Wedding of William & Catherine: Television Coverage and Lead-Up Programs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little off topic, so please excuse me. Does anyone know if Prince William and his bride will visit British Columbia on their trip to Canada?

I'm hoping that TLC will pickup the wedding coverage from the BBC

Really? I actually think ALOT of people are interested. Yes there will always be people who don't care but IMO there is a great deal of interest and if I remmeber correctly TLC will air the wedding along with documentaries/specials in the week leading up. I beleive the article is posted in here somewhere.

I was at meeting in Southern California recently, with perhaps a dozen people in the room. Three of us were going to DVR the Royal Wedding, and two more asked when it was, as they are considering watching/DVRing it too. So at least in fashion- and media-conscious California, there is interest.

The wedding will be around 3am my time...I wonder if I just should stay up or just record it.

I'm going to sleep REALLY early that day and set my alarm for 3am IMO it won't be the same watching it later as it would be live.

I'm going to sleep REALLY early that day and set my alarm for 3am IMO it won't be the same watching it later as it would be live.

I'm hosting a wedding sleepover with family and colleagues. We will all be watching it live. Can't wait!!!

CSW how much are you going to be watching together? It will be much fun. Great idea!

The wedding starts 4 am my time, so I will be calling it an early night on the 28th and waking up early enough to have time to get some tea ready and to make sure everything is ready to record!!.

Does anyone here in Canada have any idea when the coverage on the day starts? Is it going to start an hour before the wedding?, 2 hours before the wedding? I am guessing 1 hour before, but I would be so mad at myself if coverage started 2 hours before the wedding and I missed recording that hour!

It starts 6am my time so it's not that early. I will probably get up at 430 or 5.

Starts at 11 my time ;) I'll have just come back from Munich.

The wedding starts at 6 am my time, but ill probably start watching from 4 in the morning, so I can watch the arrival of the guests. I'm gonna miss school that day, but I don't mind, It's not the same watching it later, chatting live with everyone here was fun at Victorias wedding I can only imagine for this wedding how it'll be! :D

ghost_night554 said:

I think I'm gonna do that to. It's not the same when it's not live.
Going to bed early is not easy for me...but I'm definitely going to try this time.

Now I just need to find out which channel to watch it on.

I'm usually up until 4 or 5 anyways, so I'm probably just going to stay up a few hours longer to watch it (the ceremony starts at 6:00 AM here, and the coverage likely a while before that). It sounds easier than shifting my entire sleep pattern and better than watching a recording.

Does anyone here in Canada have any idea when the coverage on the day starts? Is it going to start an hour before the wedding?, 2 hours before the wedding? I am guessing 1 hour before, but I would be so mad at myself if coverage started 2 hours before the wedding and I missed recording that hour!

No idea yet CTV hasn't said anything yet I'm going to take a gamble and say an hour before coverage will start. I think they will prob announce all this in March. LORD! it's almost time jeez feels like it was just yesterday I was being woken up by my mother to tell me they had gotten engaged ahh what a day that was I was so gone in class that day thank god for my recorder hah :lol:

ghost_night554 said:
No idea yet CTV hasn't said anything yet I'm going to take a gamble and say an hour before coverage will start. I think they will prob announce all this in March. LORD! it's almost time jeez feels like it was just yesterday I was being woken up by my mother to tell me they had gotten engaged ahh what a day that was I was so gone in class that day thank god for my recorder hah :lol:

:lol: it does seem like yesterday!!! Although I found out on facebook when I read the official facebook feed - I immediately turned on the TV and made some tea and didn't move for at least 3 hours - I just channel flipped between BBC world on satellite and sky on my xbox!! Was a fun day!!!

Anyway, I have the occasional night shift at work, so I think my best bet is to treat it like that, nap a lot on the 28th and stay up all night and nap after the coverage is over and go to bed early on the 29th!. At least that way I won't miss a thing! :)

Strange the thread got moved anyways.... I'm planning on basically spending the rest of April 29th making folders with photos and then of course recording the entertainment shows that night. The next day I'm going to develop the photos and put them in an album along with my HQ pics from Charles and Diana's wedding. So I'll prob be dead for 2 days but it'll be worth it.

Prince William and Kate Middleton's Wedding Day Live Via Internet Feed - Yahoo! News

Last edited:
Strange the thread got moved anyways.... I'm planning on basically spending the rest of April 29th making folders with photos and then of course recording the entertainment shows that night. The next day I'm going to develop the photos and put them in an album along with my HQ pics from Charles and Diana's wedding. So I'll prob be dead for 2 days but it'll be worth it.

Prince William and Kate Middleton's Wedding Day Live Via Internet Feed - Yahoo! News

ghost_night554 , I love your devotion!

can't believe we are almost 2 months aways from it!

I think I am going to have a royal wedding party / sleepover with some girlfriends of mine. A tiara theme of course. with Mimosa's and cake (with a tiara on top). It sounds like such fun and we rarely see each other anymore. Anyone else planning a royal wedding party?

No, not really. I'll probably watch a live stream of it, since my computer is right there by my bed, and I'm not parking myself in front of our TV for hours, essentially keeping anyone else from watching it. I don't know anyone off this forum who gives a whit about royals, regardless of where they're from, so inviting a bunch of people over who will be bored to tears and/or half-asleep makes no sense.

No royal wedding party for me considering I'm the only one in my family, my friends and acquaintance who even care about royals. Everyone I know, and some of my friends in England, could less about it and they live there!

^^previous
Yup same here. My friends, family and acquaintances don't care too much either. It's all good, everyone has their own thing that is just theirs. This is mine!!

Same here but my mom agreed to get up with me to see it live though she does think I've gone completely mad since the day they announced the engagement. My friend who lives in England will be up and we'll be doing a live chat on msn but esentially that's it for me. Though I will be getting dressed up!

ghost_night554 , I love your devotion!

can't believe we are almost 2 months aways from it!

TY! though my mom wouldn't call it devotion she'd call it madness haha I know it's crazy to think but before we know it'll be April!

ghost_night554 said:
Same here but my mom agreed to get up with me to see it live though she does think I've gone completely mad since the day they announced the engagement. My friend who lives in England will be up and we'll be doing a live chat on msn but esentially that's it for me. Though I will be getting dressed up!

TY! though my mom wouldn't call it devotion she'd call it madness haha I know it's crazy to think but before we know it'll be April!

Dressing up?? Fun! I've been saying I need to get a tiara to wear to watch the wedding, but haven't purchased one yet. I found a copy of the Diamond Diadem as well as the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara, as well as a bunch of others, but all are out of stock till next month :(

Dressing up?? Fun! I've been saying I need to get a tiara to wear to watch the wedding, but haven't purchased one yet. I found a copy of the Diamond Diadem as well as the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara, as well as a bunch of others, but all are out of stock till next month :(
Ebay! thats were I got mine. and they are nice quality but cheap.

I've bought so far sapphire replica ring with matching earrings a crown neckalace and 2 mugs as well as my tiara and also getting a shirt to wear that says "Princess Christina"(my name) That's basically what I'll have on me during the wedding. I also have a nice white coat sorta like Kate's but obv at 3am I won't be wearing that haha

Well was gonna take the day off to watch but just got laid off so.... at least now I can watch with no worries about work. :) trying to look on the bright side!

NBC just reported they'll have pre wedding special 7pm EST night before and wedding coverage starts 4am EST with a review of day at 9pm just in case anyone isn't up for the live coverage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom