William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Queen Elizabeth takes after Queen Victoria and if Charles having the same genes makes it to the throne it will be another at least 20 years before William becomes king. A lot of things can change in the meantime.

Well ya but I guess that's why William always says "if and when I become king" whenever he's asked about it.

Can you imagine what would be said if one of them says..........WHEN I BECOME KING? This presumes their father or grandmother or both have to pass before they take over. It is a delicate situation. They know they are next but cannot look too antsy about taking over.

Ya I guess that's why their careful about what they say, the only time I've ever heard of him saying "When I'm king" is when he promised to give Diana back her HRH title but he was young when when he said that.

The Telegraph article is really interesting...a good read...
TimesOnline has an interested article out today:
Pillow Talk: Prince William and Kate Middleton to wed? - Times Online

I think William will wait either past Christmas or will propose soon before. The trick is to try to look at the schedules of the Queen, Prince Philip, Charles as well as William to see if there are coinciding gaps. Maybe August, when they all as well as other royals typically go on vacation for a month and all schedules are clear? One month is long enough for wedding celebrations as well as a honeymoon. And Prince Philip isn't getting any younger, which I am sure is a factor in the timing of an heir's big day. August seems plausible to me, then there would be no disruptions of schedules. But what do I know? ;):D

From the Times.online link, a somewhat cynical take on those very chatty "royal insiders":

...The UK press has had “royal insiders” variously describing (a) the reasons why the pair's break-up is inevitable; (b) the reasons why a summer wedding/elopement is inevitable; and (c) Prince Harry's debauched nights out, when he was actually secretly in Afghanistan.

If Kate decided to get back with William last year after the breakup with no firm proposal and assurances that the engagement would take place, she is a fool.
If William managed to get her back with a vague.........someday but not before I am thirty years old...... this engagement may never take place.

If Kate decided to get back with William last year after the breakup with no firm proposal and assurances that the engagement would take place, she is a fool............
I don't think that it would have been a foolish choice if they had gotten back together and had not been so public about their relationship but if Kate attended his RAF graduation, the wedding of his cousin without him and the Carter Ceremony without some sort of firm plan for their future then she is indeed, to me anyway, a foolish girl.

From the Times.online link, a somewhat cynical take on those very chatty "royal insiders":

...The UK press has had “royal insiders” variously describing (a) the reasons why the pair's break-up is inevitable; (b) the reasons why a summer wedding/elopement is inevitable; and (c) Prince Harry's debauched nights out, when he was actually secretly in Afghanistan.
This is my favourite
-
Presumably the same shadowy informants who now breathlessly believe that the official status of “girlfriend” may finally have been conferred on Kate Middleton.
:whistling::whistling:

I don't know folks...I think if William and ummm..CATHERINE were going to tie the knot this summer an announcement would have been made by now. Prince Charles and Prince Andrew's engagements were announced in the months of Feb and March respectively with late July weddings planned for both.

I can't see a Royal wedding as significant as William's being thrown together in a few weeks. There are foreign Royal houses to co-ordinate schedules with and invite, gowns to be designed and made, etc.

I can see an engagement this year but a wedding uhh no surely they need time to plan it.

I don't think any of the media were speculating on a wedding this year - just an engagement. Although many of them believe that it won't be till next year when William is finished his military commitment but of course it is all just speculation :lol:

I don't think any of the media were speculating on a wedding this year - just an engagement. Although many of them believe that it won't be till next year when William is finished his military commitment but of course it is all just speculation :lol:
I think everyone on here has been speculating on a spring/summer 2009 wedding, following a Dec 25th or there abouts engagement.:D

I still don't see these two as a very good couple, therefore I don't see an engagement. When I see them together I see unequal love. I just don't see them as compatible partners from now until the rest of their lives. I think they can drift apart from one another fairly easily, and can't make up their minds if they really love each other, or are just having fun.

I still don't see these two as a very good couple, therefore I don't see an engagement. When I see them together I see unequal love. I just don't see them as compatible partners from now until the rest of their lives. I think they can drift apart from one another fairly easily, and can't make up their minds if they really love each other, or are just having fun.
I do not know but when I read and hear about their certain engagement and marriage to follow, the Linley/Constantine romance comes to mind. He was dating her for years and then married Serena.
There may be a deep love between them (W & K) but something in that romance is off a bit or it has been public for so long it lost its sparkle.

This is my favourite:
Presumably the same shadowy informants who now breathlessly believe that the official status of “girlfriend” may finally have been conferred on Kate Middleton.
But I read elsewhere the palace insiders/royal sources/shadowy informants had raised her official status from 'girlfriend' to 'Girlfriend'. :D

But I read elsewhere the palace insiders/royal sources/shadowy informants had raised her official status from 'girlfriend' to 'Girlfriend'. :D

LOL When they elevate the G to an F (fiancee) then I will get excited about this whole affaire.

so let me get this straight...if your a girlfriend then you're basically nothing but if you're a Girlfriend...then you've moved up a notch...wow. what happens when one goes from being Spouse to just spouse?

I do not know but when I read and hear about their certain engagement and marriage to follow, the Linley/Constantine romance comes to mind. He was dating her for years and then married Serena.
There may be a deep love between them (W & K) but something in that romance is off a bit or it has been public for so long it lost its sparkle.

I think I am going to give you my posting proxy...I agree with so much that you post and this is no exception!

I forgot all about the Linley/Constantine romance and you are right...I just assumed it was a done deal....so when the engagement to the Hon Serena Stanhope was announced I was surprised. Pleasantly surprised, I think she is perfect for him.

I remember Charles having gotten in hot water because he was just ALLEGED to have said "when I become king." It seems to me that he issued some sort of unofficial denial because the statement sounded so "pompous." Honestly, it's like saying, "When my mother dies..."

Can you imagine what would be said if one of them says..........WHEN I BECOME KING? This presumes their father or grandmother or both have to pass before they take over. It is a delicate situation. They know they are next but cannot look too antsy about taking over.

I think I am going to give you my posting proxy...I agree with so much that you post and this is no exception!

I forgot all about the Linley/Constantine romance and you are right...I just assumed it was a done deal....so when the engagement to the Hon Serena Stanhope was announced I was surprised. Pleasantly surprised, I think she is perfect for him.

Apart from the fact the Serena showed up at her wedding day made up like a kewpy doll, she has been a very discreet, elegant supportive wife.

PS Your comment made me blush. LOL

so let me get this straight...if your a girlfriend then you're basically nothing but if you're a Girlfriend...then you've moved up a notch...wow. what happens when one goes from being Spouse to just spouse?

One then needs to empty all the bank accounts as fast as one can and have her bags ready.........Sounds like she is being replaced by a newer model. :D:D:D

Personally I won't believe they are really going to get engaged, let alone married until I see Kate making a dash for the finish line in the Cathedral! :whistling:

... until I see Kate making a dash for the finish line in the Cathedral!
There'll be no dashing anywhere in a wedding dress with long train and attendants, plus tiara. :D

I think that Kate's (or Catherine) smile seems to hold a secret that only she(and maybe a few selected others) know. Maybe I'm wrong, or I'm obbsesive about the "body language, and hidden facial expression" course my boss paid for to help me in my PR job

this is interesting auntie...what do you read from it?

She smiles around her family and friends (because she is comfortable), but never directly into the camera.

She smiles around her family and friends (because she is comfortable), but never directly into the camera.
sorry blondie you are wrong kate does smile and pose for the camera have you look at the dailymail or hellomagazine she enjoy the spotlight light more than anything else,is her only job to give the media something to talk about and let see how all of these play out after these ''so call wedding'' the press wrote about 24/7:whistling:

I've seen so many celebs apparently "pose for the camera" when really their not their just being normal.

this is interesting auntie...what do you read from it?
I think that she is unofficially engaged to William, and is holding the secret, when she smiles it's as if to say, "I know something you don't ;)"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom