Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One way of looking at this is the first one is really for the Official State guests (government officials, Prime Ministers, etc), because of the Queen's role and Prince William's role as a future monarch. The evening one is much more like a typical wedding party that private individuals would hold for their weddings. Hope that explains why they have 2 receptions. :flowers:

Good way of putting it. OR... one for behavin' and one for misbehavin' :ROFLMAO:

In fact the wedding reception offered by the Prince of Wales is exactly the same event that the evening reception and dancing offered to victoria and danial by the king of sweden two days before the wedding of victoria. We just had a few photos or royalty leaving their hotels all dress up and no photo of victoria and daniel. Only 100 friends (among them royalty) and diner and dance after the diner. but in the case of the BRF the two events are ... the same day !

The dinner and dance for Victoria and Daniel was prior to most guests arriving for the wedding but in William and Catherine's case the guests are expected for the morning wedding but then excluded for the evening dinner and dance. Unless there is a very festive event on the evening prior to the wedding it would be very rude to invite guests to travel to a wedding in another country and then exclude them from the major social activities surrounding the wedding.

I read that the Goring Hotel will set up a marquee to allow the princess-to-be to leave the hotel and enter the car in complete privacy.
Is there an assumption that she will get dressed at the hotel or at Buckingham Palace? Considering she will most likely meet with the bridal party prior to the wedding one could perhaps assume they will all get ready at the palace. There are more space and amenities available for hairdressers and everyone else needed for the preparations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand a thing here,so nearly all guests will be present at morning reception.How about the evening reception?Will they organize one?With dance etc,if it will be then it will be just a family event,I guess

The dinner and dance for Victoria and Daniel was prior to most guests arriving for the wedding but in William and Catherine's case the guests are expected for the morning wedding but then excluded for the evening dinner and dance. Unless there is a very festive event on the evening prior to the wedding it would be very rude to invite guests to travel to a wedding in another country and then exclude them from the major social activities surrounding the wedding.

Is there an assumption that she will get dressed at the hotel or at Buckingham Palace? Considering she will most likely meet with the bridal party prior to the wedding one could perhaps assume they will all get ready at the palace. There are more space and amenities available for hairdressers and everyone else needed for the preparations.
Apparently there will be an Ball/Reception the evening before at an Hotel for the foreign Royals but the bridal couple is not expected there.
As for Catherine she ill get ready at the Hotel and leavre from there as stated in the official timetable for the Wedding.

I thought I'd read somewhere Victoria saying that theyd not been invited to the after wedding party? Something like we have no after wedding plans? Or was that just for the night one? Anyone remember this or am I losing my mind? :)

She said we have no plans for Saturday night though I think she meant Friday but who knows.

In fact the wedding reception offered by the Prince of Wales is exactly the same event that the evening reception and dancing offered to victoria and danial by the king of sweden two days before the wedding of victoria. We just had a few photos or royalty leaving their hotels all dress up and no photo of victoria and daniel
Sorry I know this isn't a thread for Victoria and Daniel but are these pics from the night your talking about? http://i49.tinypic.com/e80qk2.jpg

Hm seeing these though gives me hope for getting some snapshots of Wills and Kate arriving for the reception assuming they go to SJP after the wedding breakfast.

Last edited:
A report about the reception:
The 600 guests invited to the canape reception at Buckingham Palace following Kate Middleton and Prince William's wedding on April 29 will be served with 10,000 different kinds of hot and cold canapes, says a report.
More here: Big, fat wedding reception: 10,000 different canapes - The Times of India

World Exclusive photos from the wedding rehearsal to be released this week:
IkonPictures Niraj Tanna

Can't wait to see @CamillaTominey article about the wedding rehearsal at Westminster Abbey this week. Oh, and world exclusive pics!

16 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

ETA: I got more info it will be in the Sunday Express

Last edited:
Royalreporter- My understanding is that most, if not all, of the foreign royals will not be at the evening dinner dance. No info on tiara yet.

Does that mean the one the POW is hosting? I am almost as excited to see the other Royals and what they're wearing (ie Victoria, Max, and Mathilde) as I am to see the bride :)

Royalreporter- My understanding is that most, if not all, of the foreign royals will not be at the evening dinner dance. No info on tiara yet.

Does that mean the one the POW is hosting? I am almost as excited to see the other Royals and what they're wearing (ie Victoria, Max, and Mathilde) as I am to see the bride :)
Ya I take it the evening one is just for William and Kate's friends and family. I think the only royal that's the exception to the rule is King Constantine and Queen Anne Maria seeing as he's his god father and the constant close ties they've kept with them.

If they're in tiaras and we get no pics I won't be very happy ugh.

Last edited:
Sorry one more question based on the official timetable what time should I start watching in order to see all the Royal guests arriving? 3am EST in the US you think or 4?

Sorry one more question based on the official timetable what time should I start watching in order to see all the Royal guests arriving? 3am EST in the US you think or 4?

If I'm going by Charles and Diana's schedule official airing began as the foreign royals filed into the church so I'm guessing official airing would be between 2:30est to 3:00est which would be around 9:30am - 10am in London and my time would be 12:30am - 1:00am PST

ghost_night554 said:
If I'm going by Charles and Diana's schedule official airing began as the foreign royals filed into the church so I'm guessing official airing would be between 2:30est to 3:00est which would be around 9:30am - 10am in London and my time would be 12:30am - 1:00am PST

Hmmmm I was really talking about the official time line released for Kate and Williams wedding but thank you

I would say around 3am.. That is when I am getting up ...

I know but I based it around William and Kate's actual schedule which has the guests beginning to arrive at 8:15 to 9:45am which is why I said 9:30am being 2:30am est 12:30am pst and what I could father from my dvd of Charles and Diana's broadcast. Anything prior to 2:00am EST I'd say won't be worth watching IMO.

I know but I based it around William and Kate's actual schedule which has the guests beginning to arrive at 8:15 to 9:45am which is why I said 9:30am being 2:30am est 12:30am pst and what I could father from my dvd of Charles and Diana's broadcast. Anything prior to 2:00am EST I'd say won't be worth watching IMO.

EDT is 5 hours behind London time, so 9 am in London is 4 am EDT, 3 am CDT, 2 am MDT and 1 am PDT.

From what I've seen for the tv schedules here, BBC America starts coverage at 3:00 am est and the major networks begin coverage at 4:00 am est. If guests are arriving before 3:00 am est, I have no idea where it would be broadcast on tv here. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be delighted to know. :) I would hate to miss any detail about this wedding. ;)

tenngirl4 said:
From what I've seen for the tv schedules here, BBC America starts coverage at 3:00 am est and the major networks begin coverage at 4:00 am est. If guests are arriving before 3:00 am est, I have no idea where it would be broadcast on tv here. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be delighted to know. :) I would hate to miss any detail about this wedding. ;)

10:10 a.m.: The Bridegroom and Prince Harry of Wales leave Clarence House for Westminster Abbey. They arrive at the Abbey at 10:15 a.m.

10:20 a.m.: Members of Foreign Royal Families arrive at Westminster Abbey from Buckingham Palace.

So 4am should be early enough to see every arrive,yes?

Last edited:
Why are William and Harry arriving so early-even before the guests and members of their family? I thought they would be the last ones to arrive-barring the bride ofcourse

Why are William and Harry arriving so early-even before the guests and members of their family? I thought they would be the last ones to arrive-barring the bride ofcourse

Protocol - they have to be there before other royals who have to be seated.

Even at ordinary weddings these days the groom often arrives before the members of either family rather than just before the bride's mother.

In this case though the bride's mother won't be the last to arrive before the bride as the Queen arrives everywhere last - unless there is a very good reason for someone to arrive after her and in this case it is the bride - everyone else has to be seated before the Queen.

HRHofNothing,

I do agree with you, I was thinking the same thing. Why is William and Harry arriving so early? knowing how adept the British Military is there is a reason, let us wait and see.

HRHofNothing,

I do agree with you, I was thinking the same thing. Why is William and Harry arriving so early? knowing how adept the British Military is there is a reason, let us wait and see.
It is for practical reasons the bridegroom and best man arrives early. The best man is responsible for paying the priest and organist and anyone else that is needed. The other groomsmen are also ushers for the guests. The bridegroom should present the documents necessary for the priest to sign. Although I doubt neither William nor Harry are expected to take care of any of the practical tasks they should still be there before the guests arrive.

It is for practical reasons the bridegroom and best man arrives early. The best man is responsible for paying the priest and organist and anyone else that is needed. The other groomsmen are also ushers for the guests. The bridegroom should present the documents necessary for the priest to sign. Although I doubt neither William nor Harry are expected to take care of any of the practical tasks they should still be there before the guests arrive.

Then too.. with the groom's party already there.. the incoming guests and all leave William NO means of escape. :whistling:

Catherine Wedding Dress

:flowers:I do hope that Catherine's wedding dress is a creation of the old and new seeing that she is so thin a straight design may not be impressive.
however every bride has the right to dress to her taste.

Queen Victoria popularized the White dress for brides. During her reign it was fashionalbe to adorn the white wedding dress with (Green Leaves and Forgot me not flowers)

Prior to the Victoria's era Brides wore black, red, yellow and other colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom