
1- Royal Engagement, March or April 2009
2- Sweet Couple to separable
I hope royal engagement...

Hi,guys!I've read so many times that if the couple is separated,we'll find out soon when we see William with another girl.Why just "another girl"?Is it impossible to see him with a "royal girl" this time?It would be the couple of the decade!!lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom