Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I called into work today and told them not to expect me on April 29th unless they want me to show up all puffy and overly emotional. I know I will be a complete and utter mess that day. But in a good way. I'll prob end up crying but it's all good they're happy tears! I'll be exhausted too.

My parents want me to go on holiday on the 29th so I don't know where I'll be. However, on the news this morning it seems that William has 'ruffled' some feathers with his choice of not wearing a wedding ring. The news are talking to the British people about who wears a ring and who doesn't.

Basil the Mustique barman's Royal Wedding invitation: How Middletons are inviting 'new friends' from their Caribbean holiday island | Mail Online

This article says that Dave Clark is not invited, that I am surprised at.

Last edited:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/03/fashion/03HICKS.html?_r=1&hpw
There was an uptick in media requests, she said, when Prince William and Kate Middleton announced their engagement. Ms. Hicks wrote an essay for Harper’s Bazaar describing memories of being part of Charles and Diana’s wedding. After that piece was published, Ms. Hicks’s phone started to ring endlessly, she said, with pleas from television networks to help in their royal wedding coverage. With what she called “an unofficial nod” from the palace, she worked on two specials for TLC and agreed to be interviewed, along with her mother, by Barbara Walters. The week of the wedding, she will appear as a commentator for the British network ITV in the mornings and do several reports on ABC, commitments that have kept her off official guest lists.
Is anybody else getting sick of India Hicks' cashing in on her time spent as a bridesmaid to Diana? Because I am! I see no point in continuely rehashing C&D's wedding. W&C's wedding is going to be different - different venue, different dress, different cake, etc.

:previous: I'm surprised they (the authorities) still haven't managed to pin this finatical buffoon for insighting terror.

There was an interview with this man on 60 minutes Australia a couple of weeks back. He, and the garbage he pronounces, is certainly a threat to society.

I'm most confident M16 and Scotland Yard are pursuing any information they have received which would be of interest. I'm sure all will be well.

Last edited:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/03/fashion/03HICKS.html?_r=1&hpw
Is anybody else getting sick of India Hicks' cashing in on her time spent as a bridesmaid to Diana? Because I am! I see no point in continuely rehashing C&D's wedding. W&C's wedding is going to be different - different venue, different dress, different cake, etc.

That's easy for us to say, but if a major television network showed up waving an enormous checkbook, wouldn't it be hard not to rationalize that you are doing no harm in feeding interest in what is, after all, a historic event?

:previous: Let's be honest here, It all comes down to $$$$, lots of them. She is being offered an obscene amount of money and she is allowed her shot at fame. Although I have to admit, what on earth does she really know about anything except once upon a time she was one of Diana's wedding attendants. :ermm:

I was kind of looking forward to Sarah, Duchess of York being a commentator. Now she, would have some insight on how it is all done.... Oh well.
As for India Hicks..... Why the heck not? If I was asked, I would too.:lol:

She's the daugher of Pamela Hicks. It's no wonder she's so caught up in her own personage :D

The Mountbatten's have always seemed to me more the tailcoat riding sort. Though quite familiar with court life for the better part of a century, I think perhaps they over estimate their historical worth (Note I do not include the Duke of Edinburgh being that he was formerly a member of the Royal House of Greece).

Last edited:
I was kind of looking forward to Sarah, Duchess of York being a commentator. Now she, would have some insight on how it is all done.... Oh well.

I think if Sarah became a commentator, that particular network would find many doors slammed shut, rather than pried open a tiny bit! :lol:

So who is actually watching this live? I was planning too but I have a school trip and all my friends are going and I can't get a refund so I'll catch a glimpse of Catherine most likely getting ready that morning and when I come back that evening have to sift through a 300 page thread on the wedding lol!

I'll be watching live since we got the day off for it & all. Then my street is holding a street party in afternoon so will probably go mingle with the neighbours for a bit. ;)

After all, it looks like I am also infected a little bit with the wedding virus ;)
Reading about the potential designer of the wedding dress, I thought about if I have ever seen Catherine/Kate in evening gowns - as this might be a hint for the style she is looking for.
This is what I found:
http://cdn.babble.com/family-style/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/kate-middleton-1.jpg
http://www.stylejunkee.com/wp-content/kate middleton grey issa dress.jpg

So this is what me might see - or something completely different. :lol:

I am looking for a job, and if I get one, doubt very much I could get that day off. But if I'm not working I will be up at the crack of dawn!

countess felicitas said:
After all, it looks like I am also infected a little bit with the wedding virus ;)
Reading about the potential designer of the wedding dress, I thought about if I have ever seen Catherine/Kate in evening gowns - as this might be a hint for the style she is looking for.
This is what I found:
http://cdn.babble.com/family-style/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/kate-middleton-1.jpg
http://www.stylejunkee.com/wp-content/kate%20middleton%20grey%20issa%20dress.jpg

So this is what me might see - or something completely different. :lol:

Maybe bit like this with the calling attention to her tiny waist but I think since it's in the Abbey the dress may be a bit more 'traditional' and less skin.... But lovely pics! Love the BCBG dress (the blue one)!

I'm not sure how this works but can someone tell me exactly how much of the wedding the public will be able to see?? I know we'll be able to see the arrivals and the ceremony...but will cameras be allowed into the reception?

:previous:Based on previous British weddings....Charles/Diana, Andrew/Sarah, Charles/Camilla, and Sophie/Edward we saw the entire ceremony. Well, with the exception of Charles and Camilla's civil ceremony as we did see their blessing.

After Charles/Diana and Sarah/Andrew arrived at BP, we saw the balcony scene and that was it. No reception arrivals, speeches, nada. I do recall some photos that came out after the ceremony but it was when the pictures were being taken...again no reception shots.

I think that's why the Swedish wedding was such a shock (at least to me) being a part of the actual reception.

So who is actually watching this live? I was planning too but I have a school trip and all my friends are going and I can't get a refund so I'll catch a glimpse of Catherine most likely getting ready that morning and when I come back that evening have to sift through a 300 page thread on the wedding lol!
I told Mr. Russo that I was going to pull an all nighter to watch it and he looked at me like I was a nutter. Oh well, it doesn't interfere with the NFL draft so all is good. :D

Russophile said:
I told Mr. Russo that I was going to pull an all nighter to watch it and he looked at me like I was a nutter. Oh well, it doesn't interfere with the NFL draft so all is good. :D

The people at work think I am nuts for taking off a day without pay just to watch :) but it's worth it to me!

Zonk said:
:previous:Based on previous British weddings....Charles/Diana, Andrew/Sarah, Charles/Camilla, and Sophie/Edward we saw the entire ceremony. Well, with the exception of Charles and Camilla's civil ceremony as we did see their blessing.

After Charles/Diana and Sarah/Andrew arrived at BP, we saw the balcony scene and that was it. No reception arrivals, speeches, nada. I do recall some photos that came out after the ceremony but it was when the pictures were being taken...again no reception shots.

I think that's why the Swedish wedding was such a shock (at least to me) being a part of the actual reception.

Thanks Zonk:flowers:
The Swedish wedding has got me spoiled I see. I was definitely expecting the cameras to go far into the reception.

Now I'm rethinking staying up all night. If the arrivals, ceremony and balcony is all we'll see I may as well record it and watch later on that night. What shall I do...

MRSJ said:
The people at work think I am nuts for taking off a day without pay just to watch :) but it's worth it to me!

Russophile said:

Sadly I have no one who'll even watch it with me. My family, friends and even acquaintances think I'm nuts, but that's okay, they don't know what they're missing. I guess if I decide to stay up I'll curl up with a blanket and a cup of hot cocoa and watch it all by myself.

I'll be watching with Mother. Up for the 4 am start too!LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals

I'll be watching it with a dozen of friends. It Begins (in Paris) at 12h00. So we have a sandwich party. Our husbands will be at work because it's friday. But we all took a day off (yes yes) or a RTT (something nice in France, you are allowed to have a day and a half off each month because we work more than the new law put in place some years ago authorised, so it's to compensate). I'm going to be so excited from now. On the french channel CANAL + they spoke nearly each day of the impending wedding in some fantasy and comics at the evening. It's fun. My sister and brother in law leaves in London (at Napier Place). They plan to go to the Mall with some friends and collegues the 29th. I'm so jealous.

I'm hoping to catch a live stream of this event on the Internet, and therefore will be up at three-thirty (just to be safe). I don't think anyone will watch this with me, though my next-door neighbors are from England, I doubt they'll be up that early to watch anything, even if it's the wedding of the second-in-line to the British throne.

Do my friends/acquaintances think I'm insane? Oh, absolutely! But it has more to do with the fact that I'm a history buff and a nerd in general. You'd think they'd be used to my strangeness by now, but it doesn't appear to that way. :ROFLMAO:

My sister and brother in law leaves in London (at Napier Place). They plan to go to the Mall with some friends and collegues the 29th. I'm so jealous.

One of my high school friends is in London till next year. so I understand your feelings :) . I gently suggested that she would be able to catch a glimpse of the whole BRF. As any good tourist she now wants to witness the whole thing.

Here I have some friends who will watch it, but since it's so early, each will do it at their own home! once her dress is reveal I'm sure there will be a few calls to discuss it :). At home just me and mom, and of course I'l be online here sharing every detail with everyone.

Mr. Remote here knows I am going to be glued to the TV and the internet for this wedding. Its gotten to the point now where he'll point out to me blips about the wedding on the news and has even programmed in wedding specials so that I won't miss them. Bless his little channel flipping heart! :flowers: I don't know if he'll be watching the wedding with me but it would be nice.

I am off that day:)

I will set my alarm promptly..and HRH to be- I suspect will have a gown of simplicity, and sleekness...less is more..wonder about her headpiece?

She will look smashing no matter ..

Thanks Zonk:flowers:
The Swedish wedding has got me spoiled I see. I was definitely expecting the cameras to go far into the reception.

Now I'm rethinking staying up all night. If the arrivals, ceremony and balcony is all we'll see I may as well record it and watch later on that night. What shall I do...
I'm still holding onto a small glimmer of hope that they might break with tradition and release one photo from the reception. I'm sure if anything we will eventually hear bits and pieces of what it was like. Plus with the twitter age it wouldn't surprise me if someone managed to get something from the reception. All previous Royal Wedding except Charles and Camilla's weren't in the advanced technology age we are now hence why nothing ever leaked out. Though Sarah did say no one remembered to bring a camera to the reception and with Diana's Lord Lichfield was SUPPOSED to be there but BP made him go develop the official photos while the wedding breakfast was happening so he missed it and spent his time at the lab. Something to do with he said they wanted them out in time for the 6 o'clock news. With Sophie and Edward though we did get one photo of them leaving their reception I believe I posted it in their wedding thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom