Wedding of William & Catherine: the Official Wedding Photos

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laduchesse

Aristocracy
City
Fredericton
Country
Canada
Last edited:
Thanks!

What a fantastic wedding it was!

Kate was simply amazing! They are such a beautiful couple!

i am happely supriced by the photis i like the colour
the sond with wi,lliam and kate sitting down with pageboys and bridemaids are fab

Love them all except the one of the two of them. I am so anal with pics at weddings. I feel the photographer should get everything right or the people around you fix it and her gown on the left side folds in. With all that detail they should have fluffed her skirt properly my eye just keeps going down to that crease. Maybe I am anal. LOL:bang:

The photos are okay, no one of the whole 650 people?

I love the informal photo too! It's so sweet. I think Eliza Lopes is really cute and I love how she is holding her grandmothers hand in one photo.

My favorite picture was the picture of Prince William and Catherine. I also liked the picture of the bridal party.

I didn't know much about the children in the wedding party? Are they related to Prince William or other royal family members?

I'm happy that you can download all three official photos as HQs! I'm going to order a large print of the couple for myself.

Reminds me of the Norwegian Royal Website where they let you download HQ photos as long as it's not for commercial use.

Great pictures, my favorite is this one with small attendants. The room when the photos were taken is gorgeous.

I thought I'd create a separate thread for the official wedding photos as some of the other threads are quite long already. The photos are up: The Official Royal Wedding Photographs by Hugo Bernand

The Official Royal Wedding photographs | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Love the more informal photo with the attendants!

I absolutely love the picture with the kids. That's a great portrait and my, Magarita Armstrong-Jones is such a beautiful girl, I'm sure she will be a stunner one day. :) The family portrait is also nice but sadly the portrait of Kate & William looks much too photoshopped.

Beautiful photos but I particularly like the 2 group photo's. I love how Camilla is holding the hand of her granddaughter.

I hope we get to see a different official photo of just the two of them at a later stage. This one makes them look quite stiff wheras in the group photos they are radiating warmth.

The family photo and the photo with the young attendants are fantastic, the photo of just the two of them is extremely stiff, and again they look very photo shopped, much like the formal engagement photo. I suppose it's a good thing in a way, they certainly make a striking pair in candid, natural shots...

Beautiful photos but I particularly like the 2 group photo's. I love how Camilla is holding the hand of her granddaughter.

I hope we get to see a different official photo of just the two of them at a later stage. This one makes them look quite stiff wheras in the group photos they are radiating warmth.

I agree. I"m assuming it was nerves, but surely they must have taken more than one

i also agree with MichelleVA regarding the crease. If it was a non professional photo it wouldn't bother me, but SOMEONE had to be standing there that could have noticed it and fixed it?

I am sure there is another picture with the immeadiate families as well as the foreign royals in attendance. There is no need to take a picture of 650 people who were at the breakfast. Most likely that will be released later and will be in any official wedding books.

The official pics are great - the photoshop is good, actually.

My favourite picture is the one with the children. They are all so cute!

I guess that the little girl who sat just in front of William is Camilla's grandchild? She's lovely!

I know Lady Louise has an eye problem that can make her look cross-eyed, but I wish there was more they could have done for her in that one picture with all the attendants.

Otherwise, gorgeous pictures. I have to say, that one picture with the attendants reminds me of one of Charles and Diana's wedding pictures where they were all plopped down on the floor. Perhaps that is what it was meant to evoke.

Sister Morphine said:
I know Lady Louise has an eye problem that can make her look cross-eyed, but I wish there was more they could have done for her in that one picture with all the attendants

What do you mean? Like positioning of her in the picture?

Which girl is Louise? The girl standing behind the Duke of Cambridge?

Love them all except the one of the two of them. I am so anal with pics at weddings. I feel the photographer should get everything right or the people around you fix it and her gown on the left side folds in. With all that detail they should have fluffed her skirt properly my eye just keeps going down to that crease. Maybe I am anal. LOL:bang:

Now that you've pointed it out...yes, someone should have fluffed and got that crease just below her knee out.

As to Louise's eye, just turning her face slightly away from the camera would have helped, 3/4 shots don't show wandering eye problems so much.

They must have done these pictures rather quickly though, as I understand it was right before the balcony appearance, so it must have been fairly rushed.

The pictures are beautiful. The background of red and gold is magnificent. I was hoping they would do a picture of the Duke and Duchess in a more relaxed pose, like holding eachother or something. They seem a little stiff in their photo together. But I guess the photos are meant to be more " appropriate " for the royal family. Do you think they will have more natural photos taken?:flowers:

PrincessKaimi said:
As to Louise's eye, just turning her face slightly away from the camera would have helped, 3/4 shots don't show wandering eye problems so much.

Why though? Plp are aware of the condition, and I don't think it is necessary to turn her unless she wanted to be turned....I think she looks lovely and fine as is - a gorgeous picture!

I know Lady Louise has an eye problem that can make her look cross-eyed, but I wish there was more they could have done for her in that one picture with all the attendants.

Oddly enough, I recall that at Edward and Sophie's wedding, William wasn't smiling in the official group shot, although he smiled in several other takes. So Edward gave his approval to allow the photographer to Photoshop the picture to swap out unsmiling William with another take where he was smiling. He ended up taking a lot of criticism for that.

I think Louise looks just fine and I would not have changed the picture. She looks just as adorable as any of the other bridesmaids.

Back
Top Bottom