Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Middletons invite Mustique bar owner, tennis coach and yoga teacher to wedding

This article was in several publications this week, but I've cited both the Mirror and the DM (I know... The DM is not to be trusted...). But even BBCAmerica has this on their blog.

"Kate Middleton's parents have invited six staff from the luxury island of Mustique to the royal wedding. Carole and Michael Middleton, frequent visitors to the private Caribbean paradise, have rewarded people who made their stays there enjoyable, including tennis coach Richard Schaffer, yoga teacher Gregory Allen, equestrian manager Liz Saint, head of villa rentals Jeanette Cadet and the island MD Roger Pritchard.
The best-known guest is Basil Charles, owner of Basil's Bar, a long-term haunt of the rich and famous, including Kate, 29, Wills, 28, and the late Princess Margaret."

Of course, the Middletons have every right to invite whomever they choose to fill their allotted number of seats. And, as Sister Morphine points out some monarchs were invited and could send someone in their place, which probably explains the fact that the Norwegian and Danish CP couples will not attend, since their kings/queens are coming.

It is just a personal thing with me that I would have enjoyed seeing all the young heirs and their spouses at this wedding. But, it's not my wedding and of course they have the right to do whatever they choose!!!

Royal wedding: Kate Middleton's parents invite six staff from Mustique - mirror.co.uk.

Home | Mail Online asks-2-ex-loves---William-invites-4.html

Just read the daily mail article on the guests... Interesting guest list.

But what is a "knees-up?" English version of "all-nighter?"

Dont believe the Daily Mail about the guest list regarding the invitations send to people to Mustic. Two recents stories were totally lies. The osborne invitation was not true/ Mrs Osborne told on TV she WAS NOT INVITED. And second: on the telegraph today, Clarence House said William and Kate planned to leave Clarence House as soon as they are married. So no house shared with harry as the DM wrote two days ago. So sensationalism.

On another point, I saw on the Champs Elysees this morning british flags which are sold with William and Kate's faces.

Hi Zonk: This was in today's Telegraph, but I read it elsewhere earlier this week. I mentioned the incident today because the Telegraph is ususally a reliable source:

Royal wedding: Inquisition over Prince William's 'snub' to Crown Prince Felipe of Spain - Telegraph.

Regarding Haakon and Mette-Marit:

This is from the blog of historian Trond Noren Isaksen, who reports on the Norwegian Royals, as well as other Scandinavian monarchs.

Trond Norén Isaksen: King and Queen of Norway to attend British royal wedding

Thanks for the sources. Yes, the Telegraph is somewhat reliable (at least more than the DM) but it still has those unnamed sources.

Zonk said:
Thanks for the sources. Yes, the Telegraph is somewhat reliable (at least more than the DM) but it still has those unnamed sources.

True! Unfortunatly if we waited for 'named' sources before discussing things we'd probably have little to discuss :) lol

Getting so gittty and excited for this wedding !!!!! And for my part I am excited to see Felipe and Letizia so it's a win,win for me..... (and Daniel and Victoria, and Max and WA, and Mathilde and Phillippe)

Edit- oh yes and Albert and Charlene, who honestly I forgot were even attending.....Do you think the BRF will send someone to their wedding? (Sophie and Edward perhaps)

Last edited:
True! Unfortunatly if we waited for 'named' sources before discussing things we'd probably have little to discuss :) lol

Getting so gittty and excited for this wedding !!!!! And for my part I am excited to see Felipe and Letizia so it's a win,win for me..... (and Daniel and Victoria, and Max and WA, and Mathilde and Phillippe)

Edit- oh yes and Albert and Charlene, who honestly I forgot were even attending.....Do you think the BRF will send someone to their wedding? (Sophie and Edward perhaps)

I agree to a point...as pointed out in another thread...if I (that's me personally) see an article or something that is attributed to someone else (say Victoria Arbiter) I might be inclined to believe it. Apparently, she can be a legit source. If India Hicks or Countess Mountbatten says something...its legit...an unamed source....not so legit.

its true. I complain about the DM, but I'm always posting it here :lol:
I was thinking maybe Kate and William could represent the family at C&A' wedding. Just to see Kate sporting a tiara :p (will they be wearing tiaras?)
Actually, Sophie is looking so beautiful lately, (if you haven't , go check her thread) I would be just as happy to see her there.

This looks sooo bad! Just from the trailer you can see they went overboard with the artistic licence thing. and I don't mean things that happen behind close doors, because, that no one really knows. I'm talking about moments that are available at YouTube and are so evidently nonsense.
That being said, I'd still watch :p

Last edited:
Just read the daily mail article on the guests... Interesting guest list.

But what is a "knees-up?" English version of "all-nighter?"

A 'knees-up' is a another way of saying ' a good party'; it is not necessarily an 'all-nighter', it's more a way of indicating quite a lot of celebrating and conviviality. I believe in the past that the term was originally often used amongst Cockneys [native-Londoners 'traditionally born within the sound of Bow Bells' and historically a working-class area] to indicate 'a good party', the 'knees up' referring to dancing; there's an old English song much beloved of Cockeys called 'Knees up Mother Brown'.

I am afraid I am completely unable to help you with the full lyrics - all I have ever heard is ' Knees up Mother Brown, Knees up Mother Brown, Knees-up, Knees-up, Knees-up, Knees-up, Knees-up Mother Brown', sung whilst all dance around merrily, hopping about from foot to foot, and with the knees 'going up'.

Alex

Last edited:
I agree to a point...as pointed out in another thread...if I (that's me personally) see an article or something that is attributed to someone else (say Victoria Arbiter) I might be inclined to believe it. Apparently, she can be a legit source. If India Hicks or Countess Mountbatten says something...its legit...an unamed source....not so legit.

Yes, Victoria Arbiter is generally regarded as a 'safe source': I posted this earlier on another thead [Catherine Middleton Family Wealth Thread]

Not sure if anyone has said this before, but there is often good cause for thinking that anything by Victoria Arbiter [the reporter in the aforementioned piece] may be regarded as fairly authoritative. Victoria is the daugher of Dickie Arbiter, retired press secretary to the Queen. He is regarded as still maintaining very close contacts with the Palace. ( His other [less famous role!] was teaching me to Ice Skate!:))

Alex

Dickie Arbiter keeps in very close contact with the Palace still, and although this is obviously going to have to rank as 'unverified opinion', I can tell you from what I have learned in my job that the Palace Press Office sometimes use Dickie Arbiter to help spread background information on an 'unattributed basis' to enable certain information - probably more accurately described as 'mis-information!!!' - put into the public domain by the tabloid press and particularly the 'Red Tops' [a term used to indicate those tabloids such as the Sun and The News of The World - both of which have 'Red' Title lines, to be corrected.
[Arbiter senior being regarded as a 'safe pair of hands']

There is also the wide belief [again you will just have to treat this as unverified information] but again I was told this in my job, that the Palace likes to keep what I should call the 'papers of record' [Times, Telegraph etc] 'well-briefed' in order to help keep the balance - as a general rule, the Papers of Record are regarded as not resorting to 'grubby tricks' to get information, and as such could technically 'continually lose-out' in their royal reporting, as the 'Red-Tops' would then get all the 'scoops' and thus it would be inequitable to allow the tabloids to 'profit' [i.e. with more scoops] if the balance was not redressed in some way.

I don't want to throw this forum 'off-track' but if anyone is interesting and can point me to an appropriat thread for my proposed post, I can show you one of the 'grey-area tricks' used by tabloids to 'get royal news' and you can therefore see how dirty it gets.

Hope this helps

Alex

Last edited:
Yes, Victoria Arbiter is generally regarded as a 'safe source': I posted this earlier on another thead [Catherine Middleton Family Wealth Thread]

Dickie Arbiter keeps in very close contact with the Palace still, and although this is obviously going to have to rank as 'unverified opinion', I can tell you from what I have learned in my job that the Palace Press Office sometimes use Dickie Arbiter to help spread background information on an 'unattributed basis' to enable certain information - probably more accurately described as 'mis-information!!!' - put into the public domain by the tabloid press and particularly the 'Red Tops' [a term used to indicate those tabloids such as the Sun and The News of The World - both of which have 'Red' Title lines, to be corrected.
[Arbiter senior being regarded as a 'safe pair of hands']

There is also the wide belief [again you will just have to treat this as unverified information] but again I was told this in my job, that the Palace likes to keep what I should call the 'papers of record' [Times, Telegraph etc] 'well-briefed' in order to help keep the balance - as a general rule, the Papers of Record are regarded as not resorting to 'grubby tricks' to get information, and as such could technically 'continually lose-out' in their royal reporting, as the 'Red-Tops' would then get all the 'scoops' and thus it would be inequitable to allow the tabloids to 'profit' [i.e. with more scoops] if the balance was not redressed in some way.

I don't want to throw this forum 'off-track' but if anyone is interesting and can point me to an appropriat thread for my proposed post, I can show you one of the 'grey-area tricks' used by tabloids to 'get royal news' and you can therefore see how dirty it gets.

Hope this helps

Alex

Sounds like we need a "British Royals and the Press" thread. Not only for the post you wish to make about the "grey-area tricks" but also a place to rant, rave and sometimes shake our heads in disgust at the printed media and its contributors. :)

The%20Times.JPG

Kate on the cover of The Times (the magazine delivers with the sunday times)

I'm so sorry, I try to copy and paste the cover but failed.
The title is :
Review, this week cover's story : The Beauty and the bullies, Giles Hattersley and Francesca Angelini go in search of the schoolgirls who tormented a teenage Kate Middleton.
Photos : Kate in st andrews recently with her red dress and a big photo of Kate aged 5 which was offered by the Middleton family and is on the official website.

You can't post pictures directly from your hard drive. You have to upload them to an image hosting server like Photobucket or Imageshack, and then post that url between the IMG tags.

Royal couple to share balcony kiss on wedding day - Telegraph

In a series of meetings, Bishop Chartres has been counselling them on how to cope with the pressure of building a family in the glare of public scrutiny. The couple are also believed to have discussed the impact their upbringings have had on them and how their roles would change as parents.

I guess it's never too soon

Crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel attend the wedding at Westminster Abbey, but they are not invited to the wedding party in the evening, because only 300 nearest to the happy couple are invited. Victoria told to Aftonbladet on Saturday, that they haven´t made any plans to Saturday evening yet.
De får inte gå på efterfesten | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

its true. I complain about the DM, but I'm always posting it here :lol:
I was thinking maybe Kate and William could represent the family at C&A' wedding. Just to see Kate sporting a tiara :p (will they be wearing tiaras?)
Actually, Sophie is looking so beautiful lately, (if you haven't , go check her thread) I would be just as happy to see her there.
P

Kate and William will be touring Canada from June 30th to July 8th. That might make it hard to attend a wedding in Monaco on the 9th.

is she really? didn't someone somewhere actually said it wasn't true!
there has been so many stories and links, but I remember something like that being reported

A US reporter who was over in England doing pre-wedding taping was said to announce on tv that this was untrue. I cant remember who it was but they were doing some pre work 3 weeks ago.. the overveiw said " you have heard it here first kate is not allargic to horses":eek:

A US reporter who was over in England doing pre-wedding taping was said to announce on tv that this was untrue. I cant remember who it was but they were doing some pre work 3 weeks ago.. the overveiw said " you have heard it here first kate is not allargic to horses":eek:

see, I knew I wasn't crazy :lol: I really can't trace back where I saw it, but I have!

Perhaps someone will adress this vital issue during their engagement tomorrow :p

Crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel attend the wedding at Westminster Abbey, but they are not invited to the wedding party in the evening, because only 300 nearest to the happy couple are invited. Victoria told to Aftonbladet on Saturday, that they haven´t made any plans to Saturday evening yet.
De får inte gå på efterfesten | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

tnks for the information. The only royals I'm aware will be attending the evening reception, are the Greek ones. Richard Quest from CNN interviewed King Constantine who confirmed he will attend all 3 events.

Last edited:
Hum Victoria and Daniel have no plans for saturday evening? but the wedding is on Friday and not Saturday. So maybe they are invited for the evening reception on Friday evening after the wedding?

KristineML said:
Kate and William will be touring Canada from June 30th to July 8th. That might make it hard to attend a wedding in Monaco on the 9th.

The Monaco wedding is July 1st and 2nd , not the 9th but yes William and Kate for sure will be busy and won't attend

Last edited:
As romantic as it sounds, I really doubt this is going to happen. With Kate being allergic to horses, the last thing she'll need is a groom by her side that has been in close contact with one let alone smelling like one. :D
Things are going to be rough on kate then...cause William rides horses often.

DianaLP said:
Things are going to be rough on kate then...cause William rides horses often.

Sure she's found a way to deal within the last eight years....she's been to his polo games so she must have some ways to handle the allergy

Riding up in a white horse is an Indian tradition for weddings period.THis is not an English brainstorm. It is considered highly auspicious to do so.
Then he will probably get Harry to do it;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom