Wedding of William & Catherine: the Official Guest List

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it really so that some of the royals are invited to the church but do not get to go to the evening reception? Isn't that a bit rude?

Not necessarily, they may have other commitments. For example, Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima have to be back in the Netherlands on April 30 for Queen's Day. So they can't stay for too long.

No the Obamas aren't invited- it's not a State event so not all heads of state are invited. As for the evening reception it's for friends and close family only, it's small only 300 plp ( that's relative to the 2,000 invited)

Okay, thank you. I guess it makes sense then. I am still hoping we get to see at least a glimpse of all the tiaras...

The Obamas are not attending and are not known to have been invited.

Additionally, the entire Obama family is planning to attend the space shuttle launch in Florida scheduled for Friday afternoon. President Obama will give a commencement address at a Florida college in the evening. I don't think they're going to be upset about not getting a wedding invitation. While the launch was only re-scheduled a few weeks ago for April 29, I think the president was scheduled to give that commencement speech for quite a while.

Okay, thank you. I guess it makes sense then. I am still hoping we get to see at least a glimpse of all the tiaras...

There isn't going to be any tiaras. The dinner the PoW is hosting that evening as the smallest of the functions going on that day, is for close friends and family only, and no foreign royals. Besides, the only person wearing a tiara that day will be Catherine -- dress code for the wedding dictates hats for ladies.

There isn't going to be any tiaras. The dinner the PoW is hosting that evening as the smallest of the functions going on that day, is for close friends and family only, and no foreign royals. Besides, the only person wearing a tiara that day will be Catherine -- dress code for the wedding dictates hats for ladies.

Thank you for clarifying that. I was under the impression that the evening reception was where they might be wearing tiaras but I stand corrected. Too bad, hat weddings are sort of boring... I've been spoiled rotten by all the glittering tiara weddings there has been lately around Scandinavia... :p I do hope at least Catherine will be wearing one!

Syrian ambassador uninvited to wedding | Herald Sun

"In the light of this week's attacks against civilians by the Syrian security forces, which we have condemned, the foreign secretary has decided that the presence of the Syrian ambassador at the royal wedding would be unacceptable and that he should not attend," a Foreign Office spokesperson said.

Can someone explain to me why the Queen of Denmark is invited and why the Prince Consort is not? Also why Mary and Frederick are not included and why Letizia and Felipe are and the Queen too?
Thank you...

Can someone explain to me why the Queen of Denmark is invited and why the Prince Consort is not? Also why Mary and Frederick are not included and why Letizia and Felipe are and the Queen too?
Thank you...
The invites are sent to the the royal families and probably not to the persons. Then it is decided among the family who attends and who doesn't. since Mary is on maternity leave, she cannot come. As to F&L; rumour has it that Charles personally asked them to come. But it might also be that Felipe is substituting for his father and Letizia is accompanying him with the Queen.

What i also have noticed is the fact that the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi IS invited, while the Maktoum family is NOT invited. I thought they would be, since i know the relationship between the Queen and Mohammed is relatively good.... hmmm :ermm:

What i also have noticed is the fact that the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi IS invited, while the Maktoum family is NOT invited. I thought they would be, since i know the relationship between the Queen and Mohammed is relatively good.... hmmm :ermm:

Who knows, maybe they are as the list was just a selection of the invites :)

Dazzling, I like your avatar. Was there another official photograph released besides the two by Mario Testino that I didn't know about?

Thank you...
I think we can presume the invitation included both the Queen and Prince Consort but that he decided to not attend.

Dazzling, I like your avatar. Was there another official photograph released besides the two by Mario Testino that I didn't know about?

I think this was taken in November along with the other official pictures.
This picture was released in the official wedding program book :)

The long and the short of it is we are not privy to the full list of those who were invited. People may have been invited, but declined for one reason or another.

will there be an empty seat for princess diana?

You mean like a riderless horse? I doubt it, but who knows.

:previous: Health permitting, possibly so. The Countess isn't quite as mobile as she used to be. She is 84 and of fragile health I believe.

Actually, the Countess is 87. Pamela is 84.

Last edited:
Sunday a Flemish royalty TV program showed a little interview with Princess Victoria.
She said she and Daniel were really looking forward to the wedding and that they were curious how Kate and William handled everything because they know now that a lot of decissions have to be taken when you're getting married.

maybe the question has been asked, but I still don't understand why all the monarch's and spouses with the crown princely couples weren't invited?! Even if William is only a heir to the heir, this is the most worldwide talked about and important wedding of the 21st century so far. (may all the other crown princely couples forgive me). Why do we not see any member of the Jordanian Royal family? (I undersatand why Mubarak and Ghadafi aren't showing up;))

maybe the question has been asked, but I still don't understand why all the monarch's and spouses with the crown princely couples weren't invited?! Even if William is only a heir to the heir, this is the most worldwide talked about and important wedding of the 21st century so far. (may all the other crown princely couples forgive me). Why do we not see any member of the Jordanian Royal family? (I undersatand why Mubarak and Ghadafi aren't showing up;))

All I can offer by way of a response is that we have been continually told that the guestlist is the work of Catherine and William who have been very heavily involved in its compilation [compare Charles and Diana's Wedding and that of Sarah and Andrew, where both couples' main input was to supply lists of their own friends and relatives who they wanted to attend]. With William and Catherine's wedding, we have been told that every single decision about the ceremony, the receptions, the guestlist etc has been the 'hands-on' work of Catherine and William and they believe that the mix of guests they have chosen is one which is the best way of arriving at the most 'personal' wedding they can.

Incidentally, I understand that an invitation to President Obama and in particular his wife Michelle was NOT issued because of the HUGE extra security that would be required, which is apparently necessary in addition to the present large security operation. Apparently lots of US secret service people would have had to be present and it would have been impossible [allegedly] to integrate them with the present English arrangements. To 'compensate' for any alleged 'snub' to the Obamas, a State Visit is being planned for them in a few weeks' time.

Hope this helps

Alex

:previous:Also, this is wedding of the heir's heir, not the heir to the throne. This means the wedding is less "formal" (fewer official guests, etc). When Prince Charles married, as the heir, tons of dignitaries and major foreign royals came (including the emperor of Japan, who hasn't attended any other heir's wedding).

My understanding is that the invitations went to the monarchs and the monarchs themselves decided who would attend. So Queen Margrethe decided to go herself on behalf of Denmark, but King Carl Gustaf decided to send Victoria and Daniel on behalf of Sweden.

I suspect the reason Jordanians are not attending is that they are carefully watching the protests in the Middle East and not wanting to appear like they are partying when things are going down in their country. The situation seems to be changing rather rapidly there.

Actually, I suspect that the Obamas are glad they weren't invited with everything that has happened this week. Now they can visit the storm-damaged areas in Alabama before heading to the shuttle launch in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom