William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How quickly people forget, only a year and a half ago, people were complaining that Kate was looking too glum and never smiled at the cameras.
That's because her boyfriend dumped her.

Not exactly, I just looked at some old pictures and she barely smiled even before William and her took a bit of a break. ( I don't call it a breakup but that's just me)

I don't think that would be a very happy life to lead, waiting for your boyfriend of almost 5 years to propose to you, but yet not very committed, so you try to do things good, but it doesn't come natural.

Kate could have dumped Will had she wanted to, so I doubt that's really the problem,I don't think she's stuck waiting she could get out of it whenever she wants to. I'd say it's more or less she was frustrated with the press attention at that point, now it's a little bit better, and by little I mean very little, but atleast she's not followed to the extent she was before. My cousin and his girlfriend waited 10 years to get married, they had an understanding between each other and they waited, and got married last year. For all we know Kate and William have talked it out and have an understanding to what the future holds for them, I mean all we have to go by is the press and we all know how accurate they are :lol:

That's because her boyfriend dumped her.
Actually, one might argue that the period in 2007 when they were "off" was one where she was smiling perhaps more boldly than ever!

I agree 100% with Isana's last post!!!! I love Isana's analogy in the last sentence: trying to build a 1000 piece puzzle with only ten pieces! And also, what people tend to do is see what they themselves are creating in their mind. That is why so many people have different perceptions of the same picture.

One person: "Kate looks sad."
Another person: "Kate looks thoughtful."
Third person: "Kate looks annoyed."

It's a very subjective business, that is dependent on the one who is observing, writing, or commenting.

I think she was smiling so much, and clubbing so much, and drinking so much to get the attention she had lost back.

I think she was smiling so much, and clubbing so much, and drinking so much to get the attention she had lost back.

That is what I thought at the time. And it worked - for a time. I think she should have taken this as a very strong warning....there was a book in the US a time back called something like "He is not into you" and it warned "don´t waste your pretty".... Someone should give her this book.

Wait are you suggesting William isn't into Kate cause I doubt both of them would waste 5 years of their lives if they weren't into each other.

Umm. Yeah that's what I'm suggesting. Why not William has seen other peolle beside sKate these last 5 years, and they have broken up 4 times! Maybe more, but not sure. William does not want to get married now, he is in no hurry to grow up and get married. His focus is his military career.

Wait are you suggesting William isn't into Kate cause I doubt both of them would waste 5 years of their lives if they weren't into each other.

I am afraid I have seen girls waste much longer than that, but perhaps that isn´t the case here.

4 times? Are you sure cause it's 4 times in the press, the press isn't always right, the only real official one has been in 2007 . Well the only example I can give you that I can relate again is my cousin he too was not ready to get married(obviously he's not future king of England but still) so his girlfriend and him talked it through and she was ok with waiting(for 10 years! hopefully Kate won't need to wait that long but you get the point) they finally got married in January of this year(not last year like I said earlier I was wrong) So who knows, we really know nothing about Kate she could be lovely and very much an understanding person, for all we know maybe she isn't ready either.

Yeah, I'm positive it's been 4 times. I saw their timeline.

Yeah, I'm positive it's been 4 times. I saw their timeline.

Do you have a link to that timeline? I'm curious, I don't think I've read one that mentioned four breakups.

Thanks, Isana! Even if the reports of the "cooling off" were true, I'm still only counting two "breakups" - when were the other two supposed to have happened?

Could we lose the personal acrimony, please?

Thanks...

Getting back on track, does anybody have a clue at to what is actually going on in relation to Will & Kate. Was Kate at Highgrove? If not, what does that signify? Alternatively, is this the calm before the storm. Is she delibrately staying out of the media spot light before a big announcement?

I depends on what you call the big announcement. If they have broken up it will probably be quietly ignored by BP. With all the attention Kate has been getting I wonder that if she were somewhere else she wasn´t spotted, they probably had paps at the gate of her home to see whether she was leaving or not. Very strange silence actually, someone told to keep quiet. The book coming out is definitely NOT good.

I depends on what you call the big announcement.

I referred to "a" big announcement as opposed to "the" big annoucnement. You are right, if they have broken up, it will not be commented on by CH. However, the deafening silence or "someone told to keep quiet" type of situation is quiet unusual - this is not a PR strategy that would work if they had actually split. I also think if they now split, it will be a "final split" so will be a big story.

She may have been installed at Highgrove

Fact may be that Charles may have wanted a "family" weekend, and may have had the boys, Kate & Chelsy and the P-B children stay for all or most the weekend, hence no pictures of them arriving or leaving.

i guess what i mean is that for anyone that says either of these ladies is encouraging all this attention i think they've shown by virtue of the fact that they haven't done anything to bring down the wrath of BP that they're making the "the firm" pretty happy.

Very good observation Duchess:)

For what it's worth, one of the tabloids had a story that there was a breakfast the morning after the Highgrove party that Kate and Chelsy attended. :flowers:

Fact may be that Charles may have wanted a "family" weekend, and may have had the boys, Kate & Chelsy and the P-B children stay for all or most the weekend, hence no pictures of them arriving or leaving.

Nobody knows if they were at the Highgrove party or not, there is no proof. Unless has any photos I will not believe anything.
They wre not invited because they are accepted by the Queen, why does she need to accept them they are not getting married. They were invited because that is their boyfriends.

I wasn't talking about the Highgrove party when I mentioned an event with senior royals - I meant past events like the Phillips wedding and Garter Day.

But the original question remains, whether you believe Kate and William have split or not - what evidence have we been given that anyone in the family disapproves of either of the girlfriends?

Peter and Autumn's wedding was because she knows or knew Peter and Autumn personally, and the Garter was because Prince William was her boyfriend.

Whether or not they have split, I don't know. Either thay have or they will.

That still doesn't answer my question, actually, but I'll move on. My larger point is this - none of us knows what's going on behind the scenes, and we certainly don't have authoritative sources on how the royals or the girlfriends feel or think about each other. All we have to go on is our own speculation based on things like paparazzi pictures and little bits of news, and obviously we're all going to draw different conclusions from them.

Peter and Autumn's wedding was because she knows or knew Peter and Autumn personally, and the Garter was because Prince William was her boyfriend.

I think Kate's presence at the Garter was very significant, and is one of the strong indications that I think she has a future with William. Given the significance of the Garter ceremony, it would be highly unusual for Kate to have been present if it was not considered that she would have a future in the family.

Whether or not they have split, I don't know. Either thay have or they will.

Thats a pretty definate statement. Do you have a basis for suggesting so, or is it mere speculation?

I personally think that Kate and Wills are at the point of either "make it or break it". I certainly hope they will make it,:wub: 8 years is an enormous amount of time to be dating someone. (and 77 pages are alot of speculations!!!:lol::lol::lol:)

I really love this couple. I´m sure that there will be engagement and wedding.
I can´t wait for it!!:wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom