Wedding of William & Catherine: Television Coverage and Lead-Up Programs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am excited, too. But the DVR is my friend. So a good night's sleep and the ability to fast forward and pause will be mine. However...I intend to wear all my good jewelry at once while watching it!

I intend to do both -- set my alarm to get up, and set my DVR to record in case I DON'T get up!

^Same too I have that as a backup plan. I remember watching Concert for Diana and fell asleep half way through. It was really early here when it started(well not as early as the wedding but still!)

I will be up w/ the rest of yall. Im a nurse so im use to the late nights, but im really looking forward to my first royal wedding and having the TV to myself the whole night and next day, as I will be off work and my husband will not. :) Planning to DVR one channel and flip around the rest of the time. Maybe even a viewing party with my sister's.

I am excited, too. But the DVR is my friend. So a good night's sleep and the ability to fast forward and pause will be mine. However...I intend to wear all my good jewelry at once while watching it!

Y'all are making me excited.:bounce: Actually I have a rhinestone tiara....I'll have to wear it while I'm watching! I'll set my alarm and make a pot of coffee. I'm going to watch on TV and be on here as well. If I had the money and the time I would travel to London.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know! Finally in this century a Princess to be proud of, with no past history of bad behavior.

I've never watched a Royal Wedding Live, so I'm uber excited about these one :D. I assume here in Brazil it will be around 05:00/06:00, not so bad..... But nonetheless I'll be in here just in case I feel the urge to blink for more than 10 seconds :p

I know! Finally in this century a Princess to be proud of, with no past history of bad behavior.

What do you mean?? Who's there not to be proud of....Mette-Marit? So far there's no history of bad behavior. ;)

LOL Hope its not like The Current Prince of Wales second wedding I Was up at 5 am...

Of course I shall watch; what time will it take place, does anyone know for certain?
I really wish they'd have it later in the day!

I will watch, of course--Eastern Time, US. I have my outfit planned--pink bow fascinator with black feathers (headband--Charming Charleys--$15), pink print nightgown (old, scruffy), and a HUGE pink cocktail ring. One of the stones fell out, but a little hot glue will take care of that.

My hors d'oevres will be cereal and yogurt, and I will finish with tea, properly made.

I remember C&D's wedding very well. William and Catherine's marriage seems to have a stronger foundation and a better chance of great happiness. They make me smile!

I will watch, of course--Eastern Time, US. I have my outfit planned--pink bow fascinator with black feathers (headband--Charming Charleys--$15), pink print nightgown (old, scruffy), and a HUGE pink cocktail ring. One of the stones fell out, but a little hot glue will take care of that.

My hors d'oevres will be cereal and yogurt, and I will finish with tea, properly made.

I remember C&D's wedding very well. William and Catherine's marriage seems to have a stronger foundation and a better chance of great happiness. They make me smile!

Wow!You have the whole thing better planned than the wedding itself!
Now I fell bad for wearing my PJs. :ROFLMAO:

Might have to pick up a tiara to wear while watching. I know I'm overdue for one:)

I think it will cover on MSNBC, CNN and ABC??

I did watched Live royal wedding
Prince Charles and Diana
Prince Andrew and sarah
Prince Edward and Sophie
Prince Charles and Camilla

I only missed Princess Anne when I was young as Prince Edward's age..

I have a crown necklace a Buckingham palace mug and I'm going to pick up a little tiara on Wednesday. That's prob what I'm going to wear/have with me while I watch the coverage at what I suspect will be 3am over here.

I actually got to see some clips from Princess Ann's wedding. Our school teacher wanted us to see some clips from the wedding, so she brought it a TV set. We didn't see it at first (all we saw was the news anchor saying the couple got married). Someone else had taped it but it was only bit and pieces and was the tape was very grainy. I was in 5th grade when Princess Ann got married. Saw all of the other weddings.

I saw only two weddings: Felipe & Letizia and Victoria & Daniel. The first one was broadcast on RAI and also I recorded the event on VHS. I watched the second one wedding on the PC.

I found a cute one for $16 at store which the name totally escapes me at the moment. Every mall in America has this store....I wanna say Susies? I'll be in my night gown and I haven't decided exactly what I'm having for breakfast. What's an English breakfast consist of..maybe I'll grill a tomato:D
:crown3:

I found a cute one for $16 at store which the name totally escapes me at the moment. Every mall in America has this store....I wanna say Susies? I'll be in my night gown and I haven't decided exactly what I'm having for breakfast. What's an English breakfast consist of..maybe I'll grill a tomato:D
:crown3:

I'm probably not going to wear anything special but definitely something very comfortable as I'll be glued to one spot for quite a long time. I've got the perfect setup too. Lazyboy facing a big screen TV with my computer just off to my right hand side. That way I can monitor it both on the internet and TV coverage at the same time :D Will be brewing my Earl Grey tea with extra bergemot and perhaps have some good cheese on melba toast to munch on. Maybe dig out my crystal champagne flutes and have a toast of the bubbly for the balcony kiss. hehehe.

I hope it is on the Australian networks, preferrably ABC News 24. They went into overdrive for Princess Mary's wedding and she married into the Danish Royal House; and there was near blanket coverage of Prince Williams visit so I am hopeful I will see it all live.

I'm definitely going to have my laptop on as well as the main computer I'll have the dvd player going and the DVR on HDTV. I'll prob make some coffee too but I also want to ask what's a typical English breakfast?

I'm definitely going to have my laptop on as well as the main computer I'll have the dvd player going and the DVR on HDTV. I'll prob make some coffee too but I also want to ask what's a typical English breakfast?

It's basically a full fry-up, maybe little details change depending where you are in the UK but a full English breakfast for me is always eggs, usually scrambled but maybe fried, sausages, bacon, fried/grilled tomatoes, baked beans (though I hate them so don't have any), fried/grilled mushrooms, some black pudding, some toast & a hash brown. It's a lot of food & probably isn't particularly healthy! Nice though :D

Also some nice tea and/or orange juice. Done.

Anyway...back on topic, I'll be watching on trusty old BBC. :flowers:

Eggs and bangers? Hmmm... what did Wills cook for breakfast that morning at Centrepoint? I can't remember. Toast and jam sounds good too. Sheeesh.. now I'm hungry... again! :eek:

In deference to my mother's Scottish heritage, I will need to add oatmeal so I can have a proper Scottish breakfast! Tea, of course. I doubt that I would have black pudding -- wouldn't know where to buy it, anyway. I have a box of Scottish Breakfast tea, so I am all set. Will be wearing my tartan flannel nightgown. No tiara, bad taste with a nightgown. :lol:

I saw:
Princess Anne's wedding
Prince Charles and Lady Diana's wedding
Prince Andrew and Sarah's wedding
Prince Edward and Sophie's wedding

Just didn't see Prince Charles and Camilla's wedding -- somehow I never heard when it was going to be broadcast.

I can't wait!

Thanks for the suggestions you guys, I'll see what I can make depending on how awake I am hehe

I've seen:
Prince Charles and Camilla's wedding (CBC)
as well as
Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel's wedding(SVT)

the rest of the BR's weddings I missed cause either I was too young or hadn't been born yet.

Last edited:
In the US, the question won't be who's covering it, but who's not covering it. It will be all over the broadcast networks and the cable news networks. US TV cannot resist a show like this.

Personally, I plan to watch on C-SPAN. That's where I watched Princess Diana's funeral, and I would be shocked if they don't cover this wedding. The great thing about C-SPAN is that they have calm, intelligent discussion before/after, and there is no blathering during the actual proceedings. They will probably take the BBC feed (camera only), and they feel no compulsion to fill every scrap of silence with commentary. It's the next best thing to being there.

Last edited:
SASSY said:
I found a cute one for $16 at store which the name totally escapes me at the moment. Every mall in America has this store....I wanna say Susies? :

Claires maybe?

I will be up... Watching, probably in PJ's .... I suspect it will be 4am so maybe coffee or OJ :) and checking TRF!!!

Ok so the wedding is set for 11am, so in April will that be 5am or 6am in EST USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom