Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno if this has been suggested yet, but I don't care for any of the rumors that Kanye, Beyonce, Joss Stone performing at the reception. I'm think they should have St. Andrew's "Other Guys" there!

Thanks, Alex.

Now I thought of another question. So Prince Charles will ride with Mrs Middleton on the way back from the Abbey, and Mr. Middleton will ride with...Camilla? Is Camilla sitting in as Prince William's mom for this occasion or will it be his mother's sister?

It seemed obvious to me that it would be Camilla but then I realized that I have no real clue. Would William's grandmother, the Queen, sit in for his mother?

If it is Charles and Camilla, will the order of the carriages be the same? (Won't Charles and Mrs Middleton go first, as opposed to Charles and Diana's wedding, where of course the Queen and the Earl went first after the bridal couple, IIRC).

If this has been asked and answered, I apologize - it's a long thread.

The Wedding Carriages

There will be five horse-drawn carriages in the Carriage Procession from Westminster Abbey to Buckingham Palace. The first carriage will be the 1902 State Landau or Glass Coach carrying the Bride and the Bridegroom. The second and third carriages will be Ascot Landaus carrying the Best Man, Maid of Honour and Bridesmaids. The fourth carriage will be a Semi-State Landau carrying The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. The fifth carriage will be a Semi-State Landau carrying The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall and Mr and Mrs Middleton.

I actually believe it was annouced that it'll be the Queen and DOE in one carriage and POW and Camilla with Mr and Mrs Middleton in another and then the bridesmaids/Henry/Pippa in another, I shall search for the link .....

Here is the link you are looking for: :flowers:

The Wedding Carriages

Dunno if this has been suggested yet, but I don't care for any of the rumors that Kanye, Beyonce, Joss Stone performing at the reception. I'm think they should have St. Andrew's "Other Guys" there!

You're not serious are you?...lol.

With the amount of publicity they have attempted to squeeze from their connection with the duo and that they have spoken at some length about William and Catherine with world media, there is not a chance and neither should there be.

"Blake" :lol: Gets me everytime!

from twitter

Opera Gallery in London will be unveiling the portraits of Will & Kate by artist Andre Monet..tomorrow Tuesday April 26th.

@UK_RoyalWedding

WALL STREET JOURNAL - VATICAN CITY—The May 1 beatification of the late Pope John Paul II is an occasion for the Holy See to bask in the aura of a pontiff widely seen as a modern Catholic hero.

But a high-profile event involving another European institution, the House of Windsor, is stealing the Vatican's thunder. The wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton in London on April 29, two days before the beatification ceremony, is dominating news coverage around the world, leaving less time for the late pope.

In January, when the Vatican set the date for the beatification, Cardinal José Saraiva Martins, former head of the Vatican's saint-making department, said he expected more than two million faithful to show up for the event. Based on that prediction, Vatican and Italian tour operators booked entire hotels in Rome and its surroundings.
But the royal wedding date had already been announced several months earlier, and by March, Vatican officials had begun to lower expectations. Behind closed doors, Vatican officials told city event planners in Rome to prepare for as few as 150,000 people and only a handful of dignitaries, according to one planner.

Now, Vatican planners sound less than confident.
"I have indeed noticed that the wedding is drawing a lot of attention," says Father Caesar Atuire, chief executive of Vatican pilgrims' organization Opera Romana Pellegrinaggi, or ORP. "I wish these two young people all the best in life…but the events are on two different levels." Father Atuire notes that "there are still plenty of beds and rooms available all over the city."

The Vatican has been doing its best to make the beatification go viral, with a website, a Facebook page and Twitter account, and a digital communication service to promote the event via social networking. Vatican museums will stay open until late at night on the days before and after the ceremony, and volunteers will distribute snacks to those who plan to attend the three scheduled events—a vigil, the beatification ceremony itself and a Mass.

At a recent Vatican news conference, the Rev. Walter Insero, a spokesman for the Diocese of Rome, implored reporters to help drum up interest on Facebook and "invite your friends."

Despite the marketing efforts, TV networks aren't planning to pull out all the stops for John Paul II, as they once did, longtime Vatican observers say. "There won't be a lot of space to cover the beatification because all the attention is going to be on England." said Sabina Castelfranco, an Italy-based reporter with CBS Corp.'s CBS TV.

Msgr. Slawomir Oder, the church official who has advanced the case for the late pope's sainthood, bemoans the attention the royal wedding is getting. "In today's world, gossip makes more news and gathers more of an audience," he says.

It isn't the first time the Vatican has had to share the spotlight with the British royals.

In 2005, the world was riveted as a panoply of dignitaries and four million pilgrims flooded Rome for John Paul II's funeral. Chants of "Santo subito"—"Sainthood now"—rose from the crowd in St. Peter's Square, setting the Polish pope on the path to beatification, the last step before someone is declared a saint.

But days later, the media spotlight swung impiously to Buckingham Palace as Prince Charles married Camilla Parker Bowles.

Fans of the pope are chafing over the Vatican's sense of timing, because the overlap had seemed avoidable.

The royals announced their wedding date in November, two months before the Vatican set its schedule.

Cardinal Stanislaw Dziwisz, the archbishop of Krakow, who was John Paul II's private secretary, insisted the beatification should coincide with the May 1 Labor Day weekend, giving Poles enough time to travel to Rome, Msgr. Oder said. Now, Vatican officials are struggling with the consequences of their decision.

"I would have liked to attend both the events and I don't see how I will be able to do it" said Francesco Montorsi, a university researcher who lives in Rome and Paris and who attended John Paul II's funeral.

Pope's Beatification Vies With Royal Wedding for Public Eye - WSJ.com

Does anyone know if they will have a pre wedding event like Victoria and Daniel?

Does anyone know if they will have a pre wedding event like Victoria and Daniel?

There have been no reports about a pre-wedding event. I doubt they will have one as they will be having a dinner for the close friends and family which would IMO make up for the pre-wedding event.

WALL STREET JOURNAL - VATICAN CITY—The May 1 beatification of the late Pope John Paul II is an occasion for the Holy See to bask in the aura of a pontiff widely seen as a modern Catholic hero.

But a high-profile event involving another European institution, the House of Windsor, is stealing the Vatican's thunder. The wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton in London on April 29, two days before the beatification ceremony, is dominating news coverage around the world, leaving less time for the late pope.

In January, when the Vatican set the date for the beatification, Cardinal José Saraiva Martins, former head of the Vatican's saint-making department, said he expected more than two million faithful to show up for the event. Based on that prediction, Vatican and Italian tour operators booked entire hotels in Rome and its surroundings.
But the royal wedding date had already been announced several months earlier, and by March, Vatican officials had begun to lower expectations. Behind closed doors, Vatican officials told city event planners in Rome to prepare for as few as 150,000 people and only a handful of dignitaries, according to one planner.

Now, Vatican planners sound less than confident.
"I have indeed noticed that the wedding is drawing a lot of attention," says Father Caesar Atuire, chief executive of Vatican pilgrims' organization Opera Romana Pellegrinaggi, or ORP. "I wish these two young people all the best in life…but the events are on two different levels." Father Atuire notes that "there are still plenty of beds and rooms available all over the city."

The Vatican has been doing its best to make the beatification go viral, with a website, a Facebook page and Twitter account, and a digital communication service to promote the event via social networking. Vatican museums will stay open until late at night on the days before and after the ceremony, and volunteers will distribute snacks to those who plan to attend the three scheduled events—a vigil, the beatification ceremony itself and a Mass.

At a recent Vatican news conference, the Rev. Walter Insero, a spokesman for the Diocese of Rome, implored reporters to help drum up interest on Facebook and "invite your friends."

Despite the marketing efforts, TV networks aren't planning to pull out all the stops for John Paul II, as they once did, longtime Vatican observers say. "There won't be a lot of space to cover the beatification because all the attention is going to be on England." said Sabina Castelfranco, an Italy-based reporter with CBS Corp.'s CBS TV.

Msgr. Slawomir Oder, the church official who has advanced the case for the late pope's sainthood, bemoans the attention the royal wedding is getting. "In today's world, gossip makes more news and gathers more of an audience," he says.

It isn't the first time the Vatican has had to share the spotlight with the British royals.

In 2005, the world was riveted as a panoply of dignitaries and four million pilgrims flooded Rome for John Paul II's funeral. Chants of "Santo subito"—"Sainthood now"—rose from the crowd in St. Peter's Square, setting the Polish pope on the path to beatification, the last step before someone is declared a saint.

But days later, the media spotlight swung impiously to Buckingham Palace as Prince Charles married Camilla Parker Bowles.

Fans of the pope are chafing over the Vatican's sense of timing, because the overlap had seemed avoidable.

The royals announced their wedding date in November, two months before the Vatican set its schedule.

Cardinal Stanislaw Dziwisz, the archbishop of Krakow, who was John Paul II's private secretary, insisted the beatification should coincide with the May 1 Labor Day weekend, giving Poles enough time to travel to Rome, Msgr. Oder said. Now, Vatican officials are struggling with the consequences of their decision.

"I would have liked to attend both the events and I don't see how I will be able to do it" said Francesco Montorsi, a university researcher who lives in Rome and Paris and who attended John Paul II's funeral.

Pope's Beatification Vies With Royal Wedding for Public Eye - WSJ.com

A bit of what goes around comes around - the Vatican had a number of days they could have chosen for John Paul's funeral but they chose the already announced date of Charles and Camilla's wedding forcing it to be changed.

This time they again chose a date close to a British royal wedding but it doesn't seem to be in their favour.

It's offputing to see comments about being on another "level" and "gossiip news" when it could have all been avoided by wiser choices. IMO, it would be have been better to keep those kinds of comments closer to the vest/ments.

Rain is supposed to be a good omen. Though I think a light shower would be preferred ;)

It was a lovely afternoon in London yesterday so we walked up Constitution Hill to BP, had a look around there and walked back through Green Park. Wonderful atmosphere, a lot of people around to see the general atmosphere there and see all the prep work being carried out.

Live coverage has yet begun on the Telegraph. Update every 90 seconds!!!

Take the Eurostar on thursday... till two days to be in London!!!

Rain is supposed to be a good omen. Though I think a light shower would be preferred ;)

Same here. It's considered like a blessing from the skies. Let's just hope it will happen after 5 p.m

It was a lovely afternoon in London yesterday so we walked up Constitution Hill to BP, had a look around there and walked back through Green Park. Wonderful atmosphere, a lot of people around to see the general atmosphere there and see all the prep work being carried out.

Muriel, it must be really exciting witnessing it all. Don't know if you plan to be there on the actual day, but if so, don't forget to came her to share flowers:

Last edited:
You're not serious are you?...lol.

With the amount of publicity they have attempted to squeeze from their connection with the duo and that they have spoken at some length about William and Catherine with world media, there is not a chance and neither should there be.

"Blake" :lol: Gets me everytime!
I just suggested it based on what I thought they made a very hilarious and high quality production (and they're damn good singers). Didn't know about their publicity milking, though.

Floral Decorations

The BBC News website has a report and interview with the florist and states that some of the floral decorations will be as follows: -

Azaleas
Rhododendrons
Euphorbias
Beech
Wisteria
Lilac
Blossoms
Lily of the Valley

This points to a "colour scheme" of lilacs/pinks/purples/greens/whites/blues.

There will also be six 20ft high English Field Maples and two Hornbeam trees inside the Abbey.

Last edited:
The BBC News website has a report and interview with the florist and states that some of the floral decorations will be as follows: -

Azaleas
Rhododendrons
Euphorbias
Beech
Wisteria
Lilac

This points to a "colour scheme" of lilacs/purples/greens/whites/blues.

There will also be six 20ft high English Field Maples and two Hornbeam trees inside the Abbey.

Nice scheme of colors! Could you share the link?

Azaleas
Rhododendrons
Euphorbias
Beech
Wisteria
Lilac
Blossoms
Lily of the Valley

This points to a "colour scheme" of lilacs/pinks/purples/greens/whites/blues.

Sounds like it's going to be simply gorgeous. Can't wait to see what Westminster Abbey looks like on Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom