Wedding of William & Catherine: Television Coverage and Lead-Up Programs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NBC just reported they'll have pre wedding special 7pm EST night before and wedding coverage starts 4am EST with a review of day at 9pm just in case anyone isn't up for the live coverage!
Thank You! How about CBC coverage of the wedding?

Glad to see NBC is covering it, since I don't have cable. 4am EST = 3am for me. I intend to be up and alert! I'm taking a day off work and my mom is too, so we'll be watching together with English muffins, tea, and British candy.

BBC News - How to follow the royal wedding on the BBC

DAMN!! BBC coverage starts @0500GMT!!!. I hope that BBC World News coverage from BBC One starts at the same time and that they don't cut in an hour or so before the wedding!!. I get BBC World News on my satelite, and I am already planning to record Sky's streaming coverage - I can't do both with my crappy bandwidth and it's stupid cap!! That's gonna suck if I miss some of BBC's covreage!!

Anyone from the UK planning to record either coverage an care to share??? :) :)

US news reporting that NBC is scaling back coverage of the Royal wedding because the 'couple is considered boring' and not enough plp are interested ......

US news reporting that NBC is scaling back coverage of the Royal wedding because the 'couple is considered boring' and not enough plp are interested ......

That's fine. I can't stand NBC anyway.

BBC News - How to follow the royal wedding on the BBC

DAMN!! BBC coverage starts @0500GMT!!!. I hope that BBC World News coverage from BBC One starts at the same time and that they don't cut in an hour or so before the wedding!!. I get BBC World News on my satelite, and I am already planning to record Sky's streaming coverage - I can't do both with my crappy bandwidth and it's stupid cap!! That's gonna suck if I miss some of BBC's covreage!!

Anyone from the UK planning to record either coverage an care to share??? :) :)
I checked BBC World News' schedule and on the website it lists the wedding but on my tv guide it's not listed

In Polish tv will be live broadcast too, in TVP1 since 10am to 3pm.

Really? where did you hear that? Last I heard they were going to have live coverage at 4-8 a.m. and repeat coverage at 9:00 p.m. that night.:ohmy:

I am in Australia and I am still totally confused as to where I will be watching. There are so many options. ABC1, ABC2, ABC News 24, Channel 9, Channel 7 and Channel 10 are the free-to-air channels planning various levels of coverage (e.g. Channel 7 will commence at 4pm - 4 hrs before the wedding). On pay TV there is UKTV - which will feature a HD simulcast of the BBC One coverage - as well as Sky News Australia (HD simulcast of Sky News UK) and CNN.

I intent to get home from school ASAP so I can be on the counch by 4pm and not miss a minute. I have been waiting my entitre teenage years for something like this in an approprate TV time and there will need to be an act of Gof to stop me watching!

I want to catch all the commentary up to the wedding ceremony so was planning on getting up at 2:00 or 3:00 a.m. (US CST) There won't be any coverage in the US on television until 04:00 a.m., so I am hoping to see some live streeming on the internet directly from London. Anyone have an idea of what site will be offering this type of coverage at least 2 hours pror to the event?

^ MSNBC and BBC America are starting their television coverage at 2:00 am (US CST). All the other networks will be starting at 3:00 AM (CST).

Really? where did you hear that? Last I heard they were going to have live coverage at 4-8 a.m. and repeat coverage at 9:00 p.m. that night.:ohmy:
They still are. NBC denied that they are scaling back.

Last edited:
Before, we were all wondering who would air, now the question is were to watch it. I already have some streamings links for the major US channels. On the day, if necessary I'll gladly share it :).

I will deliberately get up early on Thrusday so that during the afternoon I can take a nap. Or go to bed right after 12:00. By 2:30 I plan to wake up and wait for the ceremony which 'll start here at 5 am. This is a one in a lifetime event for a royalist like me. Sleep I'll get to do on the next day.

So many channels are airing it so I'm not sure who to watch either. Probably CNN and NBC for me...along with a live stream. Even TLC is airing it. This is so overwhelming.

I will be catching this even via a live stream on the web. Most likely getting up at two or two thirty (NY time) to make sure I miss as little as possible.

The excitement is building up. Only eight more days.

So many channels are airing it so I'm not sure who to watch either. Probably CNN and NBC for me...along with a live stream. Even TLC is airing it. This is so overwhelming.
I have like 8 channels to choose from I'm really beginning to lose my head over which I'm going to record.

I have like 8 channels to choose from I'm really beginning to lose my head over which I'm going to record.
Wonderful!Tell me please which are the channels and what time the ceremony will begin to be broadcasted(British time).
Thank You in advance

ghost_night554 said:

I know I had to make a decision cause I can't record all and I don't want to be switching back and forth between channels. I'll record it on CNN cause Anderson Cooper and NBC cause Matt Lauer. And I think I'll record ABC because Barbara Walters should be broadcasting too...it's exhausting! I'm definitely not recording the wedding on channels like TLC.

Okay........ I have officially lost it. I just went out and rented a 55" High def TV. Does anyone know which networks are going to air live in HD?

Good thing the palace turned down the 3D option, otherwise I would have had to rent that equipment too. :D

Okay........ I have officially lost it. I just went out and rented a 55" High def TV. Does anyone know which networks are going to air live in HD?

Good thing the palace turned down the 3D option, otherwise I would have had to rent that equipment too. :D

now I wanna watch at your house!:lol:

The images will be the same but the things is, which channel will have the best panel of commentators?

Wonderful!Tell me please which are the channels and what time the ceremony will begin to be broadcasted(British time).
Thank You in advance
Well the channels airing for me are CBC, CTV, Global, NBC, ABC, FOX, TLC and CNN no idea about British time maybe someone else can help you out with that.

ghost_night554 said:
I checked BBC World News' schedule and on the website it lists the wedding but on my tv guide it's not listed

Doesn't list it on mine either, I had to manually set the timer. CBC, CTV and Global all have the wedding listed, but not BBC World.

Ok, is it a little weird that I got really giggly and happy that I saw the wedding listed on my PVR guide??? :lol:

Doesn't list it on mine either, I had to manually set the timer. CBC, CTV and Global all have the wedding listed, but not BBC World.

Ok, is it a little weird that I got really giggly and happy that I saw the wedding listed on my PVR guide??? :lol:
Oh good thankfully I'm not alone on that so is it guaranteed it will air on BBC News World I just don't want to be waiting for it on the morning and then nothing and I'm like scrambling trying to pick another channel!

Also nah your not weird I screamed up and down for like a good 5 mins. Have I mentioned I picked out my outfit yes I have an outfit for 3am in the morning haha :lol:

firebee34 said:

They were discussing it on MSNBC last night

I know I had to make a decision cause I can't record all and I don't want to be switching back and forth between channels. I'll record it on CNN cause Anderson Cooper and NBC cause Matt Lauer. And I think I'll record ABC because Barbara Walters should be broadcasting too...it's exhausting! I'm definitely not recording the wedding on channels like TLC.
My friend has Sky and ITV so she's going to record those two along with BBC so in terms of alternative angles inside the church I'm covered since those are the only 3 channels allowed inside. But for just general coverage I'm debating between CBC Ctv and Global. Normally I'd consider CNN but they seem a little what's the word idk they just seem so surprised at the smallest thing like "Omg they got down on their knees to pray" I dunno least that's how they strike me. No way I'd tape TLC though. I set my DVR to tape CBC for now but that might change.

Last edited:
ghost_night554 said:
My friend has Sky and ITV so she's going to record those two along with BBC so in terms of alternative angles inside the church I'm covered since those are the only 3 channels allowed inside. But for just general coverage I'm debating between CBC Ctv and Global. Normally I'd consider CNN but they seem a little what's the word idk they just seem so surprised at the smallest thing like "Omg they got down on their knees to pray" I dunno least that's how they strike me. No way I'd tape TLC but I have to see who has the longest coverage I member checking my tv guide and one goes till 10am while the others go till 7am PST

Lucky you have a friend in the UK to record ITV! That might be an interesting one to watch as well! I wish we had all the UK channels in Canada and not just online. that way I wouldn't have to worry about recording the coverage, it would make my life so much easier!! :lol: I'm optimistic that given the early morning here that I won't face a lot of Internet traffic and the playback from the live stream will be smooth and I won't have any issues - I just have to keep saying " it will run smoothly, it will run smoothly, it will run smoothly"!!! :lol:

I am probably going to watch it on either BBC America (which starts at 1:00am Mountain Time in the US), or on CNN. Luckily, I am taking that day off and have a three day weekend to recover before having to go back to work.

7 days to go!!!!

here in puerto rico all the most important tv channels will broadcast the wedding, but i have to wake up at 4:30 in the morning!!!! it's a sacrifice, but it's well worth it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom